(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 133.
#3851 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

ebay.com link » Pinball Machine
Looks like a desperate seller. He's moving. Get this one cheap. Modded with 3" flippers though, but probably an easy restoration.

Those 3" flippers look weird on that machine!

#3852 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

ebay.com link » Pinball Machine
Looks like a desperate seller. He's moving. Get this one cheap. Modded with 3" flippers though, but probably an easy restoration.

Those 3" flippers look weird on that machine!
-sorry duplicate

#3853 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

ebay.com link » D Gottlieb Co Pinball Machine
Don't know if this is worth a G note, but it doesn't look bad.

Looks to be pretty nice. Great game and one of the favorites in my lineup.

#3854 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Modded with 3" flippers though, but probably an easy restoration.

Looks like they also removed the center score bumper/gate and replaced it with a swinging target...who knows what else was "improved".

#3857 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

ebay.com link » Hurdy Gurdy Pinball Machine By Gottlieb

Pretty nice "HG".

#3858 9 years ago

Indeed! I hope it find a nice AAB collector home.

#3860 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

ebay.com link » D Gottliebs Melody Add A Ball Pinball Machine
ebay.com link » Vintage 1962 Gottlieb Tropical Isle Pinball Machine Tropical Ladies Monkeys

Hmnn,

Tropical Isle - ok you're close anyway....

#3861 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Hmnn,
Tropical Isle - ok you're close anyway....

Get a new glass in that one, spiffy up the cab, and I bet that would be a nice example. Playfield looks pretty promising.

You know you want it...

#3862 9 years ago

I have a buddy who has a Paradise - I want to go try that one out.

#3863 9 years ago

This one is in my neighborhood - any thoughts on this game?

ebay.com link: REDUCED Chicago Coins 1965 Hula Hula Arcade Pinball Machine

Price? How do you fix up the playfield?

#3864 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

ebay.com link » D Gottliebs Melody Add A Ball Pinball Machine
ebay.com link » Vintage 1962 Gottlieb Tropical Isle Pinball Machine Tropical Ladies Monkeys

Nice looking "Melody". What's the game to it's left? It appears to be a wedgehead, but has a roadrunner graphic on the side of the head. The cabinet vaguely resembles "El Dorado" or "Gold Strike" otherwise. I wonder if it's some kind of one off custom game. Nothing like I've seen before.

#3865 9 years ago

Check that about the "Melody". The playfield is whooped!

#3866 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Nice looking "Melody". What's the game to it's left? It appears to be a wedgehead, but has a roadrunner graphic on the side of the head. The cabinet vaguely resembles "El Dorado" or "Gold Strike" otherwise. I wonder if it's some kind of one off custom game. Nothing like I've seen before.

Hmm, interesting. Looks like it may be a Looney Tunes re-theme. Looks like Speedy Gonzalez on the glass.

#3867 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hmm, interesting. Looks like it may be a Looney Tunes re-theme. Looks like Speedy Gonzalez on the glass.

it is a spin a card that was rethemed to warner bros theme. the same guy that did the jet spin retheme to jetsons did that one also

#3869 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

ebay.com link » Reduced Chicago Coins 1965 Hula Hula Arcade Pinball Machine

Hula Hula is a fun game with good art work. That price seems high considering the BG condition.

#3871 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

ebay.com link » Reduced Chicago Coins 1965 Hula Hula Arcade Pinball Machine

Whats wrong with playfield? Besides broken flipper rubber & I think op took pic with glass on.
Agree on high price.

#3872 9 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Whats wrong with playfield? Besides broken flipper rubber & I think op took pic with glass on.
Agree on high price.

Sorry - I got this playfield confused with another game. I am new to trying to buy an EM game and trying to understand as much as possible about the games before I purchase. See pic below for the playfield I was talking about. Is this type of playfield common or a concern? Is there a way to fix?

I decided to pass on the Hula Hula as I would like to find a game that has more repro parts in case I would like to restore. Thanks for the input.

$_57.JPG$_57.JPG
#3873 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Is this type of playfield common or a concern? Is there a way to fix?

Fix what? That playfield is gorgeous.

#3874 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Fix what? That playfield is gorgeous.

I think he's talking about the planking it does have.

Still, not the end of the world. Does the planking affect the value - most definitely. By a large amount - depends on how prevalent it is. Still, I agree with Dirt - not enough to make an issue with it.

#3875 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Still, not the end of the world. Does the planking affect the value - most definitely. By a large amount - depends on how prevalent it is. Still, I agree with Dirt - not enough to make an issue with it.

Bah, that's not planking (yet). This is planking!

Planking!Planking!

#3876 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Nothing a New Atlantis Playfield can't fix.

Ken

#3877 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Thanks - I was just asking the question because I didn't know if that was an issue. Good to know that you think it is a good playfield.

#3878 9 years ago
Quoted from marksf123:

Sorry - I got this playfield confused with another game. I am new to trying to buy an EM game and trying to understand as much as possible about the games before I purchase. See pic below for the playfield I was talking about. Is this type of playfield common or a concern? Is there a way to fix?
I decided to pass on the Hula Hula as I would like to find a game that has more repro parts in case I would like to restore. Thanks for the input.

$_57.JPG (Click image to enlarge)

Looks to be a roto target on this one. I only recall seeing that feature on KOD and its SS remake. How often was that feature used ? Seems like it never really caught on ? [Should have been more specific = Carousel Roto Target.]

#3879 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Looks to be a roto target on this one. I only recall seeing that feature on KOD and its SS remake. How often was that feature used ? Seems like it never really caught on ? [Should have been more specific = Carousel Roto Target.]

Looks like "Diamond Jack". Unless that minor incipient planking is sealed under some type of clear coat, it can probably be cleaned up pretty good with Magic Eraser and alcohol. Go easy though.

#3880 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Planking! (Click image to enlarge)

Hah. Even that isn't very bad. I've seen far worse cases of "planking".

#3881 8 years ago

planking.jpegplanking.jpeg

#3882 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Also on the AAB, Diamond Jack. It's a great feature and adds interest and animation to the playfield. It can be both frustrating and rewarding. Frustrating when the card you need is facing you but then the ball hits a rollover that spins the carousel and there goes your card. Rewarding when the ball hits a spin rollover on its way to the flippers and up comes the card you need. Some complain that the carousel takes up too much space but I've never felt that was an issue, besides it's a key feature of the game and it's still quite possible to shoot balls by either side of it to reach higher up on the playfield.

#3883 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

planking.jpeg

Now that's major planking!

#3884 8 years ago
Quoted from beadwindow:

Also on the AAB, Diamond Jack. It's a great feature and adds interest and animation to the playfield. It can be both frustrating and rewarding. Frustrating when the card you need is facing you but then the ball hits a rollover that spins the carousel and there goes your card. Rewarding when the ball hits a spin rollover on its way to the flippers and up comes the card you need. Some complain that the carousel takes up too much space but I've never felt that was an issue, besides it's a key feature of the game and it's still quite possible to shoot balls by either side of it to reach higher up on the playfield.

An IPDB search pulled up this:

http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Carousel+Roto&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick

which (curiously) does not list the *original* KOD but only the remakes, or a couple other relevant titles just mentioned. Of those that turned up in the search, Dancing Lady sounds like it is probably the most interesting and unusual, particularly for collectors. A couple of the hits cite 5 rotos being on a single game ?! Must have been small ones, and would have rendered those pins kind of mechanically complex for their era ?

#3885 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

It looks a whole lot less like planking and a whole lot more like just ground in ball swirls.

That playfield is in extremely nice shape. A little ME and polishing and it will shine up like new.

#3886 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

An IPDB search pulled up this:
http://ipdb.org/search.pl?any=Carousel+Roto&search=Search+Database&searchtype=quick
which (curiously) does not list the *original* KOD but only the remakes, or a couple other relevant titles just mentioned. Of those that turned up in the search, Dancing Lady sounds like it is probably the most interesting and unusual, particularly for collectors. A couple of the hits cite 5 rotos being on a single game ?! Must have been small ones, and would have rendered those pins kind of mechanically complex for their era ?

i checked out Dancing Lady on IPDB and it has just one roto target. interesting looking game with a dancing ballerina for the backbox animation.

#3887 8 years ago

ebay.com link: gottlieb minstrel man pinball machine woodrail

Interesting title.

Not one that grabs me but it is a classic.

#3888 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Minstrel Man Pinball Machine Woodrail

Interesting title.

SOLD

#3889 8 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Minstrel Man Pinball Machine Woodrail
Interesting title.

Supposed to be one of the top collectibles in wooodrails. (But how is it as a player, to the extent that even matters ?)

Of course, you can't transpose the societal standards of one era to another, but seen from the standards of today it would be harder to come up with a title that was more offensive ! (I was going to say 'politically incorrect', but this artwork goes well beyond that.)

#3890 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Supposed to be one of the top collectibles in wooodrails. (But how is it as a player, to the extent that even matters ?)
Of course, you can't transpose the societal standards of one era to another, but seen from the standards of today it would be harder to come up with a title that was more offensive ! (I was going to say 'politically incorrect', but this artwork goes well beyond that.)

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3018

#3891 8 years ago

Gotta love those drop targets on 'Minstrel Man".

image-11.jpgimage-11.jpg

#3892 8 years ago

Dennis, you beat me to it. I, too, was going to suggest "Chocolate Drops" as the P.I. contender.

Regards
J

#3895 8 years ago

Looking for a 72 Fireball? This one looks nice.

ebay.com link: 1972 BALLY FIREBALL PINBALL MACHINE

#3897 8 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Looking for a 72 Fireball? This one looks nice.

I know of a nicer one...

#3898 8 years ago
Quoted from oldcarz:

Dennis, you beat me to it. I, too, was going to suggest "Chocolate Drops" as the P.I. contender.
Regards
J

Whoa ! Yeah, that's probably worse.

#3899 8 years ago

Just wondering:

Do any great "barn finds" like this still occur in the world of pinball

https://www.yahoo.com/autos/texas-time-capsule-five-pre-war-classics-found-in-118285976497.html

or are those days pretty much gone ?

#3900 8 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Just wondering:
Do any great "barn finds" like this still occur in the world of pinball
https://www.yahoo.com/autos/texas-time-capsule-five-pre-war-classics-found-in-118285976497.html
or are those days pretty much gone ?

Sure, we hoard everything. New stashes are created as fast as old ones are "discovered" Lots of old farts like us are collecting these stray machines that will likely end up in storage after we pass on and they will one day be rediscovered. Operator hoards are dwindling but collector hoards are growing no doubt.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 78 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/78 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.