(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 133.
#3901 8 years ago

This is just beyond bizarre!!! Pepe Le Pheww!
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Olympics pinball machine

#3902 8 years ago

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Olympics pinball machine

#3903 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

This is just beyond bizarre

That's way too much for a skunk. I can get skunks around here for half that at least...though the nice skunks do tend to show up on the coasts.

#3904 8 years ago

Got plenty of them here. They dig up my grass looking for grubs, the little bowtards!!!

#3905 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Quoted from jrpinball:

You can say that again!

#3906 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I know of a nicer one...

My game room is looking sparse.

#3907 8 years ago

Got ya covered.

#3908 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

My game room is looking sparse.

I know the feeling, lack of funds will do that to a collection.

Ken

#3909 8 years ago

You just don't see this everyday for sale. Good luck those that have a Dimension and would like to have a NOS playfield.

ebay.com link: Gottlieb NOS Dimension playfield

#3911 8 years ago

Here's a nice backglass for a Fast Draw to replace one that may be roached in someone's current machine.

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Fast Draw Pinball Machine Head Back Box Glass Backglass Art Work

#3912 8 years ago

Would really like this but on the wagon!

Only 470 made, lovely condition, bit of cabinet fade.

ebay.com link: 1978 Gottlieb Close Encounter of the Third Kind EM Pinball Machine

#3913 8 years ago

This is the first time I have seen a GTB Mini Cycle advertised

ebay.com link: Gottlieb MINI CYCLE Vintage Classic Arcade Pinball Machine

#3914 8 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Mini Cycle Vintage Classic Arcade Pinball Machine

I just helped sell a Mini Cycle for a friend a few months back and he got $500 for it.

pics of Docs games 011.JPGpics of Docs games 011.JPG pics of Docs games 013.JPGpics of Docs games 013.JPG pics of Docs games 014.JPGpics of Docs games 014.JPG
#3915 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I just helped sell a Mini Cycle for a friend a few months back and he got $500 for it.

pics of Docs games 011.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
pics of Docs games 013.JPG (Click image to enlarge)
pics of Docs games 014.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

An honest price for that title, looks like it was in nice shape!

#3916 8 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Yupp, that's a $500 game IMO

#3917 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

An honest price for that title, looks like it was in nice shape!

The backglass was a nice original and the playfield and cabinet were pretty decent too. Price is about right.

I do like the retro mini-cycles though along with my retro snowmobiles on Snow Derby.

#3918 8 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

2495 for a planked out P.O.S. playfield. Overpainted slop webbing. Coin door and chute look like crap as well.

#3919 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

2495 for a planked out P.O.S. playfield. Overpainted slop webbing. Coin door and chute look like crap as well.

Sad thing is, he'll likely get his price from someone who doesn't know any better......

#3921 8 years ago

150 dollars!! Not bad for a project with a nice playfield and great backglass. (so tempting)

ebay.com link: 1964 Gottlieb Happy Clown Vintage Pinball Machine

#3924 8 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Yupp, that's a $500 game IMO

Don't think I'd go above $300 on a machine in that condition. That's a player.

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

150 dollars!! Not bad for a project with a nice playfield and great backglass. (so tempting)
ebay.com link » 1964 Gottlieb Happy Clown Vintage Pinball Machine

Wow, how has someone not snatched this one up yet? Happy Clown is a really fun game and the important parts are in excellent shape.

#3925 8 years ago

I dont have the money for the Happy Clown shipping costs. I have 150 dollars on me but not the shipping. Tapped out from other pinball deals and PBR parts.

#3926 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

ebay.com link » 1964 Gottlieb Happy Clown Vintage Pinball Machine

Woops! Striking distance, 4 player 60s Gott, that has my name written all over it! Offer submitted! This will be a full restore if I get it.

#3927 8 years ago

Good stuff John! I would love to see the final result.

#3929 8 years ago

Even not near you it is still a steal at 289+400ish shipping.

#3930 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Even not near you it is still a steal at 289+400ish shipping.

Except I already have a Jungle Princess and a Jungle Queen.

#3931 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Steal of the week. Wish it was near me.
ebay.com link » 1977 Gottlieb Jungle Queen Pinball Machine Em Vintage 4 Player For Repair

Those later 70's games weren't on location as long and you tend to find nicer playfields in a lot of them.

#3932 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Those later 70's games weren't on location as long and you tend to find nicer playfields in a lot of them.

I put in an offer and will see what happens. What gives me pause is that the last Jungle Queen I looked at was in great cosmetic shape, but had 4 dead flippers and the jones plugs were shot on it. It also had a number of shot coils because someone decided to use a jumper instead of trying to diagnose why a specific fuse bank kept blowing. This might be that same machine since it was in the same general area and I have too many project machines in disrepair that I can't get rid of.

#3933 8 years ago

It is always a tragedy when this happens to a machine-looks like considerable water damage!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pinball-machine-/281687836721?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4195e74831

#3934 8 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

It is always a tragedy when this happens to a machine-looks like considerable water damage!!
http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Pinball-machine-/281687836721?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_15&hash=item4195e74831

The sad thing is it is probably sitting outside and has been rained on a bunch of times.

#3935 8 years ago

JohninNC you may wanna bid on this one. The game is very nice except the PF is a 6 at best. You could take the PF from the 150 dollar Happy Clown you just bought and drop it in this game and be plug and play. Just a thought. The game is in Kentucky. (close enough I hope)

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Happy Clown Pinball Machine pinball machines

#3936 8 years ago

GTB El Dorado-description includes comment 'hold relay bypassed open'???

ebay.com link: 75 EL DORADO PINBALL MACHINE RARE GOTTLIEB WEDGEHEAD EM LUCKY STRIKE GOLD RUSH

#3937 8 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

GTB El Dorado-description includes comment 'hold relay bypassed open'???
ebay.com link » 75 El Dorado Pinball Machine Rare Gottlieb Wedgehead Em Lucky Strike Gold Rush

You can take your conductors off of the hold relay and splice them straight through to bypass the relay and your game will still work. I think Clay made mention of this somewhere on pinrepair.com if I remember. That contiuous duty coil seems to burn up a lot from the heat generated from being held in all the time and some feel it is not needed. So they just leave the relay in place, unsolder the conductors, and splice them straight through.

Not something I do........I like original..........

#3938 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

You can take your conductors off of the hold relay and splice them straight through to bypass the relay and your game will still work. I think Clay made mention of this somewhere on pinrepair.com if I remember. That contiuous duty coil seems to burn up a lot from the heat generated from being held in all the time and some feel it is not needed. So they just leave the relay in place, unsolder the conductors, and splice them straight through.

Great explanation Dave thks

#3939 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I remember him talking about it on the dvd. His reason is so that when you turn on the game the lights come straight on and no annoying buzzing!

#3940 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

I remember him talking about it on the dvd. His reason is so that when you turn on the game the lights come straight on and no annoying buzzing!

That and guys were cheap so why buy a coil and wait for it to arrive if the current one is toast?

#3942 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Two fer one! Projects anyone?
ebay.com link » 2 Fer 1 Sale Gottlieb 1969 Flip A Card And 1970 Spin A Card Pinball Machines

I have been watching those 2.... I want a flip a card but don't want to drive clear across the state

#3943 8 years ago

Great games both. Yeah, it's a haul though. But part of the fun is going all that way to get ' em and then having a story to tell.

#3947 8 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I have been watching those 2.... I want a flip a card but don't want to drive clear across the state

plus lot of 5 Baseball Machines-price seems high??

ebay.com link: Lot of 5 All Working Baseball Pinball Machines Baseball Yankee World Series Fans

#3948 8 years ago

I want a flip a card as well, one of my favs from my youth. Had one but it was too much a project to get perfect. LMK if you have one with good potential, maybe we can work something out.

#3949 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I want a flip a card as well, one of my favs from my youth. Had one but it was too much a project to get perfect. LMK if you have one with good potential, maybe we can work something out.

I wanted a Flip A Card big time and tried to find a nice one for ages and ages. Gave up and now run out of space!

#3950 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

ebay.com link » Rare Vintage 1977 Gottlieb Jacks Open Pinball Machine
ebay.com link » Vintage Gottlieb Mibs Pinball Machine Tested Works Local Pick Up Only
ebay.com link » Vintage D Gottlieb Buckaroo Pinball Wizard Machine Buck A Roo

Someone local to the Jacks Open should start some communication with the seller just in case it doesn't sell. Looking at the game, the $1200+ price point isn't too far off.

Obviously, it will need a plastics set and possibly a backglass. But it has pretty nice colors, just bad in the Name reds like usual. Too bad there aren't better pictures of the cabinet and coin door condition. But the playfield looks pretty darn nice.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 79 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/79 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.