20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#17293 4 years ago

Anybody own this machine or played it and have an opinion?

Owner doesn’t want to accept less than the asking price.

louisville.craigslist.org link

#17297 4 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

My buddy has a real nice one in his collection of EM's with low plays on it. He put about 80 hours of work into it and has it playing like factory new. I played the game at his home a while ago and still remember how much I enjoyed the game play. I must have played 20 games in a round and finally beat real good.
I like the back glass animation where the ball gets kicked out. A steeper pitched game seems to play fast and furious and works well with the open type playfield design too.
If the game truly works 100% and has been shopped out to the point where the game play well, than $450 might be a decent price.
I don't like the wear on the playfield though and might think $350 or $400 would seem more fair. Not sure from the pictures what shape the cabinet and back glass is in either. Haven't seen that many Lucky Strikes for sale around lately.

Thanks for the input Vic. Good to know it’s fun to play. I did see the playfield wear but fortunately one of the few things I’m pretty good at doing on Ems is repaints and touch ups. It is time consuming though. I’m definitely a novice on the electrical and mechanical side so hopefully it doesn’t have any major issues with gameplay.

#17301 4 years ago

Kingpin would be my choice. I also wouldn’t mind having a Williams Triple Strike.

#17304 4 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Here's a deal!
providence.craigslist.org link

3 grand a only one picture from a distance.

I feel pretty good about this so I’m just gonna call and see if he’ll take my credit card over the phone.

#17308 4 years ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

Shoot, for $3000 I'll sell you mine.
No credit cards though, lol.[quoted image]

Ok. 4 grand cash then.

1 month later
#17310 4 years ago

Not usually a fan of backglass as ‘art’ but if I lived closer, this 1948 beauty would be on the wall in my game room. Especially for only $35.

stlouis.craigslist.org link

4 months later
#17325 3 years ago

I’d be interested in this pin if the price was reasonable. It’s a “make an offer” and a 5 hour one way trip for me.

Any opinions on this (German Version) Bally Firecracker? I can’t imagine there are many floating around the States.

images.craigslist.org link

#17327 3 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Is this the one that includes a picture of an advertisement of the same model game for sale for $5,000? If it is, the ad also indicates that the backglass is worth at least $400 and therefore, the playfield must be worth a lot more - so don't lowball me! A quick search for that game here on pinside indicates that the german version of this game was for sale on here not too long ago and was in the $400 to $500 range if I recall correctly.
Oh, and the Chicago based game (which I think is the one you're talking about) was also in a basement that had 4 inches of water. Not sure how long it sat in that water but definitely something to consider.

Thanks for the info. It is in Chicago and I’m posting the original link. I could see myself going up to $600 but after reading your post, I don’t think that’s going to satisfy the owner. I’ll pass then.

I’m really not sure why he mentioned his basement getting flooded, unless he’s just super honest but it wouldn’t bother me unless, like you said it sat for a long while and I could always get pics of the underside of the cabinet. I’ve had my basement flood twice due to living in a low area but it never came more that 10” up the legs and I got it all pumped out within 24 hours.

I guess the rarity of the game, the nice playfield and the firecracker effect when you land in the saucer grabbed me.

chicago.craigslist.org link

#17329 3 years ago
Quoted from egyptrus:

Oh gosh, don't let me talk you out of it...Typically, when a seller links a post or picture showing some ridiculous price it generally indicates that they think their game is worth something close to that. It can't hurt to make an offer and cite a few examples of your own of a more realistic price for the game. No way to know how many "German" versions were made but to be honest, that doesn't add any value to me. According to the IPDB they made 2,800 games in total, which to me doesn't put it in "rare" territory.
Give it a shot and see what happens. Never hurts to let them know you're interested and give them your contact information. If he changes his mind in the future he can contact you.
Dave

You didn’t talk me ought of it. I just figured if he thought the backglass is worth $400, he’d probably want $1000 or more for the machine. I offered him as much as $700 for it and have never heard back.

If it were a 30 minute drive I’d probably go up to $800 but Chicago is 5 hours away. Seems like on Craigslist, if an EM machine is reasonably priced, it doesn’t last 24 hours.

#17333 3 years ago
Quoted from Ballypin:

Ha. I offered 500 so I’m definitely not getting a reply. Still waiting for a non-blown out English version to pop up.

Did you email him (I did) or text? I’m wondering if he just doesn’t check his email? I just had a job canceled on me, so I’m out of the running on this one. Good Luck.

1 month later
#17339 3 years ago
Quoted from Ace24:

A nice working Flipper Clown for $780. That seems like a good deal. What is Flipper Clown worth these days?
cleveland.craigslist.org link[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Beautiful game. Not sure of the value but it seems like a fair price to me. I bought my Fast Draw last February from a guy in Barberton OH. (A 9 hour round trip) Was that you? Ha.

#17340 3 years ago

Here’s a machine that a lot of Pinsiders rave about. The $550 price seems pretty fair although it’s hard to tell too much about the backglass from the pictures but from what you can see, the playfield and cabinet look pretty good. It might also have more issues but I’d take the 2 hour drive to find out.

evansville.craigslist.org link

#17345 3 years ago
Quoted from Ace24:

Hey Sea_Wolf! That was me!

I thought it was. The Fast Draw has been a blast and turned into my favorite machine. Glad I bought it. Hope all is well.
Danny

1 week later
#17351 3 years ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

This and the Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man have been listed for months, on CL and Ebay. I wondered why Heat Wave has lasted so long since it seems to be a popular title. Paint pattern being incorrect seems like a minor complaint since it looks decent and it's not a crazy high price.

Agree. Offers on machines like that don’t usually last long on Craigslist.

2 months later
#17364 3 years ago

What to make of this? Same Aladdin’s Castle Machine, same picture. One at an estate sale in Glencoe Illinois and one for free in a 3rd floor apartment in Niles near Chicago. Serial killer in the apartment?

#17366 3 years ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I'm guessing they will ask for a deposit to hold it for you and rip you off, but either way, yeah that's sketchy.

That would make sense. Bait you with the “Free” offer and then ask for a deposit for a machine they obviously don’t have.

4 months later
#17367 3 years ago

I’m posting this for the 16 Pinsiders that have this on their wishlist.

cincinnati.craigslist.org link

#17370 3 years ago

At least I tried☹️.

I knew I should have posted flashing lights.

#17374 3 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

LOL what was it?

Zaccaria Aerobatics non working for $300

3 weeks later
#17376 3 years ago

A pretty good deal if it’s legit and still there or more aggravation.

cincinnati.craigslist.org link

3 months later
#17385 2 years ago

Anybody out there that can comment on this machine? I had a chance to buy this machine 2 years ago but I hesitated to pay the $850 asking price. He states that he put it in storage and now it’s only $550.

I just missed and he has someone picking it up tonight but I’m next in line I guess if the sale falls through. Looks like it would be pretty in a lineup. Thanks.

louisville.craigslist.org link

2 months later
#17397 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

Interesting description philadelphia.craigslist.org link

I’ll give the seller some props. He bravely recommends try before you buy at $850. That’s a sure deal killer for this snooze-fest, unless you just want to look at it.

As Eugene Levy the car salesman in ‘Vacation’ told Clark Griswold “you think you hate it now but wait till you drive it”.

#17399 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

I think the seller increased the price from 750 to 850. Maybe
It's a good way to market a game today.

Ha. I think there’s some truth to that. A recent seller on eBay relisted a 60s EM for $1050 that didn’t sell for $900.

Of course, It didn’t sell then either but that must have been the same thinking process.

#17400 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

I think the seller increased the price from 750 to 850. Maybe
It's a good way to market a game today.

Here’s an example of that thinking on eBay.

This machine has been listed multiple times for $500 with no takers, so the seller now has it for sale for $700. Sounds much better I guess.

ebay.com link: 4 Square Pinball Machine

#17402 2 years ago
Quoted from tfduda:

And this time comes with a threat: "I will be parting it out if it doesn't sell this time around."

Got a laugh out of this. Also said they relisted it (for $700) after having a non-paying bidder for $500. WTH?

#17427 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

If your local glass places are crazy high (mine were), you can get a piece from here...
https://www.onedayglass.com/
Cost me $75.93 shipped for Jolly Ride. I called a couple local places and they were all over well over $100 and about the same amount of time.

I just bought 2 tempered playfield glass pieces from a local glass shop and they were $55 apiece. They went up in price from $46 a year ago.

Must just be a location thing.

#17436 2 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

Both tempered and plate glass have doubled in price in my area. Been waiting a month for a tempered glass. Used to take about two weeks.

I’m lucky I guess. I’m supposed to get them in 10 days but we’ll see.

1 year later
#17442 6 months ago

Desert mule not included.

ebay.com link: itm

#17443 6 months ago

Sorry I thought I posted it on the eBay thread but it’s available anyway

1 month later
#17450 5 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

And that Adler Billiards label must be really old. If you look at the phone number. Although there still is such a place in a different location.[quoted image]

I still remember our phone number when I was a kid in 1969-70. On our rotary phone it said TWinbrook-55945.

40 year olds today…”what’s a rotary phone?”

1 month later
#17456 4 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Well there’s a heckuva early bird special for ya… (Falls Church, VA):
https://www.facebook.com/share/Um8uF7NQ8eUunC3T/?mibextid=79PoIi
[quoted image]

Wow. Bet they’re in someone’s van leaving there now.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
The Pinball Scientist

$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 24.98
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Sea_Wolf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=Sea_Wolf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.