(Topic ID: 56266)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on eBay/other! :-)

By EM-PINMAN

10 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 6,642 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 15 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 72 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

20220325_121731 (resized).jpg
EKEM 5 (resized).jpg
EKEM 4 (resized).jpg
EKEM 2 (resized).jpg
EKEM 3 (resized).jpg
EK EM 1 (resized).jpg
IMG_3284 (resized).jpeg
Hermans-Hermits-Peter-N (resized).jpg
Screenshot 2023-07-05 at 10.32.04 PM (resized).png
6C006FCA-8C40-48D1-ADE4-DE1619B15E94 (resized).jpeg
4DB2B1EC-35DD-4CBF-A22F-AAD8E0E08419 (resized).jpeg
34C32548-2160-4CEE-BE55-F6B5E7471AA3 (resized).jpeg
7427C149-FD08-4B9D-B45B-FDC39BFCD4B1 (resized).jpeg
2569A4AC-A625-4ABB-B9CE-2BDDFD4C89AB (resized).jpeg
022DED1F-DB0E-47FA-A0D4-CC3AC023977E (resized).jpeg
4EBAC883-E2FF-4312-A410-BF53BD3CC32B (resized).jpeg
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 133.
#4951 7 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I have never known anyone to "like" losing the ball underneath the flipper on those games.
Players must be taught (or learn) to NEVER press the flipper button unless the ball is higher than the flippers. Then, its pretty hard to lose it that way. Pretty much the same for 3 and 4 flipper games like King Kool, Pro Football, and even Capt. Fantastic.

Hahaha these guys seem to enjoy it...

Yep the 4-flipper games will teach you the same lesson. Sinbad has claimed many victims here.

#4953 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

if this sells I am going to start buying junky pins to part out
ebay.com link » Gottlieb Early Wedgehead Pinball Coin Door Entry Chute Slick Chick Rack A Ball 2

I'm a millionaire!

#4954 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

ebay.com link » Gottlieb Early Wedgehead Pinball Coin Door Entry Chute Slick Chick Rack A Ball 2

At $98, you would think they would at least offer Free Shipping?

#4955 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

it should be gold plated at that price.

#4956 7 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

it should be gold plated at that price.

I have seen them go for 30-40 range and thought that was high. but I doubt it sells at this price.
if it does someone should start repro them

#4957 7 years ago

Steve young said there are several variations and that's why he hasn't done it already.

#4958 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

" My wife told me that I had to sell ALL MY GAMES! OR SHE WOULD LEAVE! I am going to miss her."
ebay.com link » Skill Roll Pinball

I have never seen this game either.
Artwork looks like the same guy that did a bunch of games for Bally in the mid 60s.
i.e Trio, Bullfight, Sky Divers, Blue Ribbon, Discotek and Sheba.

#4959 7 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Steve young said there are several variations and that's why he hasn't done it already.

as far as i know there is just two types the extend out of the coin plate (60's)
and 2 type that are internal (70's)
the 70's type is plentiful. he just need to do the pre 65 BAB type (long type) most wanted due to they were used longer
and he would cash in.
even if he did the half moon type(post 65) they could be used

#4960 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I have never seen this game either.
Artwork looks like the same guy that did a bunch of games for Bally in the mid 60s.
i.e Trio, Bullfight, Sky Divers, Blue Ribbon, Discotek and Sheba.

Just picked me up a "Blue Ribbon" a couple of weeks ago. Would love to find a "Sheba", or a head for a "Campus Queen".

#4961 7 years ago
Quoted from D-Gottlieb:

I know what you mean now. That isn't really a lane, kinda just a turnaround.

I really like what I think of as the "horseshoe" or turnaround lane (definitely non-hidden), often at top left of the pf, as in the EM Sterns like Nine Ball and Galaxy. Terrific feature !

1 week later
#4962 7 years ago

The playfield on that Fiesta I got off ebay last week was pretty dirty to begin with, but it's cleaning up nicely. And that's just round 1. I've been thru all the score reels and steppers as well and it works great now. But there's still more to do. For 60 years old she's a real peach.

DSCN4548_(resized).JPGDSCN4548_(resized).JPG
DSCN4550_(resized).JPGDSCN4550_(resized).JPG
DSCN4553_(resized).JPGDSCN4553_(resized).JPG

#4963 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Hahaha these guys seem to enjoy it... » YouTube video
Yep the 4-flipper games will teach you the same lesson. Sinbad has claimed many victims here.

ha..that's mine..we would of been drunk while the video was being done ?

1 week later
#4964 7 years ago

I'd love to find a Lawman or Sheriff. Any lurking out there? I prefer projects.

#4965 7 years ago
Quoted from Hougie:

I'd love to find a Lawman or Sheriff. Any lurking out there? I prefer projects.

No Lawman or Sheriff in these parts, but a Big Brave is literally in the next town over!

ebay.com link: Pinball Machine

Probably less than 10 miles from me! I had an appointment to see it tomorrow, but I forgot wife and I were going out of town. May try to get a peek at it tonight. I don't really care for the theme and there isn't any sexy women in any of the graphics. ; )

#4966 7 years ago

"Action Hero" playfield (table top) and head (back):

ebay.com link: VINTAGE GOTTLIEB ACTION HERO PINBALL TABLE TOP

ebay.com link: VINTAGE GOTTLIEB ACTION HERO PINBALL BACK

Pretty good flaking in the bg....

#4967 7 years ago

This sold at almost $100.00 bucks!

Time for someone to reproduce these.

ebay.com link: itm

gottlieb_coin_slot_(resized).jpggottlieb_coin_slot_(resized).jpg

#4968 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

ebay.com link » Vintage Gottlieb Action Hero Pinball Table Top
ebay.com link » Vintage Gottlieb Action Hero Pinball Back

Gotta love the High Scores written on the front of the head. Appears it was complete and working back in 1986.

#4969 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

as far as i know there is just two types the extend out of the coin plate (60's)
and 2 type that are internal (70's)
the 70's type is plentiful. he just need to do the pre 65 BAB type (long type) most wanted due to they were used longer
and he would cash in.
even if he did the half moon type(post 65) they could be used

If Steve would just reproduce lockdown bars again he would cash in. I have no idea what the issue is with that. I've asked and just been told, basically , don't hold your breath.

#4970 7 years ago
Quoted from DaveBuckholts:

No Lawman or Sheriff in these parts, but a Big Brave is literally in the next town over!
ebay.com link » Pinball Machine
Probably less than 10 miles from me! I had an appointment to see it tomorrow, but I forgot wife and I were going out of town. May try to get a peek at it tonight. I don't really care for the theme and there isn't any sexy women in any of the graphics. ; )

Quit playing pinball and find sexy women on internet pron like everyone else...

#4971 7 years ago

Pron?

#4972 7 years ago

I think those are sexy shrimp or something.

#4973 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

If Steve would just reproduce lockdown bars again he would cash in. I have no idea what the issue is with that. I've asked and just been told, basically , don't hold your breath.

Think it was a quality control issue. Hard to find a supplier that can produce them to proper specifications in stainless for a reasonable price.

#4974 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The playfield on that Fiesta I got off ebay last week was pretty dirty to begin with, but it's cleaning up nicely. And that's just round 1. I've been thru all the score reels and steppers as well and it works great now. But there's still more to do. For 60 years old she's a real peach.

Just incredible! I can see Robert Duvall playing that thing.I like the single score reel and see the evolution toward Klondike and others.

#4975 7 years ago

That's an internet joke, son...

#4976 7 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Think it was a quality control issue. Hard to find a supplier that can produce them to proper specifications in stainless for a reasonable price.

Given what they're selling for on eBay, I believe I'd reconsider that stance...

The aggravating part is they leave them on the website like they are just temporarily out of stock.

#4977 7 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I had this discussion with him when we were doing the Retro Pinball remake of KOD. As he told me, the lock bar requires 4 different die/stamps/tooling. Unfortunately, only 3 servived the close down of Premier. He could never justify the cost to remake the missing die. I would sumize it must be extremely elaborate to not be able to be done by some other means.

He was using old System 1/3 stock to make the peg version. Apparently, the old stock has now been consumed.

This is why I like to buy up shark fin versions along with the receiver since its pretty straight forward to modify the cabinet to use the two newer parts.

#4978 7 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I had this discussion with him when we were doing the Retro Pinball remake of KOD. As he told me, the lock bar requires 4 different die/stamps/tooling. Unfortunately, only 3 servived the close down of Premier. He could never justify the cost to remake the missing die. I would sumize it must be extremely elaborate to not be able to be done by some other means.
He was using old System 1/3 stock to make the peg version. Apparently, the old stock has now been consumed.
This is why I like to buy up shark fin versions along with the receiver since its pretty straight forward to modify the cabinet to use the two newer parts.

Well, that's the best explanation I've heard of the issue. But still, those things are going for a lot of money on eBay. I understand if he were to make them the supply would cause the price to come down, but still, he could ask quite a bit for them, and he'd get it. It's a one time cost to make the die. I wonder what he's talking cost wise, assuming of course he has the other three dies.

#4979 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

ebay.com link » Vintage Gottlieb Action Hero Pinball Table Top
ebay.com link » Vintage Gottlieb Action Hero Pinball Back

he has the whole machine, and is parting it out.....what a shame

#4980 7 years ago
Quoted from phil-lee:

Just incredible! I can see Robert Duvall playing that thing.I like the single score reel and see the evolution toward Klondike and others.

It's a fast, great playing machine. Better than I expected

2 weeks later
#4981 7 years ago

This GTB Flying Carpet seems to come with a motor vehicle warranty!!

ebay.com link: Other Makes Flying Carpet Pinball Machine

#4982 7 years ago
Quoted from wayner:

This GTB Flying Carpet seems to come with a motor vehicle warranty!!
ebay.com link » Other Makes Flying Carpet Pinball Machine

At least the title is clear.

#4984 7 years ago

Me

Not

Incredibly rare game though. Could end up in Paris looking at the listing.

#4985 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So who's the lucky guy gonna end up with this one?
ebay.com link » Gottlieb 51 Glamor Woodrail Toughest Pinball Machine To Find Rarest Of The Rare

from IPDB "
Notes: Other Gottlieb games from 1951 have a drop coin chute. This game has a coin slide, last used on Madison Square Gardens from June 1950, thirteen games prior. Historian Gordon Hasse says production of this game was delayed from that time period because it was deemed to not be a great-playing game.

#4986 7 years ago

Price that one's up to should include the 8-Ball behind it and dinner and dancing with the pinball girl.

#4987 7 years ago

But you're helping pay for her college! Go on, go ahead and place that bid! It's just money!

#4988 7 years ago

I'll have to use my own daughter's college fund.

#4989 7 years ago

http://www.forbes.com/forbes/2007/0521/184a.html

Interestingly Glamor is mentioned in this article at $20000 back in 2007.

It's the Medieval Madness of the woodrail era !

#4990 7 years ago

How the hell did they get Morgan Freeman to narrate the video?!!!

#4991 7 years ago

I am just amazed that there are up to 3 people willing to spend $9999 for this game.
It is a nice restoration and rare, but come on,
but if you got loads of money,
which Mr.Lankar from Paris seems to have,
then more power to him or who ever wins the auction.
I think the paris pinball museum already has a Glamor,
from what i remember when i visited 3 yrs ago,
as this one might be an upgrade,
or it may be one of the few 50s GTB woodrails that he does not have.

#4992 7 years ago

The problem is if I was to buy it, it would have to go on the back porch because the garage is already full.

#4993 7 years ago

How is it, that 'every' time these people list a game... it always goes for crazy money??

Something is rotten in Denmark.

#4994 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Me
Not
Incredibly rare game though. Could end up in Paris looking at the listing.

Yeah... this game and its repainted cabinet 'needs' to go to Raphael in France.

With the 'rest' of the games he ruined.

#4995 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

So who's the lucky guy gonna end up with this one?
ebay.com link » Gottlieb 51 Glamor Woodrail Toughest Pinball Machine To Find Rarest Of The Rare

Meh! Did you see the game play video? There is a reason this game failed. It is slower than 90 year old driving. I don't even see 1500 dollars of value in this game.

#4996 7 years ago

Is the Oh Boy a better deal?

#4997 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Meh! Did you see the game play video? There is a reason this game failed. It is slower than 90 year old driving. I don't even see 1500 dollars of value in this game.

Personally, I didn't think the gameplay looked all that bad on the video, but a very knowledgeable local woodrail expert (he owns almost every single-player Gottlieb woodie) agreed that although it's rare, it's a dog.

#4998 7 years ago

It is incredibly difficult to price any woodrail as condition makes such a massive difference. And when they are all so scarce, it just depends who wants a title when it shows up.

Glamor is incredibly rare and around the time of Gottleib's golden era that ran until around 1955. Some of the best games ever made and iconic pieces of history that look great and most importantly are a blast to play.

I guess if you have a big collection this is like adding a Big Bang Bar to a modern collection.

And when you look at the art market, woodrails are cheap as chips relatively speaking of course……

Or you can buy a Ghostbusters LE at over $9000 that already are showing ghosting inserts! Isolated cases but you get the picture.

These great woodrails will still be around in 50 years and provide a window to a forgotten era and most importantly be fun to play

#4999 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

But you're helping pay for her college!

Hasn't she graduated yet?

#5000 7 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Hasn't she graduated yet?

She's decided to become a professional student.

(money's just too good to pass up)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
1,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Edmonds, WA
There are 6,642 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 133.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-ebay/page/100?hl=davebuckholts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.