20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#10472 9 years ago

Lisa

I just finished reading the last pages of this thread.

Unfortunately, there's no such thing as a perfect EM that will play forever without the need for an adjustment and looks brand new (unless you're fortunate enough to find a HUO model that was only played occasionally or you're simply very, very lucky). At the end of the day, they are 40+ year old machines that were played on locations on countless occasions. Even if every switch in the machine is cleaned (very tedious and time-intensive labor that very few people do), in the future, there is still a chance that one will suddenly stop making contact and cause an error (or something else may happen).

I can tell you that I have played Hit the Deck every day (no plastics installed to avoid any damage) since it was listed for sale and it has always worked perfectly. However, like I (and others on the thread) said, this does not mean that it will run forever without the need for an adjustment (as you found out, things can happen during the transit of shipping).

The following is my suggestion (before you decide to invest in another EM like my HtD):

The ad for ATLANTIS says that the machine was working "beautifully." Unless they were lying, the machine was working until a few days ago, so the problem is most likely a relatively simple one to solve. Like others suggested, have o-din (or someone else local) take a look at the machine for you. After you get it running and experience what it’s like to own/maintain an EM first-hand, I think that you will be in a better position to make a decision. Who knows, you may decide that owning an EM is not something you want.

Quoted from bellbrand:

Okay I am hooked I just spent over 2 hours playing EM's at PHOF and going back again today. I am ready to buy so someone sell me an EM.
List of ones I like thus far
Abra ca dabra
Sky jump (I passed on a nice one now regret it..
Neptune-totally kicked my butt fast and fun.
Atlantis kicked my butt still not completely sold on this one yet
Gottlied surfer
Spin out
Some others I forget I am going to take photos today so I remember the names.. Good times!!!

Quoted from o-din:

You should buy Robert's Hit The Deck before somebody else does. The last Gottlieb EMs are DC rectified and play very fast.

Quoted from bellbrand:

I know but whoa the price

Quoted from MikeO:

You should be able to find any of those 6 games you mentioned for less than $1000 for a very nice example, other than Atlantis maybe.

MikeO

Do you want to sell the HIT THE DECK that is listed in your collection for "less than $1000" or how much is your price for that machine? I suppose that you value NEPTUNE in the same level as HIT THE DECK.

Robert

1 year later
#15449 7 years ago

My Williams PADDOCK

ogden.craigslist.org link

Thanks for looking!

Robert

#15450 7 years ago

My Williams JIVE TIME

ogden.craigslist.org link

Thanks for looking!

Robert

1 year later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Cabinet - Other
The Pinball Scientist

$ 12.00
$ 24.98
Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigdaddy1.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=bigdaddy1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.