(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 133.
#101 10 years ago

It will be interesting what the final prices will be for that Atlantis and Hit the Deck but I would expect reasonable prices for both. Of Course with a reserve auction there is always that unknown if they will sell at all.

Ken

#102 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Ummm, get your prediction in for the final selling prices..........
Ebay link
Ebay link

I'll play.

Atlantis - not in great condition but popular at the moment. $900.

Hit the Deck. Better condition - $1400.

Condition is everything as CQ HTD's can go for $2500.

#103 10 years ago

Run!, don't walk for this one-
ebay.com link: Magic clock pinball machine

rare and in nice condition for a great price! plus the funky unique cabinet!

#104 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Run!, don't walk for this one-

Done! Thank you very much!

#105 10 years ago

Ooh, nice example for the money. I personally love those mod cabs. Congrats.
Alex

#106 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Ooh, nice example for the money. I personally love those mod cabs. Congrats.
Alex

Thanks Alex, now I have a place to set my beer. When I saw it was in Oceanside, I had no choice. I'm heading down that way this weekend anyway to pick up my daughter.

#107 10 years ago

right? even comes with a cigarette holder as well! Enjoy! Glad someone local on Pinside got it!

#108 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Glad someone local on Pinside got it!

It looked so nice, and it is so close, I didn't even hesitate to read the fine print! -

1960 Bally Williams magic clock Pinball machine

Very rare

good condition

Set-up for home use but complete with coin slots

stored for 30 plus years

Well maintained during times of use

Sold as is but full refund if not satisfied at time of pick-up.

Sounds like a win! Definitely a no lose.

#109 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It looked so nice, and it is so close,

Nice catch o-din!

Be sure to share some nice pics with us once you get the machine home.

Ken

#110 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Be sure to share some nice pics with us once you get the machine home.

Will do! It has a moving target, and wheels! Not sure if those are original, but may come in handy.
I've never seen one of these before. Does anybody know how many they made?

#111 10 years ago

There's currently a Darts pinball on CL that has the same cabinet style...but that's where the similarities end.

fortwayne.craigslist.org link

#112 10 years ago

It looks like the "Magic Clock" has better stood the test of time.

#113 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It looks like the "Magic Clock" has better stood the test of time.

Yes, very much so! Congrats on your new acquisition.

#114 10 years ago
Quoted from neutrino:

Congrats on your new acquisition.

I'm so excited! A lot of the furniture in the house I grew up in had legs just like that machine! Some of which are still there.

#115 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Will do! It has a moving target, and wheels! Not sure if those are original, but may come in handy.
I've never seen one of these before. Does anybody know how many they made?

Not many I would guess! Pinball Owners shows 2. One in Sweden, one in Norway.

Great pick up and low price and scores 9 on IPBD but only 3 ratings.

#116 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Not many I would guess!

Yes, I've been searching for info, and even who designed it seems to be in question. But rarer still would be Bally's 1965 Magic Clock, which by my best guess is listed in error on ipdb.

#117 10 years ago

Wow, nice pickup O-din! Sweet looking!

#118 10 years ago

Williams made 10 games in 1960-1961 with the cool mid-century modern cabinet. Rob Berk has all of them apparently. Russ Snyder (Pinrescue) had a beautiful Music Man but may have sold it. It is one of the few Williams games with the disappearing jet bumper.

Here's the list:
Black Jack
Bo Bo
Caravelle
Darts
Highways
Hollywood
Jungle
Magic Clock
Music Man
Viking

Alex

#119 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A lot of the furniture in the house I grew up in had legs just like that machine!

Yes, I remember lots of furniture back in the day with those legs as well.

That's one I wouldn't mind owning. Next best thing to owning an Arcade Rifle game with Pinball in the mix. What a combo!

Ken

#120 10 years ago

I'll definitely be keeping my eyes open for a nice "Jungle" if one just happens to pop up for sale local, but with the finds I've had in the last couple weeks, that will either not happen for a while or could happen next hour.

I noticed some of those modern cabinet designs use light up numbers like the older wood rails, and Magic clock has score reels. That must have been when Williams made the transition, from what I can tell.

#121 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I noticed some of those modern cabinet designs use light up numbers like the older wood rails, and Magic clock has score reels. That must have been when Williams made the transition, from what I can tell.

They went back and forth for awhile. I have a 1960 Williams Serenade (woodrail with score reels) sitting next to my 1960 Williams Jungle (dinette legs and lighted scoring). It's neat to see that beautiful wood rail style ball arch still in the mod cabinet though. It was definitely a transition period.
Alex

#122 10 years ago

Another interesting note on Magic Clock. The IPDB states it was Harry Mabs last design before his retirement. Pretty neat piece of pinball history considering he is the the guy that is credited with inventing the flipper.
Alex

#123 10 years ago

It say's it is also the first game with a moving target. State of the art!

#124 10 years ago

ooooo... another nice score o-din... you are on a good little run here...

#125 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Ummm, get your prediction in for the final selling prices..........
Ebay link
Ebay link

neither one has hit the reserve yet... currently 405 on the atlantis... i'm curious to see what the reserve is on it...

<keeps reminding himself that arkansas is WAY too far to go get a pin>

i always have wondered why people bothered bidding 100 dollars on something like this... it would seem rather pointless...

#126 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

you are on a good little run here...

I think it's time I leave some of the action to you guys, but my friend told me last night that I was now the official ruler of the "Some nice looking EM classics just showed up on........" threads.

#127 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I think it's time I leave some of the action to you guys, but my friend told me last night that I was now the official ruler of the "Some nice looking EM classics just showed up on........" threads.

nah, you gotta strike while the iron is hot... although if i was you, i'd go buy a few lottery tickets as well....

plus california is a heckuva long drive from new jersey... so you aren't depriving me, anyway...

#128 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

plus california is a heckuva long drive from new jersey...

You got that right! And no shortage of EM classics on either coast. One thing I mentioned before is that when I was growing up, I saw a lot more Ballys and Williams out here than Gottliebs, and the same seems to be holding true at the present time. And although I agree with most that Gottlieb made the higher quality units, the other two were no slouches in the gameplay department, and in many cases showcased superior artwork. Just my humble opinion.

#129 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And no shortage of EM classics on either coast.

There seems to be a huge shortage here on the Missouri River Coast!! Unless you think an Old Chicago is worth $2600......at a pawn shop.

#130 10 years ago

At least you have your health!

#131 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

neither one has hit the reserve yet... currently 405 on the Atlantis... i'm curious to see what the reserve is on it...
<keeps reminding himself that arkansas is WAY too far to go get a pin>
i always have wondered why people bothered bidding 100 dollars on something like this... it would seem rather pointless...

Atlantis has really over taken HTD, I think it is a more known game and much better gameplay, though that is based on reviews, I've never played it. Cabinet on that one looks pretty worn as well......

#132 10 years ago

Heres a good looking woodrail for those of you in the Michigan area.

ebay.com link: Vintage 1947 Hawaii Woodrail Pinball Machine United Manufacturing Tropical

#133 10 years ago

That's a great price for that Hawaii o-din for someone looking for a pristine older Pin!

To me machines like that look like a hybrid between a Bingo and a Pinball machine and most likely play like that. That machine requires lots of nudging like a Bingo and I but there are games you play on it were you hardly get to use your Flippers.

Not my style with those spread out reversed Flippers, but there plenty of folks out there who would not mind snapping that one up.

Ken

#134 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

At least you have your health!

My health isn't that fun to play with.

Just sayin'

#135 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

My health isn't that fun to play with.

Seems like I'm always playing with mine. That is when I'm not playing pinball. Sometimes I do both at the same time.

#136 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sometimes I do both at the same time.

Some of us are more talented than others, I guess....

#137 10 years ago

o-din strikes again! If it wasn't for the backglass, I'd go get it after work.
ebay.com link: Gottlieb Outer Space Pinball Machine

#138 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

o-din strikes again! If it wasn't for the backglass, I'd go get it after work.

I bet he would take $400.00. Backglass looks good enough to send to bgresto.com to have them scan then buy a new one from them for $200.00 thus having a great condition Pin.

Just an idea................Hummmmm

Ken

#139 10 years ago

Playfield looks nice! And I am closer, but if I keep this up... uhh.......... if I keep this up.....uhhh... if I keep this up...... oh hell, this is what we do.

#140 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Playfield looks nice! And I am closer, but if I keep this up... uhh.......... if I keep this up.....uhhh... if I keep this up...... oh hell, this is what we do.

go. now. buy.

you don't want to jinx your hot streak...

#141 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

go. now. buy.

Man, I haven't even picked up Magic Clock yet. But I am tomorrow.

#142 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Man, I haven't even picked up Magic Clock yet. But I am tomorrow.

there's plenty of time in a day...

#143 10 years ago

i wonder if this royal guard will sell at 795? mine is in way better condition, and figured it was worth around 8-900? i don't think i'll ever figure out how to properly price a machine...

ebay.com link: Royal Guard pinball machine gottlieb wedge head

there's this one too at 1295... "serviced by the talented staff at borden amusements"... you'd think they could have at least put the correct flippers and targets on it...

ebay.com link: 1968 Gottlieb ROYAL GUARD Pinball Machine PLAYS PERFECTLY

#144 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i wonder if this royal guard will sell at 795?

Yea, priced too high for the condition.

Quoted from ccotenj:

there's this one too at 1295..

That's a Joke of a price. This should be $795.00 and they should throw in the correct Flipper Bats and Target Faces as well.

Ken

#145 10 years ago

Here is a "HUO" (it says) Bon Voyage. One of my favorite EMs that I own, with one of the best spinners in pinball.

ebay.com link: 1974 Bally Bon Voyage EM pinball machine EXCELLENT condition Home USE ONLY

#146 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Here is a "HUO" (it says) Bon Voyage. One of my favorite EMs that I own, with one of the best spinners in pinball.
Ebay link

oh man... one of 2 ballys on my wish list... the artwork alone would sell the game to me, let alone the game play... and that one looks to be in primo condition...

unfortunately, louisville is a 28 hour round trip from here... anyone want to make a road trip?

#147 10 years ago

Never played it, but the condition is superb - if only I lived local!!

#148 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Seems like this machine is priced right considering the great condition it is in for someone who really wants this title.

Ken

#149 10 years ago

Look closely at the inlane guides. Looks like they have been removed at some point, due to missing paint at the base, and were re-installed backwards. The curved part should be up at the elbow for a smoother transition. Yes, it's possible they were put in backwards at the factory, but the missing paint is very suspicious. Still, a great example of the game, but also quoting PinRescue prices smacks of a shopped/restored game......

#150 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Look closely at the inlane guides. Looks like they have been removed at some point, due to missing paint at the base, and were re-installed backwards. The curved part should be up at the elbow for a smoother transition. Yes, it's possible they were put in backwards at the factory, but the missing paint is very suspicious. Still, a great example of the game, but also quoting PinRescue prices smacks of a shopped/restored game......

Great catch!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 3 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/3 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.