(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisdodel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2257 9 years ago

Technically not really a "turret" shooter as it does not oscillate like Derby Day, Hayburners 2 and other true turret games.

#2260 9 years ago

Gtb. calls it an "Electric Center Shooter" on the flyer for the game. Sounds good to me.

1 week later
#2284 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

The electromagnetic version is where you place a powerful magnet on top of the playfield glass and guide the ball into certain scoring positions/specials to achieve numerous replays.

That's why original bingo balls are made of non-magnetic nickel.

2 weeks later
#2374 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

ebay.com link » 1940s Hollywood Pinball Machine
1940's????
Ahh, I see. It says so on the side of the lightbox!
Sheesh, save the backglass, this is a pile. Worth maybe $150 tops!

There is a 1945 Hollywood pin. Might be what he is thinking he has.

1 month later
#2657 9 years ago
Quoted from JKnPA:

ebay.com link » Sea Island Bingo Pinball Machine Ballys Vintage 10 Cent
FWIW........... that is not a 'Sea Island' cabinet. It would be nice if the seller stated that fact.
That is a 'Beach Time' cabinet.</blockquote

I sent that info. to them a long time ago with no change in the ad. Even inquired about the Roller Derby next to it with no response. Told them I lived right across the river from them. It's been on e-bay many times.

8 months later
#3890 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Supposed to be one of the top collectibles in wooodrails. (But how is it as a player, to the extent that even matters ?)
Of course, you can't transpose the societal standards of one era to another, but seen from the standards of today it would be harder to come up with a title that was more offensive ! (I was going to say 'politically incorrect', but this artwork goes well beyond that.)

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3018

10 months later
#4777 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

That ain't parker, look at the eyes, 2d-profile style faces. Parker's art was miles better.

I agree on the faces, BUT, here's a link to a Keeney game from the same era that I believe IS a Parker glass. So...maybe. Perhaps Roy was having an off day when he did Hi Straight. Or maybe the Birdland artist was having a great day.
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=birdland&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

2 months later
#4982 7 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

This GTB Flying Carpet seems to come with a motor vehicle warranty!!
ebay.com link » Other Makes Flying Carpet Pinball Machine

At least the title is clear.

1 year later
#5544 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's been a while since I said wish I was closer, but damn! Perhaps the first machine with mechanical backbox animation.
ebay.com link » Yanks 1949 Williams

1937 CC Mars has backbox animation. I believe there are other games earlier than this, but this is the earliest I have seen. Neat game.

#5545 6 years ago

Looks like there are at least 11 games with backbox animation before Mars, with the earliest being All-American Football in 1935.

http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?ft=back+box+animation&sortby=name&searchtype=advanced

10 months later
#5784 5 years ago
Quoted from pintoys:

Sadly Ebay has instituted a new irritant in the way it does business. Lately when one clicks on an auction that is completed,the window opens to another similar item that ebay feels that you should look at. You can no longer view the completed item page...The 1500 BIN is for a Bow and Arrow the Golden Arrow is noted to be no longer available in the upper left hand corner verbiage.. Nice
Alex

"The listing you are looking at is no longer available" If you click on the word LISTING, it will take you to the completed item. It's hard to see because the word is blue on a blue background. Thanks to Jay Stafford for figuring this one out. It was driving me crazy! (Not a very long drive according to my wife.)

#5786 5 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Correct. But that "original" listing is/was for a $2000 Golden Arrow. The $300 one with no bids seems to still be available. Seems like a steal unless it has termites or the PF is worn to the wood.

I just bid on the $300.00 one. The playfield looks good from the photos.

#5788 5 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Good for you Dennis, I posted the Golden Arrow hoping one of us EM guys would jump on it.if you win the auction let us know how it looks up close .
DQ74

I've been outbid. 17 minutes to go. Up to $630.00.

#5789 5 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I've been outbid. 17 minutes to go. Up to $630.00.

Done. $630.00.

3 years later
#6416 2 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Want a rare EM? This 1939 pin has 0 ratings on file at IMDB and is not in the Pinside database.
ebay.com link: Project 1950 s SNOOKS Beach Pinup Girls pinball machine

https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2227

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dennisdodel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay?tu=dennisdodel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.