(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_in_NC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

1 month later
#383 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Team One- Not too common soccer themed wedgehead.
Ebay link

Very clean machine. needs "sling" plastics though.

#415 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

OK guys. I feel like I've been holding out on you. The first game with a spinner (that I know of). Three of them. I really am enthused.
Ebay link

I have one I am selling $300 cheaper. Near perfect cosmetics on PF and BG.liteshopping.jpgliteshopping.jpg

2 weeks later
#474 10 years ago

My favorite deals are for dead EMs. I paid $125 for this World Fair that had been dead for 25 years, It came with about $100 in new coils (none needed to repair it). Finest example you'll ever see. PF near perfect, cab redone correctly and complete restore done by yours truly. It's a keeper. Finalpics 008sm.JPGFinalpics 008sm.JPGpf-before-after-sm.JPGpf-before-after-sm.JPG

#498 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

A nice Gottlieb World Fair.
Ebay link

Nice shape. These playfields seem to hold up well on these WF. I originally guessed it's value at 800, that's a bit generous on closer inspection. BG paint is delaminating a bit where the tape was, the apron art is wiped out and the body was 1/2 repainted similar to original, PF is decent, a bit of touch up at the flippers where it rubbed. yellowed plastics but really nice pf otherwise.

#509 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Here you go> Ebay link

For 2.8K you'd think he'd wipe off his camera lens.

1 week later
#614 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Perfect restoration candidate.

24 watchers already. How cool would that be to grab at the opening bid but it'll never happen. the BIN of $750 is a steal on a Square Head in that shape.

#619 10 years ago

ebay.com link: Square Head pinball machine Gottlieb RARE TITLE Wedgehead
Shh don't tell the other 24 watchers he changed the format to $99 starting bid no reserve. This baby is selling. I'll bite, that's me from $99 to $250.

#621 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Good luck John. I'm out of this horse race.
Ken

I'm guessing it goes over his original BIN price of $745

1 week later
#758 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

ebay.com link: Square Head pinball machine Gottlieb RARE TITLE Wedgehead
Shh don't tell the other 24 watchers he changed the format to $99 starting bid no reserve. This baby is selling. I'll bite, that's me from $99 to $250.

Holy Crap! Sold for $357? Someone got a sweet deal.

#761 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

wow... you got another project on the way?

No, Not me.

#877 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Gottlieb 'Swing Along' 2 player...
Ebay link

I have one in better shape I would let go for less than the this one's starting bid here in Chapel Hill if anyone would be interested. Mylar day 1 around pops, shooting lane and arch.

2 months later
#1554 10 years ago

I used one of his el dorado pf in a restore. Great work. Better than the CPR mata Hari I recently did.

#1555 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Here is a beautiful Wade Krauss repro playfield of Quick Draw / Fast Draw. The starting bid is 500 dollars. It makes you wanna buy a machine to drop this in.
ebay.com link » New Repro Gottlieb Gtb Quick Draw Fast Draw Pinball Playfield

That's wade himself listing it. I would contact him directly if you want one of his playfields. F greedbay

2 weeks later
#1648 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Here ya go SweetHeart lovers!
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Sweet Hearts Pinball

Sweet Sweetheart. I bumped it up a bit I must admit even though it's in Oregon, a far off land from there parts...

#1656 10 years ago

It's a "Basher" I got two $50 projects as well from the same seller. A Gottlieb "mini pool" (sweet) and a bally's "Surfers" with zipper flippers.

1 month later
#2024 9 years ago

Did anyone post this? This guy looks like he does a nice job. Cab looks repainted (correct) with a nicely shopped playfield. Seems he's giving it away at his asking price to me.
ebay.com link: Restored Gottlieb Top Score 2 Player Pinball Machine Inc 6 Month Warranty

#2027 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Hard to tell from those pictures, but that looks like original cab paint to me, with some touchups.
The last picture that shows dirt and loose star washers in the cab is a bit disappointing to see, for the asking price.

I noticed that too, a mark against what looked like a thorough job.

#2033 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

How many minor issues can you find on this game for a supposed 300 hour restoration?
ebay.com link » 1975 D Gottlieb Quick Draw Pinball Machine Restored Wow
I realize it's in California, but really?! At this price, it should at least have Wade's field in it!!

OMG, was this supposed to help??

OMG-Bag-it!.JPGOMG-Bag-it!.JPG
#2040 9 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

The purple cowboy in the bottom right of the art glass doesn't seem to mind....

LOL! good catch.

Bagged.jpgBagged.jpg
#2110 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

yup... remotes were ultrasonic until the 80's, when they all went to the IR solution...

They were called clickers because they make a click noise. They were tuning fork like devices making different frequency sounds for different buttons.

2 weeks later
#2171 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Williams Touchdown $245 Buy it now in NJ.
ebay.com link » 1967 Williams Touchdown Pinball Machine

Sweet deal, looks like an easy fix and in nice shape though it looks like a cab repaint would be needed. It's actually in Haverhill Massachusetts though.

#2180 9 years ago

FUN Aka Steve Nordseth has been around for many years selling on ebay. Deal with him at arm's length. He will hide/omit issues when selling. Not a straight shooter. I speak from personal experience.

#2200 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Looks like a pretty good deal on this one. Good looker if nothing else.
ebay.com link » Antique Pinball Machine 1940s

Except all pics came from IPDB, looking like a scam or bait and switch.

#2203 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Unless of course his grandfather posted the pix on IPDB years ago (not likely, though).

Seller confirmed that's not his "Mexico" pictured.

#2207 9 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Yep - flipper sold!
Wish people would use NOS correctly - it's a repro glass on the flipper clown, not new old stock!

Nice price on the Flipper Clown, saw what looked like dark coloratioin in the wood around the pops like it was water damaged but not bad at all.

#2249 9 years ago

My guess it never hits reserve. No one buyer is likely looking for 4 holy grails.

1 month later
#2476 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Looks like a pretty good deal on this one. Good looker if nothing else.
ebay.com link » Antique Pinball Machine 1940s

1947 Mexico I thought was fishy due to IPDB pics used turned out to be NICER than the borrowed pics after striking up a conversation with the seller. Ended up grabbing it. I'll post pics later. My first flipperless pin.

1 week later
#2531 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

4 pins for the price of 1
I think it's a great deal at the start bid if you were local and could pick them up yourself. 2 real good ones included: Aztec and Big Indian.
ebay.com link » Lot Of 4 Electro Mechanical Pinball Machines Project Williams Gottlieb Wedgehead
Ken

You are more generous than I am, I put a $200 value on non-headliner pins that need shopping as these all appear to need. Good deal at $800 no more.

#2533 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

What can I say except that EM's are a not a common bird in Idaho especially 4 from the same owner (has not happened here in over 2 years that I have been collecting), so that's why the extra value.
Ken

Supply and demand, I understand.

#2579 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

True ^^as long as its the same paint color and scheme,and not butchered with woodgrain finish.

It was certainly a repaint and the correct theme was used but poorly prepped and executed IMO. Definately worth $300 but it'll fetch more.

#2597 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Guesses as to what it will go for?
I'm in for $875

Near Chicago, there are lots of pins there, Guessing $575-600

#2607 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

1947 Mexico I thought was fishy due to IPDB pics used turned out to be NICER than the borrowed pics after striking up a conversation with the seller. Ended up grabbing it. I'll post pics later. My first flipperless pin.

It was DOA, turned out to be a dirty 30A solenoid power fuse holder preventing the hold relay from engaging. Unbelievable shape with zero ball swirl, solid playfield and cabinet, even the pop caps are nice. A bit of paint crazing on the dancing girls legs and dress. Ended up getting it off greedbay. Needs a couple bugs worked out but it's playable.

IMG_3944.JPGIMG_3944.JPG
2 weeks later
#2644 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Sold! Winning bid:US $236.50
[ 5 bids ]

WOW, someone got a great deal on a desirable wedgehead. Hope it was one of you guys.

#2668 9 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Dancing Lady Pinball Machine 1966 4 Player W Backglass Animation
Dancing Lady, 1966 Gottlieb 4 Player, .... Cabinet is repainted to the original design.
dancinglady.JPG 52 KB

FAIL!

#2670 9 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

And looks to be a wedgehead ? Wow, I wasn't even aware that Gottlieb was making 4-player games that far back ! Even a couple 2-player titles of theirs of that vintage that have turned up here surprised me. The most well-known wedgeheads -- such as Abra Ca Dabra, King of Diamonds, Centigrade 37 -- were single player.
Also seems like Gottlieb may have been in the forefront of mechanical backglass animations . . . so to speak.

Not a Wedgehead but I can see how you might think so from the angle. Gottlieb didn't make any multi player wedgies though I think CC or United or somebody did.

#2674 9 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

... These four player Gottlieb heads are boogers to lift. Wide, bulky and heavy.
Post edited by PMcGee: more info.

You got that right, pound for pound, the best pin deals to be had IMO

#2678 9 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Wow nice example. Always loved the art package on this one.

It looks like he did a decent job on the restore. Couple nits, he dimpled the siderails around the nails removing them, shooter rod is crooked and the playfield could have been detailed better but nothing that could not be fixed and very presentable as is.

1 week later
#2728 9 years ago
Quoted from bigdaddy1:

Hi all!
I'm the owner of this nice K&Q. I don't have problems to ship it overseas (Europe, Oceania or South America). Of course, it can also be shipped to any of the 48 contiguous states.
Price will be lowered for a deal out of Ebay
Robert Urbanowicz

Sweet machine GLWTS

1 week later
#2800 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Here's something you don't see everyday.
$250.00 start bid with no reserve. Only $250.00 shipping.
ebay.com link » Midway Target Gallery
Ken

I saw this on an American Pickers episode I think. No joke.

#2842 9 years ago

Anyone see this?
ebay.com link: 1979 Gottlieb Sinbad Pinball machine project
$300 BIN with OBO option. Sure it's not strictly EM but not far from it.

#2877 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Now back to our regular scheduled program.......................
Wednesday Deals of the Day:
Gottlieb Mayfair which looks pretty good all around. $200.00 start bid with no reserve
ebay.com link » Arcade Pinball Machine Gottlieb D Co

Ken

Surprised the Mayfair is back. It sold for $200 last week. PF looks great. I have one like it with a worse cabinet. Looking forward to restoring it. Must have been canceled incorrectly by owner before.

1 week later
#2893 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

ebay.com link » 1947 United Mexico Pinball Machine Shopped And Working
Old School, Mine FS, make an offer!

Price drop! Make an offer off ebay, I just might!

#2895 9 years ago

Final drop in listing price - 47 United "Mexico"

ebay.com link: itm

OBO - You'll get a better deal if you go direct

IMG_3944.JPGIMG_3944.JPG

#2912 9 years ago

Final final price drop $499, OBO 1947 United Mexico
ebay.com link: 1947 United Mexico pinball machine Shopped and working

IMG_3943.JPGIMG_3943.JPG

#2949 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Final final price drop $499, OBO 1947 United Mexico
ebay.com link » 1947 United Mexico Pinball Machine Shopped And Working

IMG_3943.JPG 212 KB

Bump, ready to deal!

1 week later
#2981 9 years ago

I know I said the last price reduction was the last but I purchased a Jukebox (a sweet jukebox) so I need the space. United "Mexico" Flipperless woodrail Gorgeous, only $399 (OBO)
ebay.com link: itm
Make an offer. It really is surprisingly a lot of fun.

IMG_3944.JPGIMG_3944.JPG
#2983 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Do you deliver? GLWS

Within 60 miles, sure. 50 cents a mile

3 months later
#3513 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Very nice!
ebay.com link » Hurdy Gurdy Pinball Machine Geat Art Great Sound Great Play Great Fun

If it was just $500 cheaper and 500 miles closer.... Nice machine though.

#3518 9 years ago
Quoted from PhilC:

Is that really that far off on price for that game in that condition? Shipping would be a deal killer, but for a local buy I think that game looks pretty sweet.

No the price is not outrageous in the slightest, actually about right for what it looks like if it does not need any work but I prefer to get them a bit more farm fresh and restore them myself. Used to be I had a $200 rule on EMs but have softened up on that lately. I'll go as high as $600 for a project if it's the right title. Perhaps more than that for the heavy hitters.

#3536 9 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I bet this Flipper Fair goes quickly, even non-working at $600. ebay.com link » 1965 Gottlieb Flipper Fair Pinball Machine With Backglass Annimation

I would be tempted to get this one for a complete restore but the repop backglass is made by Shay. I was not impressed with the Shay BG I bought for El Dorado, the opaque areas let through lots of light. I can spot a Shay a mile away and won't repeat that mistake again.

bglightbleed.jpgbglightbleed.jpg
#3540 9 years ago

I enjoy playing mine in the dark. Have seen other El Dorados with the same halo effect. Hopefully it's just the bright color and limited to this title. I also have a Webb, very happy with it. Could be it was just a bad batch. It bothered me enough that I sold the game. Yeah I'm a picky bastard.

#3542 9 years ago

It must be the bright yellow opaque area because even the bgresto lets some light through. Yes the shay was much better than the flaking original. I guess you can't judge a body of work from a single example. Anyone have a shay picture lit up with dark ambient lighting other than el dorado they can share? I may have been hasty to dismiss all shay glass based on my limited experience.

#3547 9 years ago

The art and colors were spot on no complaints at all about that. The glass was thicker than the original and a tad wider too. So much so I had to slightly modify the blocking that centers it in the head to make it fit. Again no complaints there the only problem I had was the silver backing on the opaque areas didn't do its job adequately. Especially in a dark room. The glow around the translucent areas was horrible. Look at the cowboy and the score window on my pic. You can make out where the individual blubs are and where the lightbox recesses end. Can anyone confirm this is limited to just el dorado? Shay makes a lot of great titles I would like to restore some day but it was like putting butter cream frosting on a wedding cake with this restore.

#3554 9 years ago

Ok, last OT, the rest of the machine I restored, New Wade Kraus PF, new coin door nad bezel, new posts, new plastics, new drop targets, new target faces, cabinet restored to original by yours truly, new legs and levelers, new pf glass and backglass, (of course). Complete shop out with new rubber, coil sleeves, main board off detailing. Essentially a new machine. Lots of love in it, that's why I was so nit-picky on the glass. The one telltale sign it was not original out of box, that and the brown on the cab might be a tad too dark. Also the new owner pointed out the coin door strike plate was not supposed to be painted, I provided a new replacement with it. It now resides in Australia. The World Fair went to England and I just finished restoring BAB and loaded it up to go to Florida last night.

newhome.jpgnewhome.jpg

3 weeks later
#3682 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Guys,
I got the Bank a Ball on CL (on ebay too). Going to someone I know who wants one real bad.
Contractor/electrician doing work for a lady and she said "get the game out of the basement" please. So, sellers, they're not. Movers, they were, and she is happy it's gone.
Playfield glass needs replaced. Knobs missing on lockbar. No. 2 plastic animation pool ball has detached from metal arm and fell (see pic on ebay) - all other pool balls are fine. Nice cabinet (I've never seen anyone go this crazy with an ink pen before though), nice playfield (dirty with a little left flipper drag), and super nice original backglass.
Edit: And, oh, the legs were painted with that medium puky green (think small Testors bottles) we painted our model cars with back in the 60's - 70's.

nice grab! Just sold mine and miss it.

1 month later
#3827 9 years ago

I

Quoted from dtown:ebay.com link » Gottlieb Sunshine Woodrail Pinball Machine
Looks like it didn't sell. But, only $151.00 top bid? Is the market for such woodrails shrinking so much?
My father's been dealing with old toys for decades. He's told me that, as the people who had them as children die off, so does the demand. True for pinball as well?

Just a bad auction, that title and example is easily worth $400 plus.

#3842 9 years ago

Rat, I see you have a ship-mates. I'm mid restore on mine. Have yet to play a game on it. BGresto has the art now! had my bg reproduced. Looks like a keeper. the old glass was not that bad but wanted it perfect. Rechromed lockdown end caps, should be pretty nice once done.

IMG_4910.JPGIMG_4910.JPG
IMG_4105.JPGIMG_4105.JPG
repopped pf.jpgrepopped pf.jpg

IMG_4493.JPGIMG_4493.JPG IMG_4913.JPGIMG_4913.JPG
2 weeks later
#3900 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Just wondering:
Do any great "barn finds" like this still occur in the world of pinball
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/texas-time-capsule-five-pre-war-classics-found-in-118285976497.html
or are those days pretty much gone ?

Sure, we hoard everything. New stashes are created as fast as old ones are "discovered" Lots of old farts like us are collecting these stray machines that will likely end up in storage after we pass on and they will one day be rediscovered. Operator hoards are dwindling but collector hoards are growing no doubt.

1 week later
#3926 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

150 dollars!! Not bad for a project with a nice playfield and great backglass. (so tempting)
ebay.com link » 1964 Gottlieb Happy Clown Vintage Pinball Machine

Woops! Striking distance, 4 player 60s Gott, that has my name written all over it! Offer submitted! This will be a full restore if I get it.

1 week later
#3948 8 years ago

I want a flip a card as well, one of my favs from my youth. Had one but it was too much a project to get perfect. LMK if you have one with good potential, maybe we can work something out.

3 weeks later
#4077 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Way to beat for even that price.

Agreed, BG roached, Plastics, roached, playfield, roached (literally lol)

roached.JPGroached.JPG
1 week later
#4093 8 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Gottlieb El Dorado in Australia going for incredible auction price irrespective of condition which includes post between flippers. Hoov can you send a couple more down here?
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/181782680506?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

I sent my restored El Dorado to Australia for $3750, Waaaay too cheap I'm guessing now. New PF, plastics, posts, coin door, BG, targets, flippers, and whole a lot of labor.

restoredandlit.jpgrestoredandlit.jpg

3 weeks later
#4123 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

1st.: 90% f/b rating. (That's borderline, to me . . . . )
2nd.: “Used, not tested." Reminds me of a regular seller of pin circuit boards (hint: in New Jersey), where the boards are frequently in the $100. to $250. range, or even higher, and are usually listed as 'untested.' WHY would you ever roll the dice on something like that ?! (Unless it was a rare item, and you just happened to be highly skilled at board repair yourself ?) No thanks ! I know of a couple vendors who sell these Tested and guaranteed.

Well they are chime units. so testing isn't really needed as long as they are complete and undamaged. The price? meh, about what they go for but can be found cheaper. Can be hard to find. I sold a spare I had for 1/2 that. (sorry none now)

#4144 8 years ago

What an incestuous little click we are. Glad it's in the "family"

4 weeks later
#4258 8 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Sky Jump buy-it-now is $9,300. Yikes!
ebay.com link » Sky Jump 1974 Gottlieb Wedge Head Em Pinball Machine High End Restoration

I would love to see the market support high end restorations on these old EMs but this is a bit over the top price wise. I can see 1/2 the asking price happening to the right buyer.

#4268 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I have been on the losing end of pinball sales many times, believe me. My point is that it is easier to judge in advance what the sale of a restored high-demand DMD pin might fetch than a restored EM.

One of the very rare occasions I actually lost money selling a pin was ironically to you. If you bide your time and buy right, invest a little sweat equity, it's hard to lose money in this hobby. Prices seem to have been on a steady rise ever since I started collecting some 13 or 14 years ago.

#4274 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ay, caramba!
ebay.com link » 1969 Gottlieb Hearts And Spades Pinball Machine

GLWTS! he'll need it. I see about $200 in that machine. PF does look nice though. All it needs is a cabinet repaint ($500), new backglass ($300) coin door ($100) and about 60 hours labor at about $40/hr if you can find someone to do it for you. Add the BIN price to the shipping and you have a really nice machine there for a hair under 5k. Kind of liking my Spin A card for $300. Shopped it without having to buy any parts. I had a new PF glass, rubbers and a decent set of posts on hand. Thinking the 1000 mile drive each way with a mini vacation tacked on is looking pretty cheap about now.

#4279 8 years ago

Sorry, wrong thread... disregard

#4284 8 years ago

I'd put it at $400

#4287 8 years ago

I'll pay $400 for an "A" title EM as long as it's complete and the PF, plastics and cabinet are salvageable (provided I'm looking for a project). Backglass can be replaced.

3 months later
1 month later
#4627 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Score! Good deal at $619
ebay.com link » Original Central Park Pinball Machine Nice

I took a gamble on this thinking $600 is good for even a fair Central Park. Backglass, cabinet and pf all amazing shape, super clean, even the wire bundles look new. This thing is cherry. Here's the cleaned playfield with no touch-ups.

IMG_6409_(resized).JPGIMG_6409_(resized).JPG

#4633 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

John, you will love this game. Your playfield looks 100% the same as mine did when I had mine restored.

They must have had the playfield process dialed in on this title. I am seeing a lot of really nice examples on the web. This pf is one of the nicest originals I have ever seen and I have seen a lot of them. I'm excited to get this back together, My tumbler is doing it's thing as I type and my PBR order is being processed.

3 weeks later
#4685 8 years ago

For the right buyer, $660 isn't bad if they need some of those game specific parts and can sell the rest. They may end up with their parts for free once redundant parts are sold off.

#4700 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

If anyone needs a nice replacement playfield for a "Central Park", here ya' go!
ebay.com link » 1966 Gottlieb Central Park

If I didn't just get a really nice one in January, I'd be all over that.

IMG_6566_(resized).JPGIMG_6566_(resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#4776 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Oh, gosh. Undubittably Parker!!!
Didn't know this was your game, hoov. Are you going to Allentown? If so, don't bring it. I don't need the temptation!

That ain't parker, look at the eyes, 2d-profile style faces. Parker's art was miles better.

#4780 8 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

I agree on the faces, BUT, here's a link to a Keeney game from the same era that I believe IS a Parker glass. So...maybe. Perhaps Roy was having an off day when he did Hi Straight. Or maybe the Birdland artist was having a great day.
http://www.ipdb.org/search.pl?any=birdland&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

Not so sure that (Birdland) is a Parker work.

#4786 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

The left side of that head is pretty bad;
was that an attempt at splatter or webbing or vandalism?

That is the best they could do with the medium tip sharpie they had..

#4798 8 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

ebay.com link » 1965 Buckaroo Pinball Machine By Gottlieb Co Excellent Museum Piece Works Great
Yuck. Nobody knows how to do webbing.

My webbing. Montana Web effect paint.

IMG_6622_(resized).JPGIMG_6622_(resized).JPG

cabrt_(resized).JPGcabrt_(resized).JPG

IMG_6638_(resized).JPGIMG_6638_(resized).JPG

#4803 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

This makes me wonder if I could do my Bank-A-Ball myself since I don't have a compressor or spray gun....hmmmm.....

I did a BAB, Sadly this spray only comes in black and silver, not blue. I tried the paint gun method. decent but not right. Came out too thin.

IMG_4285_(resized).JPGIMG_4285_(resized).JPG

1 year later
#5440 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Team One in Bethesda, MD on ebay
Starting bid $199
Auction ends tomorrow
ebay.com link » Gottlieb 1977 Team One Rare Add A Ball Of Abra Ca Dabra

for 2 bills... I'm in

#5450 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Good on you, wish I hadn't had missed it but it's fine. There are deals for everybody out there.

I started off the bidding and was kind of glad when I got outbid. On one hand, a $200 wedge head is a super deal, on the other hand it was 4 hours away and I'm not in restoration mode just now. I have 3 waiting. Actually thinking of selling my Merry Go Round if anyone is interested. Have $450 in it (and 2000 miles RT to get it) Super backglass and playfield, cab needs paint.

#5458 7 years ago

Hell, I got $650 for my Vulcan (with new plastics), really nice 4P version. Pin People sure like chicks huh?

CAB rt (resized).jpgCAB rt (resized).jpg

2 years later
#6177 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

3 more nice titles sold.
ebay.com link
ebay.com link
ebay.com link

Those restored machines were a bargain.

1 month later
#6211 4 years ago

Who got the KOD in AL?

4 weeks later
#6218 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Don’t believe I’ve ever seen one of these.
ebay.com link

Only $8.70 shipping!

3 months later
#6278 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I’m guessing there’s not many of these around. Looks great too.
ebay.com link

More than you’d think. I bought held for a year or so and sold a nice one in the same price range $300. Beautiful machine for a decoration alone worth the price.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider John_in_NC.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay?tu=John_in_NC and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.