(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,639 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 12 hours ago by Scottopus
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
wcaso (resized).png
AC (resized).jpg
IMG_7148 (resized).JPG
IMG_6907 (resized).JPG
Plated pieces (resized).jpg
IMG_6783 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2708 9 years ago

Here's a bargain Bowling Queen if it's local to you.

ebay.com link: itm

1 week later
#2756 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It will probably look just as nice sitting next to Flipper and Slick Chick.

Careful, wedgeheads can be habit forming.

Congrats on the new game.

1 month later
#2938 9 years ago
Quoted from Aurich:

That one has been on CL for a while now.

If it is anywhere near as nice as the Central Park I played at TPF this year, and it was local, I'd be all over it. I played the one at TPF a bunch and really enjoyed it.

#2948 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Another good deal.
$300.00 start bid with no reserve.
ebay.com link » Gottlieb 4 Square Pinball Machine So Calif
Ken

I saw that game when it first showed up.
Looking closer at the pictures I would stay away from this one.

#2962 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is tempting, if I could get it for $150. New glass and plastics are available...
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Royal Flush Pinball Machine

Good luck in your bidding.

4 weeks later
#3058 9 years ago

That is a nice ED. Put a new backglass in it and a thorough shop job and you're back in 1975.

#3066 9 years ago

"Shill" bid.

#3088 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

This is an example of what you can expect from many sellers of EMs in Australia-check the bg, pf & cab for starting price $1300!!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pinball-Machine-Gottieb-Card-Trix-/181590660874?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item2a47a5970a

Not relevant to the price but why does this Card Trix cabinet have Drop A Card/Pop A Card art in different colors?

#3095 9 years ago

O-Din,

Where do you come up with these pictures?

1 week later
#3125 9 years ago

If I didn't already own a Majorettes I'd be looking hard at this one.

#3190 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

If I didn't already own a Majorettes I'd be looking hard at this one.
ebay.com link

The seller did well on this. Had it originally listed with a $1K buy it now and ended up over $1600.

#3192 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

There was a Majorettes on Mr. Pinball Classifieds recently too.......

Yeah, that's Clay's game. A different one and priced fairly.

#3235 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But no more 70s drop target games for me.

That means more for the rest of us.

1 month later
#3365 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I am glad I have my machine in Ken's restore que.

Yes, Ken's cabinet repaint will stand well above this one.

1 week later
#3455 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

are we gonna resurrect the chip discussion? mmmm... potato chips... mmmm...

sadly, the best i can remember no longer exists either... granite state potato chips... i can remember getting them when they were still hot, and man were they good..

I usually don't get involved in the food discussions here but can't help myself.

My favorite chips used to be Mike-Sell's reduced fat original style when they cooked them in peanut oil. You can still get them but they are cooked in vegetable oil or something like that and are not as good as they used to be.

My current favorite chip is Lays Reduced Fat Ruffles. They are thicker than regular ruffles and have a better taste being that there is less of whatever they are cooked in.

frito-lays-ruffles-original-reduced-fat-potato-chips.jpgfrito-lays-ruffles-original-reduced-fat-potato-chips.jpg

2 months later
#3770 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Guess I have to make another exception for Slick Chick, which I do like. It's been awhile since I played one though, and I did not remember that feature. The gobble hole location must not have seemed so objectionable, or else I considered it a reasonable obstacle you needed to avoid.

The gobble hole on Slick Chick is pretty balanced. You can avoid it most of the time. When you do hit it you are rewarded with an advance of the 1-2-3-4. Depending on how many Slick-Chicks you have earned along the way you are rewarded with higher values and/or more replay credits.

#3778 8 years ago

It's amazing how much of a game can survive in difficult conditions. If you can come up with a new cabinet and backglass you could probably make this a nice game.

ebay.com link: VINTAGE 1963 GIGI marilyn monroe GOTTLIEB CO PINBALL MACHINE TO RESTORE

#3784 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

This is starting priced reasonably. Wonder what it will end at.
ebay.com link » Very Rare Only 229 Made Vintage 1978 Gottlieb Blue Note Pinball Machine

How does a game like this end up at an antique store in Canada?

2 weeks later
#3874 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Fix what? That playfield is gorgeous.

I think he's talking about the planking it does have.

Still, not the end of the world. Does the planking affect the value - most definitely. By a large amount - depends on how prevalent it is. Still, I agree with Dirt - not enough to make an issue with it.

2 weeks later
#3930 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Even not near you it is still a steal at 289+400ish shipping.

Except I already have a Jungle Princess and a Jungle Queen.

2 weeks later
#4021 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Probably different colors due to it being a sample game (serial number is 01055 S).

A friend has a sample Slick Chick with the same colors.

2 weeks later
#4074 8 years ago

Too bad this is not in my back yard. I would have already bought it.

Run to this one.

#4079 8 years ago

Sorry guys. I was daydreaming in a meeting and only did a quick glance. That is rough for that price.

1 week later
#4100 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I actually have an extra El Dorado I picked up a few months back wayner..........

Me too......if they are going for those prices.

2 months later
#4413 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

You could always contact Steve at PBR and tell him what machines you have and he will know the exact leg length they should be as there is much confusion with 60's Williams legs.
Just my 2 cents.
Ken

I would just compare the game height at the lock bar of Paul Bunyan with 31" legs and measure what the leg length would need to be to have the lockbar of Palooka at the same height. My guess is Palooka should have 28-1/2" legs and it currently has 31" legs.

I wondered where the 31" legs for the Magnotron I bought the other day went to as it had 28-1/2" legs.

1 month later
#4473 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

For 8K, you would think they could get the cabinet webbing right.

It looks to me that they did get the webbing right. Am I missing something here?

#4476 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I guess its all subjective. I don't know a single Gottlieb game that ever had that heavy a "splash" of webbing. It was typically much lighter and better distributed.

Looks just like the webbing on my original ACD.

image.jpgimage.jpg

2 months later
#4565 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

It will be interesting to see what this gets bid up to and if it gets pulled or not. I've never had this game but it seems to get pretty good feedback. There's one in Colorado for sale too on the Market.

It's a nicely balanced game with specific shots to make both from the skill shot and flipper points of view. An achievable challenge. And you get backbox light animation in the skating pairs when you excel in the game.

1 month later
#4686 8 years ago

Lots of good parts on that North Star.

#4693 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yes. That's what it was. Not me, but I know who got it (not a Pinsider). Strangely, the head and the body are the same game that got separated years ago. They'll be one game again as it should be, so it's a happy ending.

So is there a back story to how the head came into this person's hands.

I'd like Marcus to get a better playfield for his NS as much as the next guy but seems better that a complete game is put back together than improving one and parting the rest.

Small world.

#4701 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

If anyone needs a nice replacement playfield for a "Central Park", here ya' go!
ebay.com link » 1966 Gottlieb Central Park

If it was close enough I'd be all over it. This is the only game on my wish list other than a better Outer Space.

#4704 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

Damn! and thats on my route from Texas to Allentown, may just have to pull the trigger.

Keep me in mind if you do get it.

1 month later
#4850 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Ew... not sure about that layout. Looks like it requires epic nudging skills to save the ball to make shots at nothing.

Epic nudging skills is a fair assessment. My hands got sore quickly playing the one I had a decade ago. Was an exceptional example but only lasted a week.

1 week later
3 months later
#5049 7 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

Are there plugs? LOL Sorry I haven't looked at my project EMs close enough to know there are plugs. I guess they're in the bottom cabinet right?

Who gave this guy his EM card?

1 month later
#5202 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

That's mine Mike

Nice work, Dave.

4 months later
#5307 7 years ago

Tiger went for $350. Did it go to anyone here?

Playfield layout is the same as Orbit/Outer Space. Don't know about the rule set though.

#5312 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Mine arrives on Friday.

Your what arrives on Friday?

4 months later
#5529 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Gottlieb 1956 Classy Bowler:
This one is just too much.....in a couple different ways, price and logic.
This is a first for me anyways;"A child could fix this up in working condition". Whose child? What child can fix the mechanics and the playfield on your machine? Fine, get your child to fix it then! What makes people say crap like this? Unbelievable.
ebay.com link » 1956 Gottlieb Classy Bowler Mid Restoration Pinball Machine

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

4 pins, only $25,000.00. Once again, Unbelievable. What, not even a discount for a bulk buy?
ebay.com link » Gottliebs Pinball Machines El Dorado Square Head Quick Draw Big Brave

This just shows they really still want to own these games.

2 weeks later
2 months later
#5590 6 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

Atlantis in Minneapolis.
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Atlantis Pinball Machine Lights Up And Works As Expected

Other than two mini posts on the playfield that don't belong there and a bent leg that looks to be a decent original example.

2 months later
#5638 6 years ago

I'd be looking at this if it was local. Dimension

ebay.com link: sch

4 weeks later
#5662 6 years ago

Looks like a very nice example Volley. The fact that it includes a handmade wood lockdown bar instead of the original makes me wonder what other questionable items were acceptable in their shop out.

ebay.com link: 1976 Volley Pinball Machine 100 restored cleanest wedgehead gottlieb out there

7 months later
11 months later
#5903 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Why 2 "Total Play" meters?

Probably to tally free games won. Instead of having to do the math between the coin box and the play meter.

1 week later
#5931 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Holy bat chunks Batman!! Look at the price of this one!! Insane!!
ebay.com link » Bally 1977 Mata Hari Em Pinball Machine

I wrote him asking "Seriously, $29K?" Thinking he may have fat fingered an extra 0.

He responded "Yep, just listed"

#5933 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

The guy must be insane Mike.

If we weren't sure before he has removed all doubt, Ken.

2 months later
#6010 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I asked him sarcastically (sort of) if he meant to put the starting price at $55.00 instead of $5500 and he emphatically said $5500.
I said Good Lord.

He will find he wants to own it more than anyone else.

1 month later
#6093 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

If I remember right from my Williams Darts, it was just a piece of extruded aluminum over a hunk of wood with carriage bolts.

It was. A friend with a body shop ended up with a Darts last year where the wood backing was there but the aluminum extrusion was missing. He formed a piece of 16 gauge or thinner aluminum easily to remake it. Then the original showed up from the guy he got the game from.

A missing lock bar here is much much easier to replace with some simple woodworking skills than the $$$ it takes to come up with a 1973 to 1976 Gottlieb lock bar these days.

1 year later
#6333 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

After giving it some time and raising the thresholds a bit I'm finding it to be a lot of fun.

This solution can be applied to most any game. The set up needs to be balanced.

#6337 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Surprised the seller didn’t get the title right.

I smell scam.

#6339 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

I think the first picture is of the other machine referenced in the description. Hopefully just an honest mistake.
Is it truly as good as a player as reported?

They are both excellent players. I'd give the edge to Lucky Hand.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Hardware
86Pixels
Hardware
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider MikeO.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay?tu=MikeO and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.