(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#5707 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

BTW, I recommend resetting the card bank at the start of a game. It doesn't do this by default... but should! Maybe stack an extra switch on the start button or coin relay.

I like the idea of keeping the card bank from resetting at the beginning of a game - keeps the player engaged for potentially more games; the free ball isn’t easy to snag, especially with the rebound post next to the outline set in conservative position.

#5731 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Well, I want one of these, but I think I am a few dollars short so I will have to pass. One of these went for $1000.00 4 years ago on eBay which I kick myself for not buying as there was only 1 bidder believe it or not. So my question is what is the real price that these go for in good condition these days? $2000.00 - $3000.00?
ebay.com link » Bally Em Mata Hari Pinball Machine Works Totally Redone Super Rare 170 Made

I got one for 1500 locally via craigslist a few years back - decent shape but not great- with repro backglass, rescreened original playfield, repro side rails, that puts my cost for a real nice restored game at about 2475$...my guess is that for this title, a fully restored example could fetch $3500.. As for.9k? I doubt it but ya never know after viewing those Tulsa auction prices.

2 years later
#6225 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

That was a lonely machine back in the day. No one played it. Surprised playfield shows that much wear. If you like it, the single player “Lucky Ace” would be a better choice.

I've shopped, restored and played many Dealer's Choice/Lucky Ace games over the years and have never seen a really nice playfield... which means either the playfield topcoat sucked or the games got a lot of use... the last Dealers Choice I shopped had over 90K plays on it and it was beat to a pulp. That being said, I do agree that with all the pin competition, it typically played second fiddle to better machines of the time.

2 months later
#6277 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Post-war pre-flipper game. They made plenty of them, and being that flippers came out shortly afterward, they got little play, and many good copies are still around.
I think I've seen or heard of more copies of United's "Mexico" than any other woodrail game. , 'cept maybe Gottlieb "Sunshine".

Yep, I've seen several and just restored one and delivered to a customer last week... and now this one.

6 months later
#6363 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Canada Dry. Reputable seller and in pretty good cosmetic shape. Non working and has some combination of rust-mold-mildew inside.
South Florida
ebay.com link: itm

Keep in mind that many games coming from FLA are subject to termite damage that requires proper fumigation to get rid of them; depending on your location this could be a bit pricy; I had a game done in Washington DC area for a bit under 300$... very few exterminator companies offer this service if you don't live in warmer-clime states

#6364 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

More proof of the crazy EM market right now. That this title with a painted over cabinet and painted over (wrong color) lower playfield is already at $710 with over 3 days left in the auction.
ebay.com link: itm

Yeah great point, why do a nice job spraying but using such a nasty non-matching color.

#6365 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Not an easy title to find especially with a non-roached out backglass. Agree the prices for pinball everywhere are pretty darn high, but this isn't crazy-high. Not yet, anyway.
I paid $1100 for my Solids & Stripes two years ago. Perfect glass, playfield, and nice cab though.

I'd do that price for this game with your description of the game you picked up. Very rarely do you see this game in good shape.

1 year later
#6436 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Woo hoo, my Atlantis is worth about $15k![quoted image]

doofus central.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Dono.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay?tu=Dono and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.