20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3787 10 years ago

Hoov -

Nice pickup. I think I may have been 3rd or 4th on the call list! Talked to the guy yesterday and he said someone was coming and he would bounce me back if it was no-show. A few hours later - no ad on Craigslist! Oh well, I figured as much on this one as I didn't notice the ad till after it was posted for almost a full day.

Sometimes your the windshield (found a nice Nags in St Louis a few years ago), sometimes your the bug (too many to count!).

Can't wait to see the pics.

1 month later
#4332 10 years ago

stlouis.craigslist.org link

Big Indian for sale outside of St Louis. Went to look at this today (helping a friend buy his first game).

We ended up picking up a very clean '76 Gottlieb Buccaneer (you can see it in the background). The Big Indian was in OK condition, typical flaking in the reds on the BG and needing to be shopped.

The owner (a great guy) also had a Sonic Mars Trek which I had never seen before and was a very fun game with a great condtion BG and playfield.

Other games in included a decent (some wear on playfied) Top Card and a '66 Williams Pitch and Bat baseball game that definitely needed work but I think he is offering for a pretty low price.

1 week later
#4438 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

King Pin
" target="_blank">fortsmith.craigslist.org link
Wish I was closer............

I have an offer in to the owner to buy it at that price. It's a bit of a drive from St Louis but I don't mind road trips and I've always liked bowling themed games and Kin Pin in particular. Used to bowl a lot as a kid up in Michigan and it brings back great memories. Hope the deal comes through, if it does, I'll post pics.

4 weeks later
#5005 10 years ago

Teacher's Pet is a great game. Owned one for about 5 years and kind of regret selling it even though the space was used for a William's Nags. One of the better 'flowing' EM games I've played and very fast.

2 months later
#5887 9 years ago

Alex -

Teacher's Pet is a GREAT game. Had one for a few years and only sold it to make room for a Nags (which is cooler in a way but nowhere near the good player that Teachers Pet is).

Teacher's Pet may have the best "flow" of the ball: top to bottom action, ball zipping everywhere of almost any EM I have ever played. It and Heat Wave are among my favorite 60's pins from any manufacturer.

6 months later
#8379 9 years ago

Fast Draw is a great game and the playfield looks to be in outstanding shape. If that game was close by (and I didn't already have Quick Draw), I would RUN to get it. Obviously be nice if he could come down a bit, but I think it would still be a good game at that price.

3 weeks later
#8863 9 years ago

Hoov -

Good catch on the Sheriff-

I've been helping a friend of mine here in St Louis look for a second game (picked up a Buccaneer last Spring) and we must have called just after you did!

He is talking to guy with the Jungle Princess and hope to go see that today/this weekend.

I've played Sheriff in the past and liked it and in the original Craigslist pictures it looked nice.

I'm living vicariously through helping my friend look. I am (past) filled up with space for games and any new one would mean one my current (Nags, Heat Wave, King of Diamonds, Sing Along, Quick Draw) has to go! Might possibly part with my Quick Draw if I find a good deal on a King Pin but even that would be tough as I like having one multi-player.

Next time you are in St Louis, drop me a note and come on over on play some pinball before you hit the road back north!

#8875 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

And then there's that fear factor - you're afraid if you sell one you'll regret it. The best solution like you're doing is to get a buddy that's into the same kind of games that you are, and each of you pursue different titles which gives you both a chance to play others

Right on both counts:

1) Always a fear factor and I've had some great titles that I liked, just not as much as the ones I kept (Abra Ca Dabra, Jacks Open, Royal Flush, etc.).

2) Kind of my backup plan in that if I find a "must have" or "can't pass up" game, I can park my Quick Draw at my friends house until I see what I want long term. I have a Gulfstream at a friends old auto shop/man cave.

#8876 9 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Yeah, I never know when I'm going to be down that way but I'd like to play a Nags - never have.

Nags is fun - really gets a lot of play at parties cause it's so unique and little kids love it. I don't play it all that much but my daughter LOVES it - probably going to her house someday!

#8878 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

you know how bad i want a really nice sing along... and the kod might as well come along to keep it company...

I think those are definite keepers. My KOD is not in fantastic shape but plays fantastic and it's kind of cool having a sample game.

KOD.jpgKOD.jpg

My Sing Along (most recent acquisition) is in really nice shape and plays nice as well. Interesting that two of my all-time favorites were produced only months apart.

Back Glass.jpgBack Glass.jpg

Playfield.jpgPlayfield.jpg

#8879 9 years ago

I've only played a few games on King Pin (really love the theme and back glass) but I owned a Jack in the Box prior to my Quick Draw.

I think QD is a more 'balanced' game with great top-to-bottom flow for a drop target game and the resetting horseshoe targets are genius.

JITB/JJ is more of a 'up and back' target game BUT the lower pop bumpers are super fun. I had mine jacked up with bridge-rectifiers which made for some hairy saves!

1 month later
#9673 9 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Playfield is pretty tired.

That's one of my favorite Wedgeheads but I don't think I've ever seen one with a nice/great play field. Must have been a combination of heavy play (it is a great game) + bad paint coverage.

#9727 9 years ago

I had one for a few years and of all the machines I've let go, it is the one I miss the most (more than Abra Ca Dabra, Jacks Open and others). Really a fun game with one of the best top-bottom "flows" of any EM. Certainly any early EM

2 weeks later
#10196 9 years ago
Quoted from leckmeck:

Reasonable price given the condition, restoration work, and the reproduction backglass from Shay.

Thanks - that's my game!

I have limited room and going to be picking up a Williams Pitch and Bat so something had to go. Keeping my 4 single player games.

Priced it so I basically break even. Probably down a little money in total but I didn't get into pinball to make money and most hobbies COST you a lot of money.

#10374 9 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

North Star-

been there awhile, might be able to move the price... bring it down a bit and add in the cost of fixing the repaint, and i'm surprised it hasn't gone yet... seems like everyone wants one of those...

I went and looked at this game a few months ago. Good backglass, cabinet repaint (not great but not horrible), needs a COMPLETE rebuild (all pop bumpers were cracked/broken, some playfield plastics broken in half, etc., underside looked pretty greasy). The apron was also flaking/rusted and there was some paint loss (flaking) near the top of the playfield. Coin door and plate were painted. Probably needed $250+ in parts

The rebuilding part wouldn't be so bad if the price were a lot lower, but I was also nervous about the paint condition. Ended up not making an offer.

1 month later
#11369 9 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

This looks kind of cool
orangecounty.craigslist.org link

I remember playing this a LOT at a small hobby shop in Royal Oak, Michigan called Tiny Tim's. A very fun game and loved the sound of the missile hitting the target. One of the first arcade games I remember with a sound track.

1 month later
#11701 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I called on the Sing A Long last night. Someone had already snagged it.

That is a steal

5 months later
#13645 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Jet Spin for $600 in St. Louis:
" target="_blank">stlouis.craigslist.org link

Went with my friend and picked up this Jet Spin. Guy bought it in 1979-80 from a route and been in his basement ever since. Only 48,000 plays! Probably the cleanest I've ever seen inside the cabinet. A little dirt on the play field, but it will clean up very nicely. I'll take some pics later.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone.

2 weeks later
#13756 8 years ago

Anyone lined up to get this El Dorado (if the ad is real):

Here's the ad in case it gets taken down: my mom has an old pinball she wants out of her basement by this weekend, 1st $200 gets it. I don't know anything about this machine, so please don't ask.

Hoov -

I sent an email early this morning, so far no reply. Not sure if it's real but certainly a good price if it is (and game is not a total wreck).

I haven't had anything to work on since I got the 'Pitch and Bat' from you so I'm ready for a project if it works out.

#13785 8 years ago

Looks like I missed out on the El Dorado when it was @ $200, 3 days later it looks like same game listed for $2,200!

Oh well. I just picked up this 1967 Bally World Cup (SOLD to me!).

I remember playing this once as a kid and it's a nice addition to my 4 pins and a pitch and bat game. Go pick it up tomorrow. It needs a little work but seems to be in very good condition overall. I'm excited!

1 month later
#14354 8 years ago

I love Heat Wave (surprise) think it it one of the best 2" flipper games with a critical plunger shot and great nudging opportunities.

Really like the Riverboat poker theme and artwork. Had a chance to buy one about a year ago and actually went and checked it out and played a few games. Liked the multiple ways to win with the 3-joker side shots, reminded me of 1950's games. In the end I felt it was too similar to Heat Wave to fit in my small collection (I would have had to get rid of another game).

Used to have a Teacher's Pet and still miss that game.

#14406 8 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Here is something that you do not see too often. Who likes multiplayer Ems?

Not a pinball, but my Bally World Cup Soccer is a fun head-to-head EM game. The little ball moves fast and and even more fun to play with 4 than it is with 2. Never played a Challenger but I'd like to try it.

Full_Game_v2_(resized).jpgFull_Game_v2_(resized).jpg

Lit_Field_(resized).jpgLit_Field_(resized).jpg

#14417 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Any pics of the "guts" of that game?

This thing is amazing....

- Large motor runs counter-rotating shafts at either end of the field.

- Individual player control 'stick' pushes or pulls a rubber road wheel against one of the shafts which spins the pulley system that each player's attached to

Inside_Game_(resized).jpgInside_Game_(resized).jpg

- 2-Piece player 'sled' results in player twisting (kicking) around a center axis when control stick is pushed down.

World_Cup_Player_Mechanism_v2_(resized).jpgWorld_Cup_Player_Mechanism_v2_(resized).jpg

Play is kind of frenetic but you can make some really nice goal kicks and good goalie play can really help you out. Game is adjustable from 2.5 to 5 minutes long.

4 months later
#15240 7 years ago

Sometimes you get lucky on Craigslist.....

Saw an ad this morning for a King of Diamonds - $100. Almost choked on my coffee and immediately sent the guy an e-mail.

The ad had been up about an hour, but I was the first e-mailer. Went and picked it up earlier this afternoon.

I have a KOD sample game, but this one has a much nicer back glass and and once I clean up the play field (looks like it hasn't been cleaned since it was on route but luckily the ball was clean), I think will also be a little nicer.

I had been on a streak of "just missing" games so nice to get a win even if it's just an upgrade vs. a new title I've been wanting. Will do a full shop out but probably not till the late summer or fall.

KOD_Back_Box_(resized).JPGKOD_Back_Box_(resized).JPG

#15266 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Looks real nice ....show us more pictures.
What a find.

Here is the playfield. Plenty dirty but I think it will clean up very nice. Looks to be no planking and the black lines around the inserts are hardly worn at all. Plus the plastics are a very vibrant green with no scratches or chips. Cabinet is pretty nice with a few of the usual gouges.

Playfield_(resized).JPGPlayfield_(resized).JPG

This should be a spectacular game when it's finished. I'm psyched, particularly for $100.

KOD_Back_Box_(resized).JPGKOD_Back_Box_(resized).JPG

#15273 7 years ago

That is beautiful. Never seen one in-person, but I've always loved that back glass and looks like a great player.

1 month later
#15525 7 years ago
Quoted from Chippewa-Pin:

Williams Hot Line - $700
Williams Heat Wave - $850
Gottlieb Sing Along - $1200

Those all look very nice. Never played Hot Line, but both Heat Wave and Sing Along are keepers in my small collection. Wish my Heat Wave was that clean.

1 year later
#16780 6 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Spin-A-Card - $150 OBO!?!

It's a good looking game and I would certainly pick it up for $150.

I had one before and while it was fun I thought it was one of the few Gottlieb games I've played that was a little "unbalanced": You very often ended the game missing just one or both of the Aces which are only made via the return lane which isn't really a 'shot' (and of course the spin-spot feature). I contrast this with games like King of Diamonds or Sing Along where you seemingly 'miss' the special by a different card or spot on each a game.

It does have great pop bumper action.

1 month later
#16933 6 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

Well...if it's for real, it's a deal! But I have a bad feeling it's a scam.

Abracadabra for $210?

I think it's a real game, but we will see about the process....

The guy lives about 15 minutes from me and I'm going to see it tomorrow. A little nervous because he said "there has been a lot of response for it, it might come down to a bidding war". I'll give him an offer based on condition but definitely not getting into a 'bidding war!'.

He also has a Midway Rifle Champ game for sale on Craigslist.

3 weeks later
#16978 6 years ago
Quoted from RonSS:

How is the game play itself?

I have a Gulfstream (replay version although you can set it to play like an add-a-ball). It's a fun game, not an all-time great but it has its strengths:

- Very fast for an EM
- Multiple ways to score extra balls
- The 'Four Corners' strategy (vs going for the traditional 3 in a row) adds some risk-reward and fun. Very cool to earn 3 extra balls (adjustable) for making the 4-corners.

The game looks pretty dirty but as long as the play field is OK and you don't mind cleaning it up, could be a good buy. I have my Gulfstream in the youth room at my Church and it's a big hit.

5 months later
#17196 5 years ago

Gottlieb Flip A Card in St Louis (mine).

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider heatwave.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=heatwave and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.