(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 133.
#5301 7 years ago

I wonder how much this Gottlieb Tiger will go for?

Not sure how great a player it is but I have never played one. Some of you stateside AAB guys might not mind one though.

ebay.com link: itm

#5302 7 years ago

Th

Quoted from EM-PINMAN:I wonder how much this Gottlieb Tiger will go for?
Not sure how great a player it is but I have never played one. Some of you stateside AAB guys might not mind one though.
ebay.com link

That game will take a lot of work. I noticed the new backglass only have 5 windows for score, unlike the 6 in the game.

#5303 7 years ago

I wonder if the Extra NOS BG (5 digit) is actually the original that was shipped with the game,
and the italian operator had the 6 digit BG made and installed when they modified the scoring
like many italian operators did routinely.

#5304 7 years ago
Quoted from cd1954:

That game will take a lot of work. I noticed the new backglass only have 5 windows for score, unlike the 6 in the game.

Ha! Did not notice that.

Quoted from pinwiztom:

I wonder if the Extra NOS BG (5 digit) is actually the original that was shipped with the game,
and the italian operator had the 6 digit BG made and installed when they modified the scoring
like many italian operators did routinely.

I think your on to something Tom.

#5305 7 years ago

you can see in the picture of the inside of the head, that there is 4 active reels but the cage has been move right. this would agree that it has been modded to have the first two numbers are dead zeros.

#5306 7 years ago

have bought 4 of those italian aab games over the years, including tiger. all games except for tiger had the extra zero added, just an added dummy zero.

tiger isn't a bad game to play..though it's not one of those games that keeps you wanting to come back to.

it's a cool game to own if you're into rare games but as others have said it will take a heap of work to bring back to life.

#5307 7 years ago

Tiger went for $350. Did it go to anyone here?

Playfield layout is the same as Orbit/Outer Space. Don't know about the rule set though.

#5308 7 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Tiger went for $350. Did it go to anyone here?
Playfield layout is the same as Orbit/Outer Space. Don't know about the rule set though.

That was a deal!

Not an AAB guy so I had no horse in that race.

#5310 7 years ago

I was offered that "Tiger" a while back by Kevin of Classic Pinball. I just thought it was too much of a project for me at this point. I hope whoever got it makes it nice and posts photos.
And, I did notice the six digit modification which is just one more thing that has to be undone. Heavy work to get that one looking good again.

#5311 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

That was a deal and a half!
Not an AAB guy so I had no horse in that race.

I think it is now somebody else's nightmare. Mine arrives on Friday.

#5312 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

Mine arrives on Friday.

Your what arrives on Friday?

#5313 7 years ago

Put it this way, it ain't my mother in law.

#5314 7 years ago
Quoted from Electrocute:

I think it is now somebody else's nightmare. Mine arrives on Friday.

I hope the person who got it sees it as a challenge rather than a nightmare.

#5315 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I hope the person who got it sees it as a challenge rather than a nightmare.

i was going to snag it. i would of liked to make it look new but i have so many projects that i need to do i decided to address my backlog.
as far as price it went for about what i thought it would. it is a basket case. it needs almost everything.
hope whoever got it keeps us posted

#5316 7 years ago

Just look at this nasty Flipper Pool, what is he thinking?

ebay.com link: 1965 Gottlieb Flipper Pool Pinball Machine

#5317 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

ebay.com link » 1965 Gottlieb Flipper Pool Pinball Machine

man I would not let that guy touch any of my machines, what a hack

GLWTS

#5318 7 years ago

That Flipper Pool is beautiful.

Very nice work, Ken!

#5319 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

I hear the guy is selling it so he can move from Texas to Texas.

1 week later
#5322 7 years ago

The King Pin is nice.

#5323 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

This looks nice!
ebay.com link » Williams 1962 King Pin Pinball Machine

half ass specking job, surprising because specking is simple to get right

#5324 7 years ago

This look's like EM-pinman's game. Nice looking game.

#5325 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Yes I wondered Alex whether that was Kens' machine. Lovely resto Ken.

#5326 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

This looks nice!

Quoted from Electrocute:

The King Pin is nice.

Quoted from AlexF:

Thanks guys. I did not restore the Playfield all the way as it is not my field of expertise and will leave that to the buyer, but the mechanics of the game is solid and works 100%.

New video of the 1962 Williams King Pin in action:

#5327 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

half ass specking job, surprising because specking is simple to get right

Well, I think the specking is heavy in some areas which is fine by me as the game had a Lot of specking to begin with, more than any pin I have ever seen or owned. I guess though if you really don't care for the specking you could always contact Pinhead52 and let him know.

#5328 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Well, I think the specking is heavy in some areas which is fine by me as the game had a Lot of specking to begin with, more than any pin I have ever seen or owned. I guess though if you really don't care for the specking you could always contact Pinhead52 and let him know.

i will have him stay after school and clap the erasers

#5329 7 years ago

That King Pin really does look familiar.

#5330 7 years ago

I had a chance to buy it

1 week later
#5332 7 years ago

Over the years, several friends have inquired about my 1963 Southland Engineering Speedway arcade, which features 2 slot cars on a figure 8 track, in a pinball cabinet. It's a game which is scarcely found in working condition and which rarely appears for sale. Here's the flyer for the game:

I note that one is currently listed for sale on eBay, with the auction ending on March 1st. Here's the listing:

ebay.com link: Speedway Southland Slot Car Racing ARCADE 1 32 Jaguar Corvette slotcar RARE

post-4-0-70748100-1396021758 (resized).jpgpost-4-0-70748100-1396021758 (resized).jpg

#5333 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

1963 Southland Engineering Speedway arcade

I remember playing that as a kid on location and it was fun, best with 2 people playing. I could see tiring of it rather quickly though but would definitely be the hit at parties IMO. Nice addition for folks with a large Gameroom who entertain quiet a bit. It will be interesting to see what the final price is as it is already $3160.00 with over 5 days to go on the auction.

#5335 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

I remember playing that as a kid on location and it was fun, best with 2 people playing. I could see tiring of it rather quickly though but would definitely be the hit at parties IMO. Nice addition for folks with a large Gameroom who entertain quiet a bit. It will be interesting to see what the final price is as it is already $3160.00 with over 5 days to go on the auction.

A Southland Speedway fetched $10,800 ($9K + 20% buyer's premium) at the 5/2/15 Liveauctioneers.com (Morphy's auction).

As for the game's fun factor, it's fun. You're right about its popularity at parties and also about its integration into a larger gameroom.

Its predecessor, Time Trials, had a somewhat similar design. However, Time Trials lacked an essential control panel, which allowed for adjusting car speeds. Consequently, Southland redesigned the game, called it SPEEDWAY, added a control panel, and gave the game a more attractive backglass and a better ruleset. Here are some photos of the Speedway in my collection. My kids love it. Having grown up during the slot car craze of the seventies, it's a natural game for my line-up.

20150812_210438 (resized).jpg20150812_210438 (resized).jpg
20151023_164631 (resized).jpg20151023_164631 (resized).jpg
20151023_163553 (resized).jpg20151023_163553 (resized).jpg
20151023_163213 (resized).jpg20151023_163213 (resized).jpg
20150812_210405 (resized).jpg20150812_210405 (resized).jpg
20151023_163606 (resized).jpg20151023_163606 (resized).jpg
20151023_163656 (resized).jpg20151023_163656 (resized).jpg
20151023_163244 (resized).jpg20151023_163244 (resized).jpg

#5336 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

My kids love it. Having grown up during the slot car craze of the seventies,

I hear you.

I had the same size slot cars and figure 8 layout back in the early 70's as a kid very much like the arcade version but did not have to put any money into it which was great. Friends liked coming over to race but a couple years later I replaced it with an HO scale railroad set which kept my attention for twice as long.

#5337 7 years ago

This is the one I used to play at the Family Fun Center across from the Van Nuys Airport back in the 70's.

American Indy.jpgAmerican Indy.jpg

#5338 7 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

This is the one I used to play at the Family Fun Center across from the Van Nuys Airport back in the 70's.

Pretty sure I never got to play that one, so I guess you race yourself against the clock?

#5339 7 years ago

Here's a nice condition 2 Player Gottlieb Swing Along in New Jersey, starting bid $300:

ebay.com link: Swing Along 1963 Gottlieb Pinball Machine

#5340 7 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Arcade manufacturers commonly “borrowed” successful designs from one another. The American Indy game represents an attempt to recreate Southland Engineering’s Speedway.

Unfortunately for American Indy, the effort was an abysmal failure. Merely racing against the clock cannot duplicate the excitement of racing against another car.

Southland’s Speedway allows the player, in single-player mode, to race against another car. The first to reach 20 laps wins. In the 2-player mode, Speedway is especially fun because 2 players race head-to-head and a slightly imperfect turn of the steering wheel can allow a player to overtake the competing car. Often, the lead changes several times throughout the race, creating much excitement. While lead changes also occur in single-player mode on Speedway, it’s simply more fun when 2 players are lightheartedly taunting
each other and laughing along the way.

Below are videoclips of each game. See if you can remain awake during the American Indy gameplay demonstration.

#5341 7 years ago

ebay.com link: 1964 Gottlieb North Star Hard to Find Classic Wedgehead Nice

He gives this game a 7 rating? I think it's an 8+ at least. A little pricey though.

#5342 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

ebay.com link » 1964 Gottlieb North Star Hard To Find Classic Wedgehead Nice
He gives this game a 7 rating? I think it's an 8+ at least. A little pricey though.

yes that is a nice game, cab is nice, pf has no kickout hole wear and glass looks good too
the only minus is the coin door and plate has been hammer toned. over all a really nice example but IMO i will not sell at that price even being that nice. i think it would be better priced at 1800-2200
but then again i am not the price police so what do i know

#5343 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

yes that is a nice game, cab is nice, pf has no kickout hole wear and glass looks good too
the only minus is the coin door and plate has been hammer toned. over all a really nice example but IMO i will not sell at that price even being that nice. i think it would be better priced at 1800-2200
but then again i am not the price police so what do i know

Tough to sell games lately. Lots of choices out there. It would maybe go at $1400 to the right buyer, but that's just my guess.

#5344 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Tough to sell games lately. Lots of choices out there. It would maybe go at $1400 to the right buyer, but that's just my guess.

that is true. i priced it higher thinking that to the right buyer a nice original like this doesn't come up to often
but 1200-1500 would be the most i would do myself

but i am CHEAP!

#5345 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

that is true. i priced it higher thinking that to the right buyer a nice original like this doesn't come up to often
but 1200-1500 would be the most i would do myself
but i am CHEAP!

In today's market, you're not far off even for a game that nice. It seems like only the very desireable titles are getting big bucks these days. "North Star" is quite desireable, but they seem to come up fairly regularly. Most of the Gottlieb wedgeheads are pretty easy to come by with few exceptions.

#5346 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

"North Star" is quite desireable, but they seem to come up fairly regularly.

Depends where you live.

There was a long dry period for North Star by me and then a couple came up for sale in the same year. Held tightly by a lot of collectors.

#5347 7 years ago

I wanna know where all the Ballys are from the 60's... sheesh. Rare as hen's teeth compared to the wedgies.

#5348 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I wanna know where all the Ballys are from the 60's... sheesh. Rare as hen's teeth compared to the wedgies.

Just picked this up

image-16 (resized).jpgimage-16 (resized).jpg

#5350 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I've posted about that exact breed of machines a few times here. The lack of examples still existing of all those games became very apparent to me while researching Star-Jet. Same low production numbers, but less collector desirability so not many are left at all, probably even less of each than the <30 Star-Jets still documented. Quite sad.

Most of them have 0 linked Pinside threads, most have 1 which was the old Gene Cunningham sale thread. Meanwhile most Gottlieb/Williams games of that time have at least 5 if not like 10-20+.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 107 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/107 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.