(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 133.
#3651 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Yet another one for sale:
ebay.com link » Vintage 1974 Gottlieb Wedgehead Sky Jump Pinball Machine
Ken

It's a fun game I don't know why people are selling them.

#3652 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Ken

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Ken

Looks like a nice backglass, and has the rare extra 2" flipper on the right side for knocking down drop targets.......

#3653 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I played a nice one recently and it was fun, but nothing compared to an Atlantis.

Ken

#3654 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I played a nice one recently and it was fun, but nothing compared to an Atlantis.
Ken

I disagree I think it's just as fun at least in my opinion.

#3655 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

I agree! one of the better asymmetrical layouts.

#3656 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

EM-PINMAN said:
Ken

That is overpriced by "only" $1000....the rubbers are rotted and or missing...shop the thing for crying out loud if you are asking that price. I also see at least 1 broken plastic...and "most if not all lights work"(that's the extra $1000 I bet).

#3657 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Ken

Quoted from bellbrand:

Interesting... Guess I'll just add Sky Jump to my lineup and make an ongoing comparison with my Atlantis

Ken

#3658 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

here is an over priced bordens pin, even come with the post in-between the flippers
ebay.com link » 1963 Gottlieb 034 Square Head 034 Add A Ball Pinball Machine
"This game has been refurbished by the talented Borden's team, well known in the pinball restoration and arcade industry" the left out over charging for average work!

my beater jacks open still has the "borden amusements" sticker on the apron... think i can use that as a selling point?

#3659 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

my beater jacks open still has the "borden amusements" sticker on the apron... think i can use that as a selling point?

Use him as your Agent...........

#3660 9 years ago

Gottlieb Bank-A-Ball
What a descriptive auction title!

ebay.com link: Pinball machine

#3661 9 years ago

Looks like it's also listed on Craigslist for $650.

#3662 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

Just played one of these on location. (No Borden angle, though.) Not bad -- had to go about 5 games before I managed a replay. I don't know about other parts of the country, but it seems pretty rare to find ANY EMs on location. Someone has to make a concerted effort in that direction, and few operators do these days.

#3663 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

Hah, funny! The guy who bought my "Golden Arrow", bought a "Jacks Open" from Borden's around the same time. We've had to dive into it many times to fix various problems. There's a good sized capacitor in the head that wasn't even soldered!

#3664 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Hah, funny! The guy who bought my "Golden Arrow", bought a "Jacks Open" from Borden's around the same time. We've had to dive into it many times to fix various problems. There's a good sized capacitor in the head that wasn't even soldered!

this one was bought from them (after being routed hard) quite some time ago, so it's the routing sticker... the woman i bought it from had gotten it as a present for her 18th birthday and she had it for 20 years... it is safe to say it was not in a restored condition at that point...

#3665 9 years ago

Buy with confidence from this seller. Great game too.
ebay.com link: 1965 Williams Bowl A Strike Add A Ball Pinball Machine

#3667 9 years ago

Gottlieb Bank-A-Ball

ebay.com link » Pinball Machine

Nice game. $650 on CL? Man, I'd nab this one if I was local.

#3668 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Gottlieb Bank-A-Ball
ebay.com link » Pinball Machine
Nice game. $650 on CL? Man, I'd nab this one if I was local.

Agreed. That looks to be a very fine original example of the game. If it were in California, it would probably be subject to higher offers above the $650 CL price. Certainly, his phone would be exploding with calls if it were out here.

#3669 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Certainly, his phone would be exploding with calls if it were out here.

All those calls coming from Lake Forest I presume.

#3670 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

All those calls coming from Lake Forest I presume.

Actually, no. I could never understand the attraction to that game. For many years, it was many's "Must have" and the price was typically higher than most Wedgies. I gave it a chance a few times, and it never changed my mind.

But I know one Restore-er in West Hills that would have had it on the back of his truck the same night.

#3671 9 years ago

It's funny how its said games will get snatched up around here, but sometimes they show up on craigslist and rot there for months. But it has been a little lean of late.

#3672 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Actually, no. I could never understand the attraction to that game. For many years, it was many's "Must have" and the price was typically higher than most Wedgies. I gave it a chance a few times, and it never changed my mind.
But I know one Restore-er in West Hills that would have had it on the back of his truck the same night.

I wonder who that would be?

#3673 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Looks like it's also listed on Craigslist for $650.

I can't find it.

#3674 9 years ago

Gone, gone, gone...

#3675 9 years ago

looked like all the BG balls are broken or missing on that BaB

#3676 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

looked like all the BG balls are broken or missing on that BaB

Really? Wow. Didn't catch that. It looked really nice otherwise, though. In one of the photos, you could see just the right amount of light reflection off the side of the cabinet. That's one of the fine points in judging a game shown in photos. Some lucky individual got a good game.

#3677 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Buy with confidence from this seller. Great game too.
ebay.com link » 1965 Williams Bowl A Strike Add A Ball Pinball Machine

Quoted from jrpinball:

Another bunch from the same guy!
ebay.com link » 1967 Williams Kickoff Add A Ball Pinball Machine

I just got outbid my $15.00 on both games so I am out of the running.

Ken

#3678 9 years ago

Guys,

I got the Bank a Ball on CL (on ebay too). Going to someone I know who wants one real bad.

Contractor/electrician doing work for a lady and she said "get the game out of the basement" please. So, sellers, they're not. Movers, they were, and she is happy it's gone.

Playfield glass needs replaced. Knobs missing on lockbar. No. 2 plastic animation pool ball has detached from metal arm and fell (see pic on ebay) - all other pool balls are fine. Nice cabinet (I've never seen anyone go this crazy with an ink pen before though), nice playfield (dirty with a little left flipper drag), and super nice original backglass.

Edit: And, oh, the legs were painted with that medium puky green (think small Testors bottles) we painted our model cars with back in the 60's - 70's.

#3679 9 years ago

Nice! Glad you got it and it's going to a good home. Are you going to do the shop-out (I reserve the word "restoration", since the game is pretty dang nice)? Yeah, after "boilerman" mentioned about the drop-down balls, I went back and looked at the pictures, and it looked to me like one of the balls had broken off and had fallen into the recess for the animation unit. Great that all the other balls are there.
Nice score!

#3680 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Nice! Glad you got it and it's going to a good home. Are you going to do the shop-out (I reserve the word "restoration", since the game is pretty dang nice)?

Plan to....

#3681 9 years ago

Dang I was the current high bidder on ebay for it lol

#3682 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Guys,
I got the Bank a Ball on CL (on ebay too). Going to someone I know who wants one real bad.
Contractor/electrician doing work for a lady and she said "get the game out of the basement" please. So, sellers, they're not. Movers, they were, and she is happy it's gone.
Playfield glass needs replaced. Knobs missing on lockbar. No. 2 plastic animation pool ball has detached from metal arm and fell (see pic on ebay) - all other pool balls are fine. Nice cabinet (I've never seen anyone go this crazy with an ink pen before though), nice playfield (dirty with a little left flipper drag), and super nice original backglass.
Edit: And, oh, the legs were painted with that medium puky green (think small Testors bottles) we painted our model cars with back in the 60's - 70's.

nice grab! Just sold mine and miss it.

#3683 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Guys,

Good one Dave-you are fast becoming the Sherlock Holmes of pin detection!!!

#3684 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Good one Dave-you are fast becoming the Sherlock Holmes of pin detection!!!

No-one, and I repeat no-one, can sniff out a pin as good as dirtflipper.

He'll outwork every one of us

#3686 9 years ago

In some cases, I think such foreign version pins may have been made under license, but yeah -- in other cases probably a straight rip-off. What might be a bit more surprising to me is the overt nudity in the artwork there and then, a sharp contrast to the concealed or metaphoric variety from our pinball artwork.

I know a collector who has a number of pins from Spain, Italy, and elsewhere, which are not often seen in this country. Far from all being title or design ripoffs, some of them have no real counterpart here. For example, Jolly Park is quite interesting and unusual.

2 weeks later
#3687 9 years ago

Gottlieb - King of Diamonds 1967

ebay.com link: itm

Yeah... it's mine. Might as well give it a go, right? Need to fund other projects.

#3688 9 years ago

That KoD caught my eye on Ebay last night. It looks very nice! More and better photos would help you out though as the current ones don't appear to do that machine justice

#3689 9 years ago

I agree... will put some more online this evening. Thanks for the feedback.

#3690 9 years ago
Quoted from Vitty:

It looks very nice!

Looked even better in person at TPF.

Ken

#3691 9 years ago

Another Bob Borden Special....................oh joy...................

ebay.com link: 1968 GOTTLIEB ROYAL GUARD pinball machine

I guess he no longer includes chrome on his pinball restoration masterpieces.

Ken

#3692 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

ebay.com link » 1968 Gottlieb Royal Guard Pinball Machine
Ken

I'm still pretty new here. What's the story on this guy?

#3693 9 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

I'm still pretty new here. What's the story on this guy?

I'm also in the position of having to do individual research (mainly via scattered keyword searches), each time I need to get the lowdown on various dealers, restorers, etc. Occasionally I may find some rather detrimental comments about certain ones, like the guy who became infamous for posting a YT video of pushing some pins off the roof of a multi-story building. And I see comments here like "stay away from FUN!", but no one is providing any **supported** specifics as to why. (Well, the prices he asks are one obvious and unbiased fact . . . .) As I note with some concern that "FUN" is running the big upcoming auction at TPF that has been widely promoted on different CLs, at least as far away as the Bay Area. Inquiring potential buyers Want To Know.

It would be great if there were some continuing threads here (or maybe there are and I just don't know about them ?) devoted to Thumbs Up & Thumbs Down on various dealers & restorers, and **why.** Threads long on fair and fairly detailed reports, rather than flame wars or axes to grind. Is that asking too much ? Perhaps it is. Failing that, I may just have to keep asking some of you questions via PM.

[If I have something good to say about someone I've done business with, I will be glad to say it, and I don't think there will be any doubt as to its reliability.]

#3694 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

ebay.com link » 1968 Gottlieb Royal Guard Pinball Machine
Ken

This is a great example of why I don't like the new stark white posts/lane guides-next to old yellowed plastics, looks awful. The NOS ones that have been circulating would be a better choice. Also, note the poorly re-painted bulls eye targets. At least clean up your mess!

#3695 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

This is a great example of why I don't like the new stark white posts/lane guides-next to old yellowed plastics, looks awful. The NOS ones that have been circulating would be a better choice. Also, note the poorly re-painted bulls eye targets. At least clean up your mess!

well, if you want to get picky, those are the incorrect targets anyway; they should be solid colors, not bulls eyes.

And then there's the incorrect flippers, and the bumper skirts in the wrong orientation too. Not to mention the hammer tone paint on the legs, coin door, and coin entry. And reprinted score/instruction cards and the cab touchups.

The white posts don't bother me so much though.

#3696 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Looked even better in person at TPF.

It didn't look too bad when it was sitting in my garage either.

#3697 9 years ago

borden= poorly restored + over priced

just ask anyone who has purchased one of their pins over the last few years.

#3698 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

well, if you want to get picky, those are the incorrect targets anyway; they should be solid colors, not bulls eyes.
And then there's the incorrect flippers, and the bumper skirts in the wrong orientation too. Not to mention the hammer tone paint on the legs, coin door, and coin entry. And reprinted score/instruction cards and the cab touchups.
The white posts don't bother me so much though.

I just looked at one pic of the play field. For some reason, that's usually where I look first when checking out a game. But yes, now that you mention it, those should be all solid color targets there!

#3699 9 years ago

Edited. Sorry, wrong thread.

#3700 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

This is a great example of why I don't like the new stark white posts/lane guides-next to old yellowed plastics, looks awful.

I just changed out posts and rollover lane guides. The new lane guides let tons more light through. The game seemed very dark with yellowed posts. I am extremely happy that I changed everything out.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 74 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/74 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.