(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjmiller.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1620 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That's a cool game, but has to have the worst plastic lightshields ever!

That's the greatest thing about the machine. Anyone could have made plastics with dinosaurs or palm trees, or whatever, but it took real balls for them to say "Screw it, let's make them look like Pier One placemats."

2 months later
#2128 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I know it's not an EM but this 1979 Genie playfield is PRIMO! Why oh why did they part this machine out?
ebay.com link » 1979 Gottlieb Genie Pinball Wide Body Playfield Nice Condition

I'm wondering the same thing about this playfield out of a 1964 Bally Hayride:

ebay.com link: Bally Hay Ride Pinball Machine 1964 Playfield Look Beautiful

2 weeks later
#2177 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Just about to end. I can't believe this one is still there with no bids. This is a very desireable woodrail.
ebay.com link » 1954 Gottlieb Lady Luck Pinball Machine Wood Rail Rare

Listed here on Pinside for less, so there's not much incentive for anyone here to bid. It is a nice machine though.

#2183 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

How can you see the ad? I can't find it when I do a market search. It takes me to eBay ads, not Pinside ads.

Odd, it's gone now. It was the same machine because he linked to that auction, and it was $1600 here vs. $1800 on ebay.

I'm surprised no one has jumped on the Southern Bell for $900 here on Pinside.

3 weeks later
#2321 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

It has the funky double flipper sets like "Show Boat" had later on. Not a great player though with the eight trap holes. It's a very good looker though.

I have one, and it's a beautiful game to look at. The four flippers take some getting used to, especially they way they're wired so the left button operates the left pair of flippers and the right button operates the right pair. That said, mine gets played quite a bit, and I think it's one of the best of the trap hole games, because there's more to do than just the trap holes--the red and blue 1,2,3,4's both lite specials. If I have a complaint, it's that the artwork on the playfield is fantastic, but the game is so under illuminated, especially after you hit the dead bumpers and turn them off, that you can't really appreciate the artwork while you're playing it.

3 weeks later
#2420 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I bought my World Series from that gentleman many years ago. Which of these is the "best" for somebody with no woodrails? Lightning Ball looks fun.

All three are good machines. If you're going to get just one, then Lightning Ball would be my pick. The gobble holes are ruthless, but the blue, green, yellow bank shots to advance Lightning Ball are a lot of fun.

3 months later
#2995 9 years ago

I would think Grand Slam deserves to be on any top 10 woodrail list.

Minstrel Man has interesting (although certainly not politically correct) artwork, but is it anywhere near a top 10 machine for playability?

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

In my opinion, the top 10 woodrails are as follows:
I'm only listing Gottlieb woodrails for this particular discussion.
1. "Mermaid"
2. "Daisy May"
3. "Dragonette"
4. "Lady Luck"
5. "Knock-Out"
6. "Queen of Hearts"
7. "Hawaiian Beauty"
8. "Marble Queen"
9. "Niagara"
10."Minstrel Man"
This is pretty much off the top of my head based on the buzz I hear and have been hearing the last few years. I guess I'm basing my list on several factors, including scarcity and value.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider cjmiller.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay?tu=cjmiller and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.