(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 133.
#5151 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I believe this a fairly rare woodrail. But a great playing game.
ebay.com link » 1957 Williams Arrow Head Pinball Machine Excellent Original 100 Working

Gone! Anyone know who got it?

#5152 7 years ago

Don't know. But he was nice enough to scan the score cards for me before it went away. Now I can fill that bare spot on the apron. Some of these cards are pretty hard to come by.

#5153 7 years ago

Not really Ebay, but this german antique pinball came up for sale in Sweden:

14224739_10154014667312807_6288225159709241473_n (resized).jpg14224739_10154014667312807_6288225159709241473_n (resized).jpg
14316762_10154014667417807_3355193321054450871_n (resized).jpg14316762_10154014667417807_3355193321054450871_n (resized).jpg
14237669_10154014667527807_6640810495623361850_n (resized).jpg14237669_10154014667527807_6640810495623361850_n (resized).jpg
14291750_10154014667597807_4648966796559378887_n (resized).jpg14291750_10154014667597807_4648966796559378887_n (resized).jpg

Seller wants 176 USD for it.

#5154 7 years ago

This is a tough to find title. Pretty good condition, all original, backglass some loss.

Quite fancy one of these but no space!

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Hearts and Spades Pinball Machine

#5155 7 years ago

I agree hard to find, when I started out here a bit over a year ago one of my friends told me Hearts and Spades was his favorite from the old days. I said I would keep an eye out for that one. This is the first one I have seen for sale since then.

#5156 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

This is a tough to find title. Pretty good condition, all original, backglass some loss.
Quite fancy one of these but no space!
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Hearts And Spades Pinball Machine

Obviously the wrong description.
"Hearts and Spades" was my very first pin. I only kept it for maybe two years or so. Never replaced it. It's a hard one to find in all around good condition. Mine wasn't very good as I recall.

#5157 7 years ago

all I can so is say WOW.. never seen a plastic set go for anywhere near this.
ebay.com link: NOS Gottlieb Asteroid Annie And Aliens Pinball Machine Plastic Set Rare
the plastics one my two are nice. one has a perfect set the other has one piece that has a tiny chip. so I thought I would snag this set. but at that price I will live with the tiny chip.

#5158 7 years ago

$512 for plastics

#5159 7 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

$512 for plastics

At that price it's worth investing in a laser cutter.

#5160 7 years ago
Quoted from Luzur:

Not really Ebay, but this german antique pinball came up for sale in Sweden:

Seller wants 176 USD for it.

That's certainly unusual. All (pop ?) bumpers, and nothing else for scoring ?
Counts as a woodrail, I suppose. Looks to have manual ball load . . . ?
And I don't recall seeing a flippers orientation like that.
Belongs in a good but larger pinball museum, I'd say.

#5161 7 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

That's certainly unusual. All (pop ?) bumpers, and nothing else for scoring ?
Counts as a woodrail, I suppose. Looks to have manual ball load . . . ?
And I don't recall seeing a flippers orientation like that.
Belongs in a good but larger pinball museum, I'd say.

Gustav Husemann in Köln seemed to have been a "importer of jukeboxes" to Germany from the war and up to 1960, from what ive found.

#5162 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

You can ship two for just a little more than one.

Yup. I got a quote from Beltmann (Michelle moved to them, and I would suggest following Michelle where she goes) for only $30 more for a second machine. If only I could afford a second machine...

#5165 7 years ago

I like Joker Poker, played the SS machine earlier this year. Will think about it, trying to reel in something else at the moment.

#5166 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Shampoo Poodle Apricot 300 Ml

#5168 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

someone else is trying to cash in on that annie plastic set
ebay.com link » Nos Asteroid Annie And The Aliens Plastic Set Gottlieb Pinball Playfield Rare

Free shipping makes it a bargain though Dave!

#5169 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

i was willing to pay 160 for the set but i though no one was going to bid much more than 125 so i thought i had them locked in.........boy was i wrong.

#5170 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Maybe I need to play this pin more than the 2 or 3 times that I did . . . but I don't recall it leaving much of an impression. (The artwork was kinda different, though . . . .)

#5171 7 years ago
Quoted from Heretic_9:

Maybe I need to play this pin more than the 2 or 3 times that I did . . . but I don't recall it leaving much of an impression. (The artwork was kinda different, though . . . .)

I only played it about 20 times. at the time I was a major system 1 guy and this was a hard one to find. I really liked it. never had the chance to buy one in almost 20 years. now that I have one. I will shop it out and put over 100 games on it and then I will know if it was great or good or a dud. really hard to tell if any game is good or bad with only a handful of plays. sometimes games at shows are poorly shopped or not setup right or low voltage makes it play slow. shows are great to play games you have never played but they need to be set up correctly to leave a impression.

#5172 7 years ago

2 grand would be a bargain for that Joker Poker EM.

#5173 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

2 grand would be a bargain for that Joker Poker EM.

I would be inclined to agree, but remember there are five days left of the auction. Will be interesting to see what happens near the end.

#5174 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would be inclined to agree, but remember there are five days left of the auction. Will be interesting to see what happens near the end.

Yea, someone could just go hog wild and buy it!

#5175 7 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Yea, someone could just go hog wild and buy it!

I"m guessing "someone" will.

#5176 7 years ago

with 820 EMs made you would think you would see more pop up. i think this is only the second em one come up on ebay in the last year in a half. i bet the last minute it goes from 2k to 3500. the only thing they don't show the back of the bg. most have paint issues and finding a replacement... NOT

#5177 7 years ago

If don't reel in what I'm going for now, I might cast a line towards that Joker Poker. Played the SS version and loved it!

#5178 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

with 820 EMs made you would think you would see more pop up.

At one time I considered that rare and would probably never find a decent one. But now having a few games that maybe only a handful exist in the world that seems like a fairly large number. Not as many as the solid state version for sure, but relatively speaking not that rare.

I was happy to have both models, and also being able to play both on route back in the day. First time I came across a SS version after many hours on the EM, I was "What have they done to my Joker Poker?" But it does allow for extended play.

#5179 7 years ago

The feeling I get when I open o-din's garage.

from-repo-man-19843 (resized).pngfrom-repo-man-19843 (resized).png

#5180 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

The feeling I get when I open o-din's garage.

Repo Man! Bad day for the police officer too.

#5181 7 years ago

How I feel after I leave o-din's garage.

Repo Man 1984 10 (resized).jpgRepo Man 1984 10 (resized).jpg

#5182 7 years ago

As heavily into EM's as I am, I agonized a great deal over whether to spring for an EM Sinbad and Joker Poker or not... and SS won out. True, you give up the score reels, but in return you get a lot more creative scoring with 2x-5x multipliers and the big one... resetting drop targets. Just gotta have that. And both have real chimes so most of the EM charm is still there.

Cleopatra, on the other hand, EM all the way since they are functionally identical.

#5183 7 years ago

I was 16 years old walking home from high school thru the local community college when I spotted a small room with three pinball machines in it. The other two I don't remember but instantly got hooked on the EM Joker Poker there and played it almost every day after school. It was fun but also it wasn't that hard to win extra balls and free games and I found that to be case with both versions in my collection.

What I do remember is up until that time in the mid to late 70s it was the newer Ballys that were the more popular games at the time as they were flashy and played fast for the most part. And remember we were not exposed to every game and did not know the history as we do now.I remember being pretty surprised seeing the Gottlieb name on it and playing the way it did as others I had played were never that snappy. My impression was that this machine had taken it all up another notch. I guess being fully rectified DC will do that.

Unfortunately that would be the last new EM I ever found on route as the day came that it was gone and the room now full of beeping solid states. But for pure nostalgia, I'll never forget those afternoons stretching my pocket change on that Joker Poker.

#5184 7 years ago

I never owed a em joker poker but 2 friends both have one. and one of them has both ss/em next to each other.
being a system 1 fan boy I always liked the ss flavor better other than cleo, that was the exact same ss/em.
I like the em versions for the cool factor, but if I had to pick one to own I would always pick the ss. with a pascal board installed it adds a bit to the game play. even though I am now a die hard em guy if I truly had the space I would love to own all the system 1's again.
as far as rare, like odin said at one time I thought 800 production runs were rare but really anything under 450 is the rare number to me now. and some of the early bally and William games that don't have a production run figure but they must of been sub 500 because you see so few of them. a old pinball guy once told me that a good estimate of how many games survived is 10-20% of production. so by that thinking em joker poker should have between 80 -160 games floating around out there.
I am guessing that this em joke poker sells for around 3500. rare game always sell and to the right buyer it sells for more than most of us would pay. remember the Gemini(300 made) that pinball girl sold?

#5185 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

as far as rare, like odin said at one time I thought 800 production runs were rare but really anything under 450 is the rare number to me now. and some of the early bally and William games that don't have a production run figure but they must of been sub 500 because you see so few of them. a old pinball guy once told me that a good estimate of how many games survived is 10-20% of production. so by that thinking em joker poker should have between 80 -160 games floating around out there.
I am guessing that this em joke poker sells for around 3500. rare game always sell and to the right buyer it sells for more than most of us would pay. remember the Gemini(300 made) that pinball girl sold?

The interesting thing about rarity is how many games stayed in the US vs how many of them were shipped overseas.

Take Dimension for example at 490 and Hit the Deck at 375 - I own both. You see Dimension come up for sale more than Hit the Deck because the production numbers seem to show it and more people are holding on to HTD.

But, take an example that was shipped overseas and not considered an Italian version for instance, and a few of them made it back to the states - now that's rare to us in the states!

#5186 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

The interesting thing about rarity is how many games stayed in the US vs how many of them were shipped overseas.
Take Dimension for example at 490 and Hit the Deck at 375 - I own both. You see Dimension come up for sale more than Hit the Deck because the production numbers seem to show it and more people are holding on to HTD.
But, take an example that was shipped overseas and not considered an Italian version for instance, and a few of them made it back to the states - now that's rare to us in the states!

good point, a lot of later em's were shipped out because the ss games were what people wanted
a lot of Gemini went oversea
almost all tko's went to south America
and all most all asteroid annies went to Canada
with the low production on top of exporting some makes the even harder to find.
just look at pinball owners site and look at the owners of rare game most are owned by people outside the us

#5187 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

The EM Joker Poker I owned was scheduled to be shipped overseas, but as the SS was released the order was changed so it never left and went home with a Gottlieb employee instead. Where it stayed in his home for years. I think I was the third owner.

I had the chance to play one again after all these years, and it was in my opinion still one of the snappiest EMs I ever played. I guess that was probably the case with the other Gottliebs that used DC playfield coils. It was a very solid machine.

#5188 7 years ago

Gone, but not forgotten....

JP (resized).jpgJP (resized).jpg

#5189 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I never owed a em joker poker but 2 friends both have one. and one of them has both ss/em next to each other.
being a system 1 fan boy I always liked the ss flavor better other than cleo, that was the exact same ss/em.
I like the em versions for the cool factor, but if I had to pick one to own I would always pick the ss. with a pascal board installed it adds a bit to the game play. even though I am now a die hard em guy if I truly had the space I would love to own all the system 1's again.

This is a nice Joker Poker EM example. It seems to have escaped insert wear. The cabinet paint is well-preserved. . .easy touch-up job. This title's backglass is prone to fading reds. This example has strong reds, albeit some flaking is present. If I hadn't purchased the last one on eBay, which was a "project game with good bones," I would be bidding on this auction with enthusiasm.

#5190 7 years ago

There is a good chance we will see the auction ended before it actually runs out. But if it goes the duration, $3500-$4000 is my guess. If somebody snags it for under $3000, that would seem to be a no lose scenario.

#5191 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

and all most all asteroid annies went to Canada

Hey Dave,

Didn't a lot of Strange World's go to Canada too?

#5192 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Hey Dave,

yup that is another late em that went outside the usa. there are quite a few more titles

#5193 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Hey Dave,

The lion's share of the 229 Blue Notes and the 268 Rock Stars went initially to Canada.

O'din's Joker Poker EM, as depicted in post #5188 above, was pretty spectacular. My JP EM (shown below) demanded considerable restoration work; however, the end result was acceptable.

My game arrived with a blemish-free backglass. However, the reds had faded dramatically. The last photo shows the original backglass with some of the reds appearing as flesh tones, e.g. hair color of the jester in the foreground should be dark red, not flesh tone. Ultimately, I acquired a replacement original backglass which escaped fading (as shown in the first two photos).

20160414_212036 (resized).jpg20160414_212036 (resized).jpg

20160414_211956 (resized).jpg20160414_211956 (resized).jpg

20151007_195509 (resized).jpg20151007_195509 (resized).jpg

#5194 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

The lion's share of the 229 Blue Notes and the 268 Rock Stars went initially to Canada.
O'din's Joker Poker EM, as depicted in post #5188 above, was pretty spectacular. My JP EM (shown below) demanded considerable restoration work; however, the end result was acceptable.
My game arrived with a blemish-free backglass. However, the reds had faded dramatically. The last photo shows the original backglass with some of the reds appearing as flesh tones, e.g. hair color of the jester in the foreground should be dark red, not flesh tone. Ultimately, I acquired a replacement original backglass which escaped fading (as shown in the first two photos).

bruce, you are correct about rock star and blue note. i have a sample blue note.
how about this nos bg i picked up a while back. pretty hard bg to find in good condition.

jp em back (resized).JPGjp em back (resized).JPG

jp em front (resized).JPGjp em front (resized).JPG

#5195 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Good info. Bruce. Thanks for sharing!

Again, awesome collection.........

#5196 7 years ago

Dave, I like the subtle playfield art variation (guitarist's silhouette) on your sample Blue Note, although I prefer the added art on the spinner on the production games. My Blue Note (pictured below, last photo) is among those which were made during regular production. John Osborne designed some great games and I consider myself lucky to have some of his designs in my collection. Your sample Blue Note is a rare bird indeed. As I recall, your game had an exceptionally low play meter tally.

Congratulations on acquiring two Asteroid Annie games. I sent you a message on FB a few days ago, in case you're interested in trading one for my Whoa Nellie EM (rare game for rare game).

Regarding your NOS Joker Poker EM backglass, I'm wondering whether that backglass ended up in my game. I acquired my replacement backglass from Adam K. That one had a similar minor imperfection, a faint shallow and thin scratch beginning near the King of Heart's hand which runs laterally across the six of clubs and into the lower white of the nine of clubs. Adam had that scratch professionally touched up. Below are 2 photos of that replacement JP backglass, the first 2 photos.

The 3rd and 4th photos show my old JP backglass, with its faded reds. The faded reds (which turned to flesh tone) are evident, when compared side-by-side with an unfaded backglass. Fortunately, the faded backglass, which looks crisp and bright in spite of the faded colors, went to good use, a collector who needed it for his game.

20160917_131727 (resized).jpg20160917_131727 (resized).jpg

20160917_131801 (resized).jpg20160917_131801 (resized).jpg

20160207_114827 (resized).jpg20160207_114827 (resized).jpg

20160717_194700 (resized).jpg20160717_194700 (resized).jpg

20160429_205628 (resized).jpg20160429_205628 (resized).jpg

#5197 7 years ago

bruce i did not see your message on fb, but will look for it.
i too like the added art on the spinner, i think steve (pbr) has a few nos spinners for the game and considered putting them on.
as far as my em JP bg, that went to dave m. in delaware and his went to larry c. in Wa. funny how hard to find parts really move around.

#5199 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

1963 Williams Tom Tom

Glad i got mine a few years ago;
though i think it went to PPM in Alameda Ca
during the last truck loadout from my storage locker
in Bakersfield last month.
Very good looking game, average player.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/104 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.