(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 133.
#5601 6 years ago

Yup. Here are the linear-drive flipper mechs in this sample Atlantis.

IMG_6343 (resized).JPGIMG_6343 (resized).JPG

Also, notice the flasher bulb in the insert! Some clown put 455s under all of them.

Most samples for Gottlieb games aren’t different than their production run, but Atlantis sure had a bunch of notable distinctions.

#5602 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Interesting. Unfortunately, I've never gotten that intimate with a sample "Atlantis"!

i also believe other than the different sling plastic the sample plastics had a slightly different color. at first i thought they were faded, but some colors are darker and some lighter. production on the right samples on the left

20170907_202051 (resized).jpg20170907_202051 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#5603 6 years ago

Hay-Ride in Massachusetts. Buy it now at $200.

ebay.com link: Ballys Hayride pinbll machine

#5605 6 years ago

If I didn't have a nice Buccaneer, I'd be all over that Barnacle Bill.

Here's a Big Daddy in Ky. that looks to be in decent original condition.

ebay.com link: Williams Big Daddy Pinball Machine

#5606 6 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

ebay.com link » Ballys Hayride Pinbll Machine

There was a pretty nice "Harvest" for sale at the York show. It didn't sell. I was tempted, but would prefer a "Hay-Ride". This one is a little rough, but it might go cheap. I believe there was one at the Allentown show either this past one, or last year's. I didn't pull the trigger on it, because the playfield wasn't very good on it. I'd like to find a nice one. It's such a great looking machine.

1 week later
#5607 6 years ago

pittsburgh.craigslist.org link
Williams Rancho $250

Ranchoad2 (resized).pngRanchoad2 (resized).png

Added over 6 years ago: Oops - wrong thread!

#5609 6 years ago

Those two are listed on CL as well. Was eyeballing the Riverboat but out of my range at the moment.

#5610 6 years ago
Quoted from monsonb:

ebay.com link » Ballys Hayride Pinbll Machine

I lost the auction at $ 306. No worries. The buyer/flipper has it relisted now at $ 1,100 OBO.

#5611 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

I lost the auction at $ 306. No worries. The buyer/flipper has it relisted now at $ 1,100 OBO.

I was out around $200-$250, thought it was a little on the rough side. $1100 huh? Good luck with that.

#5612 6 years ago

Yeah, I screwed it up and put in the opening bid at $ 50 rather than take the $ 200 BIN. I did this after a quick check that showed it was gonna be a 22 hour round trip to pick it up. I figured that by the time the listing ended, I would have either moved on or warmed up to the idea of a crazy road trip.

Why does all the good stuff seems to be up in your neck of the woods ? Anything good always seems to be at least 4 hours away.

#5613 6 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Joker Poker / Electro-mechanical (EM), 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1978
Production: 820
Cost: $3400
Contact/Link: ebay.com link: JOKER POKER EM PINBALL Gottlieb 1978 Electromechanical Rare machine game

#5614 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Yeah, I screwed it up and put in the opening bid at $ 50 rather than take the $ 200 BIN. I did this after a quick check that showed it was gonna be a 22 hour round trip to pick it up. I figured that by the time the listing ended, I would have either moved on or warmed up to the idea of a crazy road trip.
Why does all the good stuff seems to be up in your neck of the woods ? Anything good always seems to be at least 4 hours away.

I would have taken the BIN in a heartbeat!

I'm not sure about "all good deals" being up here, second to last trip was from CT -> MD and most of my road trips seem to be 2-4 hours one way. The population density does seem to spawn more machines around here though, of course a large number hold no interest to me. And the same density also spawns a large number of competitors so it is all a wash.

Have to be quick and move at a moments notice if something pops up or it is gone... You would be surprised at the number of machines that pop up and are gone without a trace. Frankly I'm surprised that Hayride surfaced, been my experience that once purchased that is the last you see.

1 week later
#5616 6 years ago

The thread title does say "nice looking"! Yeah, I've seen worse, but that's a parts game to most mortals.

#5617 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

The thread title does say "nice looking"! Yeah, I've seen worse, but that's a parts game to most mortals.

You're gonna need a new playfield and an extreme devotion to bring this one back to life. That's just a start. Too far gone!

#5618 6 years ago

I was looking at that Gigi and this one caught my eye. I thought the description was pretty funny.

ebay.com link: A Crappy Bally MotorDome Pinball Machine

#5619 6 years ago

Not on ebay
but in an upcoming auction in So Cal
WMS DARTS
LOOKS TO BE IN VERY NICE WORKING CONDITION
https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/bsccapt/catalogue-id-bsccapt10078/lot-08dd61f1-52c7-4d8e-8525-a82f000b5150

#5620 6 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Not on ebay
but in an upcoming auction in So Cal
WMS DARTS
LOOKS TO BE IN VERY NICE WORKING CONDITION
https://www.bidspotter.com/en-us/auction-catalogues/bsccapt/catalogue-id-bsccapt10078/lot-08dd61f1-52c7-4d8e-8525-a82f000b5150

That has to be a repro backglass!

#5621 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That has to be a repro backglass!

Possible it is original depending on how it was stored. The upper part of mine is just starting to delaminate which is why I sealed it right quick. The lower part is perfect. The controls on this one look well used to the point the anodizing on the shooter and loader is gone. PF looks nice though.

#5622 6 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Possible it is original depending on how it was stored. The upper part of mine is just starting to delaminate which is why I sealed it right quick. The lower part is perfect. The controls on this one look well used to the point the anodizing on the shooter and loader is gone. PF looks nice though.

I think "Darts" has more lamps in it's head than any other game. I don't think I've ever seen one with a good glass. That one looks damn near perfect. Mine was really bad, but I used the Triple Thick and plastic wrap method to make it somewhat passable. Now I have a Shay repro for it. It's a very good copy.

1 week later
#5624 6 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Drool. It's only $ 4,900.
ebay.com link » Bally Capersville Pinball Machine Full Chrome New Backglass And More
Guess I should offer mine up for 2k

Bally, 1966
5,120 produced

I'm sorry but the ad says very rare. The average run back then was a 1,000 and this has over 5,000! Just how crazy and I do mean crazy do sellers have to be? All this does is make the price go up for no reason other than greed.

All common sense has left.

#5625 6 years ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Bally, 1966
5,120 produced
I'm sorry but the ad says very rare. The average run back then was a 1,000 and this has over 5,000! Just how crazy and I do mean crazy do sellers have to be? All this does is make the price go up for no reason other than greed.
All common sense has left.

I always laugh when I see 1000 units listed as rare.

Back in the 60's that was an *average* run more or less.

Capersville's 5000 unit run was an anomaly for the times.

#5626 6 years ago

Bally Capersville Pinball Machine Full Chrome New Backglass And More

Betcha it was a former Herb Silvers special edition From SoCal
since he always liked to chrome everything

#5627 6 years ago

5,000 may not sound rare but try to find one. I think someone else speculated that a lot of these went overseas.
Yeah, there is a little too much chrome on this game after closer review. Plus they went to plastic pop bumper skirts instead of the original metal ones. The pictures look washed out or the cabinet color was painted too yellow instead of green.

1 week later
#5628 6 years ago

ebay.com link: pinball

1964 Gottlieb Sea-Shore...You just don't see this one for sale. Bad cabinet paint. Good restoration candidate. I wish this one was in my neck of the woods.

#5629 6 years ago

ebay.com link: KNOCK OUT PINBALL GTB 1950 CLASSIC WOOD RAIL PINBALL

This guy in Australia also states that he has a 1951 Mermaid for sale. It is pictured next to this Knock Out and not listed anywhere on ebay.

He is also selling:(none of them listed on Ebay)
Wagon Train
Sittin Pretty
Rocket Ship
World Champ
Universe

#5630 6 years ago

ebay.com link: BUCKAROO VERY RARE animated back glass NICE WORKING MACHINE needs a little tlc

A really nice play field on this one. A very good candidate for a full restoration.

#5631 6 years ago

ebay.com link: Bally Dogies Pinball Table

You don't see this one for sale often.

#5633 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

ebay.com link » Bally Dogies Pinball Table
You don't see this one for sale often.

Is that a Galahad cabinet?

#5634 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

ebay.com link » Buckaroo Very Rare Animated Back Glass Nice Working Machine Needs A Little Tlc
A really nice play field on this one. A very good candidate for a full restoration.

I wish this one was a little closer.....My Buckaroo could use that playfield. The vendor sticker on the card tray indicates the game came from Coin Amusements on Mt Prospect Ave in Newark NJ.

I worked at Coin Amusements in the late 1960's to early 1970's and my Bank a Ball in my collection has that same sticker on it. This Buckaroo could very well have my fingers prints on it too.....lol

#5635 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

ebay.com link » Buckaroo Very Rare Animated Back Glass Nice Working Machine Needs A Little Tlc

Amazing that this one hasn't gone yet for the B.I.N. price. EMs values seem to have really slumped lately.

#5636 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

ebay.com link » Abra Ca Dabra Pinball Machine By Gottliebs Single Player
Wade is doing this play field soon.

That game is also going to need a cabinet repaint. What artwork does it currently sport? Or is it just an error in the description?

#5637 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

That game is also going to need a cabinet repaint. What artwork does it currently sport? Or is it just an error in the description?

this would be a cheap way to get a ABCD to repaint, get a new BG and PF from Wade and make one hell of a restored and brand new looking machine.

#5638 6 years ago

I'd be looking at this if it was local. Dimension

ebay.com link: sch

#5640 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

this would be a cheap way to get a ABCD to repaint, get a new BG and PF from Wade and make one hell of a restored and brand new looking machine.

Wouldn't work out for me.
$600 for the machine
$375 for shipping
$700 for the Wade Krause playfield
$350 for the reproduction bckglass
$1000 for the cabinet
$800 for the swap plus more if the plastics need replacing

#5641 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Wouldn't work out for me.
$600 for the machine
$375 for shipping
$700 for the Wade Krause playfield
$350 for the reproduction bckglass
$1000 for the cabinet
$800 for the swap plus more if the plastics need replacing

i need to re think what i charge for pf swaps and cabinet repaints....

#5642 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

He had this on Craigslist for $750. Someone finally picked it up. Anybody here get it?

#5643 6 years ago

Today....I called and inquired for this game and talked with a kind women who said the person has just left 10 minutes ago who bought the game. I asked her if it was someone local. She said no.... the buyer drove from Indiana.

Hopefully it was someone from the EM group. If so, it would be great to here from them and even better if the post the game to share with the rest of us EM lovers. I have my Buckaroo for over 20 years now and still can't get of this tough to beat EM game.

#5644 6 years ago

Almost bought the Buckaroo. Trying to refrain on buying anymore EM's until I get Whoa Nellie.

#5645 6 years ago

I'll bet it was Grayman.... he's on a tear.

#5646 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

That Abra Ca Dabra, which just ended its auction on eBay for $710, is inside a WMS Big Deal cabinet. A guy near me put it together about twelve years ago. I wonder if the winning bidder knows what they are getting.

Makes me grateful I have a nice ACD project I picked up for $200 a few years ago.

#5648 6 years ago

Got it! It will get the Wade Krause playfield

image (resized).pngimage (resized).png

#5649 6 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Got it! It will get the Wade Krause playfield

Nice. Shipping it from Washington will probably be costly, but maybe you have another way?

#5650 6 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Nice. Shipping it from Washington will probably be costly, but maybe you have another way?

Figure $400-$500 but I'll get what I want!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 113 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/113 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.