20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#12509 8 years ago

Wow...sorry to hear that about the fast draw. He wouldn't send you additional pictures before you went to pick it up, huh?

I was gonna go check it out but won't bother. I don't need a parts machine.

#12545 8 years ago

EMs are great. People whining about how they can't get games or it's "a rich mans hobby" need to drink a big glass of Shut the EM up.

#12615 8 years ago

Yes CT is an add-a-ball state, as was NY. As a result lots of great AAB pins around here. Seems like every single Dimension was in the NY/CT corridor.

#12643 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I just never hear much about CT.
Hey Levi, I beat my best score (119,000) on Dimension last night and scored 150,770. So, that's only rolling it over once and I'm just an average player.
What are some good scores on that game from you guys that grew up playing them. Did you have to wait a long time for some guys to get off the game to play it on location? We never had that problem since replay games were so short.

I don't remember my best exactly, but I believe it was around 250,000. I've played hundreds if not thousands of games of Dimension. Every machine is different...Clay likes to repeat the tale of his friend getting in the millions over the course of several hours but I believe hi power coils might have had something to do with that. I much prefer Dimension to 2001, which is really just pointless as a replay game at home.

I would love an Astro but they seem much harder to find than Dimension.

#12650 8 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

Astro I've seen only 2 in 4 years and at least a half dozen Dimensions . Both games have wide flippers you gotta nudge those babies to break 100K . My Astro needs a cabinet repaint the PF cleaned up nice, BG is an 8.5+ . Honestly it's a keeper game very fun to play. Too hot right now to sand and bondo , fall is a good time to paint.

I like Astro because it's one of very few (I believe - could be wrong) Gottliebs with both small flippers and inlanes. I think it's only this one, 4 square, and dimenson/2001. I like the small flippers with the added control of the inlanes. It's fun to do all your big flipper tricks on them - you can even post pass. 4square is a fun game but the art/theme and add-a-ball of Astro is far superior.

#12657 8 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

Bank-a-Ball/Flipper Pool also have in-lanes with 2" flippers....

Good trivia. That's 3 games. Any more?

#12663 8 years ago

Does the above game have a kicking rubber up top like Dimension?

#12691 8 years ago
Quoted from ibuypinballs:

North Star in New Jersey 1K.
newjersey.craigslist.org link

You guys wouldn't be paying a grand for that thing would you?

#12695 8 years ago
Quoted from Bigbarlo:

Far out $200
phoenix.craigslist.org link

sick deal

#12728 8 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

We starting a minty Spin a Card club? This title has the strongest spot in my memory bank for my early youth pinball experience. I played this one one on vacation at a local soda shop in middle Missouri when I was like 8 or 10 years old. Been looking for a decent example since I started collecting some 12 years ago. Had one already I got in a bulk deal but it was too much of a project, BG and PF trashed so I sold it. Really looking forward to getting this one back together.

I had a super shitty Hearts and Spades (the add a ball). I bought it for $200 from someone who literally found it in the garbage.

The backglass was actually super nice, the playfield and cab were rough. Still I got it playing nicely and cleaned it up and its in a new happy home now. The spin stepper was a mess...had a huge burn mark on one of the PCB traces so it wouldn't work. I found a parts unit and transplanted the disc and finally got it to work...so I learned something too.

#12758 8 years ago

Seems like these days you can't walk around the block without stepping into a Williams Full House.

2 weeks later
#12975 8 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I recently played El Toro at ReplayFX expecting it to be total crap... but I didn't hate it. Gameplay is a bit too simple and slow coming down those middle lanes, but the compact cabinet size and color scheme were kind of nice. I'd rather have it than Bronco/Mustang.

"it's kinda small...and I didn't hate it! And I'd rather have it than the absolute worst Gottlieb machine ever produced!"

Glowing endorsement!

1 week later
4 weeks later
#13392 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Yes, it is legit, and it's a long story. They've been offered this way for years. Don't get your hopes up.

Google him on rgp. He's an old school hoarder and I think most of his stuff is junk.

7 months later
#15140 7 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Royal Flush in NJ
cnj.craigslist.org link

If anybody buys this I have a very nice original backglass for sale in NYC for $100. The one in the CL ad looks pretty ratty.

2 weeks later
#15234 7 years ago

So who got the Wonderland in NJ?

Oh yeah, me!

Gotta gloat - it's pretty rare you win a battle in the CL wars when you have to rent a van and drive 2 hours. Super nice game from an old man who used to run an arcade on the Jersey shore back in the day. He said he stopped buying games when they went digital because he didn't want to work on them. His wife said the jackals were calling them all morning telling them they were selling it too cheap and she didn't give a shit lol.

I have two of these now, so I'll be selling the one I've already shopped out.

#15237 7 years ago

Long branch, near asbury. It was his primary gig for a long time. Couple must be in their 80s so it's probably been a while.

There's a 10 year old receipt from jersey jack for parts, he bought a bunch to restore the game but never finished it. Old man really knew his stuff! He put a Williams chime unit in the game because it was missing a bell, and he did the connector nicely so I didn't have to cut wires when removing head.

#15243 7 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Sometimes you get lucky on Craigslist.....
Saw an ad this morning for a King of Diamonds - $100. Almost choked on my coffee and immediately sent the guy an e-mail.
The ad had been up about an hour, but I was the first e-mailer. Went and picked it up earlier this afternoon.
I have a KOD sample game, but this one has a much nicer back glass and and once I clean up the play field (looks like it hasn't been cleaned since it was on route but luckily the ball was clean), I think will also be a little nicer.
I had been on a streak of "just missing" games so nice to get a win even if it's just an upgrade vs. a new title I've been wanting. Will do a full shop out but probably not till the late summer or fall.

Wow!

It's still possible to score on the old games. As bad as it is with people trying to scoop you it's still 30X worse on dmd stuff and the prices/stakes are higher. I still do ok on Cl for the older games. I usually don't even bother on dmd stuff unless it's in my neighborhood.

#15245 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

If it's a Williams short flipper game from the 60s, you know I do! Especially a cool looking multiplayer.
Backglass looks a little rough.

I've always wanted to like this game cause Mardi gras but it's pretty ugly and doesn't really capture carnival in New Orleans at all.

#15246 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

There's still ton of EM games here in New Jersey for the taking.

I actually saw that...lawman for $350, stuff like that. I'm busy and out of space so decided I wouldn't try To grab anything else. But people who like EMs are lucky, let's face it.

#15254 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Holy crap Levi! That's 3 now!?! Many of us would like to find one in our lifetime.

It's always been my goal to own all the Wonderlands!!!

Maybe the game is more common than I thought I always figured it was rare.

#15259 7 years ago

If I didn't already have a sheriff I would have picked that lawman up yesterday on my wonderland trip. How can people bitch about "a rich mans hobby" when deals
Like that just sit there?

Wonderland is one of the better playing woodrail games. It's very fast and playable, and even has a cool ruleset where completing certain sequences lights scoring awards. It's got a fun layout and has just the right amount of gobble holes (one!)

I'll get some video together at some point.

#15269 7 years ago

The wonderland and the old man who sold it to me. He insisted on doing most of the work taking it apart. Took forever but I wasn't gonna tell him he was too old to disassemble a pinball machine.

At least he let me do the heavy lifting.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#15271 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That looks like the worlds nicest Wonderland.

No doubt. The others all have wear from those powerful slingshots and the frog drinking the tea is always worn. It does have the usual concave inserts, the old man used nail polish to fill them in. I think it turned out ok. In the past I've used water thin super glue.

The lockdown bar and wood rails are gorgeous.

#15278 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballprowess:

Some of the best artwork ever on a game.
Stunning example with original cabinet paint, congratulations.

Thanks!

The cabinet is just ok, with lots of scratches and such. But the art is all there. Similar to the other wonderland games I've seen. They used pretty solid paint back then. Probably lots of lead holding it together.

#15291 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sandals, shorts, and t-shirt. That's me right now!

He was also smoking Marlboros in between removing the head and the legs. And there was an open can of bud on the work bench.

Pretty much one of my favorite pin pickups ever.

#15296 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After you loaded it up did he say "now get off my lawn"?

No. But he wrote down my license number and name just in case I passed him "funny money" lol. And I thought he was writing me a receipt!

As far as Sittin' Pretty...great looking game but shitty player in my opinion. Roto takes up WAY too much room and it's almost impossible to get the ball back up top where all the scoring is. I had a super nice one and was glad to sell it. The art and animated backglass are great though.

1 week later
#15320 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

operators did this to make older games look like newer games with the 5 digit scoring to try and squeeze out a little more profit before pulling games off route. It really did not happen that often. I was told by an old operator that it was to much work for to little profit

I've seen a few of these weird conversions. There was a Gottlieb "Now" on ebay years ago with an extra digit.

#15362 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Thinking of throwing this up on CL. What's it worth? Rebuilt target assemblies, new legs/levelers, flippers, sealed the somewhat flaking glass, full clean/wax/rubbers, no broken plastics, cabinet is good/average, playfield is nice. Fun game.

That's a really nice Big Shot!
Asking price of $800 on CL but frankly I think you are better off trying to sell it here, mrpinball, or a show. CL cheapskates won't want to pay you a fair price for it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider crazylevi.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=crazylevi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.