(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 133.
#3351 9 years ago

Ball times can be short on Universe. As long as you install Steve Young's yellow dot coils in the lower flippers, there's plenty of fun to be had here. Can't beat the art package. It's out of this world.

#3352 9 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

As long as you install Steve Young's yellow dot coils in the lower flippers, there's plenty of fun to be had here.

I would think Orange Dots would be plenty of power, but that's just my 2 cents.

Ken

#3353 9 years ago

I'm sure with the condition of the playfield and the fresh rebuild the flippers will be just fine. They don't all have to be able to send the ball into outer space like Rocket. As long as they can keep the ball in orbit..

#3354 9 years ago

Original flippers. The game played that way for 55+ years. Why change perfection?

#3355 9 years ago

O-din,

I see you have new price stickers on the coin door of your Universe. Does anybody know if Steve Young sells them?

#3356 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

O-din,
I see you have new price stickers on the coin door of your Universe. Does anybody know if Steve Young sells them?

It's not my Universe until it gets here. lol. I was just so excited that such a nice example was coming my way, that I posted some pics to share with everybody that likes old pinball machines. i'm guessing it will be here in a couple of weeks. I didn't ask about the stickers. But it is the original playfield, backglass, and cabinet paint. Those are the items I look for most.

#3357 9 years ago
#3358 9 years ago

Didn't you have a real nice one?

#3359 9 years ago

Had two nice Solar Citys at one time. All gone now.

#3361 9 years ago

I owned that one for a short time last year. This seller always has lengthy descriptions.

#3362 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I owned that one for a short time last year. This seller always has lengthy descriptions.

#3363 9 years ago

There must be an envelope with 1000 dollars tucked away in this machine. Its in Arlington about 30 minutes away from me. I am glad I have my machine in Ken's restore que. Mine should look even better then this one when he is finished.

ebay.com link: Central Park Gottlieb Pinball Professional Grade 1 Restored New Paint Wedgehead

#3365 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I am glad I have my machine in Ken's restore que.

Yes, Ken's cabinet repaint will stand well above this one.

#3366 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

There must be an envelope with 1000 dollars tucked away in this machine. Its in Arlington about 30 minutes away from me. I am glad I have my machine in Ken's restore que. Mine should look even better then this one when he is finished.
ebay.com link » Central Park Gottlieb Pinball Professional Grade 1 Restored New Paint Wedgehead

I never understand why folks list the games in Replacement Parts instead of under the Machines section. Really hurts their visibility.

#3367 9 years ago
#3368 9 years ago

Rat,
I know who has that central park. I wasn't interested and you would hate the webbing. He is a car guy not a pin guy

#3369 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I never understand why folks list the games in Replacement Parts instead of under the Machines section. Really hurts their visibility.

True, but that mistake sometimes helps a bidder's chances. I've probably bought at least one pin that way, thereby managing to avoid *some* of the typical ePay price inflation.

Another factor is the timing. You wonder how anyone can be so clueless as to have their auction close during the Super Bowl, or a conference championship . . . but it happens.

#3370 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This old woody looks pretty nice.
ebay.com link » Genco Pinball Machine Hits And Runs 1951

That's our very own "dtown". I don't understand the ad though. It ended, but did it sell?

#3371 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That's our very own "dtown". I don't understand the ad though. It ended, but did it sell?

Yea. That's the game I repaired. I won't say "restored" because that wouldn't be fair to guys like Steve Fury that definitely restore games. But, I did a nice job of fixing it.

Anywho, it's my dad's game. He can list it as he likes. Looks like he took it off with a couple minutes to go. I can ask him tomorrow what's the big idea of ending the auction early. No bids I saw though.

I've asked around to see if anyone was interested but no bites. I'd just take it myself but I ain't got the room and baseball just isn't my thing. Besides, I got me that Gottlieb Sunshine sittin' in the garage just waiting for me to touch her.

Looks like he listed the United Singapore that I'd been helping him with. Guess he gave up. I showed him how to clean and adjust switches. How to appreciate a smooth running stepper. And that, overall, pinball repair requires tedium and patience.

My father just does not have that. He can do small engine repair like nobody's business. He taught me how to repair lawn mowers, weed trimmers, snow blowers, etc. so I'll never need to take mine to a repair shop. BUT, he just doesn't have the patience for pinball repair.

Quite honestly that Singapore's a Frankenstein. Some jackass put flippers on both of them. A practice I've heard was common after Mabs introduced the flipper. Nonetheless, it just made a mess of the wiring. Also, someone put an electrical "start" switch on the stinking game instead of just using the coin mech to reset and start a game. Trust me guys...it's a mess.

I told him he'd have to use that spare game (yes, he has two) to try and re-do the wiring but it looks like he ran out of patience.

#3372 9 years ago

Auction ended. It was nice.

#3373 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Auction ended. It was nice.

The Hits and Runs is a nice game and if you're baseball lover and have a retro style game room, it would be perfect. The game was made at a time where it was really hard to keep a ball in play. Nudging and luck had a major factor. Other than the coin door switches being gone, it really wasn't a hacked mess. Just don't understand why no one was interested. What do they want? The game for a hundred bucks?

#3374 9 years ago

It's a really nice game and you did an awesome job bringing it back. I was also a little surprised that no one snapped it up. I suspect timing is factor, post Christmas, pre tax time. That in combination with a narrowing demographic that appreciates this sort of thing.

#3375 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

What do they want? The game for a hundred bucks?

As Rick Harrison on "Pawn Stars" would say, "I'll give ya a hundred bucks for it".

#3376 9 years ago
Quoted from dtown:

What do they want? The game for a hundred bucks?

I'm sure it was worth more than that. I would have loved to have had it. But you know how the sayings go-
"wish I was closer" or "shipping killed the deal".

#3377 9 years ago

From a financial point of view I don't really care that much. I received my investment in parts and my "labor" was done out of love. It's just that I'd really like to see the game go to someone who'd take care if her.

Nonetheless, looks like my dad wants to keep the game for now. He's trying to convince my step mother on a way to bring it upstairs. They really do have limited room in their house. Ton's of square footage in the basement and garage area but the house is limited to, like, a thousand square feet.

#3378 9 years ago

that hit and runs kind of sparked my interest, and honey brook is only a few minutes from me. but it was pulled. kinda glad I might of pulled the trigger and I really don't have the room.

#3379 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

that hit and runs kind of sparked my interest, and honey brook is only a few minutes from me. but it was pulled. kinda glad I might of pulled the trigger and I really don't have the room.

I noticed that Cochranville is just below Parksburg when you had that extra Abra Cadabra for sale several months ago. I was tempted but, with my limited room, it just wasn't a game I was chompin' at the bits for.

I live just north of Reading. Nice to know I have some hardcore EM guys near me. Although PA has always seemed to be a big pinball enthusiast state.

#3380 9 years ago

Check out the number of price revisions, just today, on this Vest Pocket Basketball penny arcade machine. Surely this is some sort of record!!

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/231458071625?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2649

#3381 9 years ago

Neat machine. Where does it list the price revisions?

Just last weekend I discovered an antique barber pole on Craigslist with a price of $350. A nice price for what it was. I emailed the guy and asked a couple questions. After checking back a little later it was $650. Then later in the afternoon it was $1199. Then the next day it was on Ebay with a price of $1299. Then the next day it was listed at $1999. It ended with no bids. I'm just trying to understand the series of events that led to this constant price increase with no sale at the end.

#3382 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Neat machine. Where does it list the price revisions?
Just last weekend I discovered an antique barber pole on Craigslist with a price of $350. A nice price for what it was. I emailed the guy and asked a couple questions. After checking back a little later it was $650. Then later in the afternoon it was $1199. Then the next day it was on Ebay with a price of $1299. Then the next day it was listed at $1999. It ended with no bids. I'm just trying to understand the series of events that led to this constant price increase with no sale at the end.

'view of revisions' is just below Description & Postage' headings. This seller has posted 18 revisions today but downwards with 2 days to run. It started I think at $800 and is now at $475. A Vest Pocket Basketball went yesterday for $215-I missed it in the last 5 secs.

#3383 9 years ago

Not sure if this was posted:

ebay.com link: itm

Atlantis glass going for MORE than a repro would cost....yikes

#3384 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

ebay.com link

It seems for someone an original was the important factor.

#3385 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

ebay.com link

Repro from Ron is $273 shipped, so they saved $1.

#3386 9 years ago

They paid almost $277 with shipping! Probably not aware you can get a nice repro I would guess.

#3387 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

They paid almost $277 with shipping! Probably not aware you can get a nice repro I would guess.

Oops, it was $250 last I looked. Didn't see that last $5 sneak in!

#3388 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

ebay.com link

i sold that glass to that guy last year for about 160 so he made out pretty good.
he is not a pinball guy he was going to put near his fish tanks

#3389 9 years ago

I wonder if this was his fish tank.

01_02122006q.JPG01_02122006q.JPG

#3390 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i sold that glass to that guy last year for about 160 so he made out pretty good.
he is not a pinball guy he was going to put near his fish tanks

Sounds a tad fishy??

#3391 9 years ago

Or maybe this one?

IMG_20140724_112806751_HDR(1).jpgIMG_20140724_112806751_HDR(1).jpg

#3394 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

King of Diamonds anyone?
ebay.com link » Gottlieb King Of Diamonds Pinball Machine

i want a kod...

but i'd like that pitch & bat that is next to it even more...

#3395 9 years ago

Skyline to go along with your King of Diamonds from the same seller:

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Skyline Pinball Machine

#3397 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

ebay.com link » 1972 Gottlieb Drop A Card Wedgehead Pinball Machine Fully Working Nice
I am assuming this is too high priced?

actually, remember your question earlier about the "big range"? something that has been "restored" to this extent falls on the upper end of that range...

overall, 2100 is a bit of a reach...

cabinet repaint is the wrong colors, unless it's just my crappy monitor... it's also done a bit incorrectly... nothing that is a show-stopper, but definitely something that stands out...

the bg needs to be "perfect"... and i'd have to see close ups of the pf touchups...

also.... the "ship for flat 700 dollar fee via NAVL" indicates to me that they are attempting to make money on shipping...

all imo, ymmv, etc...

#3398 9 years ago

It's about 15 minutes from my house but I don't want a poorly restored one

#3399 9 years ago

it's not a "poor" restore, but it isn't "right"... again, could be my monitor, but it does not look correct...

also, when looking closely at some of those pictures, there appears to be some planking on the pf as well... also, the bg has wear that is inconsistent with the price of the machine...

#3400 9 years ago
Quoted from bellbrand:

ebay.com link » 1972 Gottlieb Drop A Card Wedgehead Pinball Machine Fully Working Nice
I am assuming this is too high priced?

I would say so, but it all depends on who's buying. This game was at the recent SoCal Arcade Expo and I guess it didn't sell even when people could see it in person. I don't know what their asking price was at the show.

Although it is a complete repaint, to some, the white is too white and the spider webbing is a bit too heavy/thick. These kind of things can turn off some of the die hard collectors while others just drool over such work.

Badly planked playfield and a backglass with some flaking, again, brings the value down. And, since its from NiftyLED, and I could be wrong, but it appears to be decked out in LEDs which could be a plus or minus depending on who's buying.

They did appear to have replaced everything that could be replaced so there is value in that both appearance wise and in labor costs.

I seem to recall there was a "player's" condition DAC for sale down in the San Diego area. And, for a time, there was also a decent looking one for sale in Mission Viejo, CA. While their prices were considerably lower, they didn't sell right off the bat (or ever?).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 68 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/68 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.