(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 133.
#6251 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

the 70's was all about SHAG!

When I was a kid my bedroom had red, white and blue shag carpeting. Wish I still had some of it, would look great on my Spirit of 76.

#6252 3 years ago

Nothing beats this one! A Williams "Jig Saw" I found many years ago.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/wackiest-custom-paintjob-and-mod-i-had-to-undo#post-1435065

#6253 3 years ago

that does beat carpet

#6254 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

the 70's was all about SHAG!

STAY AWAY FROM THE BROWN ACID

EWE (resized).jpgEWE (resized).jpg
#6255 3 years ago

Wagon Wheels win over Shag carpeting in a close one.

#6256 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Nothing beats this one! A Williams "Jig Saw" I found many years ago.

Haha Joe, I remember you posting that thread 6 years ago. I was stunned at the wagon wheels, so it was nice to have a laugh at those crazy pics again, lol

#6257 3 years ago
Quoted from TwinDavid:

STAY AWAY FROM THE BROWN ACID[quoted image]

https://i.imgflip.com/2cveh8.jpg

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#6258 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yikes! Like overpriced by $1670!!!
ebay.com link » Gottlieb 1948 Cinderella Pinball Machine Framed Scoreboard Backglass Artwork Vtg

I have one in better shape that I would sell for $50!

1 month later
#6259 3 years ago

This one is on my wishlist and it’s a drivable distance away. It’s in good condition and I honestly don’t think the asking price is way over the top, although I’d love to snag it for less $.

Am I wrong on the asking price being somewhat fair?

ebay.com link: itm

#6260 3 years ago

Reach out to him, he's a reasonable guy that I've dealt with in the past. You might be able to work something out.

Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

This one is on my wishlist and it’s a drivable distance away. It’s in good condition and I honestly don’t think the asking price is way over the top, although I’d love to snag it for less $.
ebay.com link

#6261 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

If it were local I would consider it as well. I say offer him $1000.00, I think that is fair. Just my 2 cents.

#6262 3 years ago
Quoted from PBEarwood:

Reach out to him, he's a reasonable guy that I've dealt with in the past. You might be able to work something out.

Thanks. That’s good to know.

#6263 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

If it were local I would consider it as well. I say offer him $1000.00, I think that is fair. Just my 2 cents.

I agree. I better start dropping hints to the wife. Or just tell her I’m going to Illinois to check out some legal cannibis and just deal with it when I get home.

#6264 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I agree. I better start dropping hints to the wife. Or just tell her I’m going to Illinois to check out some legal cannibis and just deal with it when I get home.

Cool! Good Luck, hope you get the game. Fun and cool artwork to boot. I take CBD myself, so good luck with the Cannibis too! Score Both! LOL!

#6265 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Cool! Good Luck, hope you get the game. Fun and cool artwork to boot. I take CBD myself, so good luck with the Cannibis too! Score Both! LOL!

Gracias Amigo.

#6266 3 years ago

Looks like I hesitated too long. Lawman is gone. Hopefully someone on here got it.

#6267 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Looks like I hesitated too long. Lawman is gone. Hopefully someone on here got it.

Sad to hear. I have seen quite a few pop up lately between craigslist and eBay, like 3 or 4 this year, so maybe another will show up your way.

#6268 3 years ago

Your Lawman is back!

Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

ebay.com link: LAWMAN by GOTTLIEB COIN OP Pinball Machine

2 weeks later
#6269 3 years ago

A little light cleaning needed on this one.

#6270 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Your Lawman is back!

ebay.com link » Lawman By Gottlieb Coin Op Pinball Machine

I’m not sure what happened on this machine. He told me he sold it and then it was back up again and then off again.

Maybe he sold it privately or decided he could get more later.

#6271 3 years ago

I’m guessing there’s not many of these around. Looks great too.

#6272 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

ebay.com link

That game grows on trees! That one and "Singapore". I bought a decent "Mexico" for $60 once. They're everywhere!

#6273 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

ebay.com link

Many a fine playfield has been found under a layer of dirt. It seems to act as a preservative.

#6274 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That game grows on trees! That one and "Singapore". I bought a decent "Mexico" for $60 once. They're everywhere!

Did they really make a lot of these?

#6275 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Many a fine playfield has been found under a layer of dirt. It seems to act as a preservative.

From the pictures then, it looks like the seller’s basement floor must be very well preserved too.

#6276 3 years ago

Post-war pre-flipper game. They made plenty of them, and being that flippers came out shortly afterward, they got little play, and many good copies are still around.
I think I've seen or heard of more copies of United's "Mexico" than any other woodrail game. , 'cept maybe Gottlieb "Sunshine".

#6277 3 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Post-war pre-flipper game. They made plenty of them, and being that flippers came out shortly afterward, they got little play, and many good copies are still around.
I think I've seen or heard of more copies of United's "Mexico" than any other woodrail game. , 'cept maybe Gottlieb "Sunshine".

Yep, I've seen several and just restored one and delivered to a customer last week... and now this one.

#6278 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

ebay.com link

More than you’d think. I bought held for a year or so and sold a nice one in the same price range $300. Beautiful machine for a decoration alone worth the price.

#6279 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

More than you’d think. I bought held for a year or so and sold a nice one in the same price range $300. Beautiful machine for a decoration alone worth the price.

It's definitely a pretty game.

#6280 3 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

That’s what I’d love to have in my collection just for the visual effects.

#6281 3 years ago

Nice pair of Ballys. Reputable seller.

Will be interested to see if the starting bid hooks someone (I’m guessing no) but it also would be cool to see this duo bid from the ground up.

#6282 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

ebay.com link

Pigpen brought $565. Cool game but I don’t think I’d have the guts. Doesn’t appear to come with playfield glass either.

Somebody must have really wanted it. The bidding was at $286 with only 4 minutes left.

#6283 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Pigpen brought $565. Cool game but I don’t think I’d have the guts. Doesn’t appear to come with playfield glass either.
Somebody must have really wanted it. The bidding was at $286 with only 4 minutes left.
ebay.com link

OR the shill bidder lost at musical chairs and got stuck.

#6284 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

OR the shill bidder lost at musical chairs and got stuck.

That sounds about right. I guess if it comes back up for sale, we’ll know then.

#6285 3 years ago

It's dirty but looks like it'll clean up well

#6286 3 years ago

Another sought after EM. Playfield is pretty rough but if it someone could get it for close to the starting bid it would be a good find IMHO. No reserve. Reputable seller too.

#6287 3 years ago

This game has been re-listed at least once. It’s close but I just don’t need another game right now. Seems like a great deal for $100!
ebay.com link: Vintage Pinball Machine Bally Sea Ray

#6288 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

This game has been re-listed at least once. It’s close but I just don’t need another game right now. Seems like a great deal for $100!
ebay.com link » Vintage Pinball Machine Bally Sea Ray

Somebody will probably swoop in the last minute but so far no bids at $99 with only 1 hour 25 minutes left.

#6289 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Somebody will probably swoop in the last minute but so far no bids at $99 with only 1 hour 25 minutes left.

Wow. Ended with no bids.

#6290 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Wow. Ended with no bids.

Hard to believe. Maybe the cabinet is empty.

#6291 3 years ago
Quoted from RCA1:

Wow. Ended with no bids.

FL. is termite city, i be hard press to buy without going over every inch first

#6292 3 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

FL. is termite city, i be hard press to buy without going over every inch first

St Augustine. I’d be more worried about corrosion. Looks like it was retired in 1976. The angle iron under the cabinet suggests something. Not sure. Seems like a good seller although doesn’t tend to sell pinball machines. May go for it the third time around. It’s $100.

#6293 3 years ago

Most likely a scam.

I see these more and more on eBay, sellers with a desirable machine but only has 0-2 feedback ratings most of the time with no comments.

Buyer beware!

ebay.com link: pinball machines for sale Gottlieb 1978

#6294 3 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Most likely a scam.
I see these more and more on eBay, sellers with a desirable machine but only has 0-2 feedback ratings most of the time with no comments.
Buyer beware!
ebay.com link » Pinball Machines For Sale Gottlieb 1978

That’s listed on Craigslist right now as well for $1k

#6295 3 years ago
Quoted from Murphdom:

That’s listed on Craigslist right now as well for $1k

The auction ended already saying the item is no longer available. Interesting. Maybe scamming on craigslist is easier.

1 week later
#6296 3 years ago

1971 4 Square from the dirt bike guy in Minnesota who starts bidding at $1.

#6297 3 years ago

3 dirty worn machines for $6,500.

One of them even lights up.

#6298 3 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

3 dirty worn machines for $6,500.
One of them even lights up.
ebay.com link

That's on my Craigslist feed too. Says Wilkes Barre PA, but no price. I wouldn't offer much more than 700.00 for all 3.

Crappy pics to boot.

1 week later
#6299 3 years ago

Buyer beware! Seller using internet photos as a description in ad! I got burned on this technique years ago.
ebay.com link: Jacks Open 1977 Pinball Machine from D Gottlieb Co

#6300 3 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Buyer beware! Seller using internet photos as a description in ad! I got burned on this technique years ago.
ebay.com link » Jacks Open 1977 Pinball Machine From D Gottlieb Co

Agree but I think in this instance the 2 internet photos were to show what a Jacks Open looks like in original condition and what inside the cabinet should look like without having to take the glass off. The other pics seem to show the seller’s machine with the dirty playfield and the backglass.

Still kind of a shady and lazy tactic. Seller also hasn’t sold anything in quite a while although the old feedback was all good. I’d ask for more pictures.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/126 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.