20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider singlebanana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1915 10 years ago

I have owned a few EMs in the past and always like to have one in my collection; however, none of them have been what I would consider a "keeper." Just out of curiosity, which of these machines would you guys recommend most? I've played them all, but would like one to stay around longer. I'm more of a fan of 1p or 2p titles, since there are usually less mechs to go wrong, there is more bg artwork, and I rarely ever have more than 2 playing the same machine. Write in suggestions for machines not listed are also welcome. Thanks

Surfer
Card Wiz
Big Brave
Jungle Princess

#1949 10 years ago

Top Score project in Raleigh, NC $200

raleigh.craigslist.org link

#2032 10 years ago

What do you guys think this game is worth? I've asked for additional pictures (plus, back of bg, pf w/ glass off, sides of game, under pf) as these are pretty bad. I'm pretty positive the pf and bg are going to have a little wear/flaking respectively due to the condition of the cab so I'm interested in high/low offer. I think the seller is quite off in his price, but may be looking for a best offer and has no idea how to price it. Thanks.

charleston.craigslist.org link

#2034 10 years ago

Yeah, I was thinking in the $300-$400 range pending pics, a few hundred more if the pf and bg are nice. I'll also probably need it transported, but that's not his problem and I don't want that to affect the offer too much.

#2077 10 years ago

A buddy of mine picked up that Jungle Princess and said it is nice. Got it for a pretty fair price.

#2087 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Is that Mike Tolley? If so, I got a couple good deals from him a few years back at Allentown. Damn, wish I had room for some of those too! Great selection of titles. Did anyone contact him about particular game prices? (assume the $650 in the ad was for one of the lower priced, but you never know.

No, this isn't Mike Tolley. Also a good guy, bought my Split Second from him.

#2089 10 years ago

I'm not even sure what to say about this......

1 week later
#2227 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Sweeeet!, just got the game delivered to NC from Chicago, thanks to Don of "pinballs on the move". I have been searching high and low for the metal lane guides that were missing from the game in the picture. I drilled the lock out and what do I find inside? All 10 metal lane guides, a schematic, and the 3 missing posts!! Niiice. Playfield is great, no paint wear through even at the pops. Backglass is super and the cabinet is solid. This will be an easy restore.

I didn't see the actual cabinet, but I did see the backbox and glass on the back of Don's truck and it looked really nice. Don was also dropping off a machine at my place from the Chicago show. Congrats John!

#2235 10 years ago

John, isn't there a Sunshine on CL near Raleigh as well. I think the price on it might be high though. No idea what woodrails go for though.

#2318 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

No but dammit, found another one local. Ship Mates greensboro.craigslist.org link I actually sold the guy his replacement transformer. Guess I'm buying it back.

Right around the corner from me. That bg is a little creepy..... I'm a fan.

#2475 10 years ago

What would you even offer for this, if anything? The bg is toast, but pf could be salvagable. Any possibility of a replacement bg?

Surf Champ (Charlotte, NC) charlotte.craigslist.org link

#2645 10 years ago

Kind of hate to post this one (about 2 hours from me), but I'd rather see someone here get it if this is one they are looking for. I don't know. I love the artwork on this machine, but not sure that the gameplay would be compelling enough after watching a few videos on it. Someone talk me out of passing on this one.

Roanoke, VA - roanoke.craigslist.org link

#2648 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

It is a sleeper. Great game with a challenging progressive ruleset and good artwork especially on the playfield. I would call him now and go get it. But that's if it were me )

How's the price? With no pics of the pf, I'd be hesitant to pay what he's asking, but I could be wrong. I'd like to hear more about the rules of this pin, since they don't really translate well to the video. Send me a PM if you can or have time. Thanks.

#2656 10 years ago

I'm probably going to pass, as I have no way of getting up there before this weekend (job, kids, etc.). I hope that one of you is able to grab it and that was my main reason for posting the ad. If it is still available this weekend (which I highly doubt it), I may pick it up. I've got my heart set on a Surfer, if anyone knows of one for sale.

#2659 10 years ago

Looks like the same guy has a Magnotron: roanoke.craigslist.org link

$350 King Pin also in the area: roanoke.craigslist.org link

#2668 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Yup, because he might not want to let the Abra go once he has it.

You're probably right about that. The theme definitely fits the look of my gameroom better and I'd probably end up loving it. Again, I'd grab it, I just don't have the ability to make the trip right now.....

#2673 10 years ago

I'm picking up an Andromeda this weekend, so I'm not going to be too heartbroken if it's gone.

Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

Abra-Ca-Dabra 10 folds over a Surfer.

To each their own. Abra-Ca-Dabra is far more esthetically pleasing, but for me, Surfer has more of the features that I enjoy in an EM.

#2706 10 years ago

Posted on another thread. Some great machines in here (Harrisburg, PA) - http://i998.photobucket.com/albums/af105/espangler43/Pinball%20Machines%20for%20sale

#2723 10 years ago

A buddy of mine has a CC Cinema and was looking to replace the rubber nipples shown in the pic below. I can't seem to find them on Marco. Thinking maybe these are an older version and there is something newer that would work. Any help is appreciated. Thanks.

nipple rubber.jpgnipple rubber.jpg

#2726 10 years ago

My boss has a Blue Max he wants me to look at. Not sure, but he probably wants to sell it. Never seen it, so unsure of condition.

#2794 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I would seriously consider it if it were 250 miles closer. Animated runners, upper deck, good deal IMO

Anything with runners under $1000 seems to be good in our area.

#2815 10 years ago

Assuming they mean 1965 and have the date wrong. Pretty cool animated glass: fredericksburg.craigslist.org link

#2846 10 years ago

Eh, tried to talk to a guy near me who has a Surf Champ listed for $3,295........... I know, I know, I was wasting my time texting him, but you never know right? Tryed to handle this thing with kid gloves and not come off as a lowballing jerk. I think he just has no idea about the value. He says it's nice and I sent him a message about how he came about with his price. Also pointed him to Boston Pinball and even the price of the last one that sold on eBay ($699). He has been sitting on it for a while (of course). It didn't go well of course, but I was polite.....Ha!

#2849 10 years ago

Yep, after a few texts trying to gague his reason for his price, I get, "Whatever don't text me anymore." Ha!

Anyway, I just got a lead on an extremely nice Super Spin, which I believe is local. I know that this is a popular title among collectors, along with it's 4p counterpart Jet Spin. Does anyone know the approx. value? Thanks.

#2851 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

i have done the same thing, make sure you tell them if anything changes feel free to give to a call.
happens more than you would think.

Yeah, I was extremely polite about it and let him know where I was getting my info from. All of his texts were very short and blunt. Glad I didn't call, I'm sure I would have gotten the business.

#2852 10 years ago

Looked over pics of this Super Spin and it appears to be very nice (pf & bg). The only problem is that the cab has been repainted..... I still think it's a good deal for the price of $500. I'd pick it up if someone really wanted it and/or they had something I was interested in in trade.

#2929 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Not bad.
Williams Space Mission and Spanish Eyes, both work but need adjusting.$650 for the pair.
charlotte.craigslist.org link

My buddy is looking for a Space Mission EM and I may have him contact this guy after he gets back from his honeymoon. That Blast Off looks nice as well.

#2931 10 years ago

Yeah, SE was actually my first pin, so we are pretty familiar with it.

#2979 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I saw that. I want a Surfer/Surf Champ but for $300. Call me a dreamer..........

You and me both brother.....

2 weeks later
#3299 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Gottlieb Far Out $700 (oviedo)
orlando.craigslist.org link

I'd be calling about that Nugent beside of it if I were closer...

#3300 10 years ago

Seems like the guy in Bedford, VA still has some machines for sale: roanoke.craigslist.org link

Here's a quick video that may give you some pricing (he takes offers as well) and a look at some of the machines that might be available. My buddy took this vid and picked up the Jungle Princess while he was there. I think the Atlantis is gone as well, but unsure about others:

#3349 10 years ago

Well guys, I found a Surfer and I'm working out the details right now. Wish me luck.

1 week later
#3454 10 years ago

Unfortunate cabinet, but otherwise it appears nice. Pretty Baby in Hillsborough, NC.

#3524 10 years ago

Nice machine. Price seems a little out of whack, but what do I know.... 4 Million B.C.

columbia.craigslist.org link

#3525 10 years ago

Another Sonic Prospector near Raleigh, NC. $500 OBO

#3529 10 years ago

Apparently, this got snatched up quickly. Fingers crossed for a buddy of mine who is looking for a good project. greensboro.craigslist.org link

#3540 10 years ago

Well, I finally added an EM back into my collection. Glad I was patient and found this one about 10 miles from my house.

image.jpgimage.jpg image-347.jpgimage-347.jpg
#3541 10 years ago

Seller also has a Flip Flop they want to sell for $350 OBO. PM me if you want the details.

#3550 10 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

I have a Flip Flop.
Pretty decent game.
Interesting layout.
Color on backglass is really nice.
Great price if it's in decent shape.

If anyone really wants it, they will take less. From what I understand, they really just want to get rid of it.

2 months later
#4848 10 years ago

Holy Hell Jumbo Flippers Batman!

Farmington, NC

winstonsalem.craigslist.org link

1 week later
#4943 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i wish that that the run of sing alongs had continued and made its way to the northeast...

Or the Southeast.....

1 month later
#5631 9 years ago

In Winston-Salem, NC - Spin-a-Card $200

winstonsalem.craigslist.org link

1 month later
#6178 9 years ago

Possible freebie, but definitely cheap pin courtesy of Aaron at WeBuyPinball. No idea about the condition. Location is Georgetown, Louisiana:

"This is the voice mail I got today:

Hi, This might be a wasting of time, but I have a old Jolly Rogers pinball machine, it's taking up through my taxidermy Shop. My husband says it's headed for the dumpster. I know there's people out there in the collect this kind of stuff. If you give me a call back. My name's actually, and my number is (318) 374-9821. Thank you.

Should be FREE... Please save a pin."

2 months later
#7433 9 years ago

Thought I would post my C37 FS here before I started a FS thread. I know it's a highly sought after machine and that most of the EM guys regularly check this thread. Would like to see it go to a good home and get the full treatment, since it's a great candidate. Not interested in shippinig, but will work some with transport. I know that Don with Pinballs on the Move will be coming by my place to pick up another pin to take to the Chicago show if anyone needs transport. Don's a great guy, handles machines very carefully, and provides a great service at a great price. I know he is also headed to Florida in November, and further west toward Iowa on his Chicago route. He has a schedule on his website, since I am sure he will be in other places. Please PM me with questions.

C37:
Machine is coming on and scoring, but is not ejecting a ball. Thermometer on backglass is not resetting. Backglass is nice except for some lifting at the "37" number, which you will see, but I think it can be sprayed down with clear. Cab is the worst of it, sides look okay, but front is pretty rough; paint still visible all around if one wanted to make stencils. Only real wear on pf is near the flippers, but that is not painted (all wood) and can be sanded/stain-matched. Asking $1400. Here are some pics: http://s1029.photobucket.com/user/necrom99/library/Centigrade%2037?sort=3&page=1http://s1029.photobucket.com/user/necrom99/library/Centigrade%2037?sort=3&page=1

#7436 9 years ago
Quoted from Robotoes:

I looked at the photos and tend to agree that it's a little high. Course, maybe there is room to negotiate...
I would also say there is a bit more pf wear than just around the flippers.

Sorry, I cut and pasted a message I sent to someone earlier on another site and it was from memory and before I took the pics. There is some wear around the saucer, ball track at the top, a few very small places at the in-lane rollovers (which I tried to take detailed pictures of. Seems like there may be a few pinhole spots, but the pf is in really great shape for it's age and in my opinion doesn't need repainting in any painted areas. I guess it just depends on how perfect someone wants it. Like I said, it's a very good candidate for restoration and I don't think it would take much for this to be a nice machine. I looked over other FS ads in the past to come up with the price, but I am willing to consider fair offers. I'd love to trade toward one of the machines on my wishlist, but neglected to post it here, since I know most of you are majority EM collectors. The only EM I would consider is a very nice Surfer.

3 months later
#8763 9 years ago

Can't find anything on this machine. I assume it may have been re-themed at some point??

charlotte.craigslist.org link

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.98
Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider singlebanana.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=singlebanana and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.