(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 133.
#6451 1 year ago
Quoted from edednedy:

I couldn't figure out why this didn't sell. Then I read the description and saw the last picture. Still a pretty good price if you want to put the time in to reconnecting all the wires, but how dumb do you have to be to do something like this?
ebay.com link: itm

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#6452 1 year ago

Ha ha.

C377E0F8-88D1-460D-A0E0-5960131B1B94 (resized).pngC377E0F8-88D1-460D-A0E0-5960131B1B94 (resized).png
#6453 1 year ago
Quoted from edednedy:

I couldn't figure out why this didn't sell. Then I read the description and saw the last picture. Still a pretty good price if you want to put the time in to reconnecting all the wires, but how dumb do you have to be to do something like this?

“This did work as it should when it was removed a couple of days ago. We had to cut the wires as seen in the photos in order to separate the scoring panel and the bottom unit.”

Painful.

#6454 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

“This did work as it should when it was removed a couple of days ago. We had to cut the wires as seen in the photos in order to separate the scoring panel and the bottom unit.”
Painful.

Wonder if they used a pair of hedge clippers.

#6455 1 year ago

I've actually encountered this a couple of times (although one of them I got for free) But it was over 30 years ago. In 2022 how hard would it be to Google "How do I remove the head from my pinball machine"?
I also noticed it says "We" had to cut the wires. So it took two (or more) brilliant minds to come up with this solution.

1 month later
#6457 1 year ago

Nice starting price and a highly rated seller. Cabinet not correct but doesn’t look bad.

#6458 1 year ago

The Corral above that Flipper is really nice.

#6459 1 year ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Nice starting price and a highly rated seller.

I think I got Shay’s last backglass for Flipper Fair. Great game.

#6460 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Yikes. I just ordered one. May not get it. :/

#6461 1 year ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Yikes. I just ordered one. May not get it. :/

In another pinside thread some are stating that Shay is no longer silk screening glasses,
but now may be able to digitally print to glass on demand.
So if old stock (repro silk screened) is sold out he will ship new digital prints of BG.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-backglass-and-translites-thread-buy-sell-trade/page/19#post-7327949

Shay expo talk

#6462 1 year ago

When it arrives, make sure the TILT area shows through. Mine doesn’t.

#6463 1 year ago
Quoted from undrdog:

Someone once told me that Shay likes to tell people that the glass you ask about is the last one. Probably prompts those who are on the fence to actually buy.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

In another pinside thread some are stating that Shay is no longer silk screening glasses,
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/looking-for-backglass-and-translites-thread-buy-sell-trade/page/19#post-7327949

Awe man, there is no substitute for a silkscreen glass in my opinion. The on demand thing sounds cool but I suspect it comes with a compromise of quality/originality.

#6464 1 year ago

There was a thread over seven years ago about the tilt issue on FF. I was surprised that the one I got last year had the problem. Figured he’s selling old stock. Either that or his screen is wrong to begin with, I guess.

#6465 1 year ago

Was $10k this morning, now it’s $15k. Great investment!

#6466 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Was $10k this morning, now it’s $15k. Great investment!

Yea, The Herb Silvers Special.

#6467 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Was $10k this morning, now it’s $15k. Great investment !

Maybe $20k tomorrow !

#6468 1 year ago

Laughable. They should deduct $14,000 for the green LEDs.

#6469 1 year ago

Not a great representation of their restoration work! All they did is put a 'Bank-a-Ball' into a woodrail. Sticker on target...LMAO. If that's the work they do....wouldn't use them!

#6470 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

It’s not “some are stating”
SHAY is stating.
He’s done with silk screening

#6471 1 year ago
Quoted from mrm_4:

It’s not “some are stating”
SHAY is stating.
He’s done with silk screening

Shay is not completely done with screened backglasses yet. I'm making a list of 14 people to get a new run of Blue Note backglasses made. Shay just contacted me recently and gave us 2 options - $295 for a direct ink printed glass taking 4 months to get. $425 for a silk screened glass taking 15 months to get. Shipping extra. Everyone needs to watch his video at the (search) 2022 Chicago Pinball Expo Shay Assad (on YouTube). Shay is in a transition process from screened to direct ink right now. I haven't heard about Ron Webb's future plans for his backglasses.

#6472 1 year ago

Additionally, Shay unfortunately will not be reproducing plastics as earlier mentioned. When Pinball Rescue left, so did the plastics.

#6473 1 year ago

Flipper Fair sold for $338.33

#6474 1 year ago
Quoted from edednedy:

That's painful to look at.. Reminds me of this desirable CRT I picked up from someone ripping out the guts.. of course, cut the flyback in half... duhhhhh

#6475 1 year ago

I’ve bought about a half dozen BGs from Shay. He told me every time it was the last one he had of that title. I recommend watching the video from Pinball Expo. It answered every question I could ever have about backglasses.

#6476 1 year ago
Quoted from Mundy53:

I’ve bought about a half dozen BGs from Shay. He told me every time it was the last one he had of that title. I recommend watching the video from Pinball Expo. It answered every question I could ever have about backglasses.

Agree. Everyone should watch it.

#6477 1 year ago

A little cleaning and a few nails needed but other than that…..paging Hugo Furst.

#6478 1 year ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

A little cleaning and a few nails needed but other than that…..paging Hugo Furst.

Oh my! Black Mold everywhere!

#6479 1 year ago
Quoted from Fast400:

Oh my! Black Mold everywhere!

NO WAY IN HELL!!!!!

#6480 1 year ago
Quoted from Playdium:

NO WAY IN HELL!!!!!

Lol! Here's some more great fungus! Bought two parts heads. This is what arrived...no mention prior to buying! Pictures showed none of this...outside looked decent.
After every great buying experience like this I tell myself, "NEVER again unseen"....until the next great deal pops along. Been dissappointed in peoples honesty so much. Only saving grace here was that the mechanical side of things looked great, even had the schematics still taped to the back.

At least the EBAY seller of the pinball machine shows the pictures of the actual condition.

IMG_6589 (resized).jpegIMG_6589 (resized).jpegSchimmel (resized).jpgSchimmel (resized).jpg
#6481 1 year ago
Quoted from Fast400:

Lol! Here's some more great fungus! Bought two parts heads. This is what arrived...no mention prior to buying! Pictures showed none of this...outside looked decent.
After every great buying experience like this I tell myself, "NEVER again unseen"....until the next great deal pops along. Been dissappointed in peoples honesty so much. Only saving grace here was that the mechanical side of things looked great, even had the schematics still taped to the back.
At least the EBAY seller of the pinball machine shows the pictures of the actual condition.
[quoted image][quoted image]

That can be deadly. If you proceed with any work on this, wear an approved respirator.

#6482 1 year ago
Quoted from Fast400:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Yikes

#6483 1 year ago

Something on the cheap. Doubt this will last long

#6484 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Nice find. Can’t believe it’s still for sale. That’s the same description of my last two pickups and both were cosmetically in good shape. It didn’t take long for them to be playing near 100%.

#6485 1 year ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Nice find. Can’t believe it’s still for sale. That’s the same description of my last two pickups and both were cosmetically in good shape. It didn’t take long for them to be playing near 100%.

What the hell? I’m well overdue for a nice road trip! Bought it.

#6486 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

What the hell? I’m well overdue for a nice road trip! Bought it.

Nicely done! That’s a heck of a road trip for sure.

#6487 1 year ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Even with 0 feedback from the seller the ad seems legit. Great Deal!

#6488 1 year ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Even with 0 feedback from the seller the ad seems legit. Great Deal!

Turns out, it’s legit. I’ve got a road trip to New Orleans. Gonna make it a 2 nighter. Should be fun!

#6489 1 year ago

Hard to come by. I got one for $300 that was headed for the dumpster and had been sitting for 20-30 years but cleaned up nicely and has been a rock once I got it working 100%.

Although the cabinet was in great shape somehow, I did have to buy new glass as it was missing, new backglass (it was trashed), new legs and little stuff so I probably put $650 into it. Glad I have it.

#6491 1 year ago

It’s on my list. Wish I was closer and it was in the states.

#6492 1 year ago
Quoted from jsf24:

Also on my wishlist. A 6-1/2 hour drive for me from NJ. If It was spring or summer I might make an excusion. Still closer than when I drive to Maine.

#6493 1 year ago
Quoted from jsf24:

Wow, that looks very clean!

2 weeks later
#6496 1 year ago

Missed out on the Jacks Open but got the Lucky Hand, not sure which is better.

#6497 1 year ago

Williams Set Up, $225 in Brooklyn.

Uncommon game and fun. Needs a little love, but could be restored.

#6498 1 year ago

You know you want to meet this guy.

#6499 1 year ago

Dude transformed from the Gorton’s Fisherman to Pappy Boyington.

Going to give the Dos Equis guy a run for his money.

#6500 1 year ago

I’m posting this from FB Marketplace because surely just about any halfway decent Abra ca Dabra is worth $1200. Heck I was the underbidder on one in similar shape that went for $1940 on eBay last year. Hope someone from here grabs it.

Biggest downside I think is the remote location. It’s in the middle of Nowhere, Tennessee.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1130495534244184/?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3Ae8e96f60-e931-4655-8d2d-61cdb3f097ba

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/130 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.