20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider textrivers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#50 11 years ago

Craigslist seems to be unusually full of people who a) don't know the difference between a pinball machine and a pachinko machine, and b) are trying to sell a pachinko machine.

Post edited by textrivers : fixed typo

3 weeks later
#97 11 years ago

Nice strategy -- pile all your other belongings on top of the machines so there's no way to check them & assess condition or anything, plus a bonus "guess the price" game. I'd lowball the dude like crazy, not worth dealing with otherwise.

#101 11 years ago

A Doodle Bug in Maine came and went. Listed for $195, looked to be in good condition. O, my breaking heart!

1 week later
#114 11 years ago

I keep waiting for this thread to cough up something from my wishlist, in New England, less than $300. Is that such an unreasonable expectation?

#123 11 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

I read on the 'other' site

This wouldn't be the Mr. Pinball classifieds, would it? I didn't know you could get good deals there.

1 week later
#136 11 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Did someone mention Fun Fest? (or was that another thread?)
boston.craigslist.org link

Looks like someone already beat you to it!

#137 11 years ago

Imagine what this would be worth if the backglass WASN'T cracked all to hell...

1 week later
#143 11 years ago

I'm wondering about the general opinion on a machine like this one:

newhaven.craigslist.org link

So, from what I'm seeing, this is not a top-tier EM machine, the cabinet and backbox have been painted bright blue, and the backglass has been either painted over or replaced with a company logo. Oh, and he "can't get it to fully function." The playfield looks okay, but it's hard to tell from the photo.

To me, that all adds up to $100 or less. Asking price on the ad is $250. Anybody have any thoughts one way or the other?

#147 11 years ago

But you guys, he paid over $800 for it!

1 week later
#150 11 years ago

"$2500 OBO" -- that's "Or Better Offer," right?

#155 11 years ago

Woodrails in Mystic:

newlondon.craigslist.org link

1 month later
#220 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Pinball for sale (Financial District) NYC
newyork.craigslist.org link
Bring a semi its a MOTHERLOAD!!!!

The ad has been flagged for removal....?

1 week later
#233 10 years ago

Miss-O for $300 in Maine:
maine.craigslist.org link

#235 10 years ago

And a Fun Fest for $200, probably gone by now...

#236 10 years ago

Also, can anybody tell what this game is:

#238 10 years ago

Can't tell if this is $150 for each, or for all:
newhaven.craigslist.org link

#241 10 years ago

Cool! Let us know if it works out for you, stashyboy.

1 week later
#249 10 years ago

Williams Space Lab? Backglass looks like a non-original translite or something...

worcester.craigslist.org link

#253 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

IPDB says only 30 Space Lab games were made.

I was intrigued by that, too. But who knows if this is one of them, what with the latter day translite and all.

#259 10 years ago

Whoa! Gottlieb Sky-line for $350. Get a beautiful wedgehead for a great price, plus a free pile of what looks like cooked macaroni (or possibly a chopped-up mophead) right in the middle of the playfield!

nh.craigslist.org link

#262 10 years ago

I was thinking animal nest, too. This is why I love EMs -- the chance to bring something beautiful back to life, even if it's THAT far gone.

#268 10 years ago

Captain Fantastic in Rhode Island -- $700, which is cheaper than you usually see it (around here at least).

providence.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#274 10 years ago

$200 for Four Queens in Greene:

#290 10 years ago

Kinda far north in Maine, but maybe some Pinsiders would be interested. Space Mission for $400, plus some other arcade games for cheap:

#291 10 years ago

Looks like a fun one: King Pin for $395:

A bunch of other machines visible in the photos...

#301 10 years ago

Gottlieb Groovy, $400.

westernmass.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#334 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Bally Sea Ray 1971 Pinball Mechine - $400 (Malverne, NY )

Oh nice! Such a fast and fun game. The backglass on mine is in much worse shape than this one. Buy it, somebody!

#336 10 years ago

Any Burlingtonians on Pinside? Two splendid-looking Williams machines for cheap:

burlington.craigslist.org link

I'd be looking into these if I didn't have so much negative dollars right now. Anybody ever play Expo? It looks kind of fun and kind of weird.

#354 10 years ago

In that case how about a Williams Summer Time for $100?

#357 10 years ago

Sky Lab, $275. Also seems to be listed on eBay right now.

hartford.craigslist.org link
ebay.com link: Williams Skylab Pinball Machine

#370 10 years ago
Quoted from JKnPA:

i could be talked into a "shared deal", if at least one of the rocket iii's is complete...

I'd be willing to go in on this, for one of the Rocket IIIs. In compensation, I can offer... to take the cocktail cabinet as well?

#386 10 years ago

Williams Triple Strike, $300:

This ad wins the 1st annual textrivers Award for Necessary and Sufficient Information (Craigslist Division).

#388 10 years ago

Now HERE's a deal. Magnotron, $350. Looks to be in good shape.

#393 10 years ago

For a while there, a new Dyn-O-Mite ad popped up on the Boston Craigslist every two weeks in a different location. I wasn't sure if it was really different machines, or the same one moving from one unsatisfied buyer to the next in a long chain of sadness and disappointment.

#411 10 years ago

o-din, congratulations! That German Fireball's a beauty.

#419 10 years ago

Here's a weird one. It's a "Taco Conversion" -- apparently some company would add flippers and bumpers to existing flipperless games, along with a new backglass? It doesn't look like an amazing example by any stretch, but might be an interesting rarity for super-serious collectors.

#421 10 years ago

"Yeah, I'll have a Beef Burrito Supreme combo meal, and can I get a Taco Conversion with that as well?"

4 weeks later
#921 10 years ago

Hang Glider in Central MA, $250. Comes with ring kit, schematic, and a free anatomy lesson on the backglass:

#1012 10 years ago

Gottlieb Roller Coaster, $125, Rhode Island. Probably a project machine for somebody, looks like the cabinet was repainted.

1 week later
#1283 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

and then tonight we start trying to contact the seller.

It'll be gone by tonight, I bet.

#1296 10 years ago

I'm guessing pachinko machine.

1 week later
#1530 10 years ago

Three machines in a barn, New Hampshire, no price indicated in the ad:

nh.craigslist.org link

What machines are those, does anybody know?

#1690 10 years ago

Bally "The Wiggler," $300. No photos, no mention of condition. I'd love to have this game. I will never understand why sellers have to live so far away sometimes.

monterey.craigslist.org link

#1698 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Maybe it's you who lives too far away???

You don't make sense -- I live right here. I could not possibly get any nearer!

#1699 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just checked out The Wiggler. That is one cool looking game!

Right? The artwork is so amazing. And, as noted above, multiball!

4 weeks later
#2364 10 years ago

Not to get off topic, but, some nice-looking EM classics just came up on CL:

Mustang for $400, looks nice except the cabinet's a little rough:

4Square for $350, more of a project (damage to playfield):

Sky Jump, $300. I'd love to take this one on:
nh.craigslist.org link

#2459 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

pf looks REAL nice on that sky jump... i vote you go pick it up...

Sent an email -- we shall see.

2 weeks later
#3015 10 years ago

El Dorado in New Hampshire, $300:

nh.craigslist.org link

#3024 10 years ago

Does anyone here use 3rd party craigslist alert sites? The one I used just shut down inexplicably. I went to take a look at a replacement and it too was shut down, with a note saying it had received a Cease & Desist from CL. That sucks a little bit. My alert system was working just fine, now I have to figure out RSS or some other thing.

#3031 10 years ago

Via Pinball_Nate -- you might have seen his separate post already. This'll be a good deal for somebody (Miss-O, $150, Frederick MD):

frederick.craigslist.org link

#3035 10 years ago
Quoted from SteveFury:

He posted "The power supply board went out".

To be fair to him, it is unlikely that a game from the 60s has a functional power supply board. It may not have any circuit boards of any kind... no wonder it was so cheap!

#3050 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Looks like a black dog and.... Hmmmm.....

...the broken shards of an unfortunate backglass.

1 week later
#3278 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Star Pool $200!

I'm exactly $200 short for that game, but it looks like a lot of fun!

#3364 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I have to confess something too. The first time I saw one of those custom coffee tables I thought hey that's really cool. The first em re-theme I saw seemed kind of neat too. Then all of I sudden I started seeing a lot of playfield coffee tables and one off sport themed custom tables and the realization set in...

I agree about the coffee tables: no reason to do that, even to an incomplete or damaged game. These things are slowly going extinct in the wild anyway, due to the ravages of time that will one day claim each and all of us -- making taxidermy out of them will only hasten the process.

I also agree about re-themes, to the extent that I've never seen one that wasn't nauseating. What is with the sports re-themes? Those could only appeal to people who are way into the Bruins or whoever, and are also into EM pinball, but not enough into EM pinball that they aren't willing to turn an existing machine into an eyesore.

HOWEVER! I insist that there is the possibility of a responsible, appealing re-theme. For the sake of argument, let's say that you find a deal on a parts machine. It's been in a barn for 20 years. The playfield glass has been missing for at least that long. The backglass is also gone, but a nice sheet of blue tarp has been cut to fit and taped neatly into place. The cabinet is painted the same color as the barn ("Figured I'd do 'em at the same time, save me some money," says the seller). The raccoons and possums have been fighting a war of attrition with each other over who will have urination rights on the playfield, but to an outside observer it could only appear that both sides have won. The options are: 1) fire and lots of it, 2) painstaking restoration to make it "original," or 3) re-theme.

I'm not talking about some chump sports team theme. I'm talking about imaginative, vivid art, done in a style that respects the amazing work done in the past while building on it and looking brand new. It COULD be done. I don't know that it ever has been, but it could be. And LUNKER is what made me a believer. Scroll down for pictures and you won't regret it. (Note -- to the best of my knowledge, Lunker exists in virtual form only, for now. Designed by fellow pinsider manitouguy!)

#3368 10 years ago
2 weeks later
#3602 10 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

Wife needs minivan so I guess I'll see if an EM will fit in a Legacy wagon.

It will, easily. That's how I moved my first three games. Bring some blankets and a couple of bungee cords and you'll be all set.

#3728 10 years ago

Bally Ball bowler in Maine. I wish I had the time, money, space, etc. Anybody have a guess what this should be worth? The seller is coy about what he wants for it.

1 week later
#3842 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Gottlieb Gold Strike Pinball - $600 (NH)

I've been looking closely at that one, since I'd really love to have that game in the house. The playfield is pretty rough, and was partially retouched by someone whose color-blindness was excelled only by their unsteady hand. Even so, if my finances were in order I would think about it....

Same machine is listed on ebay, with better photos. You can see why it isn't gone yet:

ebay.com link: Gottlieb Gold Strike Pinball Machine

#3844 10 years ago

Here's one from Maine, "Monterrey," 1948. Kinda rough shape, but should be cheap to get. Any Mainers fiending for a woodrail?

2 weeks later
#4040 10 years ago

Somebody please buy this for me. My birthday's less than 4 months away. I promise I'll be good until then.

#4041 10 years ago

Olympic Hockey project machine, $200, New Hampshire

nh.craigslist.org link

#4186 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

"i got a lot more responses to the ad than i anticipated, so i'm auctioning to the highest bidder now"...

The guy who sold me my 2001 was an absolute hero. I called him right away when he posted the ad, told him I wanted it and I was ready to pay his asking price (which was low but not a steal), but I couldn't come pick it up for a week. He said he was fine with that. He got a bunch of calls after mine, and he could've easily started the bidding wars, but he pushed everybody else off for that week and held the machine for me at the original price. It really restored my faith in humanity -- the guy stated a price, stuck to it, and didn't start messing around. Really good experience, and a big haul of karma for him. I'll always think of him as a trustworthy guy now, and there's a non-zero chance we'll meet again -- pinball's not that big of a world.

1 week later
#4388 10 years ago

Gottlieb TKO, $500 --

nh.craigslist.org link

#4391 10 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

But be wary of scam

Yeah, it looks scammy to me. But hey, if it's real, I hope some pinsider gets it. I know there are people looking out for one for their collections -- I'd much rather that than someone hoping for a quick payday.

#4395 10 years ago

It's gone already, but it looks like that TKO caught other people's eyes too:

nh.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#4618 10 years ago

Pat Hand in MA, $100 OBO:

That's my price range, but I'm not a huge fan of that title. (In other words, the few times I played it I got my ass kicked by the bumpers in the lower left and the GAPING right outlane.)

#4624 10 years ago
Quoted from gottlieb_em:

Don't bother sending an email on the Pat Hand. It's a scam directing you to another site

I was wondering about that, but Pat Hand seems like oddly specific and unappealing bait. Oh well, whatever.

3 weeks later
#4999 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Or maybe it was the memory of one comically epic trip that made me decide never again.

That sounds like a fun story, if you have time to type it up...

#5042 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

Heads up......

I saw that one, but couldn't quite bring myself to contact the seller, due to the UGHLY artwork. It's got to be gone by now, right?

#5063 10 years ago

Williams Satellite, woodrail, $250, backglass is almost completely toasted, and now instead of turning on it "makes a buzzing sound." Somebody save this old interplanetary beauty!

#5065 10 years ago

Bally Sea Ray, $350. Great game, if you can get it back from the Vineyard!

capecod.craigslist.org link

#5072 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Oh wow. Just wow. Anyone close to this?

I'm close enough, but totally out of money. I hope someone here can give it a loving home....

1 week later
#5256 10 years ago

Ad headline: 1969 Williams Pinball Machine

Ad text: "I am selling my 1971Williams pinball machine. The only reason I am selling it, Is because I need the space in my house. Clean, and everything works, A must see. Please call Walter at 518-378-0814. Thanks."

Sounds like some sort of temporal displacement device is involved?
albany.craigslist.org link

1 month later
#5746 9 years ago

Flying Chariots, $500:

1 week later
#5827 9 years ago
Quoted from orangestorm87:

Wow, really want to get my first pin after lurking for a while in the EM forum. And top of the list is 4 Million B.C. That and I am so close, but there is no way I could swing $1800 right now. Lucky person who takes that one home in my opinion.

Hey, welcome! Too bad about the price on that 4 Million B.C., but another one will pop up sooner or later, I bet.

#5828 9 years ago

Two machines for $175 in New Hampshire. Looks like two headaches to me, but if someone wanted these titles...
nh.craigslist.org link

#5879 9 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

No more anguish over the temptation vs finding space, money, explaining to the Mrs….

Speaking of which, will someone please buy this Klondike for $500 already? I'd love to go get it myself, but you know: space, money, and the Mrs.

#5893 9 years ago
Quoted from zaphod:

Wondering if anyone has eyeballed this -- it has been on CL for months, since Feb or March at least, price seems ok, what could be wrong with it that it has sat so long?

Yeah, I was wondering the same thing. Sort of a moot point, since I can't go get it. But the pictures look more or less okay, and there are no huge red flags in the ad.

#5896 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

derby day - $675 - montvale (nj)

Double-check the link on that, ccotenj -- I think it's linking to the Lucky Ace ad from the DC craigslist.

4 weeks later
#6374 9 years ago

Target Alpha, $400, Newton MA. This was listed on July 4th -- I can't believe it's still there!

#6423 9 years ago
Quoted from Spanishsilver:

Ended up scoring the Target Alpha for 225.00.

Wow, nice job. What kind of shape is it in? The playfield looked a little ragged but I honestly thought that machine would be sold at $400 within a few minutes. Maybe I'm overestimating how popular (or underestimating how rare) Target Alpha is.

#6424 9 years ago
Quoted from Hyperball91:

a rare Spanish "Torpedo!!"

The "one of everything" school of playfield design, it appears.

#6497 9 years ago

Fun Park in CT, $350:

#6521 9 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

textrivers said:

Fun Park in CT, $350:

Deleted

Yeah, I thought it would be gone quick.

#6543 9 years ago

Dealer's Choice, $400. Cabinet repaint. Comes with "all books and schematics." Presumably the retinal damage from the playfield is free of charge too:

#6634 9 years ago

Super cheap Delta Queen, Catskills NY:

catskills.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#6874 9 years ago

Good luck, tuffano -- post here if you get it. I've been looking for that title for a while. $200 would be a great deal!

5 months later
#8780 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

not sure if this got posted or not...

far out - $500 - ma/nh

It's been up for a few weeks. Keeps getting reposted. The backglass looks kind of crunchy. Maybe not quite worth $500? Apparently the market here thinks not.

#8827 9 years ago

I'm not sure if this person is looking to sell a pinball machine, or... something else.

burlington.craigslist.org link

#8829 9 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I would guess he want someone to fix the machine not sell it

I was referring to "Touch me!!" I mean I know they outlawed that stuff from craigslist but who knows....

#8916 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Good pile of parts here in this Wms Grand Prix cab and Gtb Spin Wheel for $200:

(although the Spin Wheel might be salvageable)

I wrote the seller. One playfield glass and one lockdown bar only (not sure for which machine). No legs. Still tempting, in spite of that.... I would LOVE to have a Grand Prix but what are the odds of finding a GP head for the body? And I'm too broke right now anyway.

#8933 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

if you want a GP and you want to make a drive down to jersey, i have a project that i will sell you real cheap...

Just messaged you...

1 week later
#9091 9 years ago

Bally Night Rider for $250, if you're willing to fix the "second solenoid." You know, the one that's not first! Obviously.

#9096 9 years ago

Gottlieb Jungle, $450, Boston area

#9148 9 years ago

Gottlieb Grand Slam, $300, "Fair Condition," southeast MA:

southcoast.craigslist.org link

#9149 9 years ago

Bally Hi-Deal in New London, CT, $1200 OBO. There's a lot of historical background info given in the ad, though, so it must be worth every penny! No decent pictures of (for example) the playfield.

newlondon.craigslist.org link

#9150 9 years ago

Williams Aces & Kings at the end of Long Island, $300:

longisland.craigslist.org link

Weird thing about this one -- the backglass art doesn't match what's on IPDB, EXCEPT that it does match the "Key Line" art. See explanation in the IPDB listing and see also this image. Could be early production version of the art?

#9180 9 years ago

That's a grand old beauty! Playfield looks nice. Even the backglass isn't too awful -- I appreciate the distressed look of flaking backglasses (I know, I'm in the minority on that one).

Yeah, $150-$200 sounds right. Maybe deduct $25 for the black rubber.

Good luck!

#9241 9 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Never know with CL.

Yes, exactly! I bought all four of my machines on CL. Three times out of four, I wrote or called the seller and only heard back 2-4 days later. Don't give up hope!

#9286 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Nice looking Continental Café for $275 in Philly:
philadelphia.craigslist.org link

(too nice to convert to a Nellie)

Nice bit of creativity on that machine... don't like 2" flippers? Swap them out for 3" ones -- problem solved!

#9384 9 years ago
Quoted from I_P_D_B:

Thank you, textrivers

You're welcome, and thank you Jay, for your work on IPDB! It's an incredible resource. Glad that I (and others) gave you the opportunity for some fun research. And it's a good looking glass, once you see a nice focused picture of it! Wish I had the time and especially money to pick that machine up myself.

#9416 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

cosmos - $350 - south philly (pa)

zipper flippers...

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Cosmos is a fun game. That one looks to be in really nice shape.

#9435 9 years ago

Hey congrats on scoring the Surf Champ, bellbrand! I bet your daughter's going to love it (if she's into pinball that is -- maybe even if she's not). Start a tech help thread if/when it's needed.

1 week later
#9723 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Free pinball machine in a Boston basement:

Bring a buddy.

The price is right for me. I texted to find out what title it is. There's no way I could muscle it through the snow, though... plus I'm already busy bringing a Grand Prix back up to speed....

#9772 9 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Pile of free games in Rhode Island:

WOW.

Quoted from ccotenj:

someone has to be close enough to at least go look...

I'm close enough, but I don't have enough time, nor any way to move them, nor anywhere to put them. But man, if I did!

2 weeks later
#10193 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

can anyone provide ground support on this? not to actually pick up, but to go give it a lookover?

I'll write to the seller and see what I can find out. Work is crazy right now and getting anywhere is half impossible, so I probably can't spare much time for reconnaissance, but who knows? Might as well find out what's what.

#10194 9 years ago
Quoted from textrivers:

I'll write to the seller and see what I can find out.

Seller responded. He rates the backglass 8/10, the playfield 7/10, and the cabinet 5/10.

He also said again that the machine needs to be "stopped."

#10223 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

And what have they done here? $850 (Surprise)

I wonder what was done inside, too! It seems like it might have gone all SS (what with the mp3 player for attract music and such)... hard to tell from the description, but regardless, yeah, not a bad-looking re-theme.

EDIT: I guess maybe only sounds were added -- original game-play mechanics seem to maybe not have been touched...?

1 month later
#11467 8 years ago

4 Million B.C. near Boston, $1000:

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider textrivers.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=textrivers and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.