(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 133.
#4251 8 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Update on the Joker Poker, I put it in my watch list. Went for 2146. The seller probably shat himself, like he had a scratch ticket that doubled his prize once he examined it closer.

I bought the EM Joker Poker. Actually, the seller had a general idea of the game's value during the auction. The playmeter count is 49,957. The inserts are virtually free of wear and the mechanicals appear clean.
$_122.JPG$_122.JPG
$_122.JPG$_122.JPG
$_122.JPG$_122.JPG
$_122.JPG$_122.JPG
$_57.JPG$_57.JPG

#4252 8 years ago

Oh, nice on the "Joker Poker". Who got the "Gypsy Queen" out in PA, that just ended? I had the high bid up until about a minute to go. It went for $625; a bit more than I was willing to go. It was way better than the seller made it out to be. Nice nab. Would like to get one of those someday.

#4253 8 years ago

I was watching that Gypsy Queen too! I would like to get one again someday. It was my very first pinball back in 1968 or 1969.

#4254 8 years ago

Nice nab on the JP, how much is the freight? Saw a thread on RGP, thought it might be the buyer looking for trans. The fact that the inserts aren't worn is half your battle, and I agree the game looks clean inside.

#4255 8 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Not as bad as you think! I was hoping it was not going to be nasty in there but after a quick vac job it's presentable!

image.jpg image_1.jpg image_2.jpg

That looks great! Nice wire colors too, which is certainly valuable.

EDIT- sorry for the blast from the past, for some reason I thought I was on the current page!!!

#4256 8 years ago

Nice nab on the JP, how much is the freight? Saw a thread on RGP, thought it might be the buyer looking for trans. The fact that the inserts aren't worn is half your battle, and I agree the game looks clean inside.

Thanks. Because the game is not accessible to a tractor-trailer, STI (formerly NAVL) quoted a cost of nearly $700 from Kentucky to NJ. Fortunately, cost-effective options materialized, after some effort. I opted for a $275 U-ship bid, plus extra insurance ($40) & U-ship auction charge ($10). The left side of the game's cabinet looks to be in excellent condition (it was protected---against a wall). The front cabinet has paint wear, but, nothing that cannot be touched up. The right side has a few relatively minor blemishes. I see a missing bumper cap and a broken target in the photos. Legs look good. Coin box is included. Overall, I think that it's a fine restoration candidate.

#4257 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Oh, nice on the "Joker Poker". Who got the "Gypsy Queen" out in PA, that just ended? I had the high bid up until about a minute to go. It went for $625; a bit more than I was willing to go. It was way better than the seller made it out to be. Nice nab. Would like to get one of those someday.

That's less that 10 % of the price that Gypsy Queen from Pinrescue closed at, awhile back . . . .

#4258 8 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Sky Jump buy-it-now is $9,300. Yikes!
ebay.com link » Sky Jump 1974 Gottlieb Wedge Head Em Pinball Machine High End Restoration

I would love to see the market support high end restorations on these old EMs but this is a bit over the top price wise. I can see 1/2 the asking price happening to the right buyer.

#4259 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I would love to see the market support high end restorations on these old EMs

Agreed. I'm considering the full restoration of one or two EMs, but I have to wonder how much of a hit I would take if and when it came time to sell. Losing 20% is one thing, but the prospect of losing 50% or more is sobering.

#4260 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

Agreed. I'm considering the full restoration of one or two EMs, but I have to wonder how much of a hit I would take if and when it came time to sell. Losing 20% is one thing, but the prospect of losing 50% or more is sobering.

Wouldn't limit that to EMs or restorations. While I have not been at this nearly as long as many of you, here is what I have observed: buying pins is relatively easy, if you have the green and good timing; moving them out when you need or want to sell them -- unless you are willing to take a significant loss on the deal -- is hard, more often than not. (Of course there are exceptions, chiefly when a title is rare, collectible, and sought after. But they **are** the exceptions.)

#4261 8 years ago

I have been on the losing end of pinball sales many times, believe me. My point is that it is easier to judge in advance what the sale of a restored high-demand DMD pin might fetch than a restored EM.

#4263 8 years ago

Guy knows what he has that's for sure. Looks nice especially the cabinet. Anyone else pick up the 4 Square in the pic? I'm doing stencils for my Astro and saw the pattern right away.

#4264 8 years ago

Guy knows what he has that's for sure. Looks nice especially the cabinet. Anyone else pick up the 4 Square in the pic? I'm doing stencils for my Astro and saw the pattern right away.

Yeah I think that listing is Rob Berk's, founder of pinball expo. I think he's pretty knowledgeable on the values

#4265 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

One of the 170 Mata Hari EM's just popped up... ebay.com link

It is a game that belongs to Robert Berk of pinball Expo fame.
I have bought some pins from him on ebay years ago.

#4266 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

It is a game that belongs to Robert Berk of pinball Expo fame.
I have bought some pins from him on ebay years ago.

Yes. He seems to be slowly selling off his collection. And a number of the games have appeared to be better than average in past ebay sales.

#4267 8 years ago

There are several more photos that plainly show the "4 Square". Too bad the "MH" backglass has been touched up. Pretty nice looking "Palooka" alongside as well.

#4268 8 years ago
Quoted from Craig:

I have been on the losing end of pinball sales many times, believe me. My point is that it is easier to judge in advance what the sale of a restored high-demand DMD pin might fetch than a restored EM.

One of the very rare occasions I actually lost money selling a pin was ironically to you. If you bide your time and buy right, invest a little sweat equity, it's hard to lose money in this hobby. Prices seem to have been on a steady rise ever since I started collecting some 13 or 14 years ago.

#4269 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

One of the very rare occasions I actually lost money selling a pin was ironically to you.

It was well invested, John, I assure you! Imagine how different things would be now if I hadn't bought that pin. It set off quite a chain reaction.

I've lost several hundred dollars a number of times and $1,600 once (ouch!). Any more, I am thrilled to break even, although that rarely happens. I suppose the key is holding onto things longer. I'll have to try that!

#4271 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ay, caramba!
ebay.com link » 1969 Gottlieb Hearts And Spades Pinball Machine

Did someone say Full Restoration needed in the ad? For that price it should already be done.

Ken

#4272 8 years ago

Custom paint doesn't come cheap.

#4273 8 years ago

Cmon guys, it's RARE!

#4274 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ay, caramba!

GLWTS! he'll need it. I see about $200 in that machine. PF does look nice though. All it needs is a cabinet repaint ($500), new backglass ($300) coin door ($100) and about 60 hours labor at about $40/hr if you can find someone to do it for you. Add the BIN price to the shipping and you have a really nice machine there for a hair under 5k. Kind of liking my Spin A card for $300. Shopped it without having to buy any parts. I had a new PF glass, rubbers and a decent set of posts on hand. Thinking the 1000 mile drive each way with a mini vacation tacked on is looking pretty cheap about now.

#4275 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Cmon guys, it's RARE!

Hmmm... maybe I should consider getting a "rare" game for MY collection.

#4276 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ay, caramba!

He has three other EMs on eBay. It looks like $1395 is his number.

#4277 8 years ago

This looks like a good deal.

chicago.craigslist.org link

#4278 8 years ago
Quoted from dmbjunky:

This looks like a good deal.
chicago.craigslist.org link

Another ugly Williams game that looks like it may be a good player. I don't think I've ever played one. Looks similar in layout to "Alpine Club"/"Ski Club".

#4279 8 years ago

Sorry, wrong thread... disregard

#4280 8 years ago

ummmmm...Did you accidentally post that here? lol

#4282 8 years ago

Certainly doesn't fit the "nice looking" description, but how much would you guys pay for this? (Working)

Backglass and PF look serviceable, cabinet obviously needs repainting, not sure how the coin door would turn out after some evapo-rust and sanding/buffing...

_27_1.jpg_27_1.jpg

_27_2.jpg_27_2.jpg

_27_3.jpg_27_3.jpg

_27_4.jpg_27_4.jpg

#4283 8 years ago

That's a $200 game for me needs a door & coin plate and 50 hours of work. I've a 1965 AAB like it but better door & plate.

#4284 8 years ago

I'd put it at $400

#4285 8 years ago

Yeah I was thinking 250$ and a whole lot of elbow grease... That's one of the better aab gottliebs, am I right?

#4286 8 years ago

Central Park is replay; Hurdy Gurdy is the AAB version.

That backglass looks like it might be iffy though, so there could be a hidden expense.

#4287 8 years ago

I'll pay $400 for an "A" title EM as long as it's complete and the PF, plastics and cabinet are salvageable (provided I'm looking for a project). Backglass can be replaced.

#4288 8 years ago

Needs a new monkey also!

#4289 8 years ago

I agree the backglass is suspect that's 3 Benjamins right there coin door is sheet to bit. There's another C note you can wave buh-bye to

I played Hurdy Gurdy and quite honestly don't care for the game. I think for similar money I'd wait for a Crosstown or a Skyline IMHFO they're better players .

#4290 8 years ago

I think the door could be salvageable - the back glass does look suspect. I offered the guy 250$, if the back glass is flaked I'll drop to 200 and retheme it.

#4291 8 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

I think the door could be salvageable

Only if you painted it or had the chrome plated again IMO.

Stevy Fury had a coin door that was as bad as that one and tried everything to make it shine until he gave up and painted it.

Ken

#4292 8 years ago

I played Hurdy Gurdy and quite honestly don't care for the game. I think for similar money I'd wait for a Crosstown or a Skyline IMHFO they're better players .

Agreed Crosstown has a more entertaining layout but would (rather strongly) recommend the AAB versions Subway or Flipper Fair. Earning the extra balls is a lot more fun on this layout.

#4293 8 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Only if you painted it or had the chrome plated again IMO.
Stevy Fury had a coin door that was as bad as that one and tried everything to make it shine until he gave up and painted it.
Ken

OK, thanks for the tip... I have a retheme project in mind, maybe I'll pick it up for that purpose anyway. Doesn't sound like its an a-lister either so I don't think I want to put in the effort... I'll save that for my solid black North Star

#4294 8 years ago
Quoted from PhilGreg:

OK, thanks for the tip... I have a retheme project in mind, maybe I'll pick it up for that purpose anyway. Doesn't sound like its an a-lister either so I don't think I want to put in the effort... I'll save that for my solid black North Star

Central Park is a good player imho and I enjoyed it the year it was in my collection - hated to let it go. One of the games where good nudging skills are needed. The theme, artwork, and backglass animation with the monkey makes it special. I would repaint it to original, throw a new backglass in it, and find a lot less desireable game to re-theme.

It's your game though if you do get it.....

Just my .02

#4295 8 years ago

I enjoyed it as well but I needed the money for my Fireball. I still love my Fireball! I do miss my Surf Side very much from that trade.

#4296 8 years ago

A Fandango (http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=fandango&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick#818) just came up, looks like it's in great shape, except it's painted powder blue again... (I guess we have a local powder blue cabinet painter over here - maybe a new arch-nemesis for me!)
I don't care for the brand, the theme or anything about it and maybe would use that as my retheme candidate. Would you guys resent me if I did? Is my Gottlieb chauvinism making me unduly disrespect this Playmatic machine?

#4297 8 years ago

Seems like a worthy candidate. Not incredibly collectible and the repainted cabinet means it will need to be reworked anyway. The layout looks interesting.

#4298 8 years ago

Those playmatics have 2 things going for them. The playfield is virtually indestructible and the pops are usually "nuclear powered " plus it looks like a Gottlieb to average Joe. I kinda like the extra reel too scores up to 999990 then 1M on the rollover

#4299 8 years ago

You can say that again! Look at that frickin playfield, looks brand new!

$_27.JPG$_27.JPG

I think somebody already picked it up, but if I do end up grabbing it I cant go through the trouble of repainting that crappy cab art.

#4300 8 years ago

Don't say that Ken will have your EM card revoked . LOL

Quoted from PhilGreg:You can say that again! Look at that frickin playfield, looks brand new!
$_27.JPG
I think somebody already picked it up, but if I do end up grabbing it I cant go through the trouble of repainting that crappy cab art.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 86 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/86 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.