(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,639 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 19 hours ago by Scottopus
  • Topic is favorited by 74 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
wcaso (resized).png
AC (resized).jpg
IMG_7148 (resized).JPG
IMG_6907 (resized).JPG
Plated pieces (resized).jpg
IMG_6783 (resized).JPG

There are 6,639 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 133.
#6051 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

"Beauty"? That webbing is looks funky.

Who cares about that if the price is right? Not to mention fixable.

#6052 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Who cares about that if the price is right? Not to mention fixable.

For me it's about how far I would have to drive to get it and what's gonna be the hammer price.

#6053 4 years ago

Is that a repaint? If so, it's a pretty good one.

#6054 4 years ago

Odin. That last bankaball listed on Ebay is in Whittier. How much closer to Fullerton does it need to be? Tom Garcia, the lister is a fair guy to deal with. I am pretty sure that he and I did a deal 10 yrs ago where he traded me a working WMS Space Odessey for a non working United Oasis ball bowler. I wonder if he ever got that bowler working? The space odessey is now in hands of the PPM and is now on display and for play at a space museum in the Bay area, I think.

#6055 4 years ago

Deal of the day!

Someone save this one!

ebay.com link: Big Brave Gottlieb Pinball 1974

#6056 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Odin. That last bankaball listed on Ebay is in Whittier. How much closer to Fullerton does it need to be? Tom Garcia, the lister is a fair guy to deal with. I am pretty sure that he and I did a deal 10 yrs ago where he traded me a working WMS Space Odessey for a non working United Oasis ball bowler. I wonder if he ever got that bowler working? The space odessey is now in hands of the PPM and is now on display and for play at a space museum in the Bay area, I think.

Kind of a strange looking bidding history.

#6057 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Deal of the day!
Someone save this one!
ebay.com link » Big Brave Gottlieb Pinball 1974

I’m also surprised no has snagged it. It’s not like it’s in some remote area of the country.

#6058 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I’m also surprised no has snagged it. It’s not like it’s in some remote area of the country.

If it were local to me it would already be gone.

#6059 4 years ago

So cool. Williams’ first.

Flipperless and I Might not ever get it running but I’d love to have it around.

ebay.com link: 0

#6060 4 years ago

Too cool. Wonder who sells replacement balls.

From an interview with Harry Williams on April 2, 1979, pinball historian Russ Jensen later wrote that Harry stated he "made one mistake in the design of that game, that of putting a "slope" to its playfield (instead of being perfectly vertical) because, [Harry] said, it made it more difficult for the player to shoot the ball with any velocity."

Glad that didn't deter him after he struck out on his own. Gut feeling tells me he has a bright future in pinball.

#6061 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Gut feeling tells me he has a bright future in pinball.

That's 20-20 gut hindsight!

#6062 4 years ago

This guy looks to be the ultimate EBay Scheister. This cool game keeps getting relisted. Scheisters gonna Scheist.

#6063 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

This guy looks to be the ultimate EBay Scheister. This cool game keeps getting relisted. Scheisters gonna Scheist.
ebay.com link

Neat game.. why a scheister exactly? could be people just don't realize the shipping costs or logistics involved?

#6064 4 years ago
Quoted from koji:

Neat game.. why a scheister exactly? could be people just don't realize the shipping costs or logistics involved?

Take a good look at his BS. Maybe just an a-hole.

#6065 4 years ago

Looks like a nice machine. Great colors.

#6066 4 years ago

Love to be closer to this one. Cabinet is rough but I’d buy it for that price.

#6067 4 years ago

Never seen a Lawman before. Great back glass and I too wish it were closer.

#6068 4 years ago

It looks like there's two of 'em there. No doubt he's selling the weaker one.

#6069 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Wow, good eyes there JR. Great looking machine.

#6070 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Definitely took notice of that. I still want it. I love the later EMs that have a ‘Collect Bonus’ countdown. That’s what I think is so cool about Lawman. It came out much earlier in 1971. It’s aquatic cousin Atlantis that came out four years later had no bonus countdown and that’s kind of weird to me.

Although Atlantis is beautiful, I’m a sucker for that ca-chunk collect bonus sound. Hope it finds a good home.

#6071 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Never seen a Lawman before. Great back glass and I too wish it were closer.

I never see them for sale anywhere either. Wonder when somebody snatches this one up. Location could be an issue.

#6072 4 years ago

Never seen one either. Bob Cunningham or Fast Eddie are always an option for those who are interested. They are cheap.

#6073 4 years ago

It's only a 3200 mile round trip for me.

#6074 4 years ago

You buy it, STI shipping would be about $400. Done it many times. Don’t need it. Atlantis is better.

#6075 4 years ago

Not ebay but looks like a nice project for the low price of free. sandiego.craigslist.org link

#6076 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I never see them for sale anywhere either. Wonder when somebody snatches this one up. Location could be an issue.

I've owned both "Lawman" and "Sheriff" in the past. I even had a Spanish single player wedgehead version by Maresa called "Dakota".
They've all gone to other owners long ago. Never owned an "Atlantis" though. I wish I would have the space and resources to keep them all, but I do not.

#6077 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I've owned both "Lawman" and "Sheriff" in the past. I even had a Spanish single player wedgehead version by Maresa called "Dakota".
They've all gone to other owners long ago. Never owned an "Atlantis" though. I wish I would have the space and resources to keep them all, but I do not.

Realistically I have only room for 1 more machine and am not interested in selling any of my other 5. My dilemma is that being a 70s EM fan and a late 70s SS fan too, I can’t decide which is going to be my next buy.

I’m hoping one will become available that just grabs me.

#6078 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Well, I wound up with this one (flash offering on eBay bucks helped). Interestingly, turns out the machine is in Central California, not South Dakota. It’s gonna need a total tear down and ground up restore. Have an inquiry in with Jeff to see if he can do custom stencils for me.

Also, seller tells me the big plastic next to drop targets is cracked. If anyone has a lead on Lawman plastics (yeah, I know), would certainly appreciate the help.
Alex

#6079 4 years ago
Quoted from gameroomfan:

Well, I wound up with this one (flash offering on eBay bucks helped). Interestingly, turns out the machine is in Central California, not South Dakota. It’s gonna need a total tear down and ground up restore. Have an inquiry in with Jeff to see if he can do custom stencils for me.
Also, seller tells me the big plastic next to drop targets is cracked. If anyone has a lead on Lawman plastics (yeah, I know), would certainly appreciate the help.
Alex

Will keep an eye out for the plastics.

#6080 4 years ago

Don’t see many of these around. Already a bid.

#6081 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

ebay.com link

Probably selling it due to a lack of electricity.

#6082 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

ebay.com link

Never saw an Eye of the Tiger -saw the playfield and thought hey, that's Sinbad. Then I went down the internet-search-rabbit-hole to learn the story....

"Gottlieb’s two-player electromechanical Eye of the Tiger was loosely based on Columbia Pictures’ 1977 feature film “Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger”. Gottlieb had recently been purchased by Columbia Pictures, and Sinbad represents one of the first attempts at synergy between a Columbia property and their newly acquired pinball division. Four-player electromechanical and solid state versions of the game were also made under the title Sinbad. Rules remain the same across both EM games, but differ slightly from the solid state version."

#6083 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Probably selling it due to a lack of electricity.

I live in an old part of the city with lots of old trees and overhead power lines. I’ve got a good generator with just enough heavy duty extension cords and adapters for a coffee maker, refrigerator, some lights and 5 pinball machines.

#6084 4 years ago

Gotta have the essentials.

#6085 4 years ago

I’ve played pinball running off my generator during a power outage before. Makes it even more special!

#6086 4 years ago
Quoted from Mathazar:

Never saw an Eye of the Tiger -saw the playfield and thought hey, that's Sinbad. Then I went down the internet-search-rabbit-hole to learn the story....
"Gottlieb’s two-player electromechanical Eye of the Tiger was loosely based on Columbia Pictures’ 1977 feature film “Sinbad and the Eye of the Tiger”. Gottlieb had recently been purchased by Columbia Pictures, and Sinbad represents one of the first attempts at synergy between a Columbia property and their newly acquired pinball division. Four-player electromechanical and solid state versions of the game were also made under the title Sinbad. Rules remain the same across both EM games, but differ slightly from the solid state version."

80spit brought a beautiful Eye of the Tiger to the York show a couple years ago. My wife really liked it, but I didn’t have enough cash to buy it. I think that’s the only one I’ve ever seen in person.

#6087 4 years ago
Quoted from wolverinetuner:

80spit brought a beautiful Eye of the Tiger to the York show a couple years ago. My wife really liked it, but I didn’t have enough cash to buy it. I think that’s the only one I’ve ever seen in person.

Do you recall the price?

#6088 4 years ago

I can’t find the listing on eBay anymore so I guess the seller let the Eye of the Tiger go on the 1 bid of $925.

#6089 4 years ago
Quoted from gameroomfan:

Alex

PM sent.

Matt

#6090 4 years ago

Williams "BoBo". Not bad really. Tough one to find. Missing that extremely rare lockdown bar though.
ebay.com link: 1961 Williams BoBo Pinball Machine Project Bozo Clown Theme

#6091 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Williams "BoBo". Not bad really. Tough one to find. Missing that extremely rare lockdown bar though.

A new/old school lockdown bar could be fairly easily fashioned out of wood & a couple of carriage bolts.
Steve Kordek in a past interview, for some reason said this game was a big disappointment for him.

#6092 4 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

A new/old school lockdown bar could be fairly easily fashioned out of wood & a couple of carriage bolts.
Steve Kordek in a past interview, for some reason said this game was a big disappointment for him.

If I remember right from my Williams Darts, it was just a piece of extruded aluminum over a hunk of wood with carriage bolts.

#6093 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

If I remember right from my Williams Darts, it was just a piece of extruded aluminum over a hunk of wood with carriage bolts.

It was. A friend with a body shop ended up with a Darts last year where the wood backing was there but the aluminum extrusion was missing. He formed a piece of 16 gauge or thinner aluminum easily to remake it. Then the original showed up from the guy he got the game from.

A missing lock bar here is much much easier to replace with some simple woodworking skills than the $$$ it takes to come up with a 1973 to 1976 Gottlieb lock bar these days.

#6094 4 years ago

Still no takers on this??????

Man, a deal and a half. At this point he would most likely take another $50.00 off! If this guy had a dozen of these and was local I would buy them all at that price!

ebay.com link: itm

#6095 4 years ago

Yep, great deal. If I wasn't on the other side of the planet I'd rush out and buy it in a heart-beat. Wouldn't even bother haggling.
~ Mal ~

1 week later
#6096 4 years ago

Just went down another $50.00 on the BIN price, so $300.00. Still has best offer so I'm betting someone could pick this up for $250.00. The deal is now a steal!

ebay.com link: itm

#6097 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Just went down another $50.00 on the BIN price, so $300.00. Still has best offer so I'm betting someone could pick this up for $250.00. The deal is now a steal!
ebay.com link

Just a little over 18 hours away for you Ken.

#6098 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Just a little over 18 hours away for you Ken.

Nope, over 20 hours.

Can't complain though, got a buddy picking up a pin for me in Arizona in the next couple days.

Now if I can only get him to head North..................hum..............

#6099 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

ebay.com link

About time this sold! Anyone here get it??

ebay.com link: Big Brave Gottlieb Pinball 1974

1 week later
#6100 4 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Klondike was my second pin and the game that really fueled my pin addiction. I've owned it a couple times now and would revisit it again.

Please excuse the 1-year-later reply. I'm catching up on a thread I had visited regularly, but from which I've been absent for some time. Klondike was the game that really got me hooked on pinball, back in college days. When I became a game owner and went looking for one, they seemed to be scarce. This was prior to my discovering Pinside. I did manage to acquire a Jackpot, the 4-player version, which just has some different artwork. (I think a great many games did wind up going overseas, some of them eventually coming back here, which could have something to do with their relative scarcity. While not the best example of this because only 1100 were made in the first place, my Safecracker has parts-description stickers in French inside the backbox, such as on the token dispenser tubes. I think there was something like that going on with the Jackpot, but it's been awhile and I'd have to check to refresh my memory.)

Anyway, I'm of the belief that a 4-player version of a game has to be a lot more utilitarian than the single player version. Yes, you will see a single player in tournaments from time to time, but this tends to become a bottleneck for the tourney. Klondike / Jackpot (and I think there was a 2-player version as well ?) is much more difficult than it looks. If you can effectively control the slot reels and take advantage of that -- with only the indirect caroms that are available -- you are a far better player than I have ever been, or ever will be. I find the flippers on this game to be on the weak side, particularly when it comes to trying to make those saucer shots up top. While I have put stronger flipper coils on my Bally games, I'm not sure what could be done for a Williams game of this period. The flipper mechs on mine are normal, not in any deficient state. If I ever put this game into a tournament, I would like to challenge some of the better local players (many of them regularly showing great prowess with the *modern* games) to light the Klondike 1000 points bumper by making both saucer shots on the same ball. Yeah, good luck with that ! (Maybe with stronger flippers than the game was designed for.) It would be one key to doing well in a game I very seldom win a replay on.

Curiously enough, the Captain's Warehouse in Orange County had a couple Klondikes (and maybe also a Jackpot ?) up for sale, within the last 8 months. Condition unknown to me, but probably not so good. Had not seen any listed over there for several years prior. And they sold for a rather small fraction of the eBay prices.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
1,600 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop
Armor and blades
$ 11.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens
Sound/Speakers
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 6,639 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/122?hl=knxwledge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.