20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14611 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Exactly, Ken. HUO in so-so condition doesn't even come close to a top-flight restoration which was rescued from a busy route.
Condition is everything in this hobby.

I'd much rather have an above average original with flaws than a restored "perfect" machine. Hell, probably even one that's less than average.

#14613 8 years ago

Definitely leave it that way. Maybe fix things like the inserts (and lamp sockets) but the other stuff is just is what it is to me. Replacement backglasses or even playfields is "okay" too, but on an okay original you shouldn't need either of those things even if they're not perfect.

1 week later
#14679 8 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

You are right! I bought a Jungle back glass and playfield plastics that was from NJ. His pictures had the same blue cabinet as this one. Super nice pinsider and was legit. He had found jungle at an estate sale (I think). Maybe he sold it to this guy in the add?

Those look like they've been sitting outside and I've seen other pictures in another ad that there were old mice nests (disgusting.) on the playfields. I'm betting that they're not the same machine(s), but maybe...

2 weeks later
#14758 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I saw that one and it's still for sale. Pretty game.
I picked up an El Toro (no, not that one) I found on CL for $400 last weekend.

Now if only it was Bally El Toro...

#14759 8 years ago

-- double --

#14765 8 years ago
Quoted from Zarklin:

As bad as I want this I know I can't make it out there before it's snagged. Sharing so hopefully a fellow pinsider can give it a good home. Then I can beg to buy it later
detroit.craigslist.org link

You'd be surprised, that title sits for a while. I wouldn't pay that for it, not sure if others would. Certainly not a "get up and go" deal either, if anything it's retail. There was one for $250 that sat around here for a while on CL. If you actually could get up there I'd say you have like 2 or 3 weeks to do so.

1 week later
#14909 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

On Sale means way over priced to begin with
and now simply over priced.
Aurora is a hub for antique stores here just north of Salem.
CCoin Rawhide and GTB King Kool
"They are all ON SALE and price to sell or we will be sending them off to the auction."
a veiled threat
portland.craigslist.org link

To be picky, that "Rawhide" is the Stern version after they took over Chicago Coin. Pretty sure it's the same exact thing, though, besides the tiny "Stern" text above the name.

1 week later
#14973 7 years ago
Quoted from Spider3582:

But can you get parts . Are they interchangeable with another brand. It looks like a good fun game and 350 isn't bad but if you can't get parts it's not worth it

Every single EM I've ever owned (buying it knowing it was complete) never crucially needed parts besides universal things like leg brackets, rubbers, etc. (which won't be a problem to find of course). They are usually not "replace parts" machines they are "adjust/clean parts" machines (SS games usually are opposite, at least in parts where they differ from EM games), and I would guess it's complete. Anything that needs replaced would likely be interchangeable from something else and these games almost look like Williams games so I wonder if they just used Williams parts.

I'd buy it, but I have no money and no space anymore for things that just have some "cool factor". Going to stop jumping on random things, learn to say no, and start saving up (getting a good job soon) for some really nice stuff that I want to seek out rather than games always seeking me out. Getting deals has it's benefits though, never paid over $500 for any individual game in my collection (and that was my Comet, then $400 Devil's Dare, next maximum is $300 which is when things start to average out around there).

#14990 7 years ago
Quoted from Svendtube:

cljoke_(resized).jpg

Wonder who will guess it. Jackbot? Funhouse?

1 month later
#15193 7 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

On a lighter note, buddy of mine has an ultra rare Williams EM Space Lab from 1974, a little rough, but only 30 made. ask is $150.
"I have a Space Lab Pinball Machine. Everyone owns a sky lab, who owns a SPACE LAB? It may be rare, but it probably will never be super valuable in my opinion.
Well this is your chance, supposedly only 30 made. Playfield is probably a 5 out of 10. Cab a 6 out of 10. BG a 6 out of 10. It plays but the kick out coil does not fire. The rest seems to work.
I will trade for a Data East pinball MPU, Data east checkpoint BG, Pinball Displays, Pinball boards, other pinball parts or tools? What do you have."
location is Hebron, CT it is on Eastern, CT craigslist

I sent him an e-mail a few hours ago (no reply yet) Here's hoping I can grab it.

#15194 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I don't think the production number for "Space Lab" is accurate. Allegedly only 30 made? I've seen several of them, so unless they were all sold to a local distributor, I think that number is actually much higher.

They were "Sky Lab"s pulled off the line and stripped of a replay arm and the original glass whenever one was ordered, the story goes.

2 weeks later
#15310 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Smart Set / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: June 1969
Production: 4,500
Cost: $350 OBO
Link/Contact: jerseyshore.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "works... extra parts included.... back glass and playfield nice..."

Unfortunately somebody did the 5-reels mod to that machine & glass

#15313 7 years ago

Operators did this as apparently it looked more appealing.

Original:
Backglass_(resized).jpgBackglass_(resized).jpg

CL ad:
00m0m_eCJCyyiyIi5_1200x900_(resized).jpg00m0m_eCJCyyiyIi5_1200x900_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#15350 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Non-stop arcade action! $400
Toledo
tucson.craigslist.org link

"Non-stop"

So slow you could probably get a drink and come back without losing your ball

"Own it and chicks will dig you."

"Hey baby, wanna take it back to my place and check out my 1975 Williams Toledo pinball machine?"

#15385 7 years ago
Quoted from HighVoltage:

Hee Haa Pinball - $1400 (saratoga)
sfbay.craigslist.org link
Needs to go? Not at that price...

$1,400, sheesh. You'd have to pay me to take a Chicago Coin machine at this point.

My first machine is a Chicago Coin ("Showtime", check out IPDB for the blandest playfield arrangement ever) and I set it up again just to eventually repair my newbie mistakes and maybe even give it a spot in the lineup just for nostalgia's/extreme variety's sake but I'm already planning to take it down again before it even found a permanent spot for it. I'll be keeping it, but I think storage it is. Limited room.

A lot of their 60's games look interesting and possibly even fun but a lot of the 70's games are just so so bad, I don't even know how they sold. A pain in the ass to maintain too, not very reliable and apparently never were. I hate to say it, but pure junk. I still have a special spot in my heart for mine though and I will never be able to break even on it so I don't mind keeping it around. Pretty nice condition too besides the backglass.

#15395 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Dad gum it. Needs to be closer.

Ew, a BALLY?!

#15397 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

(checks Otaku's collection, sees more than only Gottlieb games, sees Star-Jet, some Williams titles, and a brave inclusion of a Chicago Coin game too)
All good... thou shalt pass. :p
BTW, if you ever want to part with that Star-Jet... lemme know. I know a local pal who just HAS to have one.

Just messing with you after reading that other thread regarding the manufacturer debate, forget which one. Bally is a-okay in my book! Although maybe not Chicago Coin as stated, but I simply can't part with my first game.

Oh good, hahaha.

Unfortunately once I'm done with this poor Star-Jet (where all parts were clipped from the harness and had the cabinet smashed to pieces) I'll probably never ever get rid of it. Too much soldering and schematic-searching to ever put a price on.

Saved it from a part-out. Bleh... (Warning, pretty graphic video on all fronts. Might hurt the soul, especially given the desirability and rarity.)

#15401 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

You... got... THAT one? Like, you're going to rebuild a whole new cab/head/wiring harness and piece it all back together?!?

Yeah. Crazy, I know. However the bottom board wasn't clipped/pieced apart yet, just the head. If the bottom board was clipped apart I probably would have let it go.

I realized even reusing the old harness from the head (even though it was cut kind of short in some spots) would be much easier than remaking it, just going to extend the wires where need be. I just sit there with a schematic and have at it. Still have a while to go though, been spending a lot of time away from it, need to find some more time to sit down and get a lot done.

Still searching for an original February '63 to February '66 cabinet to use for it, and if it's from a single player I'd just build the head. The cabinet is very particular though and having the lockdown piece that is attached to the cabinet would definitely help so I'm waiting on that route first.

Some call it the "EM grail" though, and I also took an interest in it before this whole opportunity came up, so I jumped on it as these never seem to come up, and if one did it would probably be way out of my price range.

#15407 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Wild Wild West / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: August 1969
Production: 1,350
Cost: $350
Link/Contact: ocala.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "...all flippers, features & lights in good working order."

One on my list, however that drive certainly is not! (obviously )

Quoted from boilerman:

ask him what he paid for it in that condition.

What would you pay for it, and what would you pay for a working Star-Jet? Genuinely curious. I don't think I got an awful deal. I certainly did not pay buy-it-now price on all those items if that's what you're thinking. This seems like the second or third time you've said this to somebody on here, all that soldering doesn't bug me. Just takes time, it's like a puzzle with flipping through the schematic. Fun story to tell too. Something I can be even more proud of at the end.

The amount I paid for it will not go to waste, it will bring me great enjoyment both in building and playing, and also others because I'm pretty committed to bringing it to shows since it seems even a lot of collectors have never played one. Worth it to me. I think I paid a lot less then you think I did...

#15436 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Hey is that your Pit Stop O-Din? When did you get the juke and tile floor?

Most important to ask is how the hell he got the girl

#15464 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Gottlieb Palace Guard only $425
greenbay.craigslist.org link

Years ago I passed on a Royal Guard at the York show after waiting too long and somebody bought it ahead of me even after I texted the guy (meaning the seller sold it to somebody who texted after, grrrr), and at that point I didn't know of the EM craze and how great wedgeheads were and my mom and I weren't sure if $300 was a good deal for it given the age.

I'm never buying a Royal Guard/Palace Guard if it's more than $300, LOL. I'd kick myself even more.

#15476 7 years ago
Quoted from bronco-jon:

Here's a really nice one I just got from craigslist. it has a flawless back glass and a playfield that's going to clean up nice.....I must say though, The name does not fit the game...."King Kool" There is really nothing cool about this game, very boring game play. being in nice condition is the only thing going for it in my opinion.

Everybody always says bad things about this game, I wanna try one one day. The art is really cool. I wonder if it would do well in a big collection.

Also, don't mean to rain on your parade of calling it flawless, but it looks like all the plastics (actually these might just be only yellowed, they used very light colors on the plastics on this game, fixable) and the backglass are badly sun-faded, just letting you know. Maybe you could find a replacement if it's a big deal to you.

Here's a non-faded glass, compare the "KING KOOL" text, the girl's shirt, and the guitars, let alone the rest:

Backglass_(2)_(resized).jpgBackglass_(2)_(resized).jpg

Playfield looks really nice and un-faded though. Nonetheless, nice pickup! Should clean-up great.

#15482 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Couple here for the bargain shopper.
inlandempire.craigslist.org link

Ahh yes, the "1070's"...

I want a Jive Time. Too bad shipping would probably kill it. I wonder how much it would be? That one looks pretty nice.

#15484 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I've seen several Jive Times for sale lately. Shipping to you from here is probably a little over $400 thru STI. In fact I paid a little mre for shipping than I did for Eager Beaver, but it was well worth it.

Now I just gotta figure out the "O-din gasoline fee and hold for 3 months while I scrounge up $400 fee".

I don't see them come up around here much, must be a California type of game. Either they don't come up here or they're pretty beat.

EDIT: Only 465 made? Geez. I guess that explains it. Honestly may try to seek somebody out to do this who has the space. Wish I had the shipping money up front though. That looks like a pretty Jive Time. Argh!

#15485 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In fact I paid a little mre for shipping than I did for Eager Beaver, but it was well worth it.

What state did you end up finding it in, anyways?

#15490 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Original "doubletop" pinball machine for a mere $5500:
Really?
desmoines.craigslist.org link

I thought they just really needed glasses but judging by the description it sounds like they have a "Baseball" head that comes with it as well?

#15491 7 years ago

Oh, nevermind. I see what they mean. It comes with a "World Series" playfield. Weird. Do they even work together?

#15494 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Wish I had the shipping money up front though. That looks like a pretty Jive Time. Argh!

Welp, here goes nothing:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/anybody-in-san-bernardinolake-arrowhead-california#post-3271936

#15496 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Where did you say it is?

He said it's up in his cabin of all places. Cool spot for a pinball machine, just doubt an STI truck could get up there. Could be on a more than suitable road though, I'll have to ask a few more questions. Never been down that way before. I sure hope so, I think finding somebody to do this is gonna be difficult as is.

#15510 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Couple here for the bargain shopper.

Jive Time ($250) is on the way to mikeincali's house tomorrow for storage then off to mine once I save up enough money to ship it. (Already paid for machine + transport fee)

A lot of people talk shit on this game but I'm in it for the cool art and I really wanna have some fun with the spinning wheel. Should be a nice addition in my upcoming 70's Williams single player row. Probably won't do as bad in a bigger collection as people think, it's a love it or hate it kind of gave and the reviews show that. I tend to like everything.

I am hoping the condition is as good as it looks in the pictures (seems like nearly all Jive Times have the flipper wear, it's weird) or I guess I gave myself a really big life lesson of to ask for many more. I've asked myself why I'm dropping so much on THIS game but it's just one of those things I want to experience (shipping) and this game never pops up around here and I really like the aspect of it. Much cheaper than shipping a $1,000 game at least! Looks to be in pretty nice shape from the pictures. I also want to be prepared for when I actually have enough money to ship more expensive games and get the wrap around on an experience with STI and whatnot.

Maybe not worth it to some, but just needed to splurge a little. With it on "layaway" that will help a lot too. It's gonna be a keeper anyways so not worried about losing money. Fingers crossed, and have a safe trip Mike (and Jive Time too).

00T0T_kvjv0hdbecQ_1200x900_(2)_(resized).jpg00T0T_kvjv0hdbecQ_1200x900_(2)_(resized).jpg

#15523 7 years ago

Yeah, great condition. They actually look worth the price. Nice.

1 month later
#15682 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I haven't played one of these since it was fairly new, but I remember it was a good player and a lot of fun.
Mustache Man $400

"Needs replacement rubber band" WITH THAT PRICE??????? /sarcasm

I love how specific they are, while some people call the most beaten, awful examples of a machine "nearly perfect".

#15691 7 years ago
Quoted from dfrazer:

I'll have to check and see if I have any $1,250 relay switches lying around.....

Damn, looks like I'm all out

#15699 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Was thinking about that one. Just don't have any space for it.

Look at that condition, and for $300!

Time to throw out the couch...

#15721 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Williams Magic Town $325
glensfalls.craigslist.org link

Love the story behind that, wish I had that kind of info for any of my machines besides states/countries!

Screenshot_3227 (resized).pngScreenshot_3227 (resized).png
00F0F_5MfY5KonV5q_1200x900 (resized).jpg00F0F_5MfY5KonV5q_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00s0s_5ki1jRt3YAJ_1200x900 (resized).jpg00s0s_5ki1jRt3YAJ_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#15724 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Chicago Coin Kicker
Bally Rocket III $1,950 for the pair (or best reasonable offer)
providence.craigslist.org link

Wow, HUO since the 70's too. Wish my wallet was full! (Mainly interested in the Rocket III like anybody else I'm sure)'

Love how he put:

"Bally's Kicker III
and Rocket III"

That would be a Chicago Coin Kicker, sir.

#15728 7 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Never have played it though.

[Wrote text below the image]

11274_10151440857337290_1534669744_n-1 (resized).jpg11274_10151440857337290_1534669744_n-1 (resized).jpg

Wasn't expecting you of all people to say that! You need to find one somewhere. There's a nice one at the Silverball Museum (I think it's still there) here in New Jersey but that's quite a trek for a game of pinball that you can't even take home.

1 week later
#15774 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Once you've had every EM or any other era games you always wanted and then some, the only thing left to do is diversify.

Didn't you un-diversify a while back though? It's cool how it runs in like waves. I remember back when you replaced a bunch of your modern games with woodrails.

2 weeks later
#15833 7 years ago

Target Alpha. Unless it really is a project. Then that's a cool alias for it.

#15842 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Great player, but that one is beat. Maybe worth $100 tops.

Are you kidding me, look at that left flipper, it stays up forever! It can cradle the ball and you'll never lose! That has to be worth at least an extra $1,000

#15847 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If you want it I'll knock enough off to cover shipping. But you will need to install the correct green pop bumper skirt which I am including. I've been too lazy to do it.

There ya go, 1974DeltaQueen!

1 month later
#15897 7 years ago
Quoted from Captive_Ball:

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Kings / EM
Year: September 1957
Production: Unknown
Cost: $600
Contact/Link: sanantonio.craigslist.org link

Second picture: Nobody commented on this yet surprisingly, that dude needs to put some clothes on! Aah!

00v0v_cdWunkiRbDn_600x450 (resized).jpg00v0v_cdWunkiRbDn_600x450 (resized).jpg

#15899 7 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

He just needs a tan.

Not sure if gifted or just saggy

1 week later
#15929 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Spirit of 76 / EM 4 Player
Month/Year: December 1975
Production: 10,300
Cost: $450
Contact/Link: newlondon.craigslist.org link
Condition: "...great shape all LED"

He must have been testing that Spirit of '76 (or hopefully, and it's not an issue), unless he has two friends that are REALLY bad at pinball...

Screenshot_3784 (resized).pngScreenshot_3784 (resized).png

1 month later
#15959 7 years ago
Quoted from pinhead52:

oklahomacity.craigslist.org link
This is one of 7130 units ever created. It has Pop up bumpers, stand up target's, kick out holes and spinning targets. Right out lane ball return, back box animation. design by Ed Krinsky the artwork was by Gordon Morrison. pinball rating machine has seven point five stars out of ten as a 1974 model it was really the apex of the Gottlieb models. Unit is completely intact however not fully operational. You will need a pickup truck and 2 grown farmboys to transport.
Ive texted and emailed asking the name of this game...no response... Im guessing "300"?

Not 300. It is Super Soccer/Soccer. "Spinning targets" and "kickout holes", and everything else he says matches. Super Soccer has a 7.5 IPDB rating while Soccer has a 7.4 IPDB rating, which matches his given number. 7,130 units of Super Soccer were produced, which matches his number. Soccer had 2,900 produced. Narrow it down with the "backglass animation" thing (the balls), and you get a much better idea.

All (meaning those two and your noted "300"/Top Score) 4 were made in 1975 rather than 1974 as the description states.

#15960 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

No, it was a bit of a trek. And, on New Year's Day no less! Started the year with a woodie!

Now the only question is Joe, are you truly a "Classy Bowler"? Any good? Or more of a gutter ball kind of guy?

1 week later
#15969 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Still looking for a Sheba... that one is even harder to find.

All of the 60's Bally games are like forgotten in time sans Trio and the occasionally Hootenanny due to the low production numbers of all of them Ryan got lucky finding that Hay-Ride, and I have Star-Jet of course. I want a Sheba as well, one day it'd be nice to own a few of them, but so little of any of them seem to still exist and the only reason Star-Jet is so rare and desirable but still has a few good examples around is due to the desirability - it's a shame the other games didn't get the same fate/luck it seems.

Although Mad World's art kind of creeps me out (reminds me of 60's medicine with the aspirin and the doctors and everything lol), it would be cool to own one as well one day.

#15970 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Bring a crane if that's one of those metal cabinets.

Make sure the head is already detached...

00f20515.gif00f20515.gif

1 month later
#16079 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

If I ever come across a "TKO", it would be an instant flip. It does nothing for me despite it's historical significance.
Had a chance at a "Tiger", but it was a major restoration job. Not worthy.
"Poseidon" is essentially the same as "Neptune". I have the backglass and have a "Neptune" already.

Yeah, that's the "Tiger" I was offered before it went on eBay.
Isn't the playfield of "Poseidon" the same as "Neptune"?

I was bidding on that Tiger for the last few seconds and let it go when somebody bid like $450 or something like that. I guess with the NOS glass it's okay but in that condition I was not going to go that high.

1 week later
#16096 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

First time I've seen one of these.
"Oh Johnny" pinball-$300
Not working.
losangeles.craigslist.org link

Jeez, Johnny sounds like a hot-shot, but that's the last face I would imagine any of those girls would want to wake up to! Might cause a scream!

01010_il2R1pv2MZp_1200x900 (resized).jpg01010_il2R1pv2MZp_1200x900 (resized).jpg

#16097 7 years ago

I do admire the theme though, and the "point" of it. I guess Johnny is the dreamy lifeguard/sailor. Loved by women, surfer men, and schnauzers.

00D0D_G3XkGytPEi_1200x900 (1) (resized).jpg00D0D_G3XkGytPEi_1200x900 (1) (resized).jpg
00I0I_hXykQNfh1Er_1200x900 (resized).jpg00I0I_hXykQNfh1Er_1200x900 (resized).jpg
01010_il2R1pv2MZp_1200x900 (1) (resized).jpg01010_il2R1pv2MZp_1200x900 (1) (resized).jpg
00i0i_59MC4haRs2z_1200x900 (resized).jpg00i0i_59MC4haRs2z_1200x900 (resized).jpg
00W0W_d4JRWYQot2y_1200x900 (resized).jpg00W0W_d4JRWYQot2y_1200x900 (resized).jpg

2 weeks later
#16134 7 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

I think that is over ? Lists March 4th as the sale date . To bad I'd love to get s Rancho

Is Rancho that good of a game? I know NicoVolta really wants one as well. I love my 70's Williams multiplayers and they are very very solid games - but my Rancho sits in my garage disassembled, never tried it out yet. Picked it up for $100 or $200 a few months back, whatever it was. Guy calls me up and says "Want anything else?", so brought home an $80 Triple Strike too in mint condition and that ended up becoming the "main game" of the deal that got set up in my garage first, just dirty and missing the backglass. He had a Super Star for $80 too but I already had a mint one and wouldn't of had room in my truck anyways - no sleep lost over passing on that one.

He was headed to the area too so he delivered both (met him somewhere convenient for him about 15-20 minutes away) for that price as well from Connecticut.

IMG_2507 (resized).JPGIMG_2507 (resized).JPG

#16138 7 years ago
Quoted from Barkz:

If you are buying mint EMs for $80 I need to either move to NJ or pay you to pick me up some stuff.

Mint is subjective and a lot of people here are super picky but not a wear mark on the playfield from what I can see and the cabinet is pretty spotless besides under the legs. Just needs mechanical love and it was filled with cat hair, which if you read my posts, is my arch nemesis as I'm slightly allergic and it's impossible to get all the hair and dander out of the wiring and it just grosses me out. So it never made it into the basement yet. Hopefully one day.

#16139 7 years ago

Also, that being said a lot of Williams games don't get the eBay love they deserve, so no I'm not high, it really was in pretty nice shape although listed as a rough project with bad pictures.

I feel like I underpaid for every single Williams game I own (minus maybe one or two if that), actually...

Some people would buy a Gottlieb on fire and race there to put it out for $200. I love my Gottliebs and appreciate the low cost deal pricing you can sometimes get on Williams games but they sure deserve to be closer together.

My Strato-Flite and Liberty Bell (both FANTASTIC games, like wow, especially Liberty Bell - both have really really fun rules and DC pop bumpers/flippers) came to me in really nice condition as well, both for really really cheap. Strato-Flite was $100, Liberty Bell was $250 I believe, my Space Mission was $100, etc., etc...

#16140 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

22-hour round trip

I'd call you insanely crazy but that'd be unfitting considering you're about to go off on your pinball tour across the US & Canada and back

#16161 7 years ago
Quoted from emguy:

Jim at Pinball Revival in Novato has one. I was at his shop over the weekend, and saw it in their storage.

Convenient...

#16163 7 years ago

You don't have your location set on Pinside, how am I to know

Quoted from o-din:

Yeah, that's just like you driving down to Raleigh NC to pick up a game.

Except you don't get all the cool "now entering this state" signs! (I'd probably have the nice weather and palm trees instead though... as I do believe you're from Southern CA, no?)

#16165 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Like this one? I may call the guy anyway to see what's up although I've heard he's kind of pricey, as I haven't seen too many Beat The Clocks changing hands. Kind of odd for a game with 2100 units made. Maybe the owners just like to hang on to them.

My friend has two of them, one his dad bought him and his brother when they were kids, and a really nice one he bought as a collector. The playfield was so bad on the childhood one he painted it a maroon color and sectioned off some arrows/text on the playfield to not paint over. Plays great. Apparently he sold it or gave it away at one point but couldn't live without it.

1 week later
#16180 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Never knew that Ford Mustang came out in the 50s
or either that CCoin was physic.
but you are right, do not see this one often.

That's because the game came out in 1964 I love how these CL sellers always assume "50's". A good way to tell is if it's a woodrail or not. The big shift from woodrail to metal rail started in 1960 conveniently enough (thus being "60's"). So if it's "50's" - it's likely woodrail.

#16202 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Well, whadda ya know! Anotha!
newjersey.craigslist.org link
Maybe this is the one Vic meant to post.

That is one minty Bally machine, pretty too. If I had the money I would make him and offer, but alas...

#16204 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

A friend sent me a link to this one. Not really my cup of tea, but in the condition it's in whoever picks it up will probably be whistling Dixie.
sacramento.craigslist.org link

I like the "clarinet score" layout with the kickout hole. Cool. Clean game/example, too. Can't beat all that factory documentation either, truly a beautiful sight.

#16210 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When I want a little Dixie entertainment, I just head on over to Disneyland.

Now, which one is you? Can't imagine you'd be just a spectator...

#16218 7 years ago
Quoted from emguy:

Breaking the Bally streak...
Williams Skill Pool - $250 in Turlock
Someone grab this deal !!!
modesto.craigslist.org link

Quoted from Vic_Camp:

This game looks to be in great condition too.

Especially the backglass, I've seen some pretty bad ones on Skill Pool.

#16241 7 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

This one is for real..seller is a friend of mine and this game is in great shape.
delaware.craigslist.org link
It is also sitting between a couple other rare games. Can you name them?

Joker Poker EM and Minstrel Man, and a Gemini on the far left

#16242 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Wonder why it says it's a Bally?

An ode to incorrect Craigslist sellers everywhere

#16250 7 years ago
Quoted from MarkD:

charlotte.craigslist.org link
I've been watching this for several days. Is it worth it?

Maybe at $300 or $350. Looks like the head was repainted wrongly but has webbing on it, hmm.

#16255 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

1961 Gottlieb 2 player in nice original condition,
newjersey.craigslist.org link
1963 Gottlieb Sweet Hearts wedgehead. Back glass if original is very nice.
poconos.craigslist.org link

Surprised you're not doing a backglass switch with that Sweet Hearts Vic, may be a little too much risk over reward though...

#16258 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

BG is not perfect look at missing paint in top right corner near the T

Oof, yeah, nevermind anyways then.

3 weeks later
#16320 6 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

I see a 1700 dollar Slick Chick and a 500 dollar Big Top.

Big Top is actually fairly desirable as it is one of the very very few multiplayer add-a-ball machines by Gottlieb and by anybody.

1 year later
#17080 5 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

1969 Bally Hoo $325..."burnt solenoid" but this game looks nice. Getting harder to find these deals.
baltimore.craigslist.org link

Don't forget about the other two! O-din would be in love over that Pit Stop, me too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
$ 24.98
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider otaku.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=otaku and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.