20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

782 posts in this topic match your search for posts by AlexF. You are on page 1 of 4.
#36 11 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

Here's another one local to me Stevefury and it's even more rare.
boise.craigslist.org link
At least this guy is ready to barter.
Ken

Cool, I dig Hula Hula. Everyone associates Roy Parker with Gottlieb but he actually did the art for Chicago Coin's Hula Hula before Paradise and Pleasure Isle. I'd be happy to add any of them to my collection.
Alex

1 week later
#66 11 years ago
Quoted from HELLODEADCITY:

the '67 touchdown looks real bright -great color

I've got the AAB version (Kickoff) and love it.
Alex

2 weeks later
#94 11 years ago

The one buried with just the side of the head showing is Lost World I believe.

I saw this ad a couple days ago. Based on the ads wording and the way he has them stored I agree with Pafasa. I suspect this guy could be a challenge to deal with. I hate the price guessing game. If you're interested I would just contact him and see if you can get him to throw a number out. Then at least you know if it's something you can work with.
Alex

1 week later
#110 11 years ago

Grand Prix is a fun game. These are the kind of projects I love to pick up. Not really restore it but clean it up, get it playing good and just enjoy it for awhile. When you get bored with it or find something else interesting sell it for a small profit and on to the next one.
Alex

3 weeks later
#146 11 years ago

Pirate Gold...blech. It's probably a $250-$300 game perfect and working. This ones all hacked up and even uglier than the original. Maybe $100.
Alex

1 month later
#181 10 years ago

Holy crap, I live in Edgerton. Looks nice but the cabinet looks to have been repainted.
Alex

#183 10 years ago

I know who this is now. There are surprisingly a few collectors in my small town. Including myself I know of 5 and our town is only 5400 people. This guy was pretty heavy into it for awhile but I think he got frustrated trying to keep them maintained. Not a guy that likes to do it himself.

My friend has a 300 (4 player version) and I like the game. It's fun and different from anything else I own. I don't think $600 is too bad for this Top Score. My dilemma is I'm at a one in one out policy now. It would be nice to have a later multi-player EM again. As much as I like it though, Top Score wouldn't be one I'd sacrifice a current machine for. I have my eye on a couple others and am really struggling with the sacrifice to make it happen part. Space and money are always my biggest setbacks. Or maybe they just keep me in check.
Alex

#186 10 years ago

Yes! Time too. I told myself over the Winter as soon as it got warm I was going to start working on a bunch of my projects. So far it seems like there has been nothing but distractions to keep that from happening. It's hard to initiate a conversation with the wife to convince her I need to buy another machine when you can barely walk through my gameroom. Pitch and bat all tore apart and random parts everywhere. This hobby is a sickness though. You always thirst for one more.

I did get a little break though. I was going to add a link to this post for a decent Williams Big Strike for sale by Milwaukee. I've always liked that game and it being available nearby at a fair price was almost tortuous. I was actually relieved this morning to see the ad had been deleted.
Alex

#190 10 years ago

I like it. My Jungle has that same funky mid-century modern cabinet. It looks great next to my 1960 Serenade. Designed months apart but such a contrast. One wood rail with reel scoring and one with the crazy mod cabinet and light scoring. Williams made 10 with that design in 1960-1961. Rob Berk (Pinball Expo co-founder) has all of them.
Black Jack
Bo Bo
Caravelle
Darts
Highways
Holly wood
Jungle
Magic Clock
Music Man
Viking

Alex

3 weeks later
#237 10 years ago

Bally Freedom.
Alex

1 week later
#256 10 years ago

Many have argued that the Space Lab production is higher than 30. It's a game that seems to pop up for sale far too often for it to be that low. I would agree that it looks pretty boring but many seem to enjoy it.
Alex

3 weeks later
#299 10 years ago

I'm generally not a big fan of re-themes. This one is just screaming for it. What else would you do with it? Nice price either way.
rockford.craigslist.org link
Alex

1 month later
#399 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

When I first started this thread, this is what I had in mind.I saw this one on CL this morning, E-mailed the guy, and he called me back this afternoon and told me I was the first responder. I got to his house and I didn't hesitate- I played his Mars Trek! So, I just unloaded a German Fireball. You don't see those very often around here. This one looks like it never got on the boat!

Wait, what? I am confused. You picked up a second Fireball?
Alex

#403 10 years ago

Wow, that is cool. And being the German version is extra neat. I remember playing a really clean German 4 Million BC at my first Pinball Expo. I wonder if some like you say never left the states.
Alex

1 week later
#436 10 years ago

So weird that Steve McQueen was in that flick.
Alex

#438 10 years ago

I know now but I cheated. I had to look it up. Just as strange and unexpected for sure.
Alex

#440 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I thought you might be able to tell by the eyes. Everyone starts somewhere.

This was before the crows feet and Hugo Montenegro soundtrack.
Alex

#482 10 years ago

I'd love a $250 Williams Soccer. Fun game.
Alex

#542 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

and the seller responded... bg is peeling in the expected spots... pf is worn down to the wood in big spots in several places... plastics look ok, but pop bumper caps are shot (steve has the pops, i believe)... siderails look a bit rusty, which makes me wonder what the guts look like...

Yeah, it may never be the pride of the fleet. I'd offer $200, clean it up, play the hell out of it for awhile and then sell it (hopefully for a small profit). But then I always liked this one. Williams may not get the love that Gottlieb does but they had a lot of interesting games in the 60s.
Alex

#546 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

it would be about a 6 hour round trip (barring traffic woes that could turn it into a 16 hour round trip...

Yikes, these days I really have to want a game to consider a 6 hour round trip and there are very few I'd consider for a potential 16 hour trip. My longest was 13 hour round trip and that one turned into an interesting but comical adventure (in retrospect).
Alex

#646 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

chicago.craigslist.org link
$200 Sunshine woodrail would be a great parts machine or find the parts you need

This one piqued my interest as well. It looks very restorable. My wife even gave me the green light even though I am overflowing my current space. An hour and a half away through construction and tolls combined with no room left is my deterrent. Hope a pinsider snags it. Odin you wanted a Sunshine. Call 'em up!
Alex

#649 10 years ago

There has to be a ton of Pinsiders/RGp guys down in that area. I'm surprised it lasted as long as it did. Congrats.
Alex

1 week later
#807 10 years ago

Is that your spare. Will you throw in a couple avocados?
Alex

#861 10 years ago

It is cool. And it's so unique, at least to anything I own. At $400 it's almost worth shipping it. But then your dealing on Craigslist and anything can go awry.
Alex

#863 10 years ago

Yes, Racquel is also an undeniable classic.
Alex

#866 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

the temptation is strong...
especially if i could get a royal flush straight up for it...

Go get that sucker. You could use a nice Bally in your collection.
Alex

#876 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Go for it! But... I wouldn't pay $400.

Here's the thing, according to Boston Pinballs website 4 Million BC averages for around $1100. You could play it for awhile and easily double your money.

Royal Flush is also a great game but they made a ton of them. It averages for $658. If you want one, it will turn up again at a nice price eventually. You'll be lucky to see another 4 Million Bc for under $1000.

Alex

#896 10 years ago

I have a friend that has a Pro Football buried in storage. It looks interesting and I could probably talk him out of it fairly easily. So you like it?

#905 10 years ago

What are the other two? I didn't see them mentioned in the ad.

#910 10 years ago

What no drop targets no love? I think it looks fun. I have a potential lead on one a lot closer and cheaper.

#915 10 years ago

Good info, I appreciate the input. Space ran out a long time ago unfortunately... but yeah I think it would be a fun one to have around for awhile. We'll see what happens.

#933 10 years ago

Dang 4 Million BC on the Right, Sinbad Em on the left. Here I am stuck in the middle again.
Alex

#934 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

kickin it REAL old school... 1932 whizz-bang - $1000...
southjersey.craigslist.org link
when i went to pick up the drain board the other day, the guy had an "airway"... i had never actually seen one of these types of machines in working condition before, it was WAY cool... i'd love to have one of these things, just for the historical value...
airway: http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=37

I would also love one of these. It be a neat variation to the collection and historically interesting. I used to see 1930s games all the time in the $200 range and I thought eventually I'd grab one. Eventually they just quit showing up.
Alex

#939 10 years ago

Got one of the older ones. Fun game and never have to replace a coil.

#948 10 years ago

Here's my US Marshal. Needs a gun rebuild but still plays ok.

USMarshal.jpgUSMarshal.jpg

#951 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

complete with period piece barrel...

Well, it's actually an old wine barrel, but does kind of have that powder keg look...

#964 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Alex,
BTW, you had asked if I had a spare gun. I just checked all three of them this past week and only one shoots but is out of adjustment and may have to be re-built. The other two don't shoot and are locked up - will have to be rebuilt also. Did you ever get a rebuild quote?
Dave

Hi Dave,
The one I have shoots but is inconsistent. I have had it for a long time and have always been on the fence on how to correct it. Crow River sells new and used guns but they are not cheap. They also sell the parts needed to rebuild them. I am not sure about the other place. Do you have some contact info?
Thanks,
Alex

#1008 10 years ago

It's no EM Joker Poker but it's still pretty cool. Hard to really call it rare with 950 units combined with 730 Eye of the Tigers but still a great layout from the transition period. If it was within driving distance I'd grab it.
Alex

#1010 10 years ago

Sinbad was probably the favorite drop target game I've owned but being SS I cut mine loose. I understand the EM version doesn't have as good a ruleset but I think it balances out just by being EM.
Alex

#1034 10 years ago

Webbing seems to make or break a cab repaint and far too often it's web crazy like that. Detracts from what is probably an otherwise very nice machine.
Alex

#1079 10 years ago

Dang, smoking deal.

#1080 10 years ago

Shay has the back glass. http://shayarcadegroup.com

#1082 10 years ago

Flipper retrofit on that one.

#1093 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

....We all know how this ends.

Yeah it doesn't...

#1094 10 years ago

It's fun to see all the neat machines and deals in other parts of the country. Makes me sweat a little when they get posted that are close to home. I always go through that internal dialogue. I should go get that. Yeah, but I don't need it. But it's such a cool game at a good price. Yeah, but I'd have to sell one of mine to make room. Maybe I could store one for awhile... then it's gone and I'm more relieved than disappointed.

#1096 10 years ago

Yeah, it's scary in there.

#1099 10 years ago

This one has been listed for quite awhile and I am a bit surprised someone hasn't grabbed it yet. Cab repaint doesn't look quite right but otherwise a nice deal on an old Gottlieb wood rail. Six flippered fun!

#1104 10 years ago

Central Park has one of the coolest backglass animations ever. Hoping you get it.
Alex

#1110 10 years ago

What!? You have two Solar City?

#1112 10 years ago

Well, with your EM appetite it's always nice to have some trade bait.

#1114 10 years ago

Sometimes it works that way. I love it when you can buy two and end up with one free or close to it.

#1211 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

1970 williams 4 aces pinball machine - $350 (macomb twp)
detroit.craigslist.org link <more pics

My first machine. I know it isn't the most appealing with the hippy them but it actually had some cool features. The "spinny thing" of course, center ball eject (like Pro Football), light the cards in the backglass and playfield magnets. How many Ems have magnets!? It was my first so I had no clue how uniquely weird it was. I sort of miss it but my wife hated it. She never plays but always has an opinion on the art.

#1214 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

even though i still think it looks like the mutant love child of a pitch and bat/pin...

Your not far off with that lock down bar and top bank of targets. It was quirky but I like that.

#1259 10 years ago

Saw that one. I must confess I'm tempted. A couple hours away and it would be my 3rd Klondike. There is a Pinsider in Viroqua that collects Ems. I'd be surprised if he doesn't grab it.

#1274 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

for a buck seventy five, i can see why you'd be tempted... even if it was a total rat, it probably could be parted out* at a profit if it turned out to be "beyond fixable"...
* i know that's not a practice any of us endorse, just using it to make a point...

There is no question it's a great price. If it wasn't close to 4 hours of driving for a game that I have already owned twice I'd be more determined. I think I'm getting old. There was a time when I would have left early for work to go get it.

I won't really have the free time until Sunday. I am guessing it will be somebody's new project by then.

#1293 10 years ago

In my experience home owners rarely get the year correct. My guess is Star Explorer home model.

#1303 10 years ago

You guys are too kind.

#1346 10 years ago

Just saw these beauties on Craigslist. Not pinball but should make you smile. All I can think of is Cousin Eddie...
madison.craigslist.org link

#1349 10 years ago

I like Prospector. Considering how blown out that Eight Ball Deluxe looks it's probably not cheap.

#1354 10 years ago

Looks like Prospector averages $524 on Ebay. http://bostonpinball.biz/ebay0513.htm

Backglasses and playfields are almost always very nice on Sonic games. It's the particle board cabinet that would be a determining factor.

#1392 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

pitch and bat!!
big hit - $500 - dracut (ma)
boston.craigslist.org link

Multi pitch, 2 player and homerun ramps. If this game had a mechanical running man unit it would have it all.

#1395 10 years ago

Sharpshooter. SS but still fun.

#1409 10 years ago

Congrats on the Big Shot. It may be a different set up but a had a similar drop target reset issue on a Gold Strike I owned. If I remember there were two coils used to reset the large bank. Each had it's own fuse and one was blown on mine causing the problem. Just spitballing as your configuration may be entirely different.
Alex

#1438 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

I wouldn't mind trying it to judge game play myself.

Good call. I used to let gameplay reviews and opinions influence my game purchases. After awhile I learned it is often very subjective and had some disappointments and pleasant surprises along the way.

#1483 10 years ago

Looks like an interesting game. I'm not usually a big fan of slot kickers but the placement between the flippers is pretty neat. The red repaint looks limited to the front of the game. Should make it fairly easy to correct.

1 week later
#1608 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Gottlieb Universe... Wrong cabinet and back box.... Hmmm... Should be a woodie...
cnj.craigslist.org link

I've seen these weird woodrail "upgrades" before. My guess is operators tried to make their games look more modern. You can't beat the beauty of a woodrail but I have to admit it actually looks pretty cool.

#1610 10 years ago

I'm not entirely sure. The playfield would share the same dimensions. The glass is likely the same as well. The lightboard may require some modification. I believe the coin door and components are the same or very similar between late woodies and early wedge heads.

#1670 10 years ago

I'd like a Pop-A-Card. Not crazy about the art but I like the drops with 2" flippers.

#1692 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

I miss my Klondike!

Me too.

#1694 10 years ago

I believe that is another multi-ball game. Other than Williams Beat the Clock, Ballys are your goto for em multi-ball!

#1696 10 years ago

Well, yeah I suppose that works too.

#1813 10 years ago

We'd know this if you added your collection to your profile.

#1815 10 years ago

I hear you. It's just fun sometimes to peek at a collection on the fly.

#1828 10 years ago

Here's one where bad photos may add to the allure. It's really giving that 70s effect.

#1862 10 years ago

Dang, almost 5 hours away. Somebody go get this.

kokomo.craigslist.org link

#1864 10 years ago

Tempting for sure. I've never arrived at a sellers house to discover they had sold a game while I was on the way. That's always my fear with a game this cheap and that far.

#1916 10 years ago

Nothing wrong with any of those Gottlieb multi-player titles. However if your focusing on Gottlieb, single players are generally more desired for their deeper rulesets and feature carry over from ball to ball. This would make them likely qualify more often as potential keepers among Em collectors.

#1923 10 years ago

I believe Spin-A-Card and the AAB Hearts and Spades are it. Fun game, crazy price.

#1947 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Check out the paint on this ride..............
kansascity.craigslist.org link

That is an interesting repaint. Ties in nicely with the theme and thoughtfully implemented. It would almost be a shame to remove it...almost.

#1955 10 years ago

Yeah, what happened to Chris? I miss that guy.

#1957 10 years ago

Ha, I don't know what the hell that is from but it made me laugh.

#1960 10 years ago

Ah, the toy you buy your kid if their torn between being a make-up artist or a ventriloquist.

#1961 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Anyone PM him? Maybe he's taking a break from the shenanigans?

Just did...

#1971 10 years ago

Looks like it might be a pretty nice game if you can get the nicotine cleaned off. But yeah, $3,200? Yikes.

#1978 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

I tend to get attached to the short flipper EMs more. Every long flipper EM I ever had, I sold.

That's exactly what my experience was too. Sold Gold Strike, Lucky Hand, Quick Draw, etc. Now I'm kind of itching for another drop target game but I think I'd prefer one with 2" flippers. I know there is Pop-A-Card/Drop-A-Card, Dimension/2001. Are there any other Gottlieb 2" flipper games with drops.

#1983 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Other than one of the baseball games I can't think of any others with just 2" flippers. Maybe someone else can chime in.

Is there a Baseball game with drops besides Big Hit. I do like Big Hit. I'd take one but for the sake of argument it has 3" flippers.

Quoted from hoov:

I like both the 2" and the 3" flipper games - you guys sell me all the 3" you don't want )

I am not completely opposed to 3" flipper games it just sort of worked out that my current keepers ended up being all 2".

#1990 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Alex, if you figure out what 2" flipper games you are looking for let me know - maybe we can meet halfway with a trade deal. I could always use these games because I don't have room in my collection for them but I like them - Jumping Jack or Jack in the Box, King Pin, Surf Champ or Surfer , Jungle Queen or Jungle Princess, Quick Draw (I have Fast Draw but the 2-player bg is better), Captain Card - had a High Hand but drops didn't reset - the problem with this game is you have to wait for each bonus countdown - takes away the continuity, Rack a Ball, Spin a Card, just to name a few.
I just traded a 2001 recently.
Dave

I've been kicking myself for not buying your Gypsy Queen when I had the chance. I shouldn't have let the long drive deter me. I really want a Slick Chick! Just kidding, awesome game but on too many want lists already.

Ah, nice to see an AAB in your want list.

#1993 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Alex,
Did I tell you that Gypsy Queen went to David Silverman of the National Pinball Museum. As you know he's had a tough time when it comes to locations where he's had his games. Here's a link about it: http://www.performancepinball.com/1/post/2013/08/national-pinball-museum-bounced-again.html#.UnGiKXC-qK4

I sold him an old Genco game with a conversion glass many years ago. I wonder if it's still in his collection? Hopefully he can work out a new location. He is certainly passionate about pinball.

#2002 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

The artwork is what makes this game worth more than some of other games of this era because it doesn't have backglass animation.

Agreed the artwork is so cool. I always thought it was Stenholm's masterpiece. Now I understand it may not have been Stenholm at all.

#2003 10 years ago

Odin's Big Daddy is super nice. A game you don't see too often and this one is an amazingly clean example.

#2026 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Yeah. Me, myself and I. And when my daughter comes up, she will walk right by it and not even notice. But she ought to, It's her inheritance.

A couple weeks ago we had some people over and I finally utilized my old Sun Drop machine. People had bottles of soda in their hands when my 13 year old arrived home from a friends house. She looks around and asks me where the soda is. I said in the pop machine. She says we have a pop machine? So I had to take her down to the game room to show her the machine that had been there for more than 5 years. I thought this was funny and the next day I asked her to name two of my pinball machines. She says hmm, Klondike and uh..... I remember Rocky & Bullwinkle. I don't own either of those anymore.

#2028 10 years ago

Ha, "pop" is sort of a regional term isn't it?

#2070 10 years ago

This guy has some of these titles listed on Mr. Pinball with prices.

#2076 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

That is quite a find ^^ some reverse wedgeheads too. I even see a e......

Eye of the Tiger? Yeah, I know. Drool. $1800.

#2084 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

She's got the Jack.

She left it on your Magic Clock shelf?

128165-i.jpg128165-i.jpg
#2091 10 years ago

Ooh custom. I like it better than the shelf paper you usually see.

#2132 10 years ago

That would keep the squirrels away from your avocados.

#2168 10 years ago

I like Gold Rush. Probably not the greatest player ever but it has great art and the saucer between the flips is cool. It launches ball in the bagatelle. If the price was right it would be fun to have around for awhile.

#2169 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

No return lanes = meh 95% of the time.

I don't know, that's every game produced before Bank-A-Ball in 1965. Not for everyone but there is a ton of good stuff without return lanes.

#2219 10 years ago

You know I'm not generally a fan of repaints...
Alex

#2221 10 years ago

I saw those. Both look good but to far North for me. Where is that guy that got the Astro, Doodle Bug combo.

#2224 10 years ago

He had a King of Diamonds and a Sinbad too. If the Drop a Card was local I'd probably buy it. Sounds a bit blown out for a long distance pick-up though.

#2226 10 years ago

Ugh, your not helping. It does sound interesting. And the multi pricing is attractive. I'm not opposed to project or a players machine for the right price. Still 8 hrs on the road and I'll be going the opposite direction to the Chicagoland show this weekend.

#2230 10 years ago

Wow, nice price. I had one once. Supposedly a fairly fun game. The steppers used plastic material instead of bakelite. One of mine had a hole burnt through it and I could never find a replacement.

It is a bit annoying when you are trying to find parts for a game named "pinball" as you can imagine.

#2232 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Not interested at all. "Look out!! a giant pinball is going to squish us!!"
Way too scary for the kids in my house.

Ha, that was great.

#2238 10 years ago

You can hide in the woods and play that one during deer hunting.

#2245 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

too bad it's flipperless...

I'm not sure about that. It would have been flipperless originally but it looks like a flipper button on the side of the cabinet. Machines the came out before the flipper era were often updated with retro-fit flipper kits to be competitive with current flipper games. It's often interesting to see the sometimes illogical choice for flipper placement.

#2257 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

good catch there alex... i may have to drop the seller an email... although i'm not sure what i would do with it...

Eh, a lot of that pre-flipper era is neat looking and interesting but for the money you could fill a spot with something more fun.

#2259 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Come on in sonny! The water's fine!

What the grotto would look like if Hef chased woman his age.

#2267 10 years ago

That is a nice price! I had one. That game is brutal.

#2269 10 years ago

Yeah, and it's one of those games where you ask yourself is this frustratingly fun or just pissing me off.

#2274 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

they don't even bother asking me what i want in either one of them...

Yeah, I'm kind of one of those guys too. But hey I like a variety of flipper placement.

#2277 10 years ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

!@#$%@ too many projects but I can't resist, email sent. I hope it's gone!!

It's funny how often I feel that way..wishing someone would relieve me of the temptation by buying it first.

#2284 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Little high price but very close to me.
lincoln.craigslist.org link

Good game. Another one that is borders frustratingly fun or maddening. Shay has the backglass in stock.

#2287 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

This one would definitely need it. Most of the red is gone.

That's true. At $650 it doesn't seem that bad but then you add in the $300 backglass it kinda kills it.

#2306 10 years ago

Price is high, but he says in the ad "it's just taking up space." To me that means there is room for negotiation.

#2326 10 years ago

I graduated in 1989. I was a metal head as well. Went to see Ozzy, Metallica, Whitesnake, Great White, Skid Row, Motley Crue, Tesla and a few others. Seemed so great back then. I still enjoy some of it once in awhile.

#2338 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

So seeing we are cruising down memory lane how many of you guys had Pinball/Video machines in Grammer/High School?
I'll start. High School 1978-1979 (Freshman/Sophomore year) In the Cafeteria
1975 Bally Bow & Arrow
1976 Gottlieb Target Alpha
? Atari Stunt Cycle (stand up)
Junior/Senior all pins/vids were removed.
Ken

Nothing, the closest we had was playing Oregon Trail on the Apple IIe during study hall in Middle School.

#2351 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

we had a cigarette machine in the cafeteria

I remember we had a smoker's bench usually surrounded by an interesting crowd. Odd in retrospect.

#2478 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

that's pretty cool... i like that...
why am i such a sucker for bg animation?

I too am a sucker for backglass animation. It makes sense really. These things are like kinetic art as it is.

#2484 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Ditto ^^
How about both.
» YouTube video

Reminds me of Yngwie Malmsteen.

#2487 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Let's compare!
» YouTube video

Ha, that was classic. Maybe not the best example but his solo was classically inspired.

#2491 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Jeff Scott Soto ^^ Vocals

Shall we. Clean sound on this link.
» YouTube video

Cool, I like the part where he says "if you do want to play along" and then smirks. Yeah right. He has a healthy ego but wow is he fast.

#2518 10 years ago

I had a nice Lucky Hand for awhile. Fun game and $650 is a pretty nice price.

#2544 10 years ago

I sold my phone today on Craigslist.

Payphone.jpgPayphone.jpg
#2547 10 years ago

I too am without a cell phone. Also still holding out. A guy at work also calls me a luddite. My wife just got a new iphone. I use hers on occasion.

#2561 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I just love it when someone hands me one of those things and says "here". Like where are the buttons?

I had have her show me how to make a call yesterday.

I've gotten by for 40+ years without one, I'm not yet convinced they are a necessity. With that said I'm not completely opposed to getting one but would rather spend money on other things (pinball for one).

#2563 10 years ago

Ooh, looks nice. The red in the backglass is still red. They are commonly faded to hot pink. It's funny the Pinside Grand Prix reference image shows the red so blown out it's almost white.

#2565 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How bout some more music?

Not bad, and the girl in the video isn't too hard to watch either.

#2578 10 years ago

This one has been on Milwaukee craigslist for a long time. I haven't posted it because I keep thinking I may pursue it. Looks like it could clean up to be a nice machine.
milwaukee.craigslist.org link

#2582 10 years ago

You guys aren't helping. I have two coming my way today combined with the Sinbad I bought a week ago. I don't have room for any of them...but maybe.

#2628 10 years ago

Happy Birthday Ken!

#2667 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

why don't you find out if anyone wants to trade an Abra for a Surfer and then go pick the Abra up?

Pretty good idea really.

#2669 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i wish a $700 abracadabra in that condition would show up around here... go get it banana!!!

There was one for $350 a couple years back on Milwaukee Craigslist. I showed my wife as I often do in games I find interesting. She said "eww, that's ugly." Not really being in the market and without spousal approval I passed and it was gone within a few days.

I have since learned she reacts that way to almost any Gordon Morrison game. I showed her my recently acquired Royal Guard and Drop-A-Card. Guess what she said? The Royal Guard was "not bad" but on the DAC "eww, it reminds me of that Lucky Hand game you had." If she could only appreciate the gameplay I think I could win her over.

#2674 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

"fantasy of a 15 year old boy" morison women*...

Yeah, he definitely has more of a comic book style that was probably perfect to draw teen boys at the time. I can appreciate it for what it is but I like you prefer the earlier artists. I just hate when my wife reaffirms this on a game that is great fun.

#2682 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Another one!
1972 Bally Fireball. - $2000 (West Seattle/ Burien)
seattle.craigslist.org link

In an Expressway cabinet. Weird. I saw another one of those woodrail wedge heads at the Chicagoland Coin-Op show this weekend. It was a Sittin' Pretty in a wedgie cab with a unique but obviously old paint scheme. Guy thought it was a sample. I told him I didn't think so. It was weirdly cool. I didn't ask the price.

#2705 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Thats an odd one. Pin & slots.

Neat game. Good luck finding a backglass though.

#2722 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

How bout another song, my friends?

Hey, there's Steve McQueen again. Looks like maybe a young Dennis Hopper too?

#2786 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

wow... i want one of these, and it isn't that far away... i wonder how much "tinkering" would be needed and how many unobtanium parts it would need? it appears to be in good physical condition...
alex? whataya think? running man, 2 player, upper deck with ramps for $650 reasonable, assuming the "tinkering" isn't too much of a pita? also consider that it would cost me about $200 to transport it...

Looks decent to me. I believe it is Williams last EM Pitch and Bat. Earlier ones are nicer to look at but this one is certainly feature packed. Multi-pitch and woodrail and it would have it all. I've never seen the "Fireworks" display but apparently it's pretty cool. Nice price. Maybe you could get it for $550 to offset the transport cost. If you can get a pinball going you could get this going.

#2795 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Battle cruiser.png 99 KB

Oh dude, a lot like my first car. Except mine was yellow. 1977 Ford Country Squire Wagon. I hated it's dorkiness at the time. Now it would be a fun pin hauler.

#2848 10 years ago
Quoted from singlebanana:

Eh, tried to talk to a guy near me who has a Surf Champ listed for $3,295........... I know, I know, I was wasting my time texting him, but you never know right? Tryed to handle this thing with kid gloves and not come off as a lowballing jerk. I think he just has no idea about the value. He says it's nice and I sent him a message about how he came about with his price. Also pointed him to Boston Pinball and even the price of the last one that sold on eBay ($699). He has been sitting on it for a while (of course). It didn't go well of course, but I was polite.....Ha!

I actually had success with this once. A guy had a 1961 Double Barrel listed for $1100. It is a neat game but was a total project. Bad back glass, terrible custom cab repaint, needing shopping etc. After some polite correspondence I finally got it for $400. Maybe still too much but sometimes a seller is open to an education. The key is to be respectful in your delivery I think. Sounds like you gave it a proper try. Just have to see what happens.

Sometimes after time passes and they have had no serious offers your polite inquiry may stand out in his memory.

#2854 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Find the link for the guy looking for pics of a pitching unit for a 1963 Major League?

I did, and gave you proper credit. That link is a nice resource.

http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/1963-major-league-baseball-help

#2879 10 years ago

I believe those have already been snapped up by one of the good guys here.

#2897 10 years ago

Thanks Dave for thinking of me.

The price is right and that stuff would be nice to have on hand for project machines but it's a bit far for me. Not to mention is currently snowing outside. Blech.

Anything down your way Hoov? Probably good for selling Christmas trees.

#2901 10 years ago

Here's another Triple Action that has been listed for awhile. The price keeps jumping around on this one. It was down to $300 at one point. It's supposedly a pretty fun game.

racine.craigslist.org link

#2919 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

World Champ $299. Backglass has seen better days-
bakersfield.craigslist.org link

Shay has the back glass for $295. Could have a nice woodrail for $600. Looks like the lockdown bar may be missing and it would be nice to see the playfield.

#2924 10 years ago

Yeah, it's kind of like this one on Ebay.
ebay.com link: ws

It was listed at $800 when the one below was available for $400.
http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-1964-bally-harvest

Which would you rather have? The coffee table for $800 or a nice complete playing machine for $400?

#2926 10 years ago

I'd buy that Blast Off if it was local. I had one for a short time and miss it.
charlotte.craigslist.org link

#2942 10 years ago

Needs a little love but the price is right. Fun game.

#2944 10 years ago

Where's Boilerman?

#2947 10 years ago

Where's Hoov?

#2949 10 years ago

Oh wait, that's Altoona PA isn't it?

#2956 10 years ago

Area code is PA. I was thinking Iowa at first as that may be driving distance for Hoov.

1 week later
#3058 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

desmoines.craigslist.org link
Looks interesting. $650 though?

Fun game! Priced a little high but maybe negotiable?

#3116 10 years ago

Being the second to last remaining human being without a cell phone I feel your pain. Coincidentally I ran into an issue last weekend where a cell phone would have saved me a headache. I knew the day would come eventually but have been biding my time.

So I set up a meeting at a homeowners house to go check out a pinball I tentatively planned to buy. It was an hour away and I left Saturday morning on time. I get to the sellers house and discover no one home. I hang around for a bit and even go and talk to a neighbor of the seller. In the old days if your car broke down you could knock on someone's door and they would let you use their phone. This guy seemed less than friendly and looked at me kind of odd when I told him I didn't have a cell phone. I'm sure he thought I was up to something. Anyway he didn't even know his neighbors name and wasn't readily willing to call him. Didn't know his neighbor's name! You could throw a rock and hit his house. That's where we're at now? Anyway I drive into town and stop at an antique shop. It was full of beautiful wedge heads for $50 each. Just kidding, but the nice lady did let me use her phone. I called and got the sellers voice mail. Frustrated I stopped by the sellers house and rapped loudly on the door one last time. He obviously wasn't there so I drove home empty handed in the falling snow.

I arrive home to find a message on my answering machine. The seller had to leave earlier than expected to an appointment of some sort. He called moments after I left the house. Doh! If I had a cell phone it would have saved me the aggravation. Anyway the good point of the story is he was apologetic and said he'd be willing to bargain on the price of the game. So in the end it may still work out. Still no cell phone yet but I'm warming up to the idea.

#3120 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

If your Internet works, there's always Google Voice, or Skype. Then you just use your computer as a phone (and further avoid a cell phone, if that's the goal).

I'm like O-Din still relying on my land line. The computer may do the trick if I could find an extension cord that reaches to Milwaukee.

#3131 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

2 pinball machines
"One 1973 / 1974 Pop-A-Card by D. Gottlieb Co. & One 1975 / 1976 Lucky Ace by Williams. Both machines just serviced. Only serious inquires please. Will send pictures upon request."
newjersey.craigslist.org link

The bummer is that price likely includes the service call he just paid for. I like buying them broke down.

#3191 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

What makes Sing a Long so great?

Sing a Long inspires more real Christmas Tree sales?

#3261 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

And what sounds like a pitch & bat for $500:
greenbay.craigslist.org link (which could be a really decent deal)

Lead me not into temptation...

#3271 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Forget temptation, just go get the darn thing! When do you ever see 50's pitch and bats for $500? (or less)

That's a good one too, if it's the one we think it is. But man does it take up a lot of real estate and a couple of dudes already dropped off some games I don't have a spot for.

#3302 10 years ago

Yep, I bought this one never intending to keep it. I have to say though it is a lot more fun than I anticipated. I've been playing it nightly. I think I priced it a bit high but I wouldn't be broken hearted if it stuck around for a little longer.

#3304 10 years ago

Thanks Dave. I have a little room on price and could do a bit better for the Pinside gang.

#3306 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Hows it goin Alex? Clearing some room for some Hockey??
Good luck with the sale!

Heh, I haven't forgotten about my Hockey game. I was extremely excited to get the decal you made me Pafasa. I did discover something on that machine that has frustrated me a bit so I haven't been as anxious to finish it. The play field is made of plywood and when I got it the edges of the top layer had delaminated. I glued them down and everything seemed good.

Recently when inspecting the game in excited anticipation of finally getting that cool glass on it I noticed now the center has bubbled up. And not just a little. It's enough so the players don't want to move. So I'm kind of at a loss what to do. I feel like I need to get the whole top plywood off now but am not sure how to remove it since I recently glued the outside edge down. Sorry to get off topic, maybe I need to start a new thread but any advice is appreciated.

#3310 10 years ago

I can't see Youtube at work. But here is the game in question.

uteamho1.jpguteamho1.jpg
#3314 10 years ago

Ha, I understand those are pretty fun but that one escaped my childhood somehow.

#3342 10 years ago

I think that's like those cheater rails they pull up in the bowling alley when little kids play.

#3351 10 years ago

Was once a Snow Queen. I always liked the art on that one. Pre-custom that is...

#3355 10 years ago

Yep, I'm generally not a fan of custom pins even when done well. The DMD crowd seems to get all excited when a classic EM gets bastardized for some one off theme.

#3358 10 years ago

I guess as long as they make coffee tables out of the remaining parts...

#3362 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Grrrrrrr..
But I have to confess something.

I have to confess something too. The first time I saw one of those custom coffee tables I thought hey that's really cool. The first em re-theme I saw seemed kind of neat too. Then all of I sudden I started seeing a lot of playfield coffee tables and one off sport themed custom tables and the realization set in...

#3442 10 years ago
Quoted from IntoPinball:

Gottlieb's 1960 'Flipper'... 1st Add A Ball machine and 1st pin using the wedgehead design. $400 Manalapan, NJ

Not bad. It would be sweet to find one in the early woodrail cabinet. I believe it is the only woodrail AAB produced.

#3447 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Ship Ahoy for $350 in WI:

Saw that one, looks like it might be a very nice machine for the money. Never played that title.

#3457 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

5 hr's plus some for me - too far.

I'll go grab it for you if you pick this one up for me. stlouis.craigslist.org link

Then we can meet south of Chicago.

#3459 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

I can't get it but you should get a motel for a night. Take the wife. See the sights. ) That game is #13 on Brian's list.

It's funny you say that as I actually asked Brian about transport too.

#3461 10 years ago

Nope, he said he wasn't making trips this time of year. Staying home to get caught up on customers machines.

It's funny I used to enjoy the road trips, now that I'm older I hate that part.

#3463 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Bah, who their right mind would drive several hours just to pick up an old pinball machine?

Well my last purchase, two nice guys dropped the machines right at my door. That was the best.

Hey Dirt your not afraid of a little driving. Anything down near St. Louis you have had your eye on? Swing by and pick me up?

#3465 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Hmmm, you'd not be exactly on my way to St. Louie.
I'm trying really hard not to acquire more games. Trying.

Oh yeah, I suppose that's not a direct route. I'm hopefully picking up another one on Saturday. I ran out of room a long time ago. It's just too much fun to quit when the gameroom is full.

#3466 10 years ago

Hey Dirt, what's this old Gottlieb peeking out?

#3469 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

I don't think that's a Gottlieb, but I'll poke around a bit. Very unusual layout though, if I'm seeing that right.

Yep, you're right. Genco Canasta.
http://www.ipdb.org/showpic.pl?id=427&picno=27670

#3592 10 years ago

Not a bad price and a pretty fun game with lots of charm. Nice artwork and the animation is nice. I had one and it is probably the only game my wife gave me a hard time about selling.

I'm not crazy about the aftermarket speckle job on the cabinet and it looks like there is some type of football shaped cover up on the typical wear area. The two outside kickouts commonly put a criss cross wear mark in the playfield paint.

#3593 10 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

What do I think? It is 375 dollars (cheap) and looks fun. If you don't like it then you could consider it a free rental as you flip it for 375 or more later.

That's true. I often look at it that way with these lower priced games. You can enjoy it for awhile and if you decide there is something you like better down the road, liquidating a fair priced em is rarely hard.

#3604 10 years ago

Some type of Bingo.

#3607 10 years ago

Thanks Dave, yeah anyone? I reduced the price after having only one offer of a trade for a soda machine. It was a Vendo 83 (condition unknown) but may have been a fair deal. Been playing the crap out of it in the meantime. I probably played it 30 times yesterday.

#3609 10 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

Hot Shot in Indiana:
fortwayne.craigslist.org link

Looks pretty good. I just played Egyptrus Pro Pool and it's a neat layout.

#3628 10 years ago

Well, I'm sure it's not a title people are clamoring for but it does look nice and at $115 you can't really go wrong. I'm sort of glad it's couple hours away. If it were local I'd have to buy it. Then what would I do clean it up and try to get $250 for it?

#3630 10 years ago

I am sort of surprised this one is still available. chicago.craigslist.org link

I think it must be that weird super tall bottom cabinet that is turning people off.

#3657 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Williams Clubhouse Wood Rail $525 Not too bad.
cincinnati.craigslist.org link

I thought that Jack guy had all the woodrails in Ohio?

#3701 10 years ago

I saw that one awhile back. Too far for me. I like 60s Williams games too and have always heard it is a great game. Price seems a tad high but as you mentioned how often do you even see this model for sale.

#3705 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Six outlanes!!!???
I think I would go crazy playing that one. Plus, the two outside outlanes being so long would just add to the frustration. Watching your ball make a drain run that is half the length of the table might just kill me and the table too! I bet it has a bent front door from all the kicks it has asked for!!

I see your point. Corral would really piss you off. These types of games force you to learn to nudge and even then...

#3707 10 years ago

Yeah, I bet those side drains are a b####!

#3709 10 years ago

I'm with you. But then some games are frustratingly fun while others are borderline maddening. Corral was brutal and I found Quick Draw to be that way too. Shooting the drops more often than not felt like a sucker shot.

#3711 10 years ago

Yep, It's killing me too but then that drive for me is out of the question. Mendards rents a truck locally for $25 for the first hour. I don't know if any home improvement stores your way do that sort of thing.

#3729 10 years ago

Looks like fun, but yeah I hate the price guessing game.

#3732 10 years ago

Lookin' good Dave. I know I'm weird but I like the Music Company decal. Tells you a little bit of it's history.

#3739 10 years ago

Just think of the money you're saving.

#3746 10 years ago

I think the play field glass is just covered in soot/dust. May be a restorable game under there.

#3763 10 years ago

Bronco is a cool game. Save it please, but then I'm not big on re-themes.

#3766 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Wonder why this $350 Ship Ahoy hasn't sold yet?

Probably partly because he is advertising his game over 3.5 hours South of where it actually is. Not entirely a bad strategy as it seems more than half of the games I've sold seem to go out of state. People here seem to have less discretionary income or are just frugal. The weather has sucked the last couple weeks too. Not to mention we are between Christmas and tax refunds.

#3816 10 years ago

Aw man you were down in St. Louis? That Eye of the Tiger is still down there. I guess I'm kind of over it anyway.

#3854 10 years ago

I think Herb Silvers restored example actually sold around $20K. So Dirtflipper is right. Even if you put $1000 into the restoration you'd still be ok at $13K. Still hard to wrap my head around but for the right guy... I just think it's one of those games that has a lot going for it. Attractive, rare and fun (maybe, never played one).

#3856 10 years ago

My basement is packed and I figure everything in there combined isn't worth $20k. So it's an easy decision for me.

#3914 10 years ago

1968 Spin Wheel. Repainted, but looks nice for the money.

#3919 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

how do you know it's a repaint?

Quoted from Garrett:

Lines are too crisp, doesn't look like any webbing either.

Exactly as Garret said.

#3920 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I know the webbing on some of the late 60's gottliebs is vey thin

That's true, but look at the bottom front edge of the cabinet. A couple minor dings but not a chip in the paint on the whole thing. No typical wear or discoloration at all around the flipper area or plunger. It looks nice and for the effort put into it the price seems like a bargain.

#3952 10 years ago

9 times out of 10 it's the home model, but then you never know....

#3970 10 years ago

I always liked the back glass on Jungle Queen. The price is not bad either. Just how I like to buy them, affordable and fairly local. With that said I am two over my limit as it stands and I have my drop target itch covered for now.

#3980 10 years ago

I may be in the minority but I kind of like the art. It's a unique and total departure from any other game's art package (aside from Granada). The fact that it's a good game makes it even better.

#3987 10 years ago

I like it. I think this may be the first time Williams used the mechanical running man unit. It has charisma and potential but looks to quite a restoration project. Hard to say on value but $950 is pretty optimistic considering condition.

#4016 10 years ago

Get one, it's a cool site.

#4084 10 years ago

I bought a snowmobile yesterday. It changes your whole outlook from "ah sh*t more snow!" to "Yay, more snow!".

#4087 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

I used to take my Ktm Exc out in the snow, stud the tires w/sheet metal screws and hit the woods, 2 wheelers on ice/snow are a good workout for sure. I may have to do that again.

Ice racer! I have a couple buddies that do that on the lake. Crazy stuff.

Quoted from ccotenj:

anyone wanna trade a snowmobile for a pin?
although if i acquired one, it would be guaranteeing that it wouldn't snow for 5 years...

Yeah, I told my boss I bought a sled and his response was, "Oh good it will quit snowing now."

#4124 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

This looks so cool! I have no idea where i'd put it, but I'm gonna try to get it. What do you guys think?
1953 Genco Silver Chest Upright EM Pinball Machine Woodrail Cabinet 99
omaha.craigslist.org link

Genco made four uprights I believe. I have a friend that has them all. He came to Chicago from New Jersey to get his Silver Chest and paid a lot more than $99. I believe it is the most uncommon model. I have never played one but it sure is a nice piece of arcade eye candy.

#4134 10 years ago

Wow, looks like a fun haul.

#4181 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Nope! I really got the feeling that the whole thing was a scam! I don't need it that bad.

Ugh, I hate that. I'd almost rather see it listed at $300 than $99. It may then still be available and you could possibly snag it for $250. Still a good deal without all the convoluted nonsense.

#4194 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Top Card in SD, just posted a few minutes ago:
rapidcity.craigslist.org link

Here's a potentially decent backglass if someone needs one. North Star too.

providence.craigslist.org link

#4217 10 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

I know some early wedgeheads had that color on the front of the head but not on the body.

Yes, Corral comes to mind.

1 week later
#4365 10 years ago

Hmm, within driving distance. No, no I don't need anymore.

#4367 10 years ago

Valid point.

#4369 10 years ago

Neat. Somebody somewhere needs this! I always thought there would be great satisfaction reuniting a head and lower cab. I'd just need a pole barn to store all the random heads and bodies I could accumulate until that one magical day. Then, Peaches and Herb...

#4401 10 years ago

It's hard to know what some of the rare titles sell for as those deals generally don't happen in the open market.

1 week later
#4452 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

wms "4 bagger" pitch and bat - $2999 - somerset (nj)
this has been sitting there for awhile...
newyork.craigslist.org link

I've got one and love it. I bought a nicer one to replace my mediocre one. I ended up selling my old one working on Ebay for $850 last year. Ugh, ever sell something and and it makes you a little sick inside. It's hard to buy a 70s P&B for that. Good game with a neat cabinet style.

#4456 10 years ago

Too much for a rough example...

#4458 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

everythings bigger in Texas

That may be true, I think SchertzPinball's flat bed trailer may be almost as big as my game room.

#4463 10 years ago

I have a 59 Bally Challenger. 14 ft model. Longer would be better but I'm lucky it fits in my space at all. It's in my restore queue and been hogging up my game room for at least 5 years. It's just a pain to move around in a tight space. I'd love to cut it loose and free up the space but my wife won't let me sell it. So I'm hoping to finally get it playing this Summer. I understand a ball bowler is the ultimate game for entertaining guests. I hope it turns out to be as fun as everyone seems to indicate.

#4478 10 years ago

That's where I'd want to be at. From what I understand Ice Revue is supposed to be a very good game.

#4509 10 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

But wow, the real prize would be the game next to it!

You already have a Nags don't you Dirt? Well, I suppose you could mean the Ringer, that is supposed to be a lot of fun too.

#4511 10 years ago

I'd love one and see you have two.

#4513 10 years ago

Trade 'em for a Cow Poke?

#4515 10 years ago

Just trying to relieve you of your lonely Williams machines.
I suppose an AAB isn't a good trade for a replay guy though. I'd miss the old girl anyway.

#4542 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i'd settle for just the schwinn.... you can keep the el toro...

Someone say Schwinn? Maybe a little older than what Odin had in mind but here's mine. A bit of a rat rod I had been piecing together…

Schwinnwtank.jpgSchwinnwtank.jpg
#4555 10 years ago

Hey, that one's pretty cool too. They did make repro Krates if you want one cheap.

#4639 10 years ago

Money, space and time seem to be the biggest setbacks in this hobby. I guess it keeps us all in check. If not the wife may need to step in and remind us on occasion.

#4641 10 years ago

Either way has it's benefits. Life is full of trade offs.

#4662 10 years ago

I had an opportunity to buy one once. I opted for Gold Strike instead. Seemed like a no brainer at the time. In retrospect I'm curious about the gameplay on Rancho. Seems to be an interesting layout. And you don't see it very often.

#4666 10 years ago

Cactus, ha. Not one of my general requirements but I like it.

#4679 10 years ago

Some Sinbads were made with metal cabinets too.

#4683 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

i ended up passing on that sweet hearts...
was a nice day for a ride though...

Really? It looked so clean in the pics. I suppose with a house full you don't need another one.

#4708 10 years ago
Quoted from ccotenj:

pennant baseball - $1650 - joppa (md)
calling alex... calling alex... old school pitch and bat...
baltimore.craigslist.org link

Heh, I like it! That model has a great look to it. That guy in Joppa always seems to have great stuff listed.

Actually I like the CC Majors on the page before too. I'm sort of itching for something early.

#4729 10 years ago

I swear that machine has been listed on and off for short times over the last year or so. I only noticed because I like it. If it is the same machine I think it was $550 at one point. Maybe it's a different one or they are struggling with the thought of letting it go.

#4799 10 years ago

A few of the breweries switched to making Ice Cream during prohibition. I know Heileman's made Ice Cream during that time.

#4800 10 years ago

Whoops, Dirt said it while it I was typing.

#4852 10 years ago

Hey, is your new avatar The Rifleman? I love that show.

#4869 10 years ago

Trade Winds is supposed to be a great game. I'm glad it's near St. Louis. Long drives alleviate my temptation.

#4907 10 years ago

I can't remember the last $350 game I've bought that was working, and I always consider paperwork just a bonus if included. Even needing a little love, at that price in Wi it would likely be gone already.

#4909 10 years ago

My latest pick up, Pop-A-Card still had the schematic taped to the inside of the back panel. I was shocked and pleased.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.98
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

782 posts in this topic match your search for posts by AlexF. You are on page 1 of 4.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider AlexF.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl?tu=AlexF and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.