(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 8 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 133.
#5701 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Oh, look! IT'S IN THE NORTHEAST.

And if it were in So Cal, I would already be bidding on it to replace my Dealer's Choice. I even have an NOS Backglass for it.

#5702 6 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

And if it were in So Cal, I would already be bidding on it to replace my Dealer's Choice. I even have an NOS Backglass for it.

BTW, I recommend resetting the card bank at the start of a game. It doesn't do this by default... but should! Maybe stack an extra switch on the start button or coin relay.

#5703 6 years ago

I've always liked "Lucky Ace". I've had one of them as well as two copies of "Dealer's Choice", but they're all gone now. NOS backglass, you say? Wow, that's nice! I sold my "Lucky Ace" years ago, and the buyer also bought a Gottlieb "Top Score" from me as well. He made the trip back to his home, but later told me that he unfortunately broke the backglass of the "Lucky Ace" either unloading it, or in the process of setting up the game. I don't know if he was ever able to find a replacement for it.

#5704 6 years ago

I like Lucky Ace. Single player. Problem is the shipping. (About $400). Buy it now price of $600 is now gone.

#5705 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I like Lucky Ace. Single player. Problem is the shipping. (About $400). Buy it now price of $600 is now gone.

Yup! Somebody saw value in a $200 opening bid!

Nic, I agree. I can't see starting a game with either of the sequence features already started. But I could see it might have been an incentive to "Drop just one more dime!" back in the day......

#5706 6 years ago

Another project at a good price to save from the parts bin:

ebay.com link: 1975 Bally KNOCKOUT pinball machine non working project or for parts

#5707 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

BTW, I recommend resetting the card bank at the start of a game. It doesn't do this by default... but should! Maybe stack an extra switch on the start button or coin relay.

I like the idea of keeping the card bank from resetting at the beginning of a game - keeps the player engaged for potentially more games; the free ball isn’t easy to snag, especially with the rebound post next to the outline set in conservative position.

#5708 6 years ago

Well, I want one of these, but I think I am a few dollars short so I will have to pass. One of these went for $1000.00 4 years ago on eBay which I kick myself for not buying as there was only 1 bidder believe it or not. So my question is what is the real price that these go for in good condition these days? $2000.00 - $3000.00?

ebay.com link: Bally EM MATA HARI Pinball Machine Works Totally Redone super rare 170 made

#5710 6 years ago

Project deal of the day. Could be from Termite City Florida? On a porch for 20 years, YIKES! New cabinet most likely needed:

ebay.com link: Williams Klondike Pinball machine parts or repair Pickup Only Lakeland Fl

#5711 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Certainly not $9000...

But it includes the "original coin box"! That's gotta be worth at least $6K right there!

#5712 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Well, I want one of these, but I think I am a few dollars short so I will have to pass. One of these went for $1000.00 4 years ago on eBay which I kick myself for not buying as there was only 1 bidder believe it or not. So my question is what is the real price that these go for in good condition these days? $2000.00 - $3000.00?

Quoted from NicoVolta:

Certainly not $9000...

Quoted from CactusJack:

But it includes the "original coin box"! That's gotta be worth at least $6K right there!

Well an average Joker Poker EM sold on eBay recently for $3000.00 and it was listed for a bit, so I don't think I am too far off my estimate with a Bally EM Mata Hari as it has low numbers made as well.

#5713 6 years ago

Unless it's trashed, I think an EM Mata Hari would be at least $3K these days. The problem is, I don't think any collectors would let theirs go for that little.

#5714 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Project deal of the day. Could be from Termite City Florida? On a porch for 20 years, YIKES! New cabinet most likely needed:
ebay.com link » Williams Klondike Pinball Machine Parts Or Repair Pickup Only Lakeland Fl

Too much of a nightmare. It's close but think I'll pass.

#5715 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

ebay.com link » Bally Em Mata Hari Pinball Machine Works Totally Redone Super Rare 170 Made

B.I.N. price is often jacked up. You never know who will pop, or so that's the thinking. More realistically, game could fetch $4000 or so, but who knows for sure. Jean Cunningham. Yeah, I've met her!

#5716 6 years ago

So, Jean Jean, the Dancing Machine?

Good catch, Jr.

#5718 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Price Reduction! Only $120.00 BIN!
ebay.com link » Williams Klondike Pinball Machine Parts Or Repair Pickup Only Lakeland Fl

When it gets down below $100 I might bite. Looks like a fun game. Single player. Going to St. Pete next week anyways.

#5719 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

When it gets down below $100 I might bite. Looks like a fun game. Single player. Going to St. Pete next week anyways.

I bet if you emailed him and made him that offer he would take it. He bought it at an estate sale a day ago and it seems he wants to unload it fast, most likely bought it in a bulk buy. Fun game that has a lot of luck going for it, just like a slot machine, I had 2. I gave bgresto.com the file for the backglass so you are set there if needed. Playfield Plastics are available from Pinball Rescue.net. We got a guy in Texas you could contact that could build you a whole new cabinet if needed as well. Playfield looks fine except for dirt, might have some kick out hole wear but that is normal for this title. Love the artwork and colors.

#5720 6 years ago

Ah, what the hell? This should be fun!

#5721 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Price Reduction! Only $120.00 BIN!

Looks like minimally a lot of great Williams parts on that game. Strip it, and burn the rest of it.

#5722 6 years ago

Maybe it's a diamond in the rot. No need for shipping blankets on this one. I'll bring them anyways to keep my trailer clean.

#5723 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Maybe it's a diamond in the rot. No need for shipping blankets on this one. I'll bring them anyways to keep my trailer clean.

Pics please when you can - I have a soft spot for that title. Klondike was the first pin that I can remember actually being able to win games on when it was on location.........

#5724 6 years ago

All I know is that if I had my choice between buying a slot machine or Klondike, Klondike would win hands down. Better chance at winning and more fun to play. Just a note, it may not look like it, but the plunger shot is super important on the game.

#5725 6 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Pics please when you can - I have a soft spot for that title. Klondike was the first pin that I can remember actually being able to win games on when it was on location.........

Klondike was actually the very first pin I ever played.

#5726 6 years ago

Klondike was my second pin and the game that really fueled my pin addiction. I've owned it a couple times now and would revisit it again.

#5727 6 years ago

There's a Klondike for sale on Austin Craigslist right now, here's the link. I know this is the Ebay thread, but since Klondike is being discussed, I posted it here. I'll put it over on the CL thread too:

austin.craigslist.org link

#5728 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

ebay.com link » Bally Em Mata Hari Pinball Machine Works Totally Redone Super Rare 170 Made

He wants $9,000.00 and it doesn't even play perfect? (One player only) If you want the money fix the pin, which is still over priced. Ebay worst thing that ever happened to pinball.

#5729 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

He wants $9,000.00 and it doesn't even play perfect? (One player only) If you want the money fix the pin, which is still over priced. Ebay worst thing that ever happened to pinball.

I don't know. I've gotten some really good deals on eBay. As I said, the B.I.N. price is often intentionally unrealistically high. Just trolling for a sucker.
At least they're being honest telling you what's wrong with it. They apparently don't know how to fix it, and they probably don't want to call back the service guy who they imply may have broken it. It would probably be an easy fix for anyone who knows enough about that game to buy it.

#5730 6 years ago

deal of the day, .99 cent start bid no reserve!

Viva Las Vegas!!

ebay.com link: 1978 Mattel Electronics Las Vegas Pinball machine vintage

#5731 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I got one for 1500 locally via craigslist a few years back - decent shape but not great- with repro backglass, rescreened original playfield, repro side rails, that puts my cost for a real nice restored game at about 2475$...my guess is that for this title, a fully restored example could fetch $3500.. As for.9k? I doubt it but ya never know after viewing those Tulsa auction prices.

#5733 6 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Big Deal of the day:
ebay.com link » Big Deal Antique Vinrage Pinball Machine

Old games bring out the VINRAGE!!!

#5735 6 years ago
#5736 6 years ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

ebay.com link » 1975 D Gottlieb Atlantis Museum Restoration 400 Hours Labor Alone
sounds reasonable

Funny, no bids yet....

#5737 6 years ago
Quoted from MrBally:

Funny, no bids yet....

He may have had some "Make Offers".

I may offer $1.00 lol

However, it does look nice.

1 month later
#5738 6 years ago

WMS Hot Line on ebay that is not totally over-priced
ebay.com link: Williams Hot line pinball machine

#5739 6 years ago

This Poker Face auction ends today (Starting bid is set at $650) not sure if it has a reserve
looks in fairly DECENT CONDITION
and not too overpriced with buy it now at $900
Location in CALIF.

ebay.com link: Poker Face Rare Vintage 1953 Pinball Machine

#5740 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

This Poker Face auction ends today (Starting bid is set at $650) not sure if it has a reserve
looks in fairly DECENT CONDITION
and not too overpriced with buy it now at $900
Location in CALIF.

ebay.com link » Poker Face Rare Vintage 1953 Pinball Machine

Free shipping? Did the seller make a mistake?

#5741 6 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Free shipping? Did the seller make a mistake?

if you dig into the description details, it states that is not the case (no free shipping)
and he was not able to remove the free shipping notice, but he will work with NAVL

#5742 6 years ago

I didn't look at the description but I bet seeing that "free shipping" gave the seller a heart attack for a moment before quickly adding no free shipping in the description. (it looks like a fun game from the description)

#5744 6 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

ebay.com link » Pinball Machine

This is a Big Daddy auction. The seller originally described the machine as having been made in the forties or fifties and later added a correction indicating 1963 as the date of manufacture. Apart from the evident failure of the seller to conduct even a mere internet search of the game, prior to posting, the seller didn't even bother to place the game's title in the eBay auction title. I think that outside of the hobby, people view all pinball machines as essentially fungible goods.

Can you imagine listing a car for sale on eBay by simply describing it as "motor vehicle" or "blue car" or some other generic description? Sheesh!

#5745 6 years ago

Unknown (resized).jpgUnknown (resized).jpg

#5746 6 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

This is a Big Daddy auction. The seller originally described the machine as having been made in the forties or fifties and later added a correction indicating 1963 as the date of manufacture. Apart from the evident failure of the seller to conduct even a mere internet search of the game, prior to posting, the seller didn't even bother to place the game's title in the eBay auction title. I think that outside of the hobby, people view all pinball machines as essentially fungible goods.
Can you imagine listing a car for sale on eBay by simply describing it as "motor vehicle" or "blue car" or some other generic description? Sheesh!

From the ad: "Machine works when plugged in, scoring mechanism works but the middle wheel may only need glue on it (see picture)."

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#5747 6 years ago

ebay.com link: Vintage Gottlieb Pinball Machine
There's a Bank Shot in New Jersey for $375.00.

#5748 6 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

ebay.com link » Vintage Gottlieb Pinball Machine
There's a Bank Shot in New Jersey for $375.00.

It's a no brainier if you live in the area especially if it has the button style lockdown bar.

#5749 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

It's a no brainier if you live in the area especially if it has the button style lockdown bar.

Agreed.

#5750 6 years ago

Tis gone

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/115?hl=bkbirge and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.