(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 16 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 133.
#6301 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Agree but I think in this instance the 2 internet photos were to show what a Jacks Open looks like in original condition and what inside the cabinet should look like without having to take the glass off. The other pics seem to show the seller’s machine with the dirty playfield and the backglass.
Still kind of a shady and lazy tactic. Seller also hasn’t sold anything in quite a while although the old feedback was all good. I’d ask for more pictures.

It doesn’t help when the main pic of the ad is a minty playfield from a different machine. Calling it deceptive all the way.

#6302 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

It doesn’t help when the main pic of the ad is a minty playfield from a different machine. Calling it deceptive all the way.

Could be. It’s off EBay now.

One thing I’ve seen before is when a seller with great feedback hasn’t had an auction in years, is that some low life family member or acquaintance hijacks their account.

Who knows.

1 month later
#6303 3 years ago

“Perfectly balanced and rarely tilts!”.
Only $7,500.

Cabinet/Backbox paint and stencils not included.

ebay.com link: itm

#6304 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Only $7,500.

Yes, but over 100 hours into the restoration. Either the seller works slowly, the thing was a complete basket case or the hours put in is accidentally incorrect.

however, it is a jem (their spelling, not mine) and can be shipped USPS first class. I wonder if it fits inside an envelope or you put the stamps right on that beautiful cabinet.

#6305 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Only $7,500.

Cabinet/Backbox paint and stencils not included.

Quoted from DropTarget:

Yes, but over 100 hours into the restoration. Either the seller works slowly, the thing was a complete basket case or the hours put in is accidentally incorrect.
however, it is a jem (their spelling, not mine) and can be shipped USPS first class. I wonder if it fits inside an envelope or you put the stamps right on that beautiful cabinet.

Could be the seller is a complete liar and a scam artist with zero feedback, but I doubt it.

#6306 3 years ago

The is not an ebay auction but an auction none the less in mid November.
Located in Orange Co. Calif.
In particular a rare Williams EM pin Reserve
along with several other pins.

I probably bid on the Reserve pin since it is a fun player,
as i discovered at last pin show I went to pre virus.
But traveling to So Cal to pick up any pins that i might win is not likely.
Only drawback on this particular pin is that the BackGlass is terrible
though PF looks OK at 1st glance

https://bid.captainsauctionwarehouse.com/m/lot-details/index/catalog/55/lot/14148?url=%2Fm%2Fview-auctions%2Fcatalog%2Fid%2F55%3Fpage%3D1%26view%3Dlist%26key%3Dpinball%26sale%3Dundefined%26catm%3Dany%26order%3Dorder_num%26xclosed%3Dno%26featured%3Dno

1 month later
#6307 3 years ago

Deal of the day!! Start bid is only a $1.00 with No Reserve!

Sure Shot 2!!

Merry Christmas!!

DSC06779 (2) (resized).JPGDSC06779 (2) (resized).JPG
#6308 3 years ago

Good thing its a three hour drive each way during the holidays or I’d have to get it.

3 weeks later
#6309 3 years ago

Where do we start? At $2k apparently!

#6310 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

Where do we start? At $2k apparently!
ebay.com link

"playing surface is in good shape". Such a valiant effort in sales appeal. Poor machine is very tired.

#6311 3 years ago

Fresh from the Mahoning river. Head must not have been submerged.

#6312 3 years ago

I know it's not ebay, but a friend of mine is selling a minty Gottlieb Aloha. Any interest contact me

Screenshot_20201203-123943 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201203-123943 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201203-124005 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201203-124005 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201203-124015 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201203-124015 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201203-124134 (resized).pngScreenshot_20201203-124134 (resized).png
#6313 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Fresh from the Mahoning river. Head must not have been submerged.
ebay.com link

I can smell the mouse piss from here. Look at the amount of mouse crap inside the cabinet.

#6314 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

I can smell the mouse piss from here. Look at the amount of mouse crap inside the cabinet.

iS ThAt BERk SeLliNG iT?

#6315 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Would have been a good idea to vacuum out at least some of the rodent droppings on the floor.

3 weeks later
#6316 3 years ago

Wow $2,000 pachinkos, but the Dixieland is a bargain at just $1,200

ebay.com link: pinball machines used

#6317 3 years ago
Quoted from Model237:

Wow $2,000 pachinkos, but the Dixieland is a bargain at just $1,200
ebay.com link » Pinball Machines Used

I like the Gottlieb pin with no glass and covered in pillows myself.

#6318 3 years ago

Heat Wave for $2,500? Or is that just for the back glass? That's all that's pictured. Seller has been on EBay a long time- since Jan 5 2020. I’d sell mine for $2,500, except I like it way too much.

#6319 3 years ago

Here's my ebay find of the day, brass backdoor for my sample Ks&Qs

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#6320 3 years ago

If Anybody is going to South America soon, can you grab this for me? Thanks

#6321 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

If Anybody is going to South America soon, can you grab this for me? Thanks
ebay.com link

It would be a great game to own but too risky to bid on. Single player!

#6322 3 years ago

Ah, the "Yukon Special" with no middle pop bumper, inlanes, 2" flippers, no flipper pop-up save, different graphics... haven't seen one in person before.

#6323 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Ah, the "Yukon Special" with no middle pop bumper, inlanes, 2" flippers, no flipper pop-up save, different graphics... haven't seen one in person before.

I was fortunate to see and play one at the rebuilt PAPA facility in the mid 2000's. The different ruleset makes it an incredible game versus Klondike/normal Yukon.

#6324 3 years ago

Needs some work but I’d love to have it at the right price. Too far for me though. From the dirt bike guy in Minnesota.

1 week later
#6325 3 years ago

Gold Strike went for $1,724. Kicking myself for not grabbing an El Dorado for $1,500 awhile back.

#6326 3 years ago

I’ll get an El Dorado one day. That Gold Strike needed a new backglass, playfield and a cabinet redo. The Team One for $2500, here on pinside, looks like a good, clean machine to me.

#6327 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I’ll get an El Dorado one day. That Gold Strike needed a new backglass, playfield and a cabinet redo. The Team One for $2500, here on pinside, looks like a good, clean machine to me.

Hopefully me too. Agree about the Gold Strike. I know it’s fairly rare but with all the issues it had, I thought it might bring $1000-$1200 but not $1700+.

It was at $700 with 7 minutes left in the auction. Must have been at least one person who seriously wanted it.

#6328 3 years ago

Here’s a rare one. No ratings on file at IPDB and zero Pinsiders own one, or at least not listed.

#6329 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Hopefully me too. Agree about the Gold Strike. I know it’s fairly rare but with all the issues it had, I thought it might bring $1000-$1200 but not $1700+.
It was at $700 with 7 minutes left in the auction. Must have been at least one person who seriously wanted it.

I sold a less than perfect Gold Strike with new backglass and plastic set for $900 years ago. The layout looked so interesting and has a cool art package. Early in my collecting days I thought it would be my grail but I don't miss it. It's very repetitive and once you get a good game going it lasts forever to the point of being boring. I'm an AAB guy but am guessing El Dorado is infinitely better. It has to be?

#6330 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I sold a less than perfect Gold Strike with new backglass and plastic set for $900 years ago. The layout looked so interesting and has a cool art package. Early in my collecting days I thought it would be my grail but I don't miss it. It's very repetitive and once you get a good game going it lasts forever to the point of being boring. I'm an AAB guy but am guessing El Dorado is infinitely better. It has to be?

I think it’s interesting that sometimes a machine that looks fun on YouTube videos turns out to be boring when you play it in person and vice-versa. Or sometimes you buy a game and your not thrilled with the gameplay at first but it grows on you like my Aladdin’s Castle.

With the El Dorado I think it’s the history behind it and the design along with it being pretty that would make it fun to have in the collection.

#6331 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I think it’s interesting that sometimes a machine that looks fun on YouTube videos turns out to be boring when you play it in person and vice-versa. Or sometimes you buy a game and your not thrilled with the gameplay at first but it grows on you like my Aladdin’s Castle.

Right. Expectations can be a big factor. I may have dismissed Gold Strike too easily as I was hoping it to be the end all perfect game. Last year I acquired Gottlieb Ship Ahoy. After shopping it I had a couple epic run on games and thought oh here we go again. Another AAB wedge head that is way too easy. After giving it some time and raising the thresholds a bit I'm finding it to be a lot of fun.

#6332 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I had a pristine Gold Strike that I sold. I didn't care for the layout. The upper flipper arrangement was the reason.

#6333 3 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

After giving it some time and raising the thresholds a bit I'm finding it to be a lot of fun.

This solution can be applied to most any game. The set up needs to be balanced.

#6334 3 years ago

Pinball machine meets a roulette wheel. Would be an interesting conversation piece.

#6335 3 years ago

Nice Jacks Open. Bids flying out of the gate, at $1400 with over 5 days left.

#6336 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Nice Jacks Open. Bids flying out of the gate, at $1400 with over 5 days left.
ebay.com link

Surprised the seller didn’t get the title right.

#6337 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Surprised the seller didn’t get the title right.

I smell scam.

#6338 3 years ago

I think the first picture is of the other machine referenced in the description. Hopefully just an honest mistake.

Is it truly as good as a player as reported?

#6339 3 years ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

I think the first picture is of the other machine referenced in the description. Hopefully just an honest mistake.
Is it truly as good as a player as reported?

They are both excellent players. I'd give the edge to Lucky Hand.

#6340 3 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I smell scam.

I thought scam when I first saw the listing too

...hopefully I’m wrong for the buyer’s sake

#6341 3 years ago

Williams 1962 World Series Pitch and Bat For Sale (not mine). ebay.com link: WILLIAMS 1962 WORLD SERIES BASEBALL PITCH AND BAT GAMEROOM FREE SHIPPING

I'll sell my restored machine for that!!!

IMG_0055 (resized).JPGIMG_0055 (resized).JPG
#6342 3 years ago

Some more craziness in the EM marketplace.

Jacks Open (nice) goes for over $4000.

Not comparing the two but I’m gonna hug my $800 Fast Draw tonight.

#6343 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Doubt it sold. El Zero was the happy bidder followed by Numero Tres!

#6344 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

That’s a good point. We might see soon.

#6345 3 years ago

Well, Jack’s Open just joined the El Dorado and Atlantis club.

#6346 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

The bidder history looks suspicious.

#6347 3 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

The bidder history looks suspicious.

When the bidding looks like that, the bidder is either happy or looking for a sucker to help out the seller.

#6348 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Bogus bidder for sure, the same happened to me selling Sure Shot 2 at the $1.00 start bid. The guy even told me he was both bidders and was pumping up the price, and it was a 0 and a 3 feedback as well. FnA hole for sure. He was trying to get me to sell off eBay and arrange shipping for him so he could just rip me off outright. Luckily I had a repeat buyer jump in at the last minute or I would have been hosed like this seller. No more $1.00 start bids for me. Pretty sure it is a scam team as it seemed like I was talking to foreigners on email as some context made no sense a couple times as in writing English was not fluent. Looks like the seller had a real bidder up to $1720 which would have been a real price to pay. Hopefully the seller says no to everything the scammer asks then he can simply relist it.

#6349 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Bogus bidder for sure, the same happened to me selling Sure Shot 2 at the $1.00 start bid. The guy even told me he was both bidders and was pumping up the price, and it was a 0 and a 3 feedback as well. FnA hole for sure. He was trying to get me to sell off eBay and arrange shipping for him so he could just rip me off outright. Luckily I had a repeat buyer jump in at the last minute or I would have been hosed like this seller. No more $1.00 start bids for me. Pretty sure it is a scam team as it seemed like I was talking to foreigners on email as some context made no sense a couple times as in writing English was not fluent. Looks like the seller had a real bidder up to $1720 which would have been a real price to pay. Hopefully the seller says no to everything the scammer asks then he can simply relist it.

Wow. Sure sounds like the same scam artists.

#6350 3 years ago

Canada Dry. Reputable seller and in pretty good cosmetic shape. Non working and has some combination of rust-mold-mildew inside.

South Florida

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 127 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/127?hl=phillips88 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.