(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 133.
#2951 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Williams Add-A-Ball.
Price is right for $150.00 start bid with no reserve.
ebay.com link » Williams Granada Pinball Machine
Ken

Winning bid:US $150.00
[ 1 bid ]

#2952 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

This one really is an EM classic!
ebay.com link » 1958 Williams Gusher Electro Mechanical Em Woodrail Flipper Pinball Machine 157
Too bad the backglass has some issues near the top, otherwise, would be worthy of a restoration. has anyone played one? Starting price seems a bit high, only 12 hours to go on this one....

I don't think the price is out of line. It needs a little attention but is one of the most collectible Williams woodrails.

#2953 9 years ago

Somewhere in my backyard.......... too bad its not and 'Eight ball'.

#2954 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

He's got a few other machines and a couple are listed with free shipping

ebay.com link » 1959 Gottlieb Hi Diver Pinball Machine 8 Free Shipping

ebay.com link » 1964 Gottlieb World Fair Pinball Machine Arcade Free Shipping

Is that a fair price for a Worlds Fair???? I have one and if I sold it I would have no idea what to price it at. Any input?

#2955 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I have one and if I sold it I would have no idea what to price it at. Any input?

$200. Do you take Paypal?

#2956 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

$200. Do you take Paypal?

Ha! Should have figured that was going to be the response.

#2957 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

Is that a fair price for a Worlds Fair???? I have one and if I sold it I would have no idea what to price it at. Any input?

2014 MPC price guide - $800 in very good condition working
Eric's 9th edition price guide - $500, $925, $1400

Also check bostonpinball.biz - go to ebay sales summary and scroll down to your game

Location affects price too........

#2958 9 years ago

double post

#2959 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

2014 MPC price guide - $800 in very good condition working
Eric's 9th edition price guide - $500, $925, $1400

Also check bostonpinball.biz - go to ebay sales summary and scroll down to your game

Thank you very much!

#2960 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Tell me about it. For Germany you can switch out the dollar sign with a euro one and might still go up.

Seeing a super nice Harlem Globetrotters go for $500 at the Expo feels like a punch in the kidneys.

#2961 9 years ago

This is tempting, if I could get it for $150. New glass and plastics are available...

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Royal Flush Pinball Machine

#2962 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

This is tempting, if I could get it for $150. New glass and plastics are available...
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Royal Flush Pinball Machine

Good luck in your bidding.

#2963 9 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Good luck in your bidding.

Already outbid, but that's OK. I'm not sure I want to know what a "slavepet" is.

#2964 9 years ago

This one is so nice, they figured we would be happy to see just a picture of a box.

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Restored Lady Robin Hood 1948

#2965 9 years ago

It's all ready for shipment...

#2966 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This one is so nice, they figured we would be happy to see just a picture of a box.
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Restored Lady Robin Hood 1948

Also I hope it looks better than how they log jam typed their description.

This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

#2967 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Also I hope it looks better than how they log jam typed their description.
This listing was ended by the seller because there was an error in the listing.

Or because "the item is no longer available" . . . which is usually a deflective statement whose true meaning is that some private deal was worked out OFF-eBay, even though flagrantly contrary to the User Agreement both Seller and registered Buyer have pledged to obey.

#2969 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Ooh, Dragonette. Drool…
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Dragonette Pinball Machine

Ooh $3K. Sigh....

#2970 9 years ago

I know but if you could get it for $2500 your probably did alright. Averages $2826 on Boston pinball. Aside from Mermaid, it may be the most collectible Gottlieb wood rail.

#2971 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ooh $3K. Sigh....

and few pics and even less info about machine......

#2972 9 years ago

Yeah, 0 feedback too. I guess I was just excited to see a Dragonette.

#2973 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Yeah, 0 feedback too. I guess I was just excited to see a Dragonette.

Come visit.

#2974 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I know but if you could get it for $2500 your probably did alright. Averages $2826 on Boston pinball. Aside from Mermaid, it may be the most collectible Gottlieb wood rail.

You may be right. "4 Belles" with the same playfield layout is tougher to find, but "Dragonette" is a better looking game IMHO.

#2975 9 years ago

Hmm. Just thinking about what you said. Yeah, "Mermaid" is the holy grail woodrail for sure. I'm wondering what would be next and what would be the top 10. You're probably right about "Dragonette" being #2. You might consider "Daisy May" for that spot though; it has to be at least #3.
"Hawaiian Beauty", "Bank a Ball", "Marble Queen", "Green Pastures", "Queen of Hearts", and.... I'm sure I'm leaving out a prominent collectable Gottlieb woodrail or two, would surely make the top 10 list.

#2976 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

You may be right. "4 Belles" with the same playfield layout is tougher to find, but "Dragonette" is a better looking game IMHO.

How does it play? Kind of looks like it plays itself with all the trap holes.

#2977 9 years ago

Trap hole games are more fun than one might imagine at first glance. Granted, the gameplay is rather short, but the strategy can be addicting. I played a very nice Gottlieb "Chinatown" at the York show. It was plenty entertaining, despite being a trap hole game with no other way to lose the ball.

#2978 9 years ago

I guess Knockout would be a top 10 woodrail but you see that one for sale quite a bit. I am not sure where Niagra would fall in the list but I would love one.

#2979 9 years ago

2014 Mr Pinball Price Guide has the top 5 50's games in this order:

Mermaid
Knock Out
Dragonette
Minstrel Man
Niagra

Erics 9th Edition Pinball Price Guide lists these top 10 woodrails:

Mermaid
Buffalo Bill
Knock Out
Dragoneete
Ministrel Man
Nags
Sluggin champ Deluxe
Niagra
Hot-Rods
4-Belles

These lists are based upon the editor's opinion of values of each game.......

#2980 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

2014 Mr Pinball Price Guide has the top 5 50's games in this order:
Mermaid
Knock Out
Dragonette
Minstrel Man
Niagra
Erics 9th Edition Pinball Price Guide lists these top 10 woodrails:
Mermaid
Buffalo Bill
Knock Out
Dragoneete
Ministrel Man
Nags
Sluggin champ Deluxe
Niagra
Hot-Rods
4-Belles
These lists are based upon the editors opinion of values of each game.......

I'm not sure about this, and could be wrong, but I thought I'd seen a Minstrel Man turning up periodically on the L.A. CL. If so, it could well have been the same one, which never sold.

#2981 9 years ago

I know I said the last price reduction was the last but I purchased a Jukebox (a sweet jukebox) so I need the space. United "Mexico" Flipperless woodrail Gorgeous, only $399 (OBO)
ebay.com link: itm
Make an offer. It really is surprisingly a lot of fun.

IMG_3944.JPGIMG_3944.JPG
#2982 9 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I know I said the last price reduction was the last but I purchased a Jukebox (a sweet jukebox) so I need the space. United "Mexico" Flipperless woodrail Gorgeous, only $399 (OBO)
ebay.com link
Make an offer. It really is surprisingly a lot of fun.

IMG_3944.JPG 208 KB

Do you deliver? GLWS

#2983 9 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Do you deliver? GLWS

Within 60 miles, sure. 50 cents a mile

#2984 9 years ago

I just don't know enough about the earlier pin history, and therefore these questions.

I've seen the manual ball load on Slick Chick (and others -- Central Park ?), and even an earlier manual ball load on one that I think was not electric, so it would not even be classed as an EM. The pins that had multiple trap holes -- as mentioned recently in this thread -- sound as if they likely were pre-electric. I'm wondering how the game play proceeded, with the flipperless or trap hole games ? Pitch of the pf and gravity must have been an important factor. Was there a sheet of plywood or something that you moved at game end, to free balls from the trap holes ?

Someone mentioned a smaller ramp that appeared much earlier in a game than I had realized.
They must have come up with some rather ingenious design touches, in the days before EMs.

[Not referring to the "Mexico" re pre-electric, obviously. I see the lights.]

#2985 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I guess Knockout would be a top 10 woodrail but you see that one for sale quite a bit. I am not sure where Niagra would fall in the list but I would love one.

I forgot about "Niagara" (which everyone always misspells).
In my opinion, the top 10 woodrails are as follows:
I'm only listing Gottlieb woodrails for this particular discussion.
1. "Mermaid"
2. "Daisy May"
3. "Dragonette"
4. "Lady Luck"
5. "Knock-Out"
6. "Queen of Hearts"
7. "Hawaiian Beauty"
8. "Marble Queen"
9. "Niagara"
10."Minstrel Man"
This is pretty much off the top of my head based on the buzz I hear and have been hearing the last few years. I guess I'm basing my list on several factors, including scarcity and value.
I've probably neglected a major game or two. I'd love to see your list/ranking.
"4-Belles" may be in that list too, but it's very similar to "Dragonette". It's a very short production game though. There's just too many great woodrails. I recently acquired a "Frontiersman" which could be on the top 10 list as well.

#2986 9 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I just don't know enough about the earlier pin history, and therefore these questions.
I've seen the manual ball load on Slick Chick (and others -- Central Park ?), and even an earlier manual ball load on one that I think was not electric, so it would not even be classed as an EM. The pins that had multiple trap holes -- as mentioned recently in this thread -- sound as if they likely were pre-electric. I'm wondering how the game play proceeded, with the flipperless or trap hole games ? Pitch of the pf and gravity must have been an important factor. Was there a sheet of plywood or something that you moved at game end, to free balls from the trap holes ?
Someone mentioned a smaller ramp that appeared much earlier in a game than I had realized.
They must have come up with some rather ingenious design touches, in the days before EMs.
[Not referring to the "Mexico" re pre-electric, obviously. I see the lights.]

A lot of early games did have a "shutter" that would slide out of the way to drop the balls. In those earlier years, it was easy since you had a push slide coin mech. When they went to coin drop, they had to add a shutter motor to slide it out of the way.

BTW, the manual ball lift also allowed you to play up to 5 ball multi-ball if you wanted.

#2987 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

1. "Mermaid"
2. "Daisy May"
3. "Dragonette"
4. "Lady Luck"
5. "Knock-Out"
6. "Queen of Hearts"
7. "Hawaiian Beauty"
8. "Marble Queen"
9. "Niagara"
10."Minstrel Man"
This is pretty much off the top of my head based on the buzz I hear and have been hearing the last few years. I guess I'm basing my list on several factors, including scarcity and value.
"4-Belles" may be in that list too, but it's very similar to "Dragonette". It's a very short production game though. There's just too many great woodrails. I recently acquired a "Frontiersman" which could be on the top 10 list as well.

Derby Day has to be up there! (since its the only one I have! )

#2988 9 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Or because "the item is no longer available" . . . which is usually a deflective statement whose true meaning is that some private deal was worked out OFF-eBay, even though flagrantly contrary to the User Agreement both Seller and registered Buyer have pledged to obey.

Ooooooooh...The eBay police might come get you. We "pledged" to obey.'

Who gives a shit?

#2989 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

1. "Mermaid"
2. "Daisy May"
3. "Dragonette"
4. "Lady Luck"
5. "Knock-Out"
6. "Queen of Hearts"
7. "Hawaiian Beauty"
8. "Marble Queen"
9. "Niagara"
10."Minstrel Man"

Would add Mystic Marvel and from what I hear Glamor 1950. Only 300 made, and think they get north of $10k - so I was told! Could be way off base.

#2990 9 years ago

I'm liking this one.....A great title at a really good price. Seems to be in nice shape

ebay.com link: Star Explorer PinBall Machine

#2991 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

I'm liking this one.....A great title at a really good price. Seems to be in nice shape

ebay.com link » Star Explorer Pinball Machine

#2992 9 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

ebay.com link » Star Explorer Pinball Machine

Go for it!!

#2993 9 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

Ooooooooh...The eBay police might come get you. We "pledged" to obey.'
Who gives a shit?

#2994 9 years ago

LOL poppapin. I thought about offering him more than asking, just to ensure that I'd get it.

Actually, It's a SS game, so this is the wrong forum. I see those games all the time on CL, they must have sold tons of em, and people are always asking silly prices.

#2995 9 years ago

I would think Grand Slam deserves to be on any top 10 woodrail list.

Minstrel Man has interesting (although certainly not politically correct) artwork, but is it anywhere near a top 10 machine for playability?

Quoted from Shapeshifter:

1. "Mermaid"
2. "Daisy May"
3. "Dragonette"
4. "Lady Luck"
5. "Knock-Out"
6. "Queen of Hearts"
7. "Hawaiian Beauty"
8. "Marble Queen"
9. "Niagara"
10."Minstrel Man"

#2996 9 years ago

It will be interesting to see what the final bid does for this one.......has the title popularity peaked?
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Atlantis Pinball Machine

#2997 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

It will be interesting to see what the final bid does for this one.......has the title popularity peaked?
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Atlantis Pinball Machine

Well he's trying to sell it for $2100 here on Pinside: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/gottlieb-atlantis-fs-or-trade

#2998 9 years ago

And may already be sold for an offer I cant refuse. I keep you posted

#2999 9 years ago
Quoted from Spanishsilver:

Wow! That makes my fully restored game with the same condition field/glass worth at least twice that!

#3000 9 years ago
Quoted from Spanishsilver:

It's gone. Too bad I'm broke now or I would have bought it from you.

Ken

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 60 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/60 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.