20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldcarz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#11889 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The only real question is where am I gonna put it.
DSCN3755.JPG

Great game and in wonderful condition! Fabulous Davy Crockett theme. I made room for mine once I found one and it has become one of my favorite woodies.
Flaming arrows, multiple special awards, and classic Parker cartoon art. (Love the "A La Mode 2000 mile sign" - Parker reference to the Alamo where Crockett fought).
Good luck!

#11918 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After we were done playing last night I spent quite a while looking at Frontiersman and I kept saying to myself it doesn't get much better than this, and in reallity it doesn't. The gameplay is as outstanding as the art package which IMO is one of the best of all time.

Giving another thumb's up as this game, also, is in the top of my favorites. Yep, I agree that the back glass is one of Roy Parker's best: Has a pretty Parker Babe, beautiful colors and humorous gags scattered, including a "politically incorrect (by today's standards) of an Indian drinking heavily. Also a St. Bernard with the brandy barrel around his neck and the raccoon holding up a cup to catch the dripping brandy...

There's a woman hitting an Indian with a rolling pin and she has a voice balloon which illuminates the "tilt." Many characters wearing the coon skin hat of the Davy Crockett fad of that era.

It was the last Gottlieb with wooden legs...

Enjoy!

1 month later
#12413 8 years ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

I just emailed the seller. I've never had an AAB and after reading the Favorite AAB game thread was thinking which theme would appeal to me and realized the Palooka would be PERFECT for me being a cartoonist with it's very cartoony theme.
It's now $650. Is that a good price for it?
Is there anyone in the Portland area that could pick it up and hold it for when I come to Portland over Labor Day weekend?

PM sent. Just want to mention that I purchased the 1949 Buttons & Bows from this gentleman last month and would highly recommend him as a seller. He sent extensive pix, videos and accurately described the machine. There was no disappointment at all in a cross country transaction.

Palooka is a great game. I had also considered it, given that I already have 3 boxing themed games. I chose to pass on the machine, but I would think that this is a very fair price for a rare game and good player. (The glass and chrome are probably worth that much...)

Good luck
Joel

2 weeks later
#12713 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Gtb Auto Race among a couple bingos in OR:
portland.craigslist.org link

The 1956 Auto Race is a really good woody and could be a worthwhile effort for someone to restore.
I have mine as a companion machine to the Flying Turns - similar themes of cars, colors, racetrack at fairgrounds, etc.

Auto_race_.jpgAuto_race_.jpg

5 months later
#14359 8 years ago
Quoted from EMsInKC:

I think if you play a properly set up River Boat, you'll change your mind.

River Boat is one of my favorite reverse wedgies, and a sentimental favorite of mine since I first become fond of it back in 1966 when I was a teenager working in an arcade where it resided. The one today, has a nice original playfield with some wear around the flippers, but it warranted a cabinet repaint.
There is some discussion in another thread about the liberal vs. conservative settings on pinball machines. The River Boat has several options for changing the difficulty. Personally, I have it set on the most conservative.

Williams_River_Boat_2016_1_(resized).jpegWilliams_River_Boat_2016_1_(resized).jpeg

Williams_River_Boat_2016_2_(resized).jpegWilliams_River_Boat_2016_2_(resized).jpeg

Williams_River_Boat_2016_3_(resized).jpegWilliams_River_Boat_2016_3_(resized).jpeg

Williams_River_Boat_2016_4_(resized).jpegWilliams_River_Boat_2016_4_(resized).jpeg

Williams_River_Boat_2016_5_(resized).jpegWilliams_River_Boat_2016_5_(resized).jpeg

1 month later
#14749 8 years ago

The guy has a point....an El Dorado is a heavy machine. A few months ago, he gave away his Mermaid because he was allergic to fish.

ElDO_(resized).pngElDO_(resized).png

10 months later
#16081 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

It's a fun game to play too. I don't think I'd be willing to part with mine.
It's one of those games where you have to get the numbered bumpers in order. And the knocker provides drum roll sound effects in unison with the lady shooting the pistol on the backglass. And much more.

I have the cousin machine - '48 Barnacle Bill. Similar upper playfield layout with sequential 6 pop bumper scoring , great art, animation in the backglass when Barnacle Bill "knocks" on the door, reverse flippers. Fun game and one of my keepers, too.

1 week later
#16089 7 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Dave,
You nailed it, pleasure Isle is staying in my lineup .
B

Mine, too!

1 month later
#16248 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

After further review (of the photos), this is not the same "Miss Annabelle" that "oldcarz" once owned. I know the previous three owners of that one before "oldcarz" had it.

You are the pinball whisperer. Correct that the Delaware machine is not the one that I had. I know the seller...he's a good guy with good games.

J

1 year later
#17059 5 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

blows the dust off his userid.
hey gang. remember me?

Glad to hear you are mending and getting back into the swing of things. Be well.
Joel

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider oldcarz.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=oldcarz and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.