(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 133.
#6101 4 years ago

Here’s one I’ve never seen before. Nice looking game and it looks like the owner has no idea what it’s worth.

ebay.com link: 0

#6102 4 years ago
Quoted from DK:

Do you recall the price?

Sorry about the delay, I haven’t been on this thread for awhile. I think he was asking $1400 for his Eye of the Tiger at the show. He didn’t sell it there, but I know he sold it later.

#6103 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Here’s one I’ve never seen before. Nice looking game and it looks like the owner has no idea what it’s worth.
ebay.com link

Just saw that as well.

Looks unique like it has some kind of player to player memory. The flyer advertises competitive play appeal combined with single player appeal.

Single players can score Specials for high totals, and also for 21 insuring plenty of solo play.

https://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=2698&picno=3909&zoom=1

#6104 4 years ago

Pretty sweet and from a reputable seller.

#6105 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Pretty sweet and from a reputable seller.

Tom Garcia is fair and square.
Central Park is decent game.

#6106 4 years ago

Now that looks like it could be a fun game. It's close enough but will probably go pretty high because of the nice condition. I can talk myself out of it one way or another.

#6107 4 years ago

What the hell? Shipping should only run about $500.

#6108 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

ebay.com link

Easy now. I'm trying to work a deal on this one. Shame that the backglass is faded.

#6109 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Easy now. I'm trying to work a deal on this one. Shame that the backglass is faded.

I hope you get what you want. I just don’t know how you price a machine like that. Pretty cool for sure.

1 week later
#6110 4 years ago

Not a pin. I know this game is super rare, but REALLY!!! And.... it's an aracde!
ebay.com link: 1st Coin Op AracdeTo Be Valued At 1 Million Space Age Genco Super Rare Original
I think this seller is jerkin' us off with his alleged offers from billionaires!
And don't "waist" his time with your silly half million dollar offers!

#6111 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Not a pin. I know this game is super rare, but REALLY!!! And.... it's an aracde!
ebay.com link » 1st Coin Op Aracdeto Be Valued At 1 Million Space Age Genco Super Rare Original
I think this seller is jerkin' us off with his alleged offers from billionaires!
And don't "waist" his time with your silly half million dollar offers!

A few things... The back glass is roasted and Ebay will have cash day with that commission. Can I use Paypal??? Hilarious.

#6112 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

A few things... The back glass is roasted and Ebay will have cash day with that commission. Can I use Paypal??? Hilarious.

He has had it listed several times now but it’s okay fellas I finally caved. I have a cool 1.5 laying around.

#6113 4 years ago

Definitely not pricey. $350,000,000 is pricey. Buy with confidence, since his 2nd most recent sale was a negative feedback with this quote from the buyer who got scammed “Never received item. Seller wasn’t selling anything but smoke.”

100% positive feedback my ass. 3 of this slug’s last 18 sales have been scam jobs.

I know this is funny but EBay really needs to have a split feedback rating next to the username showing as a buyer/seller.

#6114 4 years ago

“Was working fine before we put it in the basement”.

#6115 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

ebay.com link

That looks like something someone pulled out of one of the 'Storage Wars' show and now wants to make their money back. UGH

#6116 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

ebay.com link

"Shipped with USPS First Class Package."

May not look like it now, but I bet when someone picks it up it does fall apart into enough small pieces to fit in a box.

#6117 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

"Shipped with USPS First Class Package."
May not look like it now, but I bet when someone picks it up it does fall apart into enough small pieces to fit in a box.

Someone would have to pay me $200 to plug it in and hit the start button.

#6118 4 years ago

Wear thick gloves if you do.

#6119 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

ebay.com link

So, this Bally 2 in 1 from 1964 did not get any bids on eBay. I messaged the seller to make a deal but we were several hundreds apart. It ended up on a Columbus, OH online auction site and I ended up snagging this for less than my original offer. My better half was unaware of this so I have stashed the cabinet at work and have the backbox hiding unnoticed amongst the herd. Once I get around to restoring this, I’ll be ringing up BGresto.

276DDA6F-7C36-4871-8895-F8AD0A7EFF85 (resized).jpeg276DDA6F-7C36-4871-8895-F8AD0A7EFF85 (resized).jpeg2C4885F1-80DD-48C8-AF66-7384A9FAE369 (resized).jpeg2C4885F1-80DD-48C8-AF66-7384A9FAE369 (resized).jpeg
#6120 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

So, this Bally 2 in 1 from 1964 did not get any bids on eBay. I messaged the seller to make a deal but we were several hundreds apart. It ended up on a Columbus, OH online auction site and I ended up snagging this for less than my original offer. My better half was unaware of this so I have stashed the cabinet at work and have the backbox hiding unnoticed amongst the herd. Once I get around to restoring this, I’ll be ringing up BGresto.[quoted image][quoted image]

Glad you snagged it.

#6121 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

ebay.com link

Starting bid $200. That's what he should be paying someone to haul it away!

#6122 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

That was, of course, before the ocean overwhelmed our basement for three weeks!

#6123 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That was, of course, before the ocean overwhelmed our basement for three weeks!

Snort.

#6124 4 years ago

68 Bally ‘Rock Makers’. Hell yeah!

Guessing this one would appeal to “4 Million BC” fans and the movie Caveman starring Ringo Starr and babeage.

#6125 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

68 Bally ‘Rock Makers’. Hell yeah!
Guessing this one would appeal to “4 Million BC” fans and the movie Caveman starring Ringo Starr and babeage.
ebay.com link

Aw man, I want Rockmakers. I was all excited to place a bid and then I saw the cabinet...I can fix that.

Then I saw where it was...can’t fix that.

#6126 4 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Aw man, I want Rockmakers. I was all excited to place a bid and then I saw the cabinet...I can fix that.
Then I saw where it was...can’t fix that.

I’ve never had to do much to the cabinets on the pins that I have because all 5 were in above average shape but this doesn’t seem like an impossible repaint. I guess it would be time consuming though.

#6127 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I’ve never had to do much to the cabinets on the pins that I have because all 5 were in above average shape but this doesn’t seem like an impossible repaint. I guess it would be time consuming though.

The paint on this vintage Bally seems to be a common problem, just gets all flaky and falls off.

#6128 4 years ago

The BG and PF look to be in very good shape despite the typical Bally flaking on the CAB of that era.

#6129 4 years ago

ebay.com link: 1975 Bally BOW ARROW Beautiful Original Backglass Very Nice

WHY does anyone bother doing an auction listing with such poor & dark pix that show NOTHING ?
(Unless that is deliberate . . . . ) My B&A is in a garage under very mediocre ceiling shop lights, but if I took a picture with a not-very-good camera, while staggering drunk (which never happens, just being rhetorical here), I'm sure you could see everything to decent effect, and it would look WAY better than this. The game has NO retrofit LEDs, just the standard bulbs, and is not a game I would call at all dark. More to the contrary, actually.

#6130 4 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

The game has NO retrofit LEDs, just the standard bulbs.

That’s actually a plus!

#6131 4 years ago

Nice $650 Bally Hokus Pokus in Ohio.

1 week later
#6132 4 years ago

Something is odd about the playfield on this game. It looks like maybe it was completely painted over. The graphics are not like the original game. I don't think it's any kind of sample either. Decent enough job from what the pictures show, but no mention of it in the description.
ebay.com link: 1976 Williams BLUE CHIP Pinball Machine Excellent Condition

#6133 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Something is odd about the playfield on this game. It looks like maybe it was completely painted over. The graphics are not like the original game. I don't think it's any kind of sample either. Decent enough job from what the pictures show, but no mention of it in the description.
ebay.com link » 1976 Williams Blue Chip Pinball Machine Excellent Condition

The video mentions the repainted playfield.
It's odd that the flippers buzz when held in. This game should have rectified AC (DC) for the flippers.

#6134 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Something is odd about the playfield on this game. It looks like maybe it was completely painted over. The graphics are not like the original game.

You would know JR, I recall you having a very nice one at York a few years back.

#6135 4 years ago

A Lawman jr., err....Atlantis for sale.

#6136 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

A Lawman jr., err....Atlantis for sale.
ebay.com link

Gotta love that lockdown bar!

#6137 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Pretty cool if that’s a homemade job.

#6138 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

But would take some serious getting used to for flipper play I bet.

#6139 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Reminds me of a 60s Williams.

#6140 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Pretty cool if that’s a homemade job.

Not homemade, but two generations older than the one it should have. I've seen a lot of that lately. I could have traded bars with him. I recently got a mid-sixties game which had the mid-seventies bar on it. I traded with someone else though, and got the correct one now.
Many of the later '60s and mid '70s games are missing the lockdown bars, and the only aftermarket replacement available anymore (from PBR) are the older end-cap type as seen on this game.

1 week later
#6141 4 years ago

Not sure I’ve ever seen a 70s machine with as high a production number (over 6300) as this and be as rare to see.

#6142 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Not sure I’ve ever seen a 70s machine with as high a production number (over 6300) as this and be as rare to see.
ebay.com link

That’s @mistermoberg ’s

#6143 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Kinda agree, guessing a lot of them went to Europe.
I did manage to find and buy one.

#6144 4 years ago

Indeed often see Honeys on EBay etc in Germany

#6145 4 years ago

This is the first decent, reasonably priced 70s EM that has come up on eBay in over a year that was within a 2 hour drive from my house.

There were 4 bids on this one in a matter of hours. Good to see.

#6146 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

This is the first decent, reasonably priced 70s EM that has come up on eBay in over a year that was within a 2 hour drive from my house.

There were 4 bids on this one in a matter of hours. Good to see.

People might be deceived by the "Free Shipping" and placed a bid as they listed as such then says in the description they do not pay for shipping. You would think with 311 feedback they would know how to set their ebay listings correctly. Bad way to do an auction IMO.

#6147 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

People might be deceived by the "Free Shipping" and placed a bid as they listed as such then says in the description they do not pay for shipping. You would think with 311 feedback they would know how to set their ebay listings correctly. Bad way to do an auction IMO.

Funny you mention that. I was hinting to my wife that I was interested but the price has already gone up to about what I’d pay and she said maybe people are fooled by the “free shipping” line and I should see if it ends up getting re-listed.

I will.

#6148 4 years ago

Really hope someone buys this beauty. Just so cool and 72 years old.

#6149 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Really hope someone buys this beauty. Just so cool and 72 years old.
ebay.com link

That's a very nice example of this game. Love the cabinet side art on it.

#6150 4 years ago

A very "RARE 1950 Gottlieb Jungle King" is currently listed for $4500 B/O.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/123?hl=pinslot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.