(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 133.
#6351 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Canada Dry. Reputable seller and in pretty good cosmetic shape. Non working and has some combination of rust-mold-mildew inside.
South Florida
ebay.com link: itm

Looks like someone dragged the machine with the legs on. Separated cabinet corner. I'ld be interested.

#6352 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Canada Dry. Reputable seller and in pretty good cosmetic shape. Non working and has some combination of rust-mold-mildew inside.
South Florida

Let the bidding begin! Too bad there wasn’t a buy it now.

#6353 3 years ago

That Canada Dry looks amazingly good for being in S. Florida and in storage. Looks barely played--plastic shows little sign of use across the drop targets.

I'm watching. Bet it goes for $2500+. A lot cheaper than getting one from France that has moderate use.

Wouldn't be surprised if the "not working" status is due to something as simple as a blown fuse. Regardless, this is Florida, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had it on the beach for a party and a wave came into the open coin door while drinking.

Quoted from Electrocute:

Let the bidding begin! Too bad there wasn’t a buy it now.

I'm glad there ISN'T a BIN option--we'll see where it goes and what it is truly worth.

#6354 3 years ago
Quoted from Gott72:

...had it on the beach for a party and a wave came into the open coin door while drinking.

the mind boggles.
must admit it gave me a good laugh

#6355 3 years ago
Quoted from Gott72:

That Canada Dry looks amazingly good for being in S. Florida and in storage. Looks barely played--plastic shows little sign of use across the drop targets.
I'm watching. Bet it goes for $2500+. A lot cheaper than getting one from France that has moderate use.
Wouldn't be surprised if the "not working" status is due to something as simple as a blown fuse. Regardless, this is Florida, so I wouldn't be surprised if they had it on the beach for a party and a wave came into the open coin door while drinking.

I'm glad there ISN'T a BIN option--we'll see where it goes and what it is truly worth.

Definitely losing some potential sales due to the borders being closed, and specifiying no shipping.. makes out of country logistics tougher. :/

#6356 3 years ago

More proof of the crazy EM market right now. That this title with a painted over cabinet and painted over (wrong color) lower playfield is already at $710 with over 3 days left in the auction.

#6357 3 years ago

Cabin fever!

#6358 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

More proof of the crazy EM market right now. That this title with a painted over cabinet and painted over (wrong color) lower playfield is already at $710 with over 3 days left in the auction.

Yup, that's what a lockbar goes for these days :/

#6359 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Not an easy title to find especially with a non-roached out backglass. Agree the prices for pinball everywhere are pretty darn high, but this isn't crazy-high. Not yet, anyway.

I paid $1100 for my Solids & Stripes two years ago. Perfect glass, playfield, and nice cab though.

#6360 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Not an easy title to find especially with a non-roached out backglass. Agree the prices for pinball everywhere are pretty darn high, but this isn't crazy-high. Not yet, anyway.
I paid $1100 for my Solids & Stripes two years ago. Perfect glass, playfield, and nice cab though.

It’s true, not too many of these come around but this one figures to inch towards $1000 at the end and for the shape it’s in, that’s seems really high, especially for a machine that a lot of pinheads think is boring.

It’s always hard to compare machines but exactly a year ago I bought a near perfect Fast Draw on 7 day auction on EBay for $800. Granted it’s not the rarest machine out there but it’s as fun as it gets to play and was in top shape. Seems possible that the virus may have created more EM junkies and that’s not a bad thing I guess.

To each his own though. It’s definitely a unique machine.

#6361 3 years ago

And on a side note, I talked to the guy who sold the Jacks Open on eBay last week for just over $4,000. I think a lot of us here were skeptical of the sale with all the late bidding by zero feedback ebayers but he told me the number shocked him too but it turned out to be a local guy who paid for it in person.

I guess it could be a story but I believed him. He seemed like one of us.

#6362 3 years ago

How about the 10k Strange World advertised on Pinside!

#6363 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

South Florida

Keep in mind that many games coming from FLA are subject to termite damage that requires proper fumigation to get rid of them; depending on your location this could be a bit pricy; I had a game done in Washington DC area for a bit under 300$... very few exterminator companies offer this service if you don't live in warmer-clime states

#6364 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Yeah great point, why do a nice job spraying but using such a nasty non-matching color.

#6365 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I'd do that price for this game with your description of the game you picked up. Very rarely do you see this game in good shape.

#6366 3 years ago
Quoted from Dono:

Keep in mind that many games coming from FLA are subject to termite damage that requires proper fumigation to get rid of them; depending on your location this could be a bit pricy; I had a game done in Washington DC area for a bit under 300$... very few exterminator companies offer this service if you don't live in warmer-clime states

That’s definitely something to consider on the Canada Dry, considering the rust/mold issues you could see on the few pictures posted.

#6367 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

That’s definitely something to consider on the Canada Dry, considering the rust/mold issues you could see on the few pictures posted.

All you potential bidders need to consider that!

#6368 3 years ago

Why do people run up the bid days before?

#6369 3 years ago

WTF, just bid my max.

Updated: Woke up outbid buy a very “happy” bidder. Seems like #83 just isn’t comfortable unless he’s / she’s leading the race. I’m done!

#6370 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Why do people run up the bid days before?

I agree unless it a buddy of the seller running it up. My M.O. is to swoop in late with your max bid and let the chips fall where they may.

If it’s one I really want I’ll never give my final bid before 10 seconds left. I lost out on a nice Abra ca Dabra recently by giving my final bid with 30 seconds left. Too much time and another bidder who wanted it as much as I did swooped in right at the last second. The reason was that I panicked because I don’t have a computer and was thinking I better get it in before one of my knucklehead friends call or text.

#6371 3 years ago

The tension builds!! TWO DAYS LEFT!

It's up to $1900 (almost).

I say $2500, but the wife believes $3500 could happen.

I hope someone here gets it and details the restoration of the machine. If I had the money on hand at this time, I'd put down $3000.
Canada Dry is a sweet machine with excellent art. It's also rare and expensive in the USA.

LEBONCOIN has a couple for sale in France at this moment for circa 2000 Euros. However--they work, but will cost dearly to ship over, assuming the seller will even deign to help get it shipped.

#6372 3 years ago
Quoted from Gott72:

The tension builds!! TWO DAYS LEFT!
It's up to $1900 (almost).
I say $2500, but the wife believes $3500 could happen.
I hope someone here gets it and details the restoration of the machine. If I had the money on hand at this time, I'd put down $3000.
Canada Dry is a sweet machine with excellent art. It's also rare and expensive in the USA.
LEBONCOIN has a couple for sale in France at this moment for circa 2000 Euros. However--they work, but will cost dearly to ship over, assuming the seller will even deign to help get it shipped.

Less than A-day to go, just over 2000 at this point expect some craziness in the last 24 hours.
ebay.com link: D Gottlieb Co Vintage Canada Dry Pinball Machine As Is

#6373 3 years ago

Solids n Stripes went for $991.

#6374 3 years ago

Canada Dry just sold for $3876.99.....

#6375 3 years ago

Winning bid placed at 12:22, which is when the auction ends. How is that possible?

#6376 3 years ago

... bid was placed in the last minute. 3 bidders drove it up the last 20 secs.

#6377 3 years ago
Quoted from rocketman:

... bid was placed in the last minute. 3 bidders drove it up the last 20 secs.

Winning bidder placed one bid at the time the auction ended. How is that possible?

#6378 3 years ago

... see what you mean now. synced my photo pic to top of minute. Only assume software bid like less than 0.5 seconds to go and rounded up to bid end time.

83AD3392-EDA1-4AB1-85D1-B924D627C352 (resized).png83AD3392-EDA1-4AB1-85D1-B924D627C352 (resized).png
#6379 3 years ago

Your image is odd, in the fact that Ebay shows the winning bidder with 600 rating as the winner. Oh well, the back story to this auction is the seller just acquired them both by going to a storage unit auction. Holy Schamoly what a great find!

#6380 3 years ago

the times are going back from when screenshot was taken so 750 guy is the last bidder. Glad they found good homes.

#6381 3 years ago

My wife called it... and was conservative!

If the secondary bidder was apt to plonk down a bit more, in the final seconds, it could have gone for over $4000.

Canada Dry is a desirable objet d'our. Worth it considering price to get one from France and the prestige and popularity.

#6382 3 years ago
Quoted from Budman:

Canada Dry just sold for $3876.99.....

Final price with Florida charges : USD4100.

No wonder, I just sold one of my collection for USD3600 (unrestored and shipping cost from France not included)

#6383 3 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

Final price with Florida charges

You mean Florida sales Tax I suppose (pour être plus clair )

#6384 3 years ago
Quoted from kangourou:

Final price with Florida charges : USD4100.
No wonder, I just sold one of my collection for USD3600 (unrestored and shipping cost from France not included)

Just curious, what would shipping be from France to the U.S.?

#6385 3 years ago
Quoted from BallyCrazy:

You mean Florida sales Tax I suppose (pour être plus clair )

Exact, mon p'tit gars !

Quoted from Playdium:

Just curious, what would shipping be from France to the U.S.?

Depending on destination and type of shipping.
Sea USD800 to USD1000
Air USD1500 to USD2000

#6386 3 years ago

Nice King of Diamonds just up for auction.

4 weeks later
#6388 3 years ago

Really cool. Even more cool if you all could lend me about 4 grand.

1 month later
#6389 2 years ago

A chasm between EBayers. Good Lord and hey, nice!

2 weeks later
#6390 2 years ago

Looks to be a sample 2001. The plastics are different and some of the colors on the playfield as well

1 month later
#6391 2 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

Looks to be a sample 2001. The plastics are different and some of the colors on the playfield as well

Seeing this a month later, but the description states that the cabinet and playfield have been repainted.
The plastics might be home made, or sun faded.
I've never seen nor heard of a variant "2001".

1 week later
#6392 2 years ago

SUPER DUPER OVERPRICED

Why not price it at 3 million? Or 10 trillion?

Then again, looks like he's sold a ton of games at healthy prices, so what do I know?

#6393 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

SUPER DUPER OVERPRICED
Then again, looks like he's sold a ton of games at healthy prices, so what do I know?

Jeez. Clicked on this and the entire description is SHOUTED in all caps and even different font sizes for added shyster effect.

I didn't read any of it, afraid that the spit ball between his lips would hit me in the face.

#6394 2 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

SUPER DUPER OVERPRICED

Pity as one of the few CC games left I would not mind giving a go. I'm contented to work on my restorations for now till the market calms its ass back down.

#6395 2 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Jeez. Clicked on this and the entire description is SHOUTED in all caps and even different font sizes for added shyster effect.
I didn't read any of it, afraid that the spit ball between his lips would hit me in the face.

I think his caps lock is stuck.

2 months later
#6396 2 years ago

Pretty ‘Putting Green’ for sale. I always think I want this in my collection (and this one is an hour and half drive but I just keep seeing those YouTube videos of ball 4 or 5 just meandering around and doing nothing.

Sure is pretty though.

ebay.com link: 1973 Gottlieb High Hand Pinball Machine Stern Data East Sega Bally Williams

1 week later
#6397 2 years ago

High Hand brought $1037.

I could be wrong but I think this machine was listed on Craigslist a couple of years ago for $1050 and I tried to talk the owner down but he wouldn’t budge.

He was smart to just let people bid on it.

#6398 2 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

High Hand brought $1037.
I could be wrong but I think this machine was listed on Craigslist a couple of years ago for $1050 and I tried to talk the owner down but he wouldn’t budge.
He was smart to just let people bid on it.

$1037 - EBay fees = ~ $900! I think the seller could of done better. Great Wedgehead with drop targets.

#6399 2 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

$1037 - EBay fees = ~ $900! I think the seller could of done better. Great Wedgehead with drop targets.

I’m holding out for a Capt.Card but I sure wouldn’t mind having it in the collection.

I love drop targets but some of my newer additions are drop target rich, Fast Draw, Jumping Jack and Night Rider.

I’m seriously in love with the Night Rider but that’s typical of pinheads to fawn all over their newest addiction, I mean addition.

1 month later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/128?hl=sea_wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.