(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 133.
#5901 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Why 2 "Total Play" meters?

Or maybe one stopped working and instead of replacing it, they just unhooked it and left it in place to still show how many total games were played.

#5902 4 years ago

Total plays (coin and replay)/Coined games.

#5903 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

Probably to tally free games won. Instead of having to do the math between the coin box and the play meter.

#5904 4 years ago
Quoted from Playdium:

it was common on sample games to have two one to show games paid for VS games won

#5905 4 years ago

Don't know if any of you guys are interested in non arcade em stuff, but figured this would be the place to post this. They are auctioning a super rare Vibratory Doctor : https://www.estatesales.net/OH/Willoughby/44094/2293443

#5906 4 years ago

About 2 months ago I was wondering why there were so few EMs and early SSs coming up on EBay and then wham! It’s been a huge run the last 30 days on some really cool machines, including this newly listed bad boy.

Get em while they’re hot.
ebay.com link: 0

#5907 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

About 2 months ago I was wondering why there were so few EMs and early SSs coming up on EBay and then wham! It’s been a huge run the last 30 days on some really cool machines, including this newly listed bad boy.
ebay.com link

Ooh, nice!

#5908 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

ebay.com link

In Philly. Nice. I’m sure ZNET and Colsond3 are all over this one. Playfield looks better than mine and BG has a couple issus but still very good. Already at 844 with 6 days to go. I’m going to guess it will hit 1,500 min and probably closer to 2k.

#5909 4 years ago

And this one, I’d love to have if it was closer.

#5910 4 years ago

1978 Strange World just sold on eBay.
Hopefully it doesn’t lead to a divorce.

#5911 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

1978 Strange World just sold on eBay.
Hopefully it doesn’t lead to a divorce.

Sold for a little less than I thought it would. If I wanted that machine I would have paid more. Luckily I'm out of money and space.

#5912 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Sold for a little less than I thought it would. If I wanted that machine I would have paid more. Luckily I'm out of money and space.

Ha. I’m at 5, with space for 1 more and by the look I got the other day when mentioning that, I guess I’m outta money too.

#5913 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Ha. I’m at 5, with space for 1 more and by the look I got the other day when mentioning that, I guess I’m outta money too.

I only have room for 5 pins and 1 gun game, just looking for the gun game down the road. I like my line up on pin titles so I am set there for quite a while.

#5914 4 years ago

Holy moly, the action on this 1970 Bally Skyrocket was hot and heavy the last 30 minutes. Seller be like...

#5915 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Holy moly, the action on this 1970 Bally Skyrocket was hot and heavy the last 30 minutes. Seller be like...

eBay pricing going crazy right now on EM's. A Bally Sky Rocket in good condition should go for $1200.00 IMO. (price police may argue to differ).

Of course the reality is the price you get is the price.

Then there was the Close Encounters that sold at $3550.00. That game was selling for $1200.00 just last year. Then there was Double up for $4550.00, not even a good player, just OK IMO. Strange World shot up in price too as a couple years ago you could pick one up for $2500.00, now sold for $3802.00, which was actually a deal considering the prices of the others, thought that should have sold for $4500.00.

#5916 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

eBay pricing going crazy right now on EM's. A Bally Sky Rocket in good condition should go for $1200.00 IMO, not (price police may argue to differ).
Of course the reality is the price you get is the price.
Then there was the Close Encounters that sold at $3550.00. That game was selling for $1200.00 just last year. Then there was Double up for $4550.00, not even a good player, just OK IMO. Strange World shot up in price too as a couple years ago you could pick one up for $2500.00, now sold for $3802.00, which was actually a deal considering the prices of the others, thought that should have sold for $4500.00.
_________________________________________________________________________________________
Well seeing so many folks apparently have disposable income I should put my hand out as well seeing our "Rare, think steak?, no lets not" 1977 Bally Mata Hari EM must be worth a small, no make that a treasure chest fortune. Barrels of dollars that others apparently others don't need are now welcomed here. Phrases come to mind that folks have told me in the past like" If you have to ask how much, you probably can't afford it" and when someone asks" How much is it?" and the other party says "how much you got?"
So think big folks, bigger than life itself! Offer big, the bigger the better! The sky is the limit, not really, go into outer space with your offer! Remember crazy money spent is well worth it! Don't worry it's only money and you can make more, might take a while but so what! Don't worry about your wife saying your spending too much, she is just mad you are not giving it to her!
So get in line with the others and throw in an offer so insane that it puts metal hospitals out of business!
PM me with your "Over The Top" offer, set off our buzzer, and my wife and I will consider it.
It should be noted that the machine is not currently listed for sale anywhere, just testing interest and the river of crazy money waters. [quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Worth a shot.

The Mata Hari EM. I can’t think of any game that I’d rather have in my collection and I know it’s not likely to happen with only 170 made. Seems like I remember someone on EBay about 10 years ago selling a beautiful one and if I’m not mistaken he was asking $15,000 as a starting price. I don’t remember what actually transpired after that.

I’ve been known to overpay for machines but i don’t feel bad now for paying $900 for an Aladdin’s Castle last fall. The Retro Pinball craze seems to be upon us. I guess I’m just as caught up in it too because every job I do in someone’s house, I always look in the basement and imagine how many Pinball machines would fit in there. About 25 I’m guessing, where I’m working today.

#5917 4 years ago

Skyrocket is pretty unique game with it's playfield light show. And it is a Bally....

#5918 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

I’ve been known to overpay for machines but i don’t feel bad now for paying $900 for an Aladdin’s Castle last fall.

That's funny, as I paid the same for mine. Playfield and Backglass are in great shape that's why I bit. A keeper for sure. Just finishing up the restore on mine. I know the game is put down by some, but I think it is a great game. Fast, good flow, and fun shots. With the 3 flippers you have to play it differently than 2 flipper games, more bounce and less flip or it will eat you up which really makes it stand apart from other games. Eye candy to look at too. The "Over The Top" buzzer is cool too when you flip the score.

#5919 4 years ago

If you want a pricy one, seek out an EM Evel Knievel. Mata Haris seem more common.

#5920 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

That's funny, as I paid the same for mine. Playfield and Backglass are in great shape that's why I bit. A keeper for sure. Just finishing up the restore on mine. I know the game is put down by some, but I think it is a great game. Fast, good flow, and fun shots. With the 3 flippers you have to play it differently than 2 flipper games, more bounce and less flip or it will eat you up which really makes it stand apart from other games. Eye candy to look at too.

Yeah I really like my AC too. It had 2 small issues when I bought it. One was the coil on the 1000 point chime was cooked and the other is the ‘Ball in Play’ lights and the ‘Player 1&2’ Up lights don’t work. I replaced the chime coil but have never been able to figure out the Ball in Play lights not working. Sockets and bulbs are all good and the wiring seems solid and the Player Unit stepper is clean and lined up properly. It’s a mystery but still a blast to play.

#5921 4 years ago

Skyrocket over $2600, unrestored?!? Whoo wee!!!

I mean, in my opinion it is in the top 5 all-time EM’s, but still... wow. A fair number of low-production games aren’t that fun, but Skyrocket is a big exception to that.

#5922 4 years ago

Noone said it actually sold.
download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#5923 4 years ago

Back to normal pricing now.

ebay.com link: itm

#5924 4 years ago

I've got a really nice Sinbad EM I was thinking of bringing to York. But that crazy price for the Close Encounters on Ebay has me thinking twice about York vs on-line. What are Sinbad EM's worth? I did some research but can't find out any sales from the recent past. I don't need to be crazy on my pricing, but I sure don't want to sell it for 1200-1500 if it could bring 2000-3000 on Ebay!

#5925 4 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

but I sure don't want to sell it for 1200-1500 if it could bring 2000-3000 on Ebay!

$1200-$1500.00 was last years price, this year outer space is the limit!!

#5926 4 years ago

#5927 4 years ago

I've found the best playing, best looking games rarely cost the most. I'm glad some collectors only want "rare" items.

Of course the rare ones I have would be completely off their radar. Just as well...

#5928 4 years ago

#5929 4 years ago

And I know a guy that picked one up at yard sale for $300.

#5930 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And I know a guy that picked one up at yard sale for $300.

Cool ! I'll offer him top dollar and double the amount he paid!

#5931 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Holy bat chunks Batman!! Look at the price of this one!! Insane!!
ebay.com link » Bally 1977 Mata Hari Em Pinball Machine

I wrote him asking "Seriously, $29K?" Thinking he may have fat fingered an extra 0.

He responded "Yep, just listed"

#5932 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I wrote him asking "Seriously, $29K?" Thinking he may have fat fingered an extra 0.

The guy must be insane Mike.

#5933 4 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

The guy must be insane Mike.

If we weren't sure before he has removed all doubt, Ken.

#5934 4 years ago

#5935 4 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

I’m tempted since it says OBO, to offer him $9000. Of course I’ll be taking up a collection here soon if he accepts.

#5936 4 years ago

Least he could do for $29,000 is put more than 5 crappy pictures up. It’s also weird that some of us were just gushing about the Mata Hari EM on here just 3-4 hours ago, then voila!

With only 170 made....coincidence?

#5937 4 years ago

If you need it that bad just buy the solid state version, save a bunch of money, and get a good night's sleep.

#5938 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you need it that bad just buy the solid state version, save a bunch of money, and get a good night's sleep.

No need. Just making a funny. I don’t need to buy the SS version either. That memory from 1979 at a bowling alley in Delaware listening to Donna Summer on the jukebox is sufficient.

#5939 4 years ago

My buddy had both versions. MH EM is sweet. I got to play the EM Evel recently. No big deal. Not worth 10 grand anyway. I was more enthused with his Bally El Toro. I couldn't stop playing that one.

#5940 4 years ago

Well that was a big bunch of BS apparently.

Ended in less than 24 hrs.

#5941 4 years ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

Ended in less than 24 hrs.

No Kidding!

#5942 4 years ago

Although I'm obviously an EM guy, the SS versions of many of these games play much better. The manufacturers began making faster playing games with multiple targets and strategies which simply outgrew EM technology.
I had a Bally "Bow and Arrow" that played so fast after I shopped it, that it became blatantly obvious to me why SS technology was the necessary next step for pinball evolution. This is particularly true for multi-player games, where memory is an absolute must.

#5943 4 years ago

I was really bummed when solid state first showed up with beeping noises and a hollow feeling. Like life as we'd known it had ended.

But damn, we must have got mostly the crappy ones around here, because I never remember one like that Bally Skateball or Frontier that I have now.

#5944 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Although I'm obviously an EM guy, the SS versions of many of these games play much better. The manufacturers began making faster playing games with multiple targets and strategies which simply outgrew EM technology.

Well it's quite a statement Joe,from a true em guy but I have to say I'm a em guy too and just got done shopping a Bally 8-ball man that's a fast playing machine, I can see the transition working for a partial em feeling.
And yes I have the ss version of Joker Poker and Cleopatra.

#5945 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I had a Bally "Bow and Arrow" that played so fast after I shopped it, that it became blatantly obvious to me why SS technology was the necessary next step for pinball evolution. This is particularly true for multi-player games, where memory is an absolute must.

Agree.
I think it’s related to whatever era you were in when pinball grabbed you. I appreciate both but will always hold the 1977 Bally Eight Ball as my favorite. The thrill of playing it at the local mall arcade as a 14 yo in 1978 still is there when I play it today.

I’m just now fully appreciating the EMs from the 70s.

#5946 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I was really bummed when solid state first showed up with beeping noises and a hollow feeling. Like life as we'd known it had ended.
But damn, we must have got mostly the crappy ones around here, because I never remember one like that Bally Skateball or Frontier that I have now.

Those early Gottlieb SS "bleep, bloop, bleep" sound boards really are awful!

#5947 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Hah, I'm working on a Bally Star Trek. It makes my wife's ears bleed, she hates the way it sounds.

#5948 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Hah, I'm working on a Bally Star Trek. It makes my wife's ears bleed, she hates the way it sounds.

Or how about a Bally Mystic? At least it was unique.

#5949 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

At least the early SS machines still retained the chime units which still have you that EM feeling.

#5950 4 years ago
Quoted from ckcsm:

At least the early SS machines still retained the chime units which still have you that EM feeling.

I was considering adding a chime box to Star Trek as I understand that there is a way to do it but the sound effects don't bother me that much.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 119 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/119 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.