(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 17 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 10 years ago
Quoted from WeirPinball:

Stay away from Wms unless you really know it is a good game - yes, I'm a GTB snob.

Some of you Gottlieb guys really have the blinders on. I'm not sure where this all comes from? I think you must all collectively influence each other to have that narrow mindset. Of course Gottlieb made many great games, the most good games consecutively for sure. With that said by limiting yourself to them alone your missing out on a lot of great games by other manufacturers. When I was a newbee I read statements like this all the time. I bought a few of the "great" Gottlieb games based on the hype. Most were good but overall I was somewhat disappointed. Many of the Williams games I bought on a whim with no expectation turned out to be as fun or more so. I really think it's subjective. If that is your preference I can certainly understand it. You're not alone in that assumption. Or if you're buying for resale then your probably on the right track.
Alex

#22 10 years ago

My Cow Poke sat in a pole shed for who knows how many years. It was the easiest game ever to get running right. I went through, cleaned all the switched and steppers, fired it up and it played correctly. No nagging issues to sort out. It just worked and played like butter. Part of the reason I have a fondness for it.

My Quick Draw and Lucky Hand on the other hand were some real MFer's to get playing. At one point I gave up and put LH for sale. Chris Hibler got me calmed down and sorted out after a few phone calls (great guy). Brian Saunders has shared many a Gottlieb ressurection nightmare on RGP over the years.

I had a Stern Stampede (essentially Chicago Coin) after shopping it out it played flawlessly for the years I owned.

As far as maintenance goes I think a lot of it has to do with the condition you bring them home in combined with your repair experience/mindset. With experience I think you tend to develop an intuition when your accustomed to a certain manufacturer. After working on all of them that knowledge/intuition starts to meld together.
Alex

3 weeks later
#60 10 years ago

Hey, I'm a cheesehead who loves Ems that are priced right!

I already have Kickoff and really enjoy it. I'd love to have a Sing Along. I missed out on a $300 Melody earlier this year and a $250 Sing Along a couple weeks ago. Just waited too long thinking about which game I'd have to sacrifice to make room. It amazes me I keep seeing them this cheap. The temptation is almost maddening. I have to say I actually felt a bit relieved when the other ones sold. They say 3 is a charm, maybe it's predestined. Hayward is 4.5 hours away for me but I'd go if I can convince the wife.

Am I a hoarder if I start storing machines under other machines?
Alex

#63 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I vote you send your extra games to me. I will store and maintain them for free!

If you lived closer I'd be cool with that plan.
Alex

3 weeks later
#105 10 years ago

Ooh, nice example for the money. I personally love those mod cabs. Congrats.
Alex

#118 10 years ago

Williams made 10 games in 1960-1961 with the cool mid-century modern cabinet. Rob Berk has all of them apparently. Russ Snyder (Pinrescue) had a beautiful Music Man but may have sold it. It is one of the few Williams games with the disappearing jet bumper.

Here's the list:
Black Jack
Bo Bo
Caravelle
Darts
Highways
Hollywood
Jungle
Magic Clock
Music Man
Viking

Alex

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I noticed some of those modern cabinet designs use light up numbers like the older wood rails, and Magic clock has score reels. That must have been when Williams made the transition, from what I can tell.

They went back and forth for awhile. I have a 1960 Williams Serenade (woodrail with score reels) sitting next to my 1960 Williams Jungle (dinette legs and lighted scoring). It's neat to see that beautiful wood rail style ball arch still in the mod cabinet though. It was definitely a transition period.
Alex

#122 10 years ago

Another interesting note on Magic Clock. The IPDB states it was Harry Mabs last design before his retirement. Pretty neat piece of pinball history considering he is the the guy that is credited with inventing the flipper.
Alex

1 week later
#249 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I messaged him and he sent pics to my landline (me no cell phone).

Ha, I thought I was the last human being without a cell phone. I must confess there are times I wish I had one but for the most part it's liberating being without.

I remember my first apartment. $225 a month, no cable, no internet, $20 phone bill. Low stress cheap living. All I needed was some bologna, beer my ratty old 71 Cougar convertible and life was good. No wonder kids live with their parents until they are 30 now.
Alex

1 week later
#302 10 years ago

Somebody snagged it for $200. I'd love one for that price.
Alex

1 week later
#346 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Check out this '41 GTB Spot Pool.

It definitely has a great look to it.

1 week later
#386 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Good condition.......but the artwork

They should have used the Abra art for the AAB too. They could have called it Alla-Kazam or something. Oh well, I'd still play the hell out of it.

#390 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I used to think Egghead had a terrible art package, but that tin man dude is starting to grow on me.

I like it but the art on Square Head is awesome.

#394 10 years ago

I'd sell all my pinballs for that much and feel pretty good about it.

#395 10 years ago

Here's an Egghead in Bakersfield that "maybe" available.
http://www.pinballowners.com/zutaak#61312

#398 10 years ago

Yes, great art on Oh Boy!

For more great Pin-Up style playfield art check out
Gottleib Cover Girl
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=580&picno=7475

and Chicago Coin's Catalina
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=471&picno=7209&zoom=1

#407 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I thought you were talking about one of these.
Ebay link

I wonder if the guys that try to collect all the transition games groan when they buy a Dragon. Well at least it's pretty.

#410 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Like the new Avatar o-din. "I Know Nusink!"

When I first saw it I was thinking I don't remember Capt. Kangaroo being that chubby. Then I noticed the German helmet...

#412 10 years ago

This is actually a third one. The one you were considering originally resold on Oct. 6 for $3000.
ebay.com link: 1978 Gottlieb EM Joker Poker Pinball 820 Made NICE Cosmetics Poker Theme

Almost makes that one for $2000 seem fair.

#422 10 years ago

It was on Craigslist this last week for $400 obo. I have to admit the temptation was strong.

#438 10 years ago

No wonder he doesn't want to go there.

1 week later
#471 10 years ago

Nice, supposed to be a fast and fun one. Great price.

#499 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

This one should disappear quickly at 1650 buy it now.
Ebay link

Yep, gone....

#501 10 years ago

I have a Wing Ding on my wishlist. This game has been on there a long time within driving distance. It's nice overall but the repaint kills it for me. Super bright and crisp with no webbing to speak of.

#504 10 years ago

The guy has a lot of other cool and unique games too. Some really big price tags on some of them.

1 week later
#596 10 years ago

I guess the really confusing part is they had 2 offers? Sad death for a good game.

#625 10 years ago

Hard to see but looks like it could be a pretty decent example. 3K is crazy for sure but you see that a lot on Ebay.

#634 10 years ago

Yep, that one is super nice. A beautiful example if there ever was one. I am a little confused by the tax license on it if it was HUO. With that said it is kind of a neat and interesting element. I like it being there.

#657 10 years ago

Aren't we all waiting opportunistically, for that sweet deal to come up locally. I know I look everyday.

#667 10 years ago

You should be stocked up by the time you get there Ken. Congrats on the Prospector. I always liked that one.

#669 10 years ago

A new state, new house and new line-up. Should be a lot of fun.

#671 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

New neighbors!!!

Yeah, that's always a crap shoot.

#676 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i wouldn't complain if i had some new neighbors move in with an em collection...

That's true, we are somebodies neighbors and we are good guys.

#678 10 years ago

My neighbor threw his back out helping me move a jukebox in one time. Ever since then everyone hides when they see a machine in the driveway.

#689 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Anyone play one of these before?

I've played it a couple times. Probably not enough time on it to comment on the gameplay but I thought it was fun. You're right the six flipper configuration is a throw back to the fairy tale series. An interesting layout and great art. I'd love to find one locally.

#695 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Slick Chick in Maine
It's $24 now and will go much higher........he needs more/better pics
Ebay link

After looking I think that is just for two pop bumper caps.

#700 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

You're right Alex - I missed the caps at the end of his title - no wonder

They way it's written isn't overly obvious. I had to look at it a few times before I got the gist of what was actually for sale. It will be interesting to see the bidding anyway. Hopefully some potentially disappointed buyer doesn't think he is buying a nice Slick Chick.

#754 10 years ago

Shoveling snow is kind of like mowing the lawn in the Spring. The first time for the year is kind of fun. Then it just becomes a chore. I look at it as forced exercise.

#868 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Here is a sought after title and in nice shape. The only problem is you would have to find the original cars, and good luck with that!

You can find the cars. They are just vintage Dinky brand toy race cars. You see them on Ebay quite a bit.

ebay.com link: DINKY TOY 23G COOPER BRISTOL RACING CAR IN NEAR MINT CONDITION

#938 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Alex, did you drive over to Walled Lake, MI? - it's sold now. I betcha that was even tempting for dirt.

I did look up the distance on Google maps.

Gone now? Temptation terminated.

1 week later
#988 10 years ago

I'd make room for a Knock Out. I just can't justify the expense of what one typically goes for.

#991 10 years ago

I have a friend from Madison. He told me of a story of another guy he knew getting one for a few hundred bucks off of an ad in the paper I think. He was bummed he missed out on it but happened on another one within a few blocks of the first at a rummage sale a couple weeks later in better condition for $250. I'm not sure exactly when this happened but the fact that two turned up within the same month within a mile from each other both for bargain price about blew my mind. What are the odds?

#1061 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

. maybe it IS one of those things that you are better off not knowing...

Yeah, there wasn't a tape outline near where you picked the game up was there?

1 week later
#1122 10 years ago

That is a great looking game.

#1140 10 years ago

Hey they are getting closer to Wi. Maybe one day I will be a member of the Big Daddy club.
ebay.com link: WILLIAMS 1963 BIG DADDY PINBALL MACHINE

#1142 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

It is a pretty elite club full of people much better than anyone else. Do you think you will fit in? I know I do!!

Yeah, since you say it that way probably not. I can still revel in my temporary Royal Guard club membership.

#1144 10 years ago

Yeah, another member here I hold in high regard advised me that he never discloses a game until he has ownership. Most of what he says I take as the gospel anyway but it's pretty wise advise I've learned.

#1153 10 years ago

Star bellied Sneetches?

#1165 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Mata Hari-
ebay.com link » Bally Mata Hari Em Pinball Machine Very Rare Machine One Of Only 170 Produced

I swear the production numbers must be off on this one or every example survived. It seems like you see one for sale about every 3 months. Still a neat game.

#1175 10 years ago

Yes the are adhesive backed protectors. They were sold by Wico I believe and are punched out of shelf paper. An operator add on. They do peel up with out damage if your careful. You don't usually see them on 70s games, mostly 60s. I have a small stack of NOS if anybodies interested.

#1204 10 years ago

I have a friend with one SS game. He sees my EM collection as relics already.

#1214 10 years ago

Definitely North of $500.

#1215 10 years ago

Boston Pinball lists average for Buckaroo at $1801 with a low of $500 and high of $4100.

#1217 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Guess I won't be getting me a Buckaroo!

Never say never. I picked up my Cow Poke in a snowstorm about 5 years ago for $500. It had seed corn in it, the back glass was shot and the cabinet was scabby (cabinet is still scabby). I didn't even negotiate as I knew he had others interested. I felt like I stole it at the time as I knew without braving the climate I wouldn't have gotten it.

When you're resourceful and handy (like I know you are) it opens up the door to owning a lot of great titles.

#1219 10 years ago

Yeah!! I might be getting a Heat Wave….if one ever comes along cheap.

1 week later
#1293 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I have three of them.

I'd like one, bring one with when you come to Milwaukee will you?

#1299 10 years ago

Where is Sarah McLachlan when you need her?

He just decreased my chance of finding a Sing Along by 1. Ah, hell I wanted a Melody anyway. Maybe somebody can make a nice coffee table.

#1303 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

That is really shitty to part a game out like that...

We should all contact him through his Craigslist ad and tell him we'll take it.

1 week later
#1395 10 years ago

Poor, poor camo Sing Along. But hey look at the starting price and from what I can tell the play field looks decent.
ebay.com link: SING ALONG WEDGE HEAD GOTTLIEB PINBALL MACHINE

#1398 10 years ago

What's that hoov, the ball is in the well?

lassie.jpglassie.jpg
#1436 10 years ago

It's funny how some of these games travel. Probably started it's life in Ny and moved down the coast. My second game, a Klondike, had a New Orleans tax sticker on it. It was a long ways from where it started.

#1442 10 years ago

I like these type of games. Quirky and rarely seen.

#1444 10 years ago

Well, yes that too. Some of the best games have pretty girls.

#1447 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'm with you on that Alex. Lately I've become more and more drawn to machines with the pin-up style artwork. Especially games done by George Molentin.

Molentin is my favorite pinball artist for sure.

#1449 10 years ago

PinballTom (a well know CA collector) argued that there is another unnamed artist. Some of the games credited to Molentin have a very similar style but also different enough to notice. If you look at Bally's Wild Wheels and Starjet they are consistent with Big Daddy but Molentin's features tended to be softer generally. Hard to say for certain but I like them all.

#1485 10 years ago

Hawaiian Beauty is a desirable woodrail. I wouldn't spend that either but someone might.

#1542 10 years ago

Yeah, it's not exactly bargain priced either.

2 weeks later
#1668 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

If the game plays at all like the one I am restoring, it is a blast! I never thought I would enjoy a game from this era as much as I do. I really like the challenge of gameplay on this one. Lots of fun!

Those 60s games will surprise you. The layouts look simple but are often frustratingly fun.

#1682 10 years ago

Cool, I like it! I know I've seen another console slot that had a pinball plunger on it. I think it was made by Mills but now I can't find a pic. I've always like the console models. They have a great look and use to be pretty affordable. Maybe the affordable part is a thing of the past though, this one is pricey.

#1691 10 years ago

Awe c,mon. I know it's odd and for a pinball fan sort of counter intuitive, but from what I understand it is fun. And unique! If I had room I'd give it a whirl. I like the quirky ones.

1 week later
#1754 10 years ago

Hey, that's my favorite game...just kidding but you know somebody out there has one they love. Beats a Demolition Derby.

#1756 10 years ago

Wisconsin roll down version. Crazy gambling laws here...

1 week later
#1788 10 years ago

Another tempting one. Once again 9 hours of driving.

#1793 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

With the wood trim having been painted over (and likely the cabinet with it - looks like it was completely white-washed), and with it not being a Gottlieb or a more well-known Williams title, games like that just fall through the cracks unfortunately.

Sad but true, if it were close I would have snagged it though. Sometimes these type of games turn out to be a lot of fun. And at the very least, most wood rails cleaned up are great eye candy.

#1797 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I wasn't aware that Chicago Coin also made wedgeheads. I'm guessing this is the only one?
ebay.com link » Pinball Machine Chicago Coin Kicker

Yep, that's the only Chicago Coin wedge head. There are a bunch of Spanish ones. I'd love to get a room full of them and then invite some of the Gottlieb boys over to play my wedge head collection.

#1802 10 years ago

Cool, I always though that was a neat looking game. Didn't know there were any floating around stateside.

#1822 10 years ago

60s ems will always be my favorites but sometimes I get the itch to knock down some drops. Diversity in a collection is always nice.

#1829 10 years ago

I had always assumed North Star was done by Stenholm until seeing the recent IPDB listing. I am still leaning toward Stenholm.

1 week later
#1898 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I'm one of a minority who likes this game, but seriously?
ebay.com link » Professionally Restored 1972 Williams Spanish Eyes Pinball Machine

I'm with you. I like it too, but yeah, no way.

#1903 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

You can put lipstick on a pig and it will still be a pig.

Awe c'mon Rat I remember not too long ago you said you weren't into 2" flipper games or ones without inlanes. What's your favorite now? One day you may play Spanish Eyes and it will grow on you too.

Or maybe you meant Bob Borden games?

#1907 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I suddenly hurt below the belt buckle.

Nah, all in fun. After I wrote it though I went to bed and was thinking, I hope he doesn't take that wrong.

1 week later
#1929 10 years ago

Lollipop scales are cool. I think that qualifies as a PM though (pure mechanical).

#1936 10 years ago

Ooh, I love those. A couple years back I knew where one was at an antique shop for a great price. I had it in my head I was going to get the money together to get it. A guy was at my house to buy an old gun game. He was an old car guy and saw my old 1937 Ford car dealership sign in my game room. He kept bugging me to buy it. I told him there was a couple others at this antique shop if he wanted one. Happened to be the same shop that had the Mutoscope punch-a-bag. Guess what? He went there and bought all the car signs and the game I wanted. I have since learned to keep my cards a little closer to my chest.

#1938 10 years ago

Yeah, they were asking $2500 for the one I wanted in original condition. Still a bit more than I am used to spending but it was so cool I planned to find a way. The guy that snagged it also told me this big story about how he had a spot picked out for my gun game in his kitchen and then proceeded to work me over on price. The next day he had it on Ebay for twice the money and sold it. If he would have told me up front he bought and sold games I wouldn't thought any less of him and my selling price would have been the same. So it goes I guess. I got what I needed for my gun game, he saved me $2500 on the Mutoscope game and I learned a good lesson. I still see him at the Chicagoland show and try my best to be polite.

#1996 10 years ago

You finally found your glasses?

#2003 10 years ago

$100 Buy it now. Not bad except if you read he has the back glass but decided to keep it. Weird. I wonder if $200 would buy the game and the back glass? May be just as well. Could be flaked and the money would be better spent on a BGresto version.

#2021 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

How many minor issues can you find on this game for a supposed 300 hour restoration?
ebay.com link » 1975 D Gottlieb Quick Draw Pinball Machine Restored Wow
I realize it's in California, but really?! At this price, it should at least have Wade's field in it!!

Hee hee. That was unexpected.

#2043 10 years ago

Cool game, still too much.

#2056 10 years ago

The one for $950 wasn't in MN by chance?

#2079 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here's an "Atlas" woodrail by Gottlieb in Tennessee. You don't see these pop up every day.
ebay.com link » 1959 Atlas Gottlieb Pinball Machine

I like your Goliath avatar.

#2082 9 years ago

Remember waking up early Saturday morning to watch cartoons? Well, sometimes my sister and I would do the same on Sunday. Davey and Goliath was the only thing on and we enjoyed it. Now kids have 24 hours of programming. I don't know if they are lucky or missing out on the experience?

#2089 9 years ago

Yeah, unfortunately that was a bit before my time. I was more the Laff-A-Lympics era. I did enjoy reruns of Space Ghost and Herculoids though.

#2102 9 years ago

Nice! You never feel secure on a deal like that until it's in your possession. Congrats, that's not an easy one to find.

#2116 9 years ago

That is cool, but wow $500!

#2118 9 years ago

Nah, what do I know. Maybe to the right guy that is a great deal. It's pretty cool but I've bought a lot of pins for less.

3 weeks later
#2219 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Looks like a good start price to me and a title you do not see too much that's available.
$375.00 start bid and no reserve.
ebay.com link » Williams Beat The Clock Vintage Pinball Machine 1963
Ken

Ooh, that ones on my wishlist. EM multiball! Fortunately it's far away so I don't need to worry about it.

Quoted from Chuck_Sherman:

I just picked up a Full House last month, Missing coin mech, Looks like it takes nickles or dimes. am I correct, where might I find one?

Yes, the coin mechs on these take multiple denominations and can be tough to find. I am working on a Teacher's pet with the same coin door. It takes Quarters, Nickels and dimes. Pretty slick.

#2221 9 years ago

Dave you're always good with your spares. But this one unfortunately is a single mech that takes multiple denominations. It's unique.

#2250 9 years ago

That's true. I'm guessing he'd have more success selling them individually. Probably would have been smartest to sell one at a time about a month apart.

1 week later
#2293 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Apparently Gypsy Queen is the new Mermaid. Who knew?
ebay.com link
(Personally, I'm scratching my head on this one.)

I hope not, I'd like a Gypsy Queen.

#2295 9 years ago

Looks nice. Maybe the white lithium grease or the pinball girl pic add some value?

Well, it is essentially a Pin Rescue game, so I could see a bit higher price than normal but that is pretty significant.

#2297 9 years ago

I still should have bought yours Dave, way back when. Still kicking myself. I wonder if David ended up selling it.

1 week later
#2362 9 years ago

ebay.com link: Williams baseball pinball Official Baseball arcade machine

This one needs the full treatment, but a nice starting price on a great game.

1 week later
#2390 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Shipmates = the most gutted pinball for 60's parts. If this was in Texas it would make a great donor so other games worthy of playing could live on.

I've played Shipmates. I thought it was pretty charming and not a bad player.

1 week later
#2457 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I have no interest in it

No interest? Is it because of the AAB thing? The gameplay is good, not great but it sure is charming with nice art and animation. I don't really chase specific titles anymore but do have it on my want list. I agree that they do seem to pop up quite often. At only 626 made there must have been a lot of survivors.

#2459 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Yep. Now if a Zig-Zag came along.................hummmm.........................
Ken

Had one, I want the AAB.

#2467 9 years ago

Not for me. Ah, but the timing sucks. It's always something it seems.

1 week later
#2577 9 years ago

I think so, but at $300 it looks pretty sharp.

#2582 9 years ago

Probably a good guess but I think things are a little soft right now. That same seller had that nice Big Deal sell last week for $500. I'm going to go with $650.

#2587 9 years ago

Nah, we're talking Gottlieb Flipper. North of Chicago. Nice looking game but repainted…

It's within range for me but for the record, I like it but won't be bidding.

#2590 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Here we go again. The torch is passed to me and I'm out of money

That's part of my problem too. Not to mention a bunch of other tempting deals to compete with it.

Quoted from o-din:

$300 and no one bid. Makes you wonder..... Makes me wonder....

It's still early. Like Jodini said, it probably has prospective buyers...holding out until the end.

Great Avatar.

#2591 9 years ago

Auction ended early?

#2604 9 years ago

I had a nice Corral. The ball is never on the playfield long enough to create wear.

2 weeks later
#2648 9 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

Check our feedback we do not sell junk

Ha, zero feedback. And in China? I'll pass.

#2667 9 years ago
Quoted from PMcGee:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Dancing Lady Pinball Machine 1966 4 Player W Backglass Animation

Neat game, but wow look at the webbing on that cabinet.

#2671 9 years ago

Midway Rodeo is the only multi-player wedgehead that I'm aware of.

image-12.jpgimage-12.jpg
#2688 9 years ago

I like it. I'd kind of like to add a pre-flipper game to the mix. Most of the ones that appeal to me are from the 30s before the large backboxes. This one I find interesting though. I think there is beauty in it's simplicity and it looks the bowling theme is well integrated in the gameplay.

Looks as though the coin door may be missing though. If it was closer....maybe.

2 weeks later
#2779 9 years ago

AGH, that's "the one." My grail! Oh wait what's up with that price!? And that cabinet paint!? And the heavy playfield wear... never mind....

#2782 9 years ago

Price is high, but time has passed and it says OBO. Sometimes in these scenarios if you offer a fair price and present some data in a respectful manner to reinforce it, you may come away with a nice machine.

Drop A Card is fun...

#2805 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

ebay.com link » Vintage 1965 Williams Moulin Rouge Pinball Machine It Needs Nothing
Looks to me like there's two different backglasses pictured, no?

Yes, it sure does. Different paint loss and ones very faded. I'd love one but locally and cheaper...

#2816 9 years ago

The difference is shipping companies work the same hours a lot of us do. So it often involves taking time off of work to wait for them. Once I was talked into doing the shipping thing, took time off of work to wait for the truck and they call and said they couldn't make it that day. They had to reschedule for the next day. Two vacation days burned to wait for a truck. Then I discovered I had forgotten to include the leg bolts with the game. I had to ship them to the buyer. It's just so much easier to deal locally.

#2820 9 years ago

Yes, that's exactly right. I just got talked into shipping a couple arcade games again recently. The truck shows up right on time but the driver acted all exasperated. He said they had it listed that they were picking up 2 pinball games. One was actually an early skee ball, a lot larger than he anticipated. Then he starts getting concerned about the condition. The buyer was aware both games needed some level of restoration. I just told him I felt his pain I didn't even want to ship in the first place.

All in all the shipping thing works and in the end everything is ok, but I just like it when a local buyer shows up and he knows what he is getting. Most of the time with local sales you meet some great people and it can be a lot of fun. They are enthusiastic and it's no fuss no muss. You may not get as good a price on a local sale but it seems to be worth it.

#2823 9 years ago
Quoted from JKnPA:

Well..... most of you missed the point, or the points I made.

I do understand where your coming from. If you want to realize the markets full potential for selling something like this, being open to shipping is the way to go. It just involves jumping through more hoops to get those extra dollars.

As far as strangers coming to your house I also see your point. With that said I have had good luck with the people I've sold to locally. Knock on wood. Many of those you develop long term friendships with.

As far as 1 bidder, again I think you're right. Limiting to local pickup really narrows the number of potential buyers. It seems though that the market is soft on anything but very desirable ems right now. I've seen quite a few nice games lingering for sale at fair prices lately. Mayfair is a nice game with some historical significance. It would have been interesting to see the outcome if it had been offered with a shipping option.

#2825 9 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

So, eBay sellers, please go right on choosing 'Local Pickup Only'. When the response to this is poor, as it so often is, this gives potential bidders like myself more of a chance, and quite possibly at a better price.

That is very true. I've shipped 5 games and I don't believe I ever offered a shipping option. Usually what happens is someone convinces me to ship and I concede or they just hit the BIN and hope they can work out the details afterward. I certainly would have been smarter to offer the option upfront possibly getting a few more dollars out of it.

1 week later
#2883 9 years ago

I would guess the seller doesn't want to ship and all the buyers are from some distance away.

2 weeks later
#2906 9 years ago

Somebody must have clued him in on the proper name.

#2910 9 years ago

These are the kind of people I like to buy from. They can't even be bothered to read the back glass. They just want it gone.

#2931 9 years ago

Yeah, these two would look great set up side by side. Just need to add Star Jet.

#2952 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

This one really is an EM classic!
ebay.com link » 1958 Williams Gusher Electro Mechanical Em Woodrail Flipper Pinball Machine 157
Too bad the backglass has some issues near the top, otherwise, would be worthy of a restoration. has anyone played one? Starting price seems a bit high, only 12 hours to go on this one....

I don't think the price is out of line. It needs a little attention but is one of the most collectible Williams woodrails.

#2965 9 years ago

It's all ready for shipment...

#2970 9 years ago

I know but if you could get it for $2500 your probably did alright. Averages $2826 on Boston pinball. Aside from Mermaid, it may be the most collectible Gottlieb wood rail.

#2972 9 years ago

Yeah, 0 feedback too. I guess I was just excited to see a Dragonette.

#2978 9 years ago

I guess Knockout would be a top 10 woodrail but you see that one for sale quite a bit. I am not sure where Niagra would fall in the list but I would love one.

#3009 9 years ago

Interesting. The trouble with Space Lab is most agree the documented production number is incorrect. It turns up far too often to have had only 30 made. There are 5 owners on Pinside and 3 on Pinballowners.com. Although there may be some crossover that is a pretty good indicator there were more than 30 produced. 300 may be believable.

EDIT: 12 serial numbers registered on the IPSND with a range from 204441 - 205567

1 month later
#3174 9 years ago

Looks brutal. Just how you like them. I bet it will give Big Daddy a run for the money.

#3177 9 years ago

Credit goes to Chaz on that. He's the one who rallied to have it reproduced. Fortunately he had a spare.

#3180 9 years ago

Shay did, Chaz was the guy that started the petition to get it done. He had a spare one for sale. Now it sounds like there are none anywhere and I haven't found my Trade Winds yet? Ah well, so it goes.

#3183 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I wonder why it wasn't on Shay's website. How long ago did he do it? Now I'm really glad I was able to get one!
BTW- who is Chaz?

I don't think Shay lists a lot of the smaller runs that get done. Not to mention the website isn't the most up to date from what I understand.

4 weeks later
#3284 9 years ago

0 feedback but at $200 and fairly local I'd give it a shot. I've been itching for something like this.

#3288 9 years ago

I don't know about those shipping quotes. You guys better let me drive over and check it out.

#3290 9 years ago

Yeah, I know. You're thinking like a collector though. I have no room at all so I just need something I can plop in the middle of my game room to get me through these cold Winter months. Worst case scenario,I fall in love with it.

#3292 9 years ago

Got bored with it….

#3294 9 years ago

This one needs a little love but it's hard not to like Sing Along. Especially with a great starting price.

ebay.com link: Pinball machine Gottleib Sing Along

#3298 9 years ago

That guy has some neat stuff. I think this is him.
http://thesilverballarcade.com

#3309 9 years ago

Was discussing this a little earlier with a friend. A sad truth indeed.

#3310 9 years ago

Something a little less depressing. This guy has built up one hell of an early arcade collection in a hurry. Inspiring stuff, and I don't think he is that old.

http://www.torrencecollection.com/coin-op.html

Also, the last couple Chicagoland shows seems to be as busy as ever. There will always be those who appreciate history.

#3313 9 years ago

I missed those days but it's still one of my favorites.

#3318 9 years ago

Oh man, I like the art museum. To be fair though it's been a long time since I have visited.

#3320 9 years ago

Museum of Science and Industry may be what you need?

#3329 9 years ago

What is that some custom powder coat like the DMD guys use?

In all seriousness I miss Royal Guard but it would have to be a really nice one to command $900.

#3358 9 years ago

Didn't you have a real nice one?

#3361 9 years ago

I owned that one for a short time last year. This seller always has lengthy descriptions.

#3374 9 years ago

It's a really nice game and you did an awesome job bringing it back. I was also a little surprised that no one snapped it up. I suspect timing is factor, post Christmas, pre tax time. That in combination with a narrowing demographic that appreciates this sort of thing.

#3381 9 years ago

Neat machine. Where does it list the price revisions?

Just last weekend I discovered an antique barber pole on Craigslist with a price of $350. A nice price for what it was. I emailed the guy and asked a couple questions. After checking back a little later it was $650. Then later in the afternoon it was $1199. Then the next day it was on Ebay with a price of $1299. Then the next day it was listed at $1999. It ended with no bids. I'm just trying to understand the series of events that led to this constant price increase with no sale at the end.

#3405 9 years ago

I sold this one almost exactly a year ago for $460. Comparable back glass, much nicer play field and fair original cab. I think I left a little money on the table but I got it cheap. Enjoyed it for a couple months and had a buyer lined up without advertising it for sale. No fuss no muss.

DAC1.jpgDAC1.jpg

#3408 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

Wow nice deal for someone
Patience is a virtue

Yeah, but mine didn't have LEDs.

#3431 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Welcome to your second childhood!

I don't think so.
Ah, the good old days.....

I can almost hear Chuck Mangione playing in the background.

#3475 9 years ago

Apparently one of the best mod cabinet games. Not the rarest or most charming but a player. So I have read…

Edit: Funny, after I say that and I check the IPDB ratings and it's rated very low. Oh well. I'd still like to give it a whirl.

#3503 9 years ago

I work with a lady who's husband has a couple games. They picked up a Night Rider without a backglass. Her husband and son decided to paint their own and are apparently pretty pleased with it. I haven't seen it in person. Without knowing the backstory, I'm guessing if I did, I may be thinking what the heck is that? Knowing however, I think it's kind of a neat thing they did together.

I'm glad she told me in case I ever have to go over there to work on it.

1 week later
#3564 9 years ago

Seems to be a polarizing title.

#3579 9 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

1954 Williams Spitfire woodrail.
ebay.com link » Vintage 1954s Williams Spitfire Woodrail Pinball Machine Game

Impulse flippers but that backglass is a Molentin classic.

#3588 9 years ago

I don't know but it sure would be nice to see a classic woodrail get imported instead of exported.

#3602 9 years ago

I hear you JR. It feels like this Winter will never end. We usually get at least a couple 40-50º teaser days in February. Not this year.

#3630 9 years ago

Interesting and rare. Somehow though I doubt it will fetch that kind of cash.

1 week later
#3661 9 years ago

Looks like it's also listed on Craigslist for $650.

#3674 9 years ago

Gone, gone, gone...

1 month later
#3866 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Nice looking "Melody". What's the game to it's left? It appears to be a wedgehead, but has a roadrunner graphic on the side of the head. The cabinet vaguely resembles "El Dorado" or "Gold Strike" otherwise. I wonder if it's some kind of one off custom game. Nothing like I've seen before.

Hmm, interesting. Looks like it may be a Looney Tunes re-theme. Looks like Speedy Gonzalez on the glass.

1 month later
#4008 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

more early 60s EM WMS mystery artist possibilities
Viking
Jungle
Magic Clock
Skill Ball
Trade Winds
Friendship "7"
Valiant
King Pin
Mardi Gras
Vagabond
Big Deal
Skill Pool
Big Daddy
Soccer

I'm going to disagree on a couple of those. Jungle and Magic Clock without question in my mind are Molentin. Or at the very least the same artist that most of his work is credited too. He has very simple but elegant line work and the women are drawn in his typical style. There are a couple others that I would suspect are him as well but drawn with enough variation to warrant being questioned.

The trouble with commercial art is the artist were not in it to be famous or gain recognition. It was just a job that paid the bills generally. So unfortunately we'll probably never know definitively on some of these. As O-din states I would suspect there is more than a couple mystery artists in the works mentioned.

#4011 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Also some of the time, they might have been told to emulate a previous artists style.
So that is why some of the games look like they were done by (say) Molentin, but for some reason they look just a bit off or not up to that artist's normal standard.

That's very true. Look at an artist like Marche who's style varied greatly. Without someone documenting his works it could be near impossible to tell that some were his. As far as looking a bit off, I again agree. But you have to consider these guys were cranking out a couple games a month. Seems like a lot of pressure to consistently make every one a masterpiece. To have a couple that aren't in line with their best work doesn't necessarily mean another artist did it. It just opens up a lot of speculation.

It would be nice to find someone that worked with these guys that may have some insight. There has to be some old timer still around that worked there. Even that though may not get you accurate info. I bet if you asked some of the artists themselves they may not remember who specifically did what works.

2 weeks later
#4058 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here's a Bally Moon Shot for somebody with more money than sense.
ebay.com link » 1963 Bally Moon Shot Pinball Machine

Great art package!

1 month later
#4112 8 years ago

I just threw my Pinch Hitter Project out there. Started at .99 cents no reserve.

ebay.com link: itm

1 week later
#4137 8 years ago

You hit Buy it now and won? Or hit it and were too late? Congrats or my condolences...

1 month later
#4272 8 years ago

Custom paint doesn't come cheap.

#4297 8 years ago

Seems like a worthy candidate. Not incredibly collectible and the repainted cabinet means it will need to be reworked anyway. The layout looks interesting.

2 weeks later
#4359 8 years ago

That's what I love about Teacher's Pet. There are only two drop targets but they were very creative in how they were used. And the interesting part is sometimes you want them up and sometimes you want them down. If your skilled you can manipulate that too. Which as you may guess can be very satisfying or borderline maddening.

#4361 8 years ago

As far as AAB with individual drop targets I believe you are limited to Palooka and Vagabond. Vagabond does look fun but it's tough to find.

#4363 8 years ago

Heck yeah, that looks real nice for the money. If that big lake wasn't there...

#4379 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

There's been a Trade Winds for sale for $600 near me (90 min away) for at least a month now. I thought it would have sold by now.

I had myself convinced I was going to buy that one. But the backglass is toast and it's 7 hours on the road. It gets harder to get in the car as I get older.

#4381 8 years ago

It's in an antique shop. I did contact them. They said the best they could do was $550. Of course that was some time ago so maybe they are more negotiable. Of course there will be sales tax. I'd prefer a Shay glass If I could find one. There's another $300 plus shipping. And $60 in gas plus tolls. So if the price is firm at $550 and I could find a glass, I'd be in it for about $1000. That's before going through it. A great game I'd like to own but...

#4385 8 years ago

I'm still thinking about that one in Decatur. It's just hard to know if the juice is worth the squeeze. Generally, I like to hem and haw until someone else buys it. Problem solved.

#4433 8 years ago

I have never owned a Williams game with 31" legs. But then I kind of wonder about the early 60s. I noticed in one of Odin's gameroom pics that Trade Winds has a shallower cab. It wouldn't surprise me if that cab had 31" legs on it.

I once had a Sinbad with 31" legs on it. It was supposed to be 27". I felt like the flipper buttons were at my armpits. In a way it was neat though. It kind of gave you the perspective of being a kid again.

4 weeks later
#4455 8 years ago

Oh man, I was so excited when I first saw this Ebay listing. Then the disappointment set in...

ebay.com link: Williams Alice in Wonderland Pinball Machine

#4458 8 years ago

Steve you're a master of resurrection. I think you could do it.

#4466 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Sure looks like fire got Wonderland, sadly.

I'm not so sure. The playfield looks charred black but then the pop caps, instruction card and plastics don't look scorched or melted. I think some goofball painted the playfield black. I'd like to go back in time and slap him.

2 weeks later
#4484 8 years ago

Yeah, good thing they updated the game ROMs. Heck they made 5500 of these? It's always seemed like a tough one to find.

I'm pretty sure they must have used an old ad as a template. Designer: Tim Sekel and Kevin O'Connor? Nope.

Anyway it is a pretty machine but it falls a bit short for that big asking price.

#4488 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Response must have been overwhelming. The price on Arrow Head has now gone up.

What!? Maybe he just really wants to keep it.

#4497 8 years ago

Hurray! At least it's been saved. It's a hard one to find and a couple of us guys would love to get our mitts on one. So it's great to see it get saved from the landfill. If it would have been local I would have pursued it.

1 week later
#4505 8 years ago

Love that song, I have the 78 in my old jukebox.

2 months later
#4609 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

kind of sounds like he put a repro add a ball backglass on a skil ball game?
the backglass is the only real difference?

Yes, most likely. Someone did a run to the Add A Ball backglasses a few years back. The seller also has one of those for sale. A little pricey.

#4620 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Oooh! Look!
ebay.com link » 1965 Wms Teachers Pet Pinball

Hey I know that machine. I sold it un-shopped for more than the starting bid a few months back. The seller is a nice guy and does good work.

#4624 8 years ago

Yeah, it went from Mn, to Wi to Ia in about a week when I had it. Still love the one I kept. Great game. Let's see if this one makes it to another state.

#4630 8 years ago

I'd buy it again.

2 weeks later
#4656 8 years ago

Congrats. Teacher's Pet is a blast.

#4662 8 years ago

North Star is a tough title to find.

#4664 8 years ago

That's weird? It's odd to see many 60s games listed at all anymore and to have 6 of the same title is just strange.

I remember the old days it seemed almost any title you could think of would be listed on Ebay at any given time. Maybe not within driving distance and or a fair price but many more options just 5-10 years ago. Every once in awhile something dirt cheap and local would be posted. Those were fun times.

#4679 8 years ago

Maybe somebody had an orphaned head.

#4684 8 years ago

That is always a good question. Sometimes you don't know how much you'd really be comfortable spending until the opportunity has passed.

#4690 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yes. That's what it was. Not me, but I know who got it (not a Pinsider). Strangely, the head and the body are the same game that got separated years ago. They'll be one game again as it should be, so it's a happy ending.

Hey, that is awesome.

2 weeks later
#4781 8 years ago

Parker wasn't exclusive to Gottlieb. He even did a couple Williams games. He most certainly did work for Keeney.
Check out this Flashback I used to own.

KeeneyB.jpgKeeneyB.jpg

#4805 8 years ago

Thin to win.

1 week later
#4832 8 years ago

Neat game. Williams with Roy Parker art. I'm not anti-gobble hole by any means but 5 may be too many.

#4834 8 years ago

Those targets look like a sucker shot. May be the only way to collect the on playfield special though. Sacrifice...

2 weeks later
#4876 8 years ago

Cool game but wow. I figured $650 tops.

On Bostonpinball, average over 5 games was $157.

1 week later
#4947 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

" My wife told me that I had to sell ALL MY GAMES! OR SHE WOULD LEAVE! I am going to miss her."
ebay.com link » Skill Roll Pinball

Never seen that one before. I doubt it's much fun but it is interesting. And if you like clowns....

1 month later
#5014 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Coincidence maybe?

Yes, he already had the Gusher.

1 month later
#5053 7 years ago

Ha poor guy. I always cringe when I hear of a game with cut wires but a part of me completely understands. You look in the backbox and it just looks like a a bunch of stuff hard wired in there. You don't know until you know. He's probably regretting it a bit now but I'm glad he asked.

5 months later
#5324 7 years ago

This look's like EM-pinman's game. Nice looking game.

2 weeks later
#5356 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Somebody looking for a 60s vintage Bally?
ebay.com link » Bally Happy Tour Vintage Collector Classic Arcade Pinball Machine 1964

I was sort of mulling this one over for awhile. It's interesting and close enough. Needs a back door, I have a straight coin door. They keep playing around with the price though. It actually sold for $500 back in December. Not sure why the sale wasn't completed and it has been relisted. If it was cheaper I'd be tempted.

#5358 7 years ago

It's not a must have title and I filled my rotation spot for the moment. It's just interesting enough to get my attention. With a little more time that strategy may work.

#5360 7 years ago

Ha, I appreciate that JR. We'll see if it's still lingering when I get tired of my latest pickup.

#5362 7 years ago

I feel the peer pressure mounting.

1 week later
#5382 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i am not a big fan of the reverse wedges

What? (resized).jpgWhat? (resized).jpg

#5385 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

alex it isn't like i did try. i am pretty open minded i don't really hate to many titles but the reverse wedges never grabbed me in way that i ended up keeping them. i will play the at shows but really don't want to own them

Well, to be fair I don't currently own any either. There are more than a few though I'd save a spot for.

#5396 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Maybe cause i bought one of them,
was it wing ding or zig zag

It was Zig Zag. Although I also had a Wing Ding not that long ago. River Boat is the only other one I have owned.

#5404 7 years ago

Yep, a lot of the old mega collectors are thinning the herd it seems. Right Tom?

3 weeks later
#5476 7 years ago

I had a friend that had a real nice one. It's such a looker and I'm generally a Williams fan, but I was very disappointed in the gameplay. He pointed out that it mostly plays itself. With the way the slings are set up it's very true.

3 months later
#5546 6 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

1937 CC Mars has backbox animation. I believe there are other games earlier than this, but this is the earliest I have seen. Neat game.
» YouTube video

That thing is insanely cool.

#5550 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

There was one for sale somewhere recently, I believe it was in CT. I was eyeballing it lustily, but alas, it was gobbled up.

Really? Can't imagine that's one that turns up very often. I wouldn't even care if it was fun, it's just such a great piece of art.

6 months later
#5726 6 years ago

Klondike was my second pin and the game that really fueled my pin addiction. I've owned it a couple times now and would revisit it again.

2 months later
#5766 5 years ago

I remember back in 2013 (had to look it up) Joe Grenuk's super nice original Atlantis sold for $2200 on Ebay. That seemed crazy at the time.

3 months later
#5822 5 years ago

I'm guessing that's his old one.

#5826 5 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Owned is the key word here.
Now that the garage has more space, it seems like a possum decided to take up residence in there last night. I kept getting woken up hearing noises, until about 4:00 AM when I finally realized where they were coming from. He must have snuck in late last night before I closed the door. I left it open after that and no sign of him this morning except a little pile he had left on the floor.

Monday I brought home a Big Strike. After arriving home I left it in my vehicle while I ate dinner and did some things in the house. Eventually I went out to bring in the game and it was dark. I brought the head in and left the hatch open on my Mountaineer. A few minutes later I come out to get the lower cab. As I reached in to slide it out slightly a cat came out from the front of the vehicle like he was shot out of a cannon. Scared the heck out of me and I yelled. Totally unexpected.

We have a few neighborhood strays around but after getting the game in the house I started thinking. Hoping that cat didn't ride home with me in the game. I took the head out at the sellers house and one could have climbed in the cab during. Not sure what could be done about, the thing shot off into the night. It weighed on me a bit though so I emailed the seller anyway and asked if they were missing a cat. Relieved to hear they were not.

1 year later
#5983 4 years ago

The seller is a great guy and got me into the hobby by selling me my first machine back in 2004. When I met him he had an EM Evel Knievel, EM Charlies Angels and EM Bally Black Jack set up in his basement. Jim has always had a nice assortment of rarer and interesting titles.

2 months later
#6097 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Just went down another $50.00 on the BIN price, so $300.00. Still has best offer so I'm betting someone could pick this up for $250.00. The deal is now a steal!
ebay.com link

Just a little over 18 hours away for you Ken.

1 year later
#6329 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Hopefully me too. Agree about the Gold Strike. I know it’s fairly rare but with all the issues it had, I thought it might bring $1000-$1200 but not $1700+.
It was at $700 with 7 minutes left in the auction. Must have been at least one person who seriously wanted it.

I sold a less than perfect Gold Strike with new backglass and plastic set for $900 years ago. The layout looked so interesting and has a cool art package. Early in my collecting days I thought it would be my grail but I don't miss it. It's very repetitive and once you get a good game going it lasts forever to the point of being boring. I'm an AAB guy but am guessing El Dorado is infinitely better. It has to be?

#6331 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I think it’s interesting that sometimes a machine that looks fun on YouTube videos turns out to be boring when you play it in person and vice-versa. Or sometimes you buy a game and your not thrilled with the gameplay at first but it grows on you like my Aladdin’s Castle.

Right. Expectations can be a big factor. I may have dismissed Gold Strike too easily as I was hoping it to be the end all perfect game. Last year I acquired Gottlieb Ship Ahoy. After shopping it I had a couple epic run on games and thought oh here we go again. Another AAB wedge head that is way too easy. After giving it some time and raising the thresholds a bit I'm finding it to be a lot of fun.

1 year later
#6438 1 year ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I picked up one of these in about the same shape with a bit of a rough playfield 1 year ago for $600 and a short drive.

ebay.com link: itm

I really like mine but would let it go for that price.

4 months later
#6463 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

I think I got Shay’s last backglass for Flipper Fair. Great game.

Someone once told me that Shay likes to tell people that the glass you ask about is the last one. Probably prompts those who are on the fence to actually buy.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

In another pinside thread some are stating that Shay is no longer silk screening glasses,
but now may be able to digitally print to glass on demand.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-backglass-and-translites-thread-buy-sell-trade/page/19#post-7327949

Awe man, there is no substitute for a silkscreen glass in my opinion. The on demand thing sounds cool but I suspect it comes with a compromise of quality/originality.

3 months later
#6541 1 year ago
Quoted from Ace24:

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1402199260546927/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post
A game I’d like to have someday. What cabinet is it in?
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

It looks to be the correct cabinet just a custom repaint. Great deal. I paid a grand more for my project Pleasure Isle. Was a wish list game. Happy to have it.

5 months later
#6616 7 months ago

Sweet. O-din and ccotenj back in the same week!? Awesome.

#6618 7 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Hopefully we can get the whole band back together someday.

Ah crap. Looks like ccotenj just stopped back to sell the collection. Looks like a great deal. I'm sure someone will scoop it up quick. Anyway wishing you all the best Chris. You were a lot of fun to have in the group.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay?tu=AlexF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.