20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider I_P_D_B.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6353 9 years ago
Quoted from PhilC:

I bet this is a sample game, check out the North Star sample glass on IPDB:
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=1683&picno=52589

Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Possibly. I can't tell from the ad pics I cached. The game did sell, but I don't know who got it.

I concur, Sample version of Diamond Jack. I am looking at a black-and-white copy of the Gottlieb flyer and it shows the black box around Game Over. Too bad I missed the CL before it expired or I would have asked for permission to show pics. if anyone re-finds that game and thinks of it, please go to IPDB and wake me up.

Thanks,

Jay

#6355 9 years ago

I have captured both bg and pf pictures to store offline for now. Thx.

6 months later
#9373 9 years ago
Quoted from textrivers:

Williams Aces & Kings at the end of Long Island, $300:
longisland.craigslist.org link

Weird thing about this one -- the backglass art doesn't match what's on IPDB, EXCEPT that it does match the "Key Line" art. See explanation in the IPDB listing and see also this image. Could be early production version of the art?

Quoted from leckmeck:

My hunch is it's custom artwork, probably made by a previous owner to repair a backglass that lost too much ink. The artwork looks like it was inspired by Pop-A-Card / Drop-A-Card.

My other hunch is it probably looks reeeeeeally ugly up-close, like this gem.

Morison Envy.jpg 74 KB

Well, this sure was fun trying to figure out why this 'Aces & Kings' glass exists! I contacted the seller, a nice guy, who sent me plenty of hi-res pictures for Duncan Brown and me to examine. The seller cheerfully climbed up and down the basement stairs repeatedly every time I needed another picture or two, and joked that his wife was beginning to wonder if he had a girlfriend in his basement. I told him to tell her that all that is down there are Aces and Kings but that she was the only Queen in the house.

He said he has had this game for at least 35 years (and agreed to let me instead say he got the game "by 1980", a more useful time point). That eliminated 35 years worth of possibility that a latter-day hobbyist cobbled the glass together. He has since added more pictures to his CL ad and I have updated the IPDB listing with many pictures and two long paragraphs in the Notes section:

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=11

Thank you, textrivers, for posting this glass in pinside in the first place. Thank you, leckmeck, for pointing out the Drop-A-Card and Pop-A-Card comparison. That was unexpected and added much to the fun research. And a big thank you to DennisDodel for seeing their posts and privately emailing me to tell me about it, otherwise I would not have known about it at all, as unfortunately I am unable to frequent this nice (and huge) site.

Jay

P.S. If anyone sees a pinball machine, backglass, or alternate cabinet art that you wonder could be of historical interest, or is a game for which we have no pictures or few pictures, we would like to hear from you. If you saw the game online, email me only the URL, not the pictures. If the pictures are temporary, such as an ad or auction site, please put "ebay" or "craigslist" in the subject line of the email along with the game name. This will alert me to the time sensitivity so I can jump on it ahead of other things. I am at jay-at-ipdb-dot-org. If you are the photographer of the pictures, as always please submit them to us using our site interface, which is the link [Submit Changes] found in each game listing.

#9377 9 years ago
Quoted from practicalsteve:

I didn't realize IPDB was on here. Thank you for all of your hard work and all that you do!

You're welcome. Glad you enjoy the site. Yeah, I tell myself I should change my user name to 'Sasquatch' as that is how rare it is to see me here. LOL.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider I_P_D_B.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=I_P_D_B and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.