(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 133.
#2401 9 years ago

"JJ" is a great player and nice looking too. I have the replay version "3 Coins".

#2402 9 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I have the replay version "3 Coins"

That is one that I would like to find. It is not only an attractive game, it was released the same month I was born. A few days after. When the stars properly align, I hope to find one. With any luck at all.

#2403 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That is one that I would like to find. It is not only an attractive game, it was released the same month I was born. A few days after. When the stars properly align, I hope to find one. With any luck at all.

I have to agree that 1962 was a good year to be born.

Ken

#2404 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I have to agree that 1962 was a good year to be born.

Well it makes us younger than some and older than many. But I think it suits us just fine.

#2405 9 years ago

Nice project for $147.22 start bid. BIN is $598.59.

ebay.com link: 1976 Gottlieb Pioneer Pinball Machine Project

Ken

#2406 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That is one that I would like to find. It is not only an attractive game, it was released the same month I was born. A few days after.

OK o-din, you win, your older than me as my birthday is in November.

Ken

#2407 9 years ago

Being that he lives within 5-10 miles of me I would like to play Majorettes.

#2408 9 years ago

Wow! The Playfield on this one looks very nice! Backglass is pretty nice too.

$349.99 start bid or BIN for $499.99!

ebay.com link: 1963 Gottlieb Flying Chariots 2 Player Pinball Machine Sold as is

Ken

#2409 9 years ago

Not a bad deal (esp for Cali!)
ebay.com link: 1973 Gottliebs KING PIN Bowling Game Pinball Machine
Just needs some fresh metal on the front....

#2410 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

ebay.com link » 1973 Gottliebs King Pin Bowling Game Pinball Machine

I got excited there for a minute, but that damage on the left side of the cab ruins it for me.

#2411 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I got excited there for a minute, but that damage on the left side of the cab ruins it for me.

As far as King Pins go, this is a very nice example. As far as Gottlieb EMs go, it's still above average on the key pieces. Still has the original paperwork envelope, the cash box with the plastic inserts, and looks to be a low play example (seems like the meter is below 70K plays?).

The bit of rash on the left side of the cab is mainly in the blue and red, and would be reasonable to discretely touch up and blend in.

The rest of the stuff can be dealt with.

I think this one would restore nicely.

#2412 9 years ago

King Pin is a fun game. The artwork is on par with any bowling-themed game. Love those resetting drop targets and that alternating spot for either a higher score or special. Another one I wish I had kept

#2413 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

I think you might reconsider! That looks quite nice from here. Fun game as well.

#2414 9 years ago

I agree that king pin is above average, shay is doing the BG soon
I sold one a while back and really missed it so I got another it's that good

#2415 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

shay is doing the BG soon

Did miss something in the ad? The one I linked, that folks are giving positive reviews, looks like a great glass. The reds in the girl's dress, and the title letters are what usually flake on King Pin. Maybe you were just promoting the title in general......?

Quoted from RobT:but that damage on the left side of the cab ruins it for me.

That damage is pretty minor in the bigger picture IMO. Typical leg bolt damage from a game next this one likely. I would still give the cabinet an 8+ or even 9, judging by the other 95% being fully intact.

#2416 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Wow! The Playfield on this one looks very nice! Backglass is pretty nice too.

$349.99 start bid or BIN for $499.99!

ebay.com link » 1963 Gottlieb Flying Chariots 2 Player Pinball Machine Sold As Is

Ken

SOLD! Someone paid the BIN price. Anyone here?

Ken

#2417 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Did miss something in the ad? The one I linked, that folks are giving positive reviews, looks like a great glass. The reds in the girl's dress, and the title letters are what usually flake on King Pin. Maybe you were just promoting the title in general......?

only the front can be seen, but look good from what I could see.
this title is notorious for having flaking, so I thought people that do have it would like to know repop is coming

#2418 9 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Some very nice woodrails.
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Dancing Dolls Woodrail Pinball Machine 1958 Great Condition
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Lightning Ball Woodrail Pinball Machine 1957 Great Condition
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Chinatown Woodrail Pinball Machine 1953 Great Condition

I bought my World Series from that gentleman many years ago. Which of these is the "best" for somebody with no woodrails? Lightning Ball looks fun.

#2419 9 years ago

But does Mr. Spock approve?

For a $300.00 start bid with no reserve he should! BIN $800.00

ebay.com link: 1977 Vulcan Pinball Machine

Ken

#2420 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I bought my World Series from that gentleman many years ago. Which of these is the "best" for somebody with no woodrails? Lightning Ball looks fun.

All three are good machines. If you're going to get just one, then Lightning Ball would be my pick. The gobble holes are ruthless, but the blue, green, yellow bank shots to advance Lightning Ball are a lot of fun.

#2421 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I'd probably rank them as:
Lightning Ball
Dancing Dolls
Chinatown

Lightning Ball is cool with the backbox animation (rotating disc), and unlike a lot of the Gottliebs from that time period, it doesn't have a Roto Target on the playfield. Does have a neat bank shot setup where you can send the ball around the sides (follow the lightning bolts).

Dancing Dolls is neat though, with the backbox animation of 'dancing dolls' (done by projecting two shadows of one small metal 'doll' in the backbox to make it appear like two). Last game with bulb scoring too.

Chinatown has trap holes, so the flow is much different.

#2422 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Unfortunately I am not a woodrail guy. I do like Knockout from 1950 but it is an exceptional machine. It is what most people consider a holy grail of woodrails.

#2424 9 years ago

Here's a Hot Tip!

This has the usual wear around the Kickout holes but the Playfield looks real nice in general. A few paint touch ups and there you go!

$450.00 start bid or BIN for $585.00

ebay.com link: Williams Hot Tip Pinball Machine

Ken

#2425 9 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

ebay.com link » 1973 Gottliebs King Pin Bowling Game Pinball Machine

I did not see the link at the time you posted it. If this is the same table

ebay.com link: 1973 Gottliebs KING PIN Bowling Game Pinball Machine /

it must have gotten re-listed (?)

#2426 9 years ago

AZTEC!

$99.00 start bid with no reserve or BIN for $400.00!

ebay.com link: Aztec pinball machine

Ken

#2427 9 years ago

A Mayfair with a super nice Playfield and Backglass!

This won't last long.

$399.00 start bid or BIN for $549.99!

ebay.com link: MAYFAIR Gottlieb 1966 2 Player Pinball Machine Works well may need minor work

Ken

#2428 9 years ago

Nice. I thought I'd seen those photos before when I saw the box full of chrome legs behind it.
Edit: here's the thread I was thinking of :- https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-gtb-mayfair
but it's a different machine it seems.

#2429 9 years ago

An ACD for $500.00 BIN!

This will be gone shortly.

ebay.com link: vintage 1970s pinball machine Abra Ca Dabra fully funtional

Ken

#2430 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

An ACD for $500.00 BIN!
ebay.com link » Vintage 1970s Pinball Machine Abra Ca Dabra Fully Funtional
Ken

looks to be in great shape from what I can see

#2431 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

looks to be in great shape from what I can see

Hard to tell from the initial pictures but it seems like it, if I wanted one and for $500.00 I would not wait for the guy to send me more pictures, I would just BIN before it was gone.

Ken

#2432 9 years ago

That one was listed before. And as I recall, for a very reasonable price. Couldn't understand why it didn't sell (are there no EM collectors in NY?). Now, its listed again with a starting bid of $11.49 and no bids. What's up?

It would have been gone in 1 hour in Calif.

#2433 9 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

That one was listed before. And as I recall, for a very reasonable price. Couldn't understand why it didn't sell (are there no EM collectors in NY?). Now, its listed again with a starting bid of $11.49 and no bids. What's up?
It would have been gone in 1 hour in Calif.

Zero feedback seller is what's up.

#2434 9 years ago

Nice Gottlieb Ice Revue project

$499.00 start bid with no reserve.

ebay.com link: 1965 Gottlieb Ice Revue Pinball Machine One Player

Ken

#2435 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

An ACD for $500.00 BIN!

ebay.com link » Vintage 1970s Pinball Machine Abra Ca Dabra Fully Funtional

Ken

BIN is gone.

Bidding has started at $11.49 with 1 bid and no reserve.

Ken

#2436 9 years ago

At the rate of attention this ACD is getting he might nab it for $11.49

Probably this reason:

#2437 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Nice Gottlieb Ice Revue project
$499.00 start bid with no reserve.
ebay.com link » 1965 Gottlieb Ice Revue Pinball Machine One Player
Ken

Good looking back glass, field decent, cabinet looks kinda beat.....

#2438 9 years ago

That Abra is the first time I can say "Wish it was closer".

Are we taking guesses on final high bid? ($376.55)

#2439 9 years ago

I contacted the seller to see if I can inspect the game. I live close to Piermont NY. He said that he's in Manhattan and the game is in storage in Cape Cod, He'll get back to me in two weeks. The auction is up in 5 days.

Seems a bit odd.

#2440 9 years ago

anything under 400 is a great deal IMO

#2441 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Zero feedback seller is what's up.

And 'Local Pickup Only' always narrows the field, sometimes a lot, but on *this* title . . . ?

ePay has a Buyer Protection policy now (which I've fortunately never had to put to the test, even though I've bought a couple tables there), but disputes are still very worth avoiding, since they often lead to nasty exchanges that can sully your rating as a buyer or seller. Best way to avoid that is to be choosy about who you do business with. But when a rare item comes up and there is zero or very low f/b involved (from either side), you may have to reconsider this.

#2442 9 years ago

Exactly,

When he says local pick up, but the machine is 250 miles away from the listing and it's in storage? When were the pics taken? Are they of the actually game being sold? And the seller is in neither location? And he can show me the game a week after the auction ends? And he has 0 ratings, even my wife has more than that!

It may be a fake, but I don't see how it would benefit the seller. It just feels fishy to me. Still, I'd like to pick it up.

Also, the "It's in Cape Cod" thing actually sounds a bit familiar to me from another auction a few years back, but I could be mistaken.

#2443 9 years ago

Ah,

I take some of that back. The pics are from a storage facility.

#2444 9 years ago

Which may be why someone posted earlier "selling a game he doesn't really have."

Quoted from DropTarget:

It may be a fake, but I don't see how it would benefit the seller. It just feels fishy to me. Still, I'd like to pick it up.

If you do get it, please give us a report.

I'm a bit put off now re this title, due to the mention of MDF used in the manufacture (how much, and exactly WHERE ?), rather than standard plywood. Particle board is fragile **crap**, which can crumble to dust. I've always avoided buying any furniture that contained it. If any of you restore Abra Ca Dabras, do you try to replace that "wood" content ?

#2445 9 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

I'm a bit put off now re this title, due to the mention of MDF used in the manufacture (how much, and exactly WHERE ?), rather than standard plywood. Particle board is fragile **crap**, which can crumble to dust. I've always avoided buying any furniture that contained it. If any of you restore Abra Ca Dabras, do you try to replace that "wood" content ?

If you are speaking of composite playfields (MDF but not Particle Board), they typically only showed up on Sample games (first 100 or so) and only for a few models in the late 70's. Apparently, it was a test program that failed since we never saw them again.

They are easily recognized as the areas that were typically left bare (exposed wood grain) are instead covered with artwork (either white or some other color). Just look at the ball shooter or area around the flippers. Its a dead give away that they were covering something up (the lack of true wood grain).

Oddly enough, the Jacks Open I just shopped out that does have a composite playfield in probably in better shape than many of its plywood counterparts. It has over 95,000 plays and only has a little wear at the ball shooter arch (where you would often find a groove worn into the wood). The only drawback as I mentioned elsewhere was that some of the screw holes were stripped out. But wood glue and hardwood toothpicks took care of that just fine. Its not like I haven't had to do that to other plywood playfields because I have many of times. I am thinking that if they had considered using T-Nuts back then, they might have continued using the MDF.

So, I really wouldn't let that stop you from picking up a nice condition title just because it was one of those composite playfields. I would rather have this one than one that had wood showing or was badly planked due to the wood grain coming through the art. I think the list only includes: Big Hit, Volley, Jacks Open.

#2446 9 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Don't be put off by this minor problem with Abra Ca Dabra. I think dirtflipper was referring to the compositie panel at the back of the base cabinet. If you stand the base up vertically, then of course the game rests on this panel (although there's supposed to be 4 furniture nail buttons which are missing a lot). In a wet environment that panel disintegrates pretty fast. I moved an Abra once several years ago and I'm pretty careful moving games and a small 1" piece chipped out on the bottom lip of that panel because it was composite.

If the game has stayed dry in it's life chances are you won't have any problems. You just have to be a little more careful moving. I wouldn't replace that panel unless it was damaged/had got wet.

Definitely one off the better titles to buy that are out there. In my top 5 of 70's em's.

#2447 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Definitely one off the better titles to buy that are out there. In my top 5 of 70's em's.

And it's definitely one of the wedgeheads that totally changed my mind about Gottlieb EMs and single-player tables, once I played it. At 2800 made, that's more of them that were around than some of the other sought after 70's wedgeheads.

The few Volleys I've seen have been in surprisingly good condition . . . but then, collectors had 'em.

Finally got the chance to see and play a Slick Chick recently. This one's really old school EM, with quite a bit more going on than a casual glance or a few plays are apt to reveal. Not sure if it lives up to all the hype though. Maybe.

#2448 9 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

The few Volleys I've seen have been in surprisingly good condition

Surprisingly good game - this game is easier to find than Abra or Slick Chick

Finally got the chance to see and play a Slick Chick recently. This one's really old school EM, with quite a bit more going on than a casual glance or a few plays are apt to reveal. Not sure if it lives up to all the hype though. Maybe.

Don't give up on Slick Chick just yet. Have you been to the Slick Chick thread on this group? Very sought-after game. From what I hear, It's one of those games that you get so close to beating it but can't. So, you keep coming back for another........I need to shop mine someday

#2449 9 years ago

Gottlieb Mustang.

$200.00 start bid with no reserve!

ebay.com link: Mustang Pinball Machine

Ken

#2450 9 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Gottlieb Mustang.
$200.00 start bid with no reserve!
ebay.com link » Mustang Pinball Machine
Ken

That playfield looks...distant.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/49 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.