(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,638 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 14 days ago by pinwiztom
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
wcaso (resized).png
AC (resized).jpg
IMG_7148 (resized).JPG
IMG_6907 (resized).JPG
Plated pieces (resized).jpg
IMG_6783 (resized).JPG

There are 6,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 133.
#3152 9 years ago

damn double posts.......

#3153 9 years ago

She would definitely fit in with the theme. Welcome aboard!

(not the actual machine I will be receiving)
image-8.jpgimage-8.jpg

#3154 9 years ago

Or is it this one?

Naughty tickle women.JPGNaughty tickle women.JPG
#3155 9 years ago

She can come too.

#3156 9 years ago

Ahhh a Trade Winds..

#3157 9 years ago

Ahhhh is right! It is showing up in parts. The backglass is coming from Canada and the machine is coming from Arizona.

I love it when a plan comes together!

#3158 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I love it when a plan comes together!

You mean Pinball comes together.

#3159 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

You mean Pinball comes together.

Yeah man! A pinball machine where the goal is to sail to Tahiti. I've never even played one, but how can you go wrong with that? It was meant to be. A machine that needs a backglass, and a backglass that needs a machine. I feel just like cupid.

#3160 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've never even played one, but how can you go wrong with that?

Can never go wrong,sure looks like lots of nudging is in your future.

Quoted from o-din:It was meant to be.

Cant argue with that. Even has the metal flippers too.

#3161 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Can never go wrong,sure looks like lots of nudging is in your future.

Nudging is good! I have not seen the machine or the backglass. I am going by description only. But I have faith!

The gentleman that is bringing the machine also brought me the Rocket. He comes to town every couple months for the local auction. He got to play his old Rocket today, and it made me very happy! (he was happy too)
Because it now works! I have to wait until next auction for Trade Winds though.

#3162 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have not seen the machine or the backglass. I am going by description only. But I have faith!

I am sure it will be fine.

Quoted from o-din:The gentleman that is bringing the machine also brought me the Rocket. He comes to town every couple months for the local auction. He got to play his old Rocket today, and it made me very happy!
Because it now works!

Dont let the cat outta the bag,if he knows you can fix Em`s the prices may go up.

#3163 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Dont let the cat outta the bag,if he knows you can fix Em`s the prices may go up.

I didn't know I could fix them.

#3164 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I didn't know I could fix them.

They all work.

#3165 9 years ago

Forgive me, I can`t leave out the red heads.

Red Naughty tickle women.JPGRed Naughty tickle women.JPG

#3166 9 years ago

polka-dot-sailor-girl-costume.jpgpolka-dot-sailor-girl-costume.jpg

#3167 9 years ago

Chick Ahoy!

#3168 9 years ago

Anchors away!

#3169 9 years ago

I was thinking it was going to be Flag-Ship-the backglass has some nice ships bells; err I mean belles!!

http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=868&picno=23832

#3170 9 years ago

Flag-Ship huh? Funny as that's one of the backglasses I've been painting in Photoshop recently.
Here it is if you guys wanna have a look, but it's not finished yet. I work on it every now and then...
The lower photo is the original, which was in sad shape. I think I got the original photo from e-bay?
Or maybe from one of the forum members here? I can't remember now. Cheers, Mal

Flag-Ship (1957 Gottlieb) - BG.pngFlag-Ship (1957 Gottlieb) - BG.png

Flag-Ship - original BG.pngFlag-Ship - original BG.png

#3171 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

I was thinking it was going to be Flag-Ship-the backglass has some nice ships bells; err I mean belles!!

At this point I'll take what I can get! Trade Winds has a couple of mates as well. Actually one, but she is purty enough for me. Look at those slings.

image-6.jpgimage-6.jpg

#3172 9 years ago

Advancing through the different ports looks fun and challenging. Let us know how you like the gameplay when it is up and running.

#3173 9 years ago

Will do Stashyboy! The other thing about this machine that grabbed my attention is the arrangement of out lanes.

image-7.jpgimage-7.jpg

#3174 9 years ago

Looks brutal. Just how you like them. I bet it will give Big Daddy a run for the money.

#3175 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Looks brutal. Just how you like them. I bet it will give Big Daddy a run for the money.

I'll probably put this one on three ball play as well.

#3176 9 years ago

Oh, and thanks Alex for hooking me up with the backglass.

#3177 9 years ago

Credit goes to Chaz on that. He's the one who rallied to have it reproduced. Fortunately he had a spare.

#3178 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Credit goes to Chaz on that. He's the one who rallied to have it reproduced. Fortunately he had a spare.

No doubt! Chaz is the man! But without you, I wouldn't have known about it. Thanks to both of you, and I will thank the postal company when it arrives unscathed.

#3179 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No doubt! Chaz is the man! But without you, I wouldn't have known about it. Thanks to both of you, and I will thank the postal company when it arrives unscathed.

Who repro'd "Trade Winds" bg? I got one recently from Shay. I thought it was his last one. It's not listed on his website either. I asked him if he knew where I could get one, and he told me he had one left.

#3180 9 years ago

Shay did, Chaz was the guy that started the petition to get it done. He had a spare one for sale. Now it sounds like there are none anywhere and I haven't found my Trade Winds yet? Ah well, so it goes.

#3181 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Shay did, Chaz was the guy that started the petition to get it done. He had a spare one for sale. Now it sounds like there are none anywhere and I haven't found my Trade Winds yet? Ah well, so it goes.

I wonder why it wasn't on Shay's website. How long ago did he do it? Now I'm really glad I was able to get one!
BTW- who is Chaz?

#3182 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

BTW- who is Chaz?

just a nice guy.

#3183 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I wonder why it wasn't on Shay's website. How long ago did he do it? Now I'm really glad I was able to get one!
BTW- who is Chaz?

I don't think Shay lists a lot of the smaller runs that get done. Not to mention the website isn't the most up to date from what I understand.

#3184 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

At this point I'll take what I can get! Trade Winds has a couple of mates as well. Actually one, but she is purty enough for me. Look at those slings.

Wow that looks just a terrific pf o-din with a great set of rules. I must try and play a Trade Winds some time but not sighted one over here.

image-6.jpg 149 KB

#3185 9 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

Wow that looks just a terrific pf o-din with a great set of rules. I must try and play a Trade Winds some time but not sighted one over here.

Not many sighted over here either. When I first saw one on craigslist many moons ago I thought the backglass art was a little plain and it didn't really grab my attention, but upon further revue after looking at the layout, I knew I wanted one. I bet that backglass will actually look great once it is all lit up.

#3186 9 years ago

i have a chicago coin pony express and i have a a lot of it going but there is a circuit board with rivits on it that tells where the rifle is shooting how do i line it up where it`s hitting the right tirget.

#3188 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I thought the backglass art was a little plain and it didn't really grab my attention...

Yup. Just one guy, alone on a sailboat, perhaps pondering why he is alone, and in fact giving a graphic indication with his fingers of just why that might be!

#3189 9 years ago

He may not be alone. You can only see him from the waist up. And he is grinning.

#3190 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

If I didn't already own a Majorettes I'd be looking hard at this one.
ebay.com link

The seller did well on this. Had it originally listed with a $1K buy it now and ended up over $1600.

#3191 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

The seller did well on this. Had it originally listed with a $1K buy it now and ended up over $1600.

There was a Majorettes on Mr. Pinball Classifieds recently too.......

#3192 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

There was a Majorettes on Mr. Pinball Classifieds recently too.......

Yeah, that's Clay's game. A different one and priced fairly.

#3193 9 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I bought a nice Gottlieb coin box from her for considerably less than that . . . but it was early 70's vintage, not 1950s. Most of her auctions are quite reasonable. It's just the occasional one like that restored Gypsy Queen at $6500 that really grabs your attention.

$6500?? Wow. I have a Gypsy Queen and love it. It's a great piece of history, but $6500, that's sky high... Did she sell it for that?

#3194 9 years ago
Quoted from dphelps:

$6500?? Wow. I have a Gypsy Queen and love it. It's a great piece of history, but $6500, that's sky high... Did she sell it for that?

I think it was actually $7200 as the final ebay auction price. Can't really explain it though; very much an anomaly for that title.

#3195 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I think it was actually $7200 as the final ebay auction price. Can't really explain it though; very much an anomaly for that title.

Isn't the theory that some people help pay for her college fees by spending big on the auctions? Kind of like a charity auction?

#3197 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I'll probably put this one on three ball play as well.

Congrats on Trade Winds! Still my favorite, despite its growing competition in my collection. 3 ball makes this a different game entirely, its difficult to achieve things as it is on 5 ball. I fooled around with it for a bit on 3 ball when I first got it, as the previous owner had a score sheet with his families top scores on both 3 and 5 ball play that he left inside the game. That led me to believe there was something in the 3 ball setup that added to the challenge. It however remains on 5 ball here. Let me know your opinion when you get it together, Id be curious to know your feelings.

#3198 9 years ago
Quoted from PhilC:

Congrats on Trade Winds! Still my favorite, despite its growing competition in my collection.

Thanks Phil. Your comments and pics about this game in the show us thread are part of what convinced me to seek one out. And with a collection like yours, I'm guessing it is a pretty good player.

#3200 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

$10,000 ? ebay.com link » Flying Turns Pinball Machine Rare Game W Race Car Backbox Animation Restore

..and just 4 pics!!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
$ 20.00
Various Novelties
GC Pinball
Various novelties
$ 13.49
Electronics
Troxel Repair
Electronics
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,638 posts in this topic. You are on page 64 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.