(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 133.
#1901 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

ebay.com link » Professionally Restored 1972 Williams Spanish Eyes Pinball Machine

Original high scores from the early 1970's engraved on side panel of back glass (Preserved during restoration).

Mmmmm, preserved defacement.

#1902 10 years ago

There always seems to be a Spanish Eyes on CL no matter where you look.

#1903 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

You can put lipstick on a pig and it will still be a pig.

Awe c'mon Rat I remember not too long ago you said you weren't into 2" flipper games or ones without inlanes. What's your favorite now? One day you may play Spanish Eyes and it will grow on you too.

Or maybe you meant Bob Borden games?

#1904 10 years ago

I suddenly hurt below the belt buckle.

#1905 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

You can put lipstick on a pig and it will still be a pig.

yes, but some of us like Pork!

#1906 10 years ago

I bought a Spanish Eyes in fair condition. Went with slightly stronger flipper coils, total rebuild on the pops including bodies, caps, skirts and switches. Everything worked but still I removed the lower mech. board, removed all relays and sanded and re stained the board then cleaned every relay before mounting them to the board. Every playfield lamp socked was replaced. Backglass was a 9.5 when I got it. I touched up the cabinet and playfield a little bit. I replaced the knocker assy. with a 5" gong bell, assy. designed by me. Lastly, I replaced the single chime with a bell in the backbox. A few non stock mods here but I can tell you this game plays VERY fast and sounds great. Spanish Eyes is just plain fun to play with that pop down by the flippers. John

#1907 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I suddenly hurt below the belt buckle.

Nah, all in fun. After I wrote it though I went to bed and was thinking, I hope he doesn't take that wrong.

#1908 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I'm one of a minority who likes this game, but seriously?
ebay.com link » Professionally Restored 1972 Williams Spanish Eyes Pinball Machine

well, the original high scores WERE preserved as part of the "restoration", so that has gotta be worth a few extra bucks...

#1910 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb High Hand Pinball Machine

Nice High Hand.

I took a look twice at that one myself and was thinking.....hummmm......

but not on the Wishlist, oh well.

Ken

#1911 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It may have been illegal in LA, but not down here in Orange County. I started playing a few years before you, and I would try just about any machine that was out there. Most of the machines around here were the newer Bally's and Williams, with a few Gottliebs here and there. I never noticed the older machines worn out, but I did notice that they would end a game on a tilt. The older games were a bit cheaper to play, but it seemed they took the money just as fast.

O-Din - I grew up in Orange County - lived in Cypress from 1962 until the late 80's and remember going to the Pike in Long Beach before they shut it down in the mid-70;s. There were many arcades at the Pike full of wood rails and other 50's and 60's games. I believe even into the 70's most of these machines were a nickle. I've always wondered what happend to all those classic machines when they "redeveloped" the PIke.

#1912 10 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

the Pike in Long Beach

When you mention the Pike and woodrails, I can't help but remembering the Cyclone Racer. I'll be darned that I never got to ride that thing! But my mom did. And she told me it was one rickety sled.
2b2c47f4219f7c9faef7cc2cbf7ca3b8.jpg2b2c47f4219f7c9faef7cc2cbf7ca3b8.jpg

#1913 10 years ago

I did get to ride the cyclone once. I remember my father lost his eyeglasses on it. For some reason I think the price was .75. They don't make them like this anymore!

#1914 10 years ago
Quoted from alb0711:

I did get to ride the cyclone once. I remember my father lost his eyeglasses on it. For some reason I think the price was .75. They don't make them like this anymore!

While I was doing my search, I found this pic also. Kind of surreal.
p1153.jpgp1153.jpg

#1915 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When you mention the Pike and woodrails, I can't help but remembering the Cyclone Racer. I'll be darned that I never got to ride that thing! But my mom did. And she told me it was one rickety sled.

2b2c47f4219f7c9faef7cc2cbf7ca3b8... 65 KB

now THAT is a roller coaster!

#1916 10 years ago

we have a nice wooden coaster here in vancouver ... doesn't look like much but is WAAAY more thrilling than the newer ones in my opinion

when i road it i thought for sure i was going to get tossed from the simple seat

they really come to life with the old wooden structure etc etc ...

#1917 10 years ago

You couldnt make me get on a roller coaster...

but i do other stupid daredevil shit that most of you guys probably wouldnt...

i never said i was smart though LOL

#1918 10 years ago

Hi Manitouguy, I just noticed your avatar. I've played your Lunker game, and played it again just now to remind me.
You did a pretty good conversion job on it. Cheers

#1919 10 years ago

Nice game & fun project.

$150.00 start bid/ no reserve.

ebay.com link: 1959 ATLAS Gottlieb Pinball Machine

Ken

#1922 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Same seller.

ebay.com link » 7 Wood Rail Pinball Machines Mystic Marvel Cinderella Minstrel Man College Daze

Nice assortment.

Ken

#1923 10 years ago

Here's one you don't see pop up often.

Price is on the high side though.

ebay.com link: SPEAKEASY PINBALL MACHINE HUO EXTREMELY NICE We Will Ship No Reserve

Ken

#1924 10 years ago

Now for a Cheap pinball machine.

$20.00 start bid/no reserve

ebay.com link: 1978 Take Five Pinball Machine Not Working But Fixable

Ken

#1925 10 years ago

Cool little machine. Cheap alright. (so far) Pity Minnesota is so far away...

#1926 10 years ago

This shit cracks me up! Someone is selling their crusty / nasty 40-50 year old used #44 bulbs. There are 1400 of them.
ebay.com link: bally williams gottlieb pinball parts pinball pinball machine 44 bulbs

#1927 10 years ago

A waaaaaaay overpriced Vs Condition 1950 Gottlieb Knock Out. For 6900 dollars it would have to look like it came out of the box as a true survivor. The playfield on this one is a 7 out of 10 on a good day. Faded playfield and planking. If it had a Wade Krauss playfield then yeah I could see it fetching close to 6900.

ebay.com link: 1950 Gottlieb Knock Out EM woodrail pinball machine Works perfectly

#1928 10 years ago

i want this... and it IS an em...

ebay.com link: Watling Lollipop Scale

image-585.jpgimage-585.jpg

#1929 10 years ago

Lollipop scales are cool. I think that qualifies as a PM though (pure mechanical).

#1930 10 years ago

sega sand buggy em driving game...

oh man.... < drool >

ebay.com link: 1972 Sega Sand Buggy

image-834.jpgimage-834.jpg

#1932 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Lollipop scales are cool. I think that qualifies as a PM though (pure mechanical).

yea, good point...

#1933 10 years ago

Another page of scales he has for sale:

http://www.coinopwarehouse.com/category-s/1855.htm

#1934 10 years ago

wicked cool!

this thing is gorgeous...

image-652.jpgimage-652.jpg

#1935 10 years ago

if someone was to purchase the "knock out" above (or a different one, ftm), they NEED this to go next to it...

old skool punching bag game... this is WAY cool....

ebay.com link: MUTOSCOPE ARCADE PUNCHING BAG W O W

image-248.jpgimage-248.jpg

image-727.jpgimage-727.jpg

#1936 10 years ago

Ooh, I love those. A couple years back I knew where one was at an antique shop for a great price. I had it in my head I was going to get the money together to get it. A guy was at my house to buy an old gun game. He was an old car guy and saw my old 1937 Ford car dealership sign in my game room. He kept bugging me to buy it. I told him there was a couple others at this antique shop if he wanted one. Happened to be the same shop that had the Mutoscope punch-a-bag. Guess what? He went there and bought all the car signs and the game I wanted. I have since learned to keep my cards a little closer to my chest.

#1937 10 years ago

yea, i'm rather fond of them too... i'd love to lay my hands on one, but that one is well out of my comfort zone... i actually think i would like a beat up one better than a restored one, given the "theme"...

ugh, that hurts...

#1938 10 years ago

Yeah, they were asking $2500 for the one I wanted in original condition. Still a bit more than I am used to spending but it was so cool I planned to find a way. The guy that snagged it also told me this big story about how he had a spot picked out for my gun game in his kitchen and then proceeded to work me over on price. The next day he had it on Ebay for twice the money and sold it. If he would have told me up front he bought and sold games I wouldn't thought any less of him and my selling price would have been the same. So it goes I guess. I got what I needed for my gun game, he saved me $2500 on the Mutoscope game and I learned a good lesson. I still see him at the Chicagoland show and try my best to be polite.

#1939 10 years ago

you are a better man than i... while direct confrontation isn't my style, i certainly would be "somewhat less than polite"...

it is one of those random things (like a lollipop scale) that i'd like to have... of course, the thought of actually moving one (or a scale, ftm) is rather daunting...

#1940 10 years ago

mibs

ebay.com link: MIBS Pinball Machine

"interesting" flipper mod...

image-37.jpgimage-37.jpg

#1941 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

interesting" flipper mod...

Its got the fast action Williams Flippers. That will speed up the game a bit.

#1942 10 years ago

Here is a Gottlieb 4 Square with a very nice Playfield.

Start bid $350.00 / no reserve.

However a Cabinet repaint is in order.

ebay.com link: 1971 Gottlieb 4 Square wedgehead EM pinball machine NICE A

Ken

#1943 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

mibs
ebay.com link » Mibs Pinball Machine
"interesting" flipper mod...

image-37.jpg 26 KB

That's so bogus!

#1944 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

ebay.com link » 1971 Gottlieb 4 Square Wedgehead Em Pinball Machine Nice A
Ken

I'll bid on this one if someone volunteers to drive it to Texas for me.

#1945 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

ebay.com link » 1971 Gottlieb 4 Square Wedgehead Em Pinball Machine Nice A
Ken

took me a moment to figure out why the inserts on that game look different than mine... that doesn't look bad with the led's like that...

it does need a bit of paint...

#1946 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Its got the fast action Williams Flippers. That will speed up the game a bit.

Quoted from jrpinball:

That's so bogus!

yea, that IS pretty weak... creative, but weak...

#1947 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

I'll bid on this one if someone volunteers to drive it to Texas for me.

Hmmm...

Quoted from btw75:

Oh- I can handle what I have! Just no more. At this point I think I'd had enough of buying whatever I see (Someone please remember I said this and call me on it if I bring home another load anytime soon). Now I need to get them working well then decide which ones I want to let go.
I'm really excited about the line up right now - we'll see which I can bear to part with after a while.

#1948 10 years ago

Whoever brings it to me would have to take one away, I guess.

#1949 10 years ago
Quoted from btw75:

Whoever brings it to me would have to take one away, I guess.

I live in MD which isn’t too far from this and will bid and buy this 4 Square at whatever cost. I’ll then drive it to you in TX where I will hand it over to you in an even exchange for your Kings and Queens. Even though I’ve never seen your Kings and Queens, I’m quite prepared to take a chance…

#1950 10 years ago
Quoted from tuffano:

I live in MD which isn’t too far from this and will bid and buy this 4 Square at whatever cost. I’ll then drive it to you in TX where I will hand it over to you in an even exchange for your Kings and Queens. Even though I’ve never seen your Kings and Queens, I’m quite prepared to take a chance…

Just bring your wallet!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/39 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.