(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grayman_EM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5566 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Here's a Williams EM title that doesn't appear for sale too often:
ebay.com link » Beat Time Pinball Machine For Sale

$500.00 for a non working machine is a bit much. But I do notice that more people are doing that. Depending on cabinet and work I am always thinking between $125.00-$250.00. After all it doesn't work!

#5568 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Sadly, the days of $125 games in good shape are largely long gone.

Sorry but that was for a non-working game. The cabinet could need repair as long as it's not falling apart.

Quoted from ZNET:

Likewise, the top wedgehead titles typically sell for a grand in partially functional or unshopped condition; the rare late production Gottlieb EMs fetch considerably more.

What goes up will IN TIME come down given if the title falls out of favor. If the economy were to suffer even more downturns "in time" people would have less recreational money to spend on collectables.

Quoted from ZNET:

A complete Beat Time, nonfunctional, with good cosmetics, is worth the auction's starting $500 price, in my opinion. The backglass alone is with a couple of hundred.

I disagree IMO as Will Darnel said in the movie Christine. "Ya can't polish a turd." If it doesn't work you have a nice lawn ornament. Pinballs are made to be played and enjoyed IMO of course.

#5570 6 years ago

The $125.00 days are not totally gone as I have seen some project packages on craigslist that are for $125.00 and up pinballs. Sometimes a little more just to far for me to drive. I did point out a #Big Valley pin for $100.00 which didn't look that bad, but did sell in just a few hours.

#5573 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

As for your characterization as Beat Time as a "turd," I would be glad to have a polished one in my line-up. Many Williams EM games are underrated, in my view. In fact, it's the Williams EMs which have arguably appreciated in value more than any other pinball category in the last five years. Irrespective of pricing prognostications, we do agree, that pinball machines are meant to be played.

You misunderstood my point. You took it directly instead of the quote's meaning. A bad thing cannot be improved. In other words a machine that is broken and cannot be fixed, cannot be improved. That is where the lawn ornament saying comes from.

Every pinball has someone out there that must like it. Being me, you or some kid just first discovering the fun associated with pinball machines. Pinball machines are not turds, but some are not the most exciting to play per that person's opinion.

Quoted from gdonovan:

Every manufacture of pinball games makes turds, Williams is no exception. I have a very nice Big Ben for example... playing is exciting as watching paint dry.

Having played Big Ben when I was a kid. It wasn't that exciting for me.

Two things come into play here CASH is King! And TIME will get you what you want.

#5575 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

But there was so much hype about some of them, I had to at least give them a try.
And if I could get my hands on a nice Big Ben, I'd be all over it.

I think there is one on Craig's list. Is that where you got the picture at? Talking about BIG BEN and there being another reminds me of KING PIN 1950's and the 1973 version.

#5577 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And if I could get my hands on a nice Big Ben, I'd be all over it.

OK, you asked here it is on craigslist. I knew I had seen it. Go buy it....

sacramento.craigslist.org link

3 months later
#5624 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Drool. It's only $ 4,900.
ebay.com link » Bally Capersville Pinball Machine Full Chrome New Backglass And More
Guess I should offer mine up for 2k

Bally, 1966
5,120 produced

I'm sorry but the ad says very rare. The average run back then was a 1,000 and this has over 5,000! Just how crazy and I do mean crazy do sellers have to be? All this does is make the price go up for no reason other than greed.

All common sense has left.

2 months later
#5696 6 years ago

Looks nice Gary! Keep up the great work.

#5728 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Well, I want one of these, but I think I am a few dollars short so I will have to pass. One of these went for $1000.00 4 years ago on eBay which I kick myself for not buying as there was only 1 bidder believe it or not. So my question is what is the real price that these go for in good condition these days? $2000.00 - $3000.00?
ebay.com link » Bally Em Mata Hari Pinball Machine Works Totally Redone Super Rare 170 Made

He wants $9,000.00 and it doesn't even play perfect? (One player only) If you want the money fix the pin, which is still over priced. Ebay worst thing that ever happened to pinball.

4 months later
#5793 5 years ago
Quoted from RyanClaytor:

Didn't see this one listed. There's a Jumping Jack for sale:
ebay.com link » Jumping Jack Non Working Project Pinball Machine Cheap
$250 starting bid in Medina, Ohio.

RyanClaytor that's the wrong link. It shows a pin called Sky Blazer?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Grayman_EM.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay?tu=Grayman_EM and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.