(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 133.
#1253 10 years ago

A weird and rare playmatic pinball machine...
ebay.com link: playmatic pinball machine

#1254 10 years ago

Good luck with that ^^,ouch is right. Rare <<in a word, the key to outrageous listed pricing.

#1255 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

A weird and rare playmatic pinball machine...
ebay.com link » Playmatic Pinball Machine

Description says "No tire kickers please"

Aren't you supposed to e-mail the seller with questions on ebay and make offers as to what you think it's worth?

#1256 10 years ago

Gottlieb C-37 Currently $100.00, 1 Bid, with no reserve.

ebay.com link: 1977 Centigrade 37 by Gottlieb

Ken

#1257 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

ebay.com link » 1977 Centigrade 37 By Gottlieb
Ken

From what little we can see in the photos, looks like a pretty nice game. Good Luck! Based on how so many people claim to be looking for one, and how seldom they show up for sale, I would expect it to make it to at least $800. That's if the seller doesn't pull the auction first!

#1258 10 years ago

Actually CactusJack I am not bidding on it as I don't have the desire for the title or funding at the moment for another machine. I know there are a lot of folks here looking for one though. Hopefully a Pinsider gets it.

Ken

#1259 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Ken

Looks to be in pretty good unrestored condition. Even has some color left on the cabinet, which puts it above average I think. I wouldn't be surprised to see this reach ~$1200 or more.

#1260 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Ken

4 bids - $255 right now. Agree with Dirt - this will probably get to/go above $1200. Nice looking game with vibrant paint. Where's Chris when you need him?

#1261 10 years ago

This will sell anywhere 1200-1500 dollars. It's Ebay so I expect 1500. The pictures he took of the playfield are postage stamp sized. For all we know the inserts are cupped to all hell. Hopefully not. I am all out of funds or I would be all over this one.

#1262 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

From what little we can see in the photos, looks like a pretty nice game. Good Luck! Based on how so many people claim to be looking for one, and how seldom they show up for sale, I would expect it to make it to at least $800. That's if the seller doesn't pull the auction first!

If I were local would go and see it but too risky from not very good photos.

Looks nice but I am sure I can see a fair amount of paint loss in the blue double advance circle.

#1263 10 years ago

Hey Pafasa...How would you rate the backglass on this one?

ebay.com link: Tropic Isle Vintage pin ball machine

The good news is Ron and Nancy Webb have 3 back glasses left at 265 each.
http://pinballglass.homestead.com/

#1264 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

ebay.com link » Tropic Isle Vintage Pin Ball Machine

No big deal, the seller says it just "needs some paint".

#1265 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

If I were local would go and see it but too risky from not very good photos.
Looks nice but I am sure I can see a fair amount of paint loss in the blue double advance circle.

I was thinking that was dirt on the playfield glass, but looking again... not sure. Would definitely want more pictures.

#1266 10 years ago

Last night I got excited about that C-37 auction, but after looking at the not so good pictures, concluded it does have a couple issues. There is flaking in the girls legs on the BG and a bit of fade there in the blood reds. It's also not a restored game. I expect it will go well beyond what I would be willing to pay. Best part of the game looks like the cabinet, rare to see the purple still pretty bright there.

#1267 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Ken

I'm watching that auction too (at $325 now). The flaking in the girls legs on the BG means that her flesh tones are probably flaking too. You can see some evidence of it in the BG photo. The other girl has some flaking in her legs too but not as severe.

There are three pics that show the playfield wear in the center. One directly and the two showing paperwork. I thought it was a smudge on the glass until I looked at it in the other photos. They are all from different angles, but the "smudge" shows up in the exact same place. There is definite playfield wear and a lot more than I would be happy with. There is also wear below the center pop bumper. The cabinet paint looks nice though. Very bright yellows and purples.

#1268 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

ebay.com link » Tropic Isle Vintage Pin Ball Machine

Given the well done grey "touch-up" I would give this backglass a solid .5!

Maybe

#1269 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

This is a re-list, and the game was previously bid up to $1200 without meeting reserve. That's about right, but hard to know if that was a local buyer, or someone willing to tack on another 400 for shipping. They used to be able to pull 2000-2500, but the market has retracted from there quite a bit, unless it's an exceptionally nice one.

Still only reached $1225 on the re-list. The market has spoken.

#1270 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I'm watching that auction too (at $325 now). The flaking in the girls legs on the BG means that her flesh tones are probably flaking too. You can see some evidence of it in the BG photo. The other girl has some flaking in her legs too but not as severe.
There are three pics that show the playfield wear in the center. One directly and the two showing paperwork. I thought it was a smudge on the glass until I looked at it in the other photos. They are all from different angles, but the "smudge" shows up in the exact same place. There is definite playfield wear and a lot more than I would be happy with. There is also wear below the center pop bumper. The cabinet paint looks nice though. Very bright yellows and purples.

Saw the flaking on the backglass, but with repros available from Ron, figured it would get replaced anyway. Without wear on the playfield, and the cab as nice as it appears to be, there'd still be wiggle room to add a new backglass. But if that's really all wear on the playfield, truly a bummer.

#1271 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Good eye - didn't check out this photo. A lot of wear - shame as it is in very visible place so hard to live with.

$_58.jpg$_58.jpg
#1272 10 years ago

Yeah good eye. That is a player worth locally about 700 dollars in that condition maybe 600.

#1273 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Ha, auction now ended - item no longer available.

#1274 10 years ago

I e-mailed the C-37 seller to see if he sold it and how much he got. Maybe he'll reply..........you never know.

#1275 10 years ago

Bally Bow & Arrow

$300.00 Buy it Now!

ebay.com link: Bally Pinball Machine Bow And Arrow

Ken

#1276 10 years ago

Gottlieb Jet Spin $700.00 start bid. Nice Shape.

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Jet Spin EM Pinball Machine

Ken

#1277 10 years ago

Great project!

Williams Moulin Rouge. $100.00 start bid and no reserve!

ebay.com link: Williams 1965 Moulin Rouge Pinball Machine

SteveFury should get this one.

Ken

#1279 10 years ago

^^^^ The only thing that's un original is 2 fuses holders have been bypassed with and automotive fuse holder with fuse inside . oh it even comes with the different cards to put for game play ill put more pictures up tomorrow.theres another one of these here on ebay and I think this is in way way better shape and its complete.

#1281 10 years ago

It pisses me off when someone lists a desirable EM with a price that could be warranted and only post one f'ing picture that doesn't even show the play field.

ebay.com link: FIREBALL Pinball Game COMMERCIAL QUALITY HOME GAME by BALLY

#1282 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Ouch at price!
ebay.com link » 1975 Gottlieb Sure Shot Wedgehead Pinball Arcade Machine 100 Original Mint

that looks to be the nicest SS pf i have ever seen. but even with a nice pf that title doesn not command a price over 1200

#1284 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

It pisses me off when someone lists a desirable EM with a price that could be warranted and only post one f'ing picture that doesn't even show the play field.
ebay.com link » Fireball Pinball Game Commercial Quality Home Game By Bally

they do it for a reason. buy it and then see the wear. toooooooo baaaaaad you already bought it!

#1285 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

that looks to be the nicest SS pf i have ever seen. but even with a nice pf that title doesn not command a price over 1200

Look again at the playfield and the missing paint around the 12,11,13,14 and 15. Also look at the chipping around the 10,7 and 8. This would be a 1200 dollar machine if the playfield was touched up.

#1286 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

they do it for a reason. buy it and then see the wear. toooooooo baaaaaad you already bought it!

For that kind of money I would use my wife's flight privileges to fly in and look at the machine in person. I am not in the market for a pin right now due to being low on funds.

#1287 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Look again at the playfield and the missing paint around the 12,11,13,14 and 15. Also look at the chipping around the 10,7 and 8. This would be a 1200 dollar machine if the playfield was touched up.

i did not zoom in, but still has a lot less than normal. most of them had insert issues and caused major wear.
I had one that was very low plays and had wear in the ball rack area. the inserts all were loose and 80% of posts were cracked or broken.

#1288 10 years ago

quite a few of these ebay sellers bank on a buyer to make a quick and rash purchase. once purchased they don't care they got your cash.
the good sellers always post a lot of pics that show the good with the bad.
just ask them for more pictures, my guess they will not respond

#1289 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Ouch at price!
ebay.com link » 1975 Gottlieb Sure Shot Wedgehead Pinball Arcade Machine 100 Original Mint

Don't cha know? Tarnation! Thar's gold it that thar machine!!

Ken

Prospector.gifProspector.gif
#1290 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

And I looked close as when people say a machine is perfect, got to look close!

KO hole wear left side and I am 95% certain there is a touch up beneath right KO hole.

It is a very nice game though.

#1291 10 years ago

Cowabunga! Surfs Up!

Gottlieb Surfer $479.99 start bid but needs a new Backglass. Playfield in VERY nice shape.

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Surfer Pinball Machine

Ken

#1292 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Great project!
Williams Moulin Rouge. $100.00 start bid and no reserve!
ebay.com link » Williams 1965 Moulin Rouge Pinball Machine
SteveFury should get this one.
Ken

I hope someone grabs this game and saves it. The glass is now available. A very underrated game. Wonderful player and nice Art Stenholm art. I have three of them. I picked one up a while back from a garage in coastal NJ.
It was a Hurricane Sandy survivor. The owner said the water came well up the legs, but didn't reach the cabinet!

#1293 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I have three of them.

I'd like one, bring one with when you come to Milwaukee will you?

#1294 10 years ago

The three I have are in varying states of condition. All BGs are acceptable, but I may get a repro glass for the eventual "A" copy. They are notorious for wear around the kick-out holes and the landing spot on the "canvas" area.
They come with either white or purple on the frame surrounding the backglass. Both are correct.
I had another one years ago which I sold. The guy who bought it eventually got a better playfield for it, and as far as I know, he still has the game. I don't think I can fit one in the overhead bin, otherwise I'd bring it out to ya!

#1295 10 years ago

Gottlieb Sing Along Playfield <ONLY! $175.00 << Buy It Now ebay.com link: Gottlieb Sing Along Pinball Machine Playfield

#1296 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Gottlieb Sing Along Playfield <ONLY! $175.00 << Buy It Now ebay.com link » Gottlieb Sing Along Pinball Machine Playfield

That was such a nice game when it was complete and intact. Just kills me. What a waste.

#1297 10 years ago

Yeah,^^ i was looking at those S.a. parts scattered about on E-bay, I hate when people butcher it apart like that.

#1298 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Yeah,^^ i was looking at those S.a. parts scattered about on E-bay, I hate when people butcher it apart like that.

Here it was before the butchering:
bham.craigslist.org link

Isn't there a no-kill shelter for games?

#1299 10 years ago

Where is Sarah McLachlan when you need her?

He just decreased my chance of finding a Sing Along by 1. Ah, hell I wanted a Melody anyway. Maybe somebody can make a nice coffee table.

#1300 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Here it was before the butchering

Dang, what a foolish thing to do.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 26 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/26 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.