(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 133.
#5401 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ken is a friend of mine. I recently saw this game in person. Quite a nice example for sure.

His Official Baseball pitch and bat doesn't look too bad either.......

ebay.com link: CLASSIC WILLIAMS OFFICIAL BASEBALL PITCH AND BAT PINBALL ARCADE MACHINE

#5402 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

His Official Baseball pitch and bat doesn't look too bad either.......
ebay.com link » Classic Williams Official Baseball Pitch And Bat Pinball Arcade Machine

Yes, it's an outstanding example.

#5403 7 years ago
Quoted from Phillips88:

Someone put a bid in on the Gemini.

looks like that is from Robert Berk's personal collection

#5404 7 years ago

Yep, a lot of the old mega collectors are thinning the herd it seems. Right Tom?

#5405 7 years ago

Heaven knows where they will all end up. My corral is already beyond full.

SAM_3610 (resized).jpgSAM_3610 (resized).jpg

#5406 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Heaven knows where they will all end up. My corral is already beyond full.

That's a whole lot of sweaters!

#5407 7 years ago

Someone in Illinois is selling a 1964 Bally Happy Tour----$595 or best offer.

ebay.com link: BALLY HAPPY TOUR VINTAGE COLLECTOR CLASSIC ARCADE PINBALL MACHINE 1964

#5408 7 years ago

Gottlieb Hearts & Spades and Midway Little League pitch and bat in Wisconsin. Starting bid is $275 each, although the listing is confusing.
ebay.com link: vintage bacollectible pinball machine

#5409 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Gottlieb Hearts & Spades and Midway Little League pitch and bat in Wisconsin. Starting bid is $275 each, although the listing is confusing.
ebay.com link » Vintage Bacollectible Pinball Machine

Looks like he wanted buy-it-now, in the Q&A thing at the bottom he says "$275 each", which I would totally buy that Hearts & Spades for if it was closer, nice playfield would go nicely alongside my mint Spin-A-Card

#5410 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

That's a whole lot of sweaters!

With legs!

#5411 7 years ago

1974 Kasco Untouchable on ebay! I just finished restoring mine. For anyone considering the purchase of this cool game, it's expensive but exceedingly rare.

ebay.com link: Rare 1974 Kasco Untouchable Coin Op Gangster Shooting Arcade Scarface Capone Mob

#5412 7 years ago

Kasco was extremely innovative and made a number of impressive games not commonly seen. Ninja Gun and The Driver were also really cool.

#5413 7 years ago

Only 20 hours remaining, bargain Gemini at $3650 (for now)

ebay.com link: itm

#5414 7 years ago

Sold for $4838. Somebody just had to have it.

#5415 7 years ago

The other one went for $7500 I believe about a year ago.

#5416 7 years ago

Well, there's someone that REALLY had to have one.

#5417 7 years ago

I think I'd rather have a Whoah Nellie than Gemini. Held back on that auction. Still, it would of been cool to own one. The red flag on that game was "fully restored". Was the cabinet a repaint?

#5418 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I think I'd rather have a Whoah Nellie than Gemini. Held back on that auction. Still, it would of been cool to own one. The red flag on that game was "fully restored". Was the cabinet a repaint?

The seller of that game has been in the pinball hobby for probably 20 or 30 years (guessing). Co-Founder of Chicago's Pinball Expo. The cabinet looks like a factory paint job and I see a horizontal touch-up mark on the top center face of the head. Most of these late-era em paint jobs are in good shape because they weren't out on location that long. The pin crowd wanted the new-fangled digital games with the cool orange and blue score lights............ This collector has sold some rare/desireable games in the past.

#5419 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

1974 Kasco Untouchable on ebay! I just finished restoring mine. For anyone considering the purchase of this cool game, it's expensive but exceedingly rare.
ebay.com link » Rare 1974 Kasco Untouchable Coin Op Gangster Shooting Arcade Scarface Capone Mob

Has a British plug on the end. Probably not a big issue but something cool/important worth noting.

#5420 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

The seller of that game has been in the pinball hobby for probably 20 or 30 years (guessing). Co-Founder of Chicago's Pinball Expo. The cabinet looks like a factory paint job and I see a horizontal touch-up mark on the top center face of the head. Most of these late-era em paint jobs are in good shape because they weren't out on location that long. The pin crowd wanted the new-fangled digital games with the cool orange and blue score lights............ This collector has sold some rare/desireable games in the past.

Really? That looks like an obvious re-paint if I've ever seen one, doesn't seem to have splatter either and the stenciling is iffy. Not to mention it has very stark colors. Although, it does seem to have an operator thing nailed into the right side of the head so that wouldn't make much sense with the repaint.

#5421 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Really? That looks like an obvious re-paint if I've ever seen one, doesn't seem to have splatter either and the stenciling is iffy. Not to mention it has very stark colors. Although, it does seem to have an operator thing nailed into the right side of the head so that wouldn't make much sense with the repaint.

Click on the pic of just the head and zoom in. The whole top ridge has been touched up, a horizontal dash, and down on the lower face a couple dots just to name a few areas.

I'm no expert so I can't say for sure. Maybe we need boilerman or khead to take a closer look............

#5422 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Has a British plug on the end. Probably not a big issue but something cool/important worth noting.

It's my understanding that the game is currently overseas and that the seller is a broker in California.

#5423 7 years ago

Sounds like the buyer will end up a tad broker as well.

#5424 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Click on the pic of just the head and zoom in. The whole top ridge has been touched up, a horizontal dash, and down on the lower face a couple dots just to name a few areas.
I'm no expert so I can't say for sure. Maybe we need boilerman or khead to take a closer look............

Hard to tell if it's a repaint or not. Looks like original spatter on the head, and why the touch up unless it's original? The right side of the body does look like a repaint, unless the factory was exceptionally sloppy with the stencils. Later Gottliebs EMs did seem to have a larger amount of cabinet and painting flaws than earlier ones. The wood itself was not as clean. You can see mill marks in the wood on a lot of later games.

#5425 7 years ago

1962 Williams King Pin

Price Reduced, $1200.00 start bid, No Reserve.

ebay.com link: itm

#5426 7 years ago

The King Pin is an Ebay recycle auction. It's been out there without any takers.

#5427 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

1962 Williams King Pin
Price Reduced, $1200.00 start bid, No Reserve.
ebay.com link

New YouTube Video:

DSC01223 (resized).JPGDSC01223 (resized).JPG

#5428 7 years ago

Williams 8 Ball (1966) - $950

Pleasant Hill, CA

ebay.com link: 1966 WILLIAMS 8 BALL PINBALL MACHINE

#5429 7 years ago

I was looking at that 8 ball. Is it any good?

#5430 7 years ago

It would be good if it was a little closer to me.

#5431 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It would be good if it was a little closer to me.

I was thinking of you when I posted it. I figured I'd pass it along... and that it might be a bit too far.

Brad

#5432 7 years ago
Quoted from bek1966:

I was thinking of you when I posted it. I figured I'd pass it along... and that it might be a bit too far.
Brad

Thanks. It sure would round out the selection of 60s multiplayers I already have. I've had my eye out for one for some time. I guess it wouldn't hurt to give the guy a call.

#5433 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I was looking at that 8 ball. Is it any good?

I like the layout and also the 2 Player Solids/Stripes scoring. It looks like it would be a fun two player in this video:

The one I have is a basket-case and not playable, although I plan to bring it back to life. Right now it's under a bunch of stuff in the back room

#5434 7 years ago

8-Ball is the only multiplayer middle-pop game with 2" flippers... and the first one which Norm Clark reintroduced the concept. Looks fun and the way the backglass lights up to track the shots is cool.

If it pops up locally I'm gonna snag one!

#5435 7 years ago

Norm Clark has already proved himself to me as the master of 2" flipper multiplayer games. Pit Stop, Jolly Roger, Eager Beaver, Lady Luck....

I'm a wantin' that 8-Ball.

#5436 7 years ago
Quoted from bek1966:

I like the layout and also the 2 Player Solids/Stripes scoring. It looks like it would be a fun two player in this video: » YouTube video
The one I have is a basket-case and not playable, although I plan to bring it back to life. Right now it's under a bunch of stuff in the back room

I saw an "8 Ball" about a year ago that was a damn near perfect original. It had just over 8,000 plays on the meter. It was squeaky clean inside and had a nearly perfect original playfield. The glass had a few small issues, and the cabinet had some scuffs and scratches, but the paint was like new. The guy who had it has since sold it. I've perhaps never seen such a clean original machine as this one was, in all my years and many thousands of games I've laid eyes on.

#5437 7 years ago

The guy was a design wizard. He knew how to push the boundaries in new directions without sacrificing the gameplay and fun factor.

#5438 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

The guy was a design wizard. He knew how to push the boundaries in new directions without sacrificing the gameplay and fun factor.

I have to agree with that. And on multiplayer games (at least the ones I own or have played) he made them just as much fun for a single player to play.

And each one is very different in layout and rules than the others. Pit Stop and Roger have a slight similarity in layout, with the lanes on the left and right, but that's about it. Eager Beaver is like no other game that I know of.

#5439 7 years ago

Team One in Bethesda, MD on ebay

Starting bid $199

Auction ends tomorrow

ebay.com link: Gottlieb 1977 TEAM ONE rare ADD A BALL of Abra Ca Dabra

#5440 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Starting bid $199
Auction ends tomorrow
ebay.com link » Gottlieb 1977 Team One Rare Add A Ball Of Abra Ca Dabra

for 2 bills... I'm in

#5441 7 years ago

someone got a good game for almost nothing. the art might not be that great but it is a fun game for less than 300 in pretty nice

shape

Quoted from hoov:Team One in Bethesda, MD on ebay
Starting bid $199
Auction ends tomorrow

#5442 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Starting bid $199
Auction ends tomorrow

How the HELL did that go for $293? Whaaaaaat?

#5443 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

If it was local I would have paid $295.00!!

#5444 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

If it was local I would have paid $295.00!!

If I saw the ad I would have probably paid a decent bit more :O Very shocked. Haven't seen a 70's wedgehead go for under $500-$600 in a long time, especially a Team One (gets fans off of the Abra-Ca-Dabra bandwagon hype train). That one looks pretty nice too.

#5445 7 years ago

That 8-Ball sold for $950, but not to me.

#5446 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

This game was not listed in the right category - not under pinball machines.

That's why I thought I'd share it since it was such a good deal - perfect for someone withing driving range.

#5447 7 years ago

i was tempted but i need room not more machines.

#5448 7 years ago

I almost put a bid in on that Team One, but I'm not typically an AAB collector. I enjoy playing them at shows, but I didn't feel like driving down to DC so I passed. Hopefully someone who really likes AAB picked it up because that's a FANTASTIC price!

#5449 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

This game was not listed in the right category - not under pinball machines.
That's why I thought I'd share it since it was such a good deal - perfect for someone withing driving range.

Good on you, wish I hadn't had missed it but it's fine. There are deals for everybody out there.

#5450 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Good on you, wish I hadn't had missed it but it's fine. There are deals for everybody out there.

I started off the bidding and was kind of glad when I got outbid. On one hand, a $200 wedge head is a super deal, on the other hand it was 4 hours away and I'm not in restoration mode just now. I have 3 waiting. Actually thinking of selling my Merry Go Round if anyone is interested. Have $450 in it (and 2000 miles RT to get it) Super backglass and playfield, cab needs paint.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/109 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.