20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bronco-jon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#14140 8 years ago

Is this a good buy? post id: 5421197521
Tulsa, Oklahoma. Under collectables.
I need to figure out how to post the CL link

#14143 8 years ago

I didn't notice the front of the cab not having the coin door. Even being a Bally, does that mean the mechanicals of that machine are not the same as a "commercial"? (I'm new to pins and don't know what u call a machine built for paid game play). I have also noticed where some restorers are filling in the coin door cut-out.

#14148 8 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

That's a non-commercial home version machine, the same playfield layout as Bally's other home version
machines - Fireball, Galaxy and Evel Knievel, but with different artwork.
Smaller Cabinet size and made of particle board.....here's a picture of under playfield.....yikes!!
01616_hUimiFAgarP_600x450_(resized).jpg

I see now...That does look like some dime store syit right there

1 week later
#14217 8 years ago
Quoted from jasonp:

" target="_blank">atlanta.craigslist.org link
2 for 200.00 Tempting

Wished I was close by! I'd jump on those like a rat on a cheeto

2 weeks later
#14436 8 years ago

Is $300 a good deal on a 1972 Gottlieb Wild Life? Says everything works, great game and rates playfield condition 7-8 out of 10

#14438 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

This is O-din's favorite game.

Not sure if that means yes or no???? I found one on Oklahoma City CL. listed for $360.00 but said would take $300.

Just wondering if I should get it? I'm new to pinball and really don't know......You should, having 311 machines

#14443 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Was meant to be a joke at O-din's expense, since he just loves Tarzan in Speedos.
$300 is about the max to pay for most any Multiplayer from that era in (7.5/10) condition.
Not the funnest playing game, but OK for a first time E/M purchase,
though fairly certain you will upgrade to something else in a few months
once the EM bug hits.
I do like the fact that it has both a right side ball save gate and a left side kickback,
but not much else to shoot for other than the spinner up the middle
and the rollovers on either side back to the top.
The pop bumper center ring never gets as lively as one might hope.
Best thing that I can say about the game, is that since it is a 2 player, it is more fun to compete.

Quoted from CactusJack:

Tom pretty spot on with the Wild Life and that's a good price if the backglass isn't toast (most are pretty bad - if not flaking, usually faded).
It is, however, a good starter or kids game ( I know all my nieces and nephews loved it. They sold a ton because it was a good earner.
The local bowling alley wired the spinner to advance bonus an had the lower outlane posts on conservative which would open up the special lanes for back door shots which could award 2 replays!
Waxed and with fresh rubber, the 1000 point pop bumper action is fun too.
Again, a fun game. Just not deap at all.

Thanks guys, I have made arrangements to meet up with the owner to purchase it.

#14444 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

A fun game for kids is what i was thinking too.

Looks like you are missing this one in your collection...

#14445 8 years ago

Got it...it was in better shape than I thought it would be. coin door and head was locked and didn't come with key, but one of my other pin keys fit it. found what looks to be some original schematics, various cards etc. and a bag with a few rubbers and a receipt in it from 1991
I think it will clean up real nice

DSCF2307_(resized).JPGDSCF2307_(resized).JPG

DSCF2306_(resized).JPGDSCF2306_(resized).JPG

DSCF2305_(resized).JPGDSCF2305_(resized).JPG

DSCF2304_(resized).JPGDSCF2304_(resized).JPG

DSCF2303_(resized).JPGDSCF2303_(resized).JPG

#14448 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

You have to take your eyes off of Tarzan and focus on the voluptuous Jane!

Yeah, I see what the monkey is looking at too with his tongue hanging out...lol

#14450 8 years ago
Quoted from polyacanthus:

LOL that IS a fun backglass. I like the elephant's eyes.

Well! now that you mention that, looks like the rinossrous and the chipmunk have other things on their mind....should this be in the basement? lol

#14476 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Kings is still a work in progress as it must have got rode hard. The backglass is good, and thanks to a local artist that goes by the nickname of "The Brush" those jokers are back on the playfield where the weren't. But it's the only Kings in town.

DSCN4233_(resized).JPGDSCN4232_(resized).JPG

Quoted from pinwiztom:

Since you are the OP that started this topic thread, we give you some slack.

Those are some AWESOME machines and collection you guys have!

#14555 8 years ago

What happened to o-din?

2 weeks later
#14672 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Totally agree. Its actually the Pro Football that's rather overpriced.

What would the value of the Pro football be?

#14674 8 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Even though its a fun game and I personally like it, its not one of the more sought after Wedgeheads so they usually don't command much of a price. And that 4500 production run is actually about double what many games in that era received. They seem to come up for auction/sale a lot in recent months.
Its hard to tell from the photos (especially the condition of the metal - legs, coin door etc.). I am wondering about what went on with the top of the Header where it is discolored.
Pro Football backglasses are usually very bad. Either flaking or at least faded. This one has good colors and doesn't seem to have too much flaking but it does appear to be going behind the name (Pro Football) where there were usually flashers installed that would get stuck on and were very hot. Playfield seems okay but obviously needs a total shop job.
Based on what we can see in the photos, I think $250-$450 is more in line for a PF unless it were here in So Cal.

I see your user name pop up here and there here on pinside and it makes me think of a pinball arcade about 3 or 4 miles from where I live here in Oklahoma City called "Cactus Jack's Arcade", He's got a few of his older pins listed on CL for sale. looks like he is wanting more room for the more modern pins......I don't know him or have ever been to the arcade but I'm sure he's somewhere here on pinside.

3 months later
#15342 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Well, when you've got one right in front of you it does seem a little obvious.
Nice looking backglass eh?

I WANT ONE!

#15347 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

No. I hadn't even played it yet by the time it got here. Sometimes I just trust my instincts. Plus I knew it would probably be the only one I ever saw. Kind of like the next one...

I'm guessing finding one of these would be slim to none? ....I dig the old school dirt track racing theme....one of my passions

2 weeks later
#15434 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Then you wouldn't be interested in this one, would you.

NICE!

1 week later
#15475 7 years ago

Here's a really nice one I just got from craigslist. it has a flawless back glass and a playfield that's going to clean up nice.....I must say though, The name does not fit the game...."King Kool" There is really nothing cool about this game, very boring game play. being in nice condition is the only thing going for it in my opinion.

DSCF2576_(resized).JPGDSCF2576_(resized).JPG

DSCF2577_(resized).JPGDSCF2577_(resized).JPG

DSCF2580_(resized).JPGDSCF2580_(resized).JPG

DSCF2581_(resized).JPGDSCF2581_(resized).JPG

DSCF2582_(resized).JPGDSCF2582_(resized).JPG

#15478 7 years ago
Quoted from Otaku:

Everybody always says bad things about this game, I wanna try one one day. The art is really cool. I wonder if it would do well in a big collection.
Also, don't mean to rain on your parade of calling it flawless, but it looks like all the plastics (actually these might just be only yellowed, they used very light colors on the plastics on this game, fixable) and the backglass are badly sun-faded, just letting you know. Maybe you could find a replacement if it's a big deal to you.
Here's a non-faded glass, compare the "KING KOOL" text, the girl's shirt, and the guitars, let alone the rest:

Playfield looks really nice and un-faded though. Nonetheless, nice pickup! Should clean-up great.

I didn't realize it was faded until seeing the one you posted, I just thought that was the original color....I wasn't referring to the PL being flawless, I have PBR sending me all new guilds, bumper posts, pop bumper caps, bumper bodies, maylar rings for the bumpers and a new rubber kit from ebay. yes, I can tell the plastics are faded but are do-able......I am having trouble with the score reels sticking, I have taken all of them apart and cleaned them up real good, but some of them are still kinda sluggish....driving me crazy!

DSCF2586_(resized).JPGDSCF2586_(resized).JPG

#15497 7 years ago

These just popped up on CL today and thought since they were so close I would go take a look.....they both ended up in the back of my truck. I just got into pinballs barely over a year ago and have a lot to learn about them. this will be my first wood rail. The playfield is nice and all there but will need a backglass. I'm guessing one will have to be made for it? Any ideal what the cost of having one made would be?

DSCF2599_(resized).JPGDSCF2599_(resized).JPG

DSCF2598_(resized).JPGDSCF2598_(resized).JPG

DSCF2597_(resized).JPGDSCF2597_(resized).JPG

DSCF2596_(resized).JPGDSCF2596_(resized).JPG

DSCF2595_(resized).JPGDSCF2595_(resized).JPG

DSCF2594_(resized).JPGDSCF2594_(resized).JPG

#15514 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Maybe Mike can find you a suitable cabinet for your Star Jet. He seems to come across quite a few 60s Ballys lately. It wouldn't hurt to ask. Second games ship for next to nothing if you are already paying for one.

Speaking of cabinets, I could sure use a suitable Gottlieb Alien Star and a Gottlieb Touchdown cab and head for both machines.
surly somebody out there has a pinball salvage with these just waiting for a new home?

3 weeks later
#15607 7 years ago
Quoted from osudrummer:

Hey guys, does the Card Whiz on the OKC Craigslist look like a good deal? Not sure how to link but I asked him to send me additional pics. He said he just bought it 3 weeks ago from a guy in KS. Was told everything worked but from the description sounds like maintenance items needed to run right, maybe wanted something turnkey? The "When Lit" insert looks redone. Here is the link and extra pics he sent me.
oklahomacity.craigslist.org link

This SO Could Have/should have been sitting in my house by 6:30 pm yesterday evening (less than 10 minutes from my house) I came so close to calling and telling him I am on my way but had already made arrangements to meet up with a guy today on a Williams Time Warp which I did buy......I want to slap myself for not getting over there and buying it

#15620 7 years ago
Quoted from pookycade:

lynchburg.craigslist.org link
I put this up here not because I expect anyone to jump on the red-hot $1200 price. I put this up here because about 6 weeks back it was advertised for free (and I posted it then too). Apparently, adding new bands and a few bulbs constitutes a $1200 shop job. You know, I have no illusions that there is any altruism in this hobby, we sell what its worth, but its crap like this that just ticks me off. Good luck getting $1200 buddy.

Pretty clean machine for being almost 40 years old. I wouldn't pay that for it but I bet someone offers him a price he accepts....A few years ago I was given a 1986 Chevy truck, brought it home, put a battery and a fuel filter in it and sold it for a thousand dollars the same day.

#15640 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Speaking of impulse flipper games, I just received in the mail score reels for Struggle Buggies that I never thought I'd find as one of mine had the wrong fonts, but now they all match. Thank you Fred-Sanford!
These came out of a 1952 Chicago Coin Double Score shuffle alley and are basically identical. One year before Williams first put them in a pinball machine. Go figure...

Somewhere, somebody has another one of those hidden away somewhere and I want it!
Who done the backglass on that?

#15642 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

There might be one in Italy, and possibly one in South America. George M. did the artwork.

That's the OEM back glass?

By the way Shapeshifter, that's a very nifty Williams you have there.

#15646 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

From what I can tell that is the original 63 year old backglass. 10 years older than me. I doubt it's ever been reproduced. Just not enough of them out there to warrant the effort

That's a super nice looking bg from what I can tell! Something about that machine I love....I finally found me a wood rail racing theme pin, I got a quote from Steve Azzam at BGRESTO to have the BG restored. the way he explained it, it will be all new art work on a new piece of glass and will send the original back with the new one. I thought 225.00 plus 75.00 shipping was a good deal to have a new one made. have you seen his work in person? if so, what do you think about it?
....I have the original glass boxed and ready to ship, I left all the missing art work in the head

midget glass (resized).jpgmidget glass (resized).jpg

DSCF2670 (resized).JPGDSCF2670 (resized).JPG

#15648 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I have had a backglass from BGresto. As best I can tell the artwork was reproduced on some kind of inkjet paper and glued to the glass. Then some kind of flexible coating on the back of that. It looks great but the light has a hard time shining thru it.

I wonder if some super bright leds would help? Do you have someone else you would recommend doing it?

1 month later
#15835 7 years ago

Today started out a good day. got a response from my CL pinball wanted ad. everyone's heard the saying "it sounds to good to be true"
...that's what I thought when I got the call, but ended up at home with this in the back of my truck.
1934 Jennings Sportsman pay-out pinball/slot machine

DSCF2744 (resized).JPGDSCF2744 (resized).JPG

#15838 7 years ago

The playfield is pretty sweet too

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 24.98
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bronco-jon.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=bronco-jon and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.