20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 350.
#3952 10 years ago

9 times out of 10 it's the home model, but then you never know....

#3953 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

9 times out of 10 it's the home model, but then you never know....

It does say 1972. But if it's too good to be true, then it probably is. Either way, I'm not wasting my time. Somebody else has a truck with wheels on it. Mine won't until tomorrow.

#3954 10 years ago

Got me! Double post. Oh hell, why waste it-

#3955 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Egads!!!-
losangeles.craigslist.org link

Good time to test out the axle bearings/seals.

Off to the races!

#3956 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

Good time to test out the axle bearings/seals.

Perhaps....

#3957 10 years ago

Dude at 399 you rent a truck from home depot and go get that shit! URGH! Most likely it is a typo and they wanted to type 3999.

#3958 10 years ago

Gottlieb Out of Sight - $500 (Pittsfield,) Groovy and nice.
worcester.craigslist.org link

#3959 10 years ago

3. blueboy_sept22.jpg3. blueboy_sept22.jpg

#3960 10 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

chicago.craigslist.org link
1968 Spin Wheel. Repainted, but looks nice for the money.

I have repainted two of these, Fun pin!! Too cheap for the work it takes.

cab-before-after.JPGcab-before-after.JPG
SpinWheel_2 041.jpgSpinWheel_2 041.jpg

#3961 10 years ago

Now that just doesn't look right....

detroit.craigslist.org link

#3962 10 years ago

Go get it Garrett!

#3963 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

freakin ugly, imho

#3964 10 years ago
Quoted from Pafasa:

Go get it Garrett!

I want a Klondike, but you know, when it has LED's it gotta' be worth a lot more.

Another guy has been trying to sell one for $400. Really dirty, rough back glass. If he'd take $300 it'd be mine.

I'm patient.

#3965 10 years ago

A acquired taste to be sure, but a good price for looks to be decent shape!
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

#3966 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

It is a fun game to play, but I wouldn't necessarily want to look at it every day. I think a lot of machines are acquired taste. Some that I like hardly get mentioned, and others that people rave about look like ass to me.

#3967 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

detroit.craigslist.org link

Well the seller did mention >> "Looking to see what interest is out here".

#3968 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

" target="_blank">hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

Owww my eyes have now been burned out! I can't see! It burns I tell ya! It burns! Oh the humanity!

#3969 10 years ago

Jungle Queen in Milwaukee - little flaking in the bg but for $475 good deal

milwaukee.craigslist.org link

Alex, yoo hoo Alex

#3970 10 years ago

I always liked the back glass on Jungle Queen. The price is not bad either. Just how I like to buy them, affordable and fairly local. With that said I am two over my limit as it stands and I have my drop target itch covered for now.

#3971 10 years ago

the flipper layout on jungle queen/jungle princess was interesting, i'm not sure but I think it was the only one that had the 2" and 3" at the bottom of the pf

#3972 10 years ago

I had one and sold it but it was one of those games that if you had more room and $$$$ you would keep. Good player.

#3973 10 years ago
#3974 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Jubilee-$190
orangecounty.craigslist.org link

I know this game doesn't get much love but its actually a fun game for beginner players (kids etc.). Pops are DC and the game makes a lot of noise since the Side Rebound rubbers score 50 points instead of 10.

At that price, it would make a good starter EM for someone wanting to get their feet wet on EMs. Someone buy it before Mikeincali gets it and parts it out!!!!

#3975 10 years ago
Quoted from stashyboy:

hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link spanish eyes pinball

Nabbed it this morning. It's really quite clean and has been in a home environment for a long time. Backglass has some issues along the top edge, but the guy really wanted it out so I got an even better deal on it! It played so hot that I thought it may have been high-tapped, but it wasn't! He actually dropped a quarter in it to start the game!
He handed me a bag of coils and stuff as well. What's not to like? (oops, shouldn't have asked)

#3976 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Someone buy it before Mikeincali gets it and parts it out!!!!

Lol!
I get my new brake drums this afternoon, so I will be mobile tomorrow. I just wasn't too happy with the cut job they did on the old ones. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to fixing cars. I HATE to do the job twice.

Not too sure if I really like the artwork on that one, but it does look fun to play.

#3977 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Nabbed it this morning. It's really quite clean and has been in a home environment for a long time. Backglass has some issues along the top edge, but the guy really wanted it out so I got an even better deal on it! It played so hot that I thought it may have been high-tapped, but it wasn't! He actually dropped a quarter in it to start the game!
He handed me a bag of coils and stuff as well. What's not to like? (oops, shouldn't have asked)

A well tuned Williams with 24VDC on the playfield plays very fast. They have a speed that Gottlieb's didn't have until they started rectifying the playfield. And for Gottlieb's, this was at the transition period into SS in the late 1970's.

Williams had fast tables back into the early 1970's.

#3978 10 years ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

I know this game doesn't get much love but its actually a fun game for beginner players (kids etc.). Pops are DC and the game makes a lot of noise since the Side Rebound rubbers score 50 points instead of 10.

I owned this game for a while and its really fun for 2 people. They didnt make 7k of them because they sucked

--Jeff

#3979 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Nice adoption jr.
The Bg is a little bit much on the eyes (pun intended) but who cares its all about playability.

#3980 10 years ago

I may be in the minority but I kind of like the art. It's a unique and total departure from any other game's art package (aside from Granada). The fact that it's a good game makes it even better.

#3981 10 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Lol!
I get my new brake drums this afternoon, so I will be mobile tomorrow. I just wasn't too happy with the cut job they did on the old ones. I'm a perfectionist when it comes to fixing cars. I HATE to do the job twice.
Not too sure if I really like the artwork on that one, but it does look fun to play.

Auto parts repair club unite,got my order in sunday and one brake hose arrived today,the other hose ,rotors,and pads come wednesday... No rush on install till spring /summer though. . Too cold!

#3982 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

No rush on install till spring /summer though. . Too cold!

Sounds like we are almost on the same time schedule. I think spring arrived today. Of course we are still waiting for winter to show up .

#3983 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

Williams had fast tables back into the early 1970's.

Yeah, I've had a few; namely a couple of "Dealer's Choice" and a "Lucky Ace". This "Spanish Eyes" was just a little surprising because it's not like an actual pinhead owned it and maintained it. Usually, homeowner games in "as found" condition play rather sluggishly. He dropped a quarter in this thing to demonstrate it and it really popped! One of the score reels will need some work, but overall this game was surprisingly clean. I wouldn't have bought it if it wasn't this nice, and I had my max offer in mind as well. The guy really seemed to want it out, so I knew I had a good chance to negotiate a super deal. It worked out well and I'm happy with it. A little sprucing up, and it will likely be at the Allentown show.

#3984 10 years ago

Speaking of rare or acquired taste themes....just missed out on a decent looking Team One ($250!) nearby (New Haven CL) anyone on here get it? I don't love the artwork, but AAB with the Abra layout would likely be pretty fun to play(?)

#3985 10 years ago

Williams Grand Prix a the Star Pool that I had were extremely fast. Both had good art and color on them too. Williams games of the seventies were moving forward trying new features, but the over all build was better in the 60s IMO.

#3986 10 years ago

OK opinion time.
What is this really worth and should it show up in my garage this weekend.
Ive made what i consider to be a reasonable offer and the seller seems willing.

austin.craigslist.org link

opinions??

--Jeff

#3987 10 years ago

I like it. I think this may be the first time Williams used the mechanical running man unit. It has charisma and potential but looks to quite a restoration project. Hard to say on value but $950 is pretty optimistic considering condition.

#3988 10 years ago
Quoted from Garrett:

A well tuned Williams with 24VDC on the playfield plays very fast. They have a speed that Gottlieb's didn't have until they started rectifying the playfield. And for Gottlieb's, this was at the transition period into SS in the late 1970's.

I have noticed quite the difference in speed between the EM Joker Poker and Solar City . Two games that are seperated by one year. That may be one of the reasons some gravitate towards these transition games. I remember back in 78 being surprised how fast Joker Poker played being that it was a Gottlieb, and most of them had seemed relatively slow up to that point. Too bad they only made so many with DC.

#3989 10 years ago

I'd stay away from the baseball game
pretty worn pf for just under a grand- just me

#3990 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

OK opinion time.
" target="_blank">austin.craigslist.org link
opinions??
--Jeff

I think it is very collectible - if you could restore the playfield. Looks like it has seen a lot of play for a long time. If it was local to me, I'd wait a week or two and then offer the seller $300 or so - if he takes it great and if I didn't get it - it wasn't meant to be.

#3991 10 years ago

I agree with HDC a little steep considering the work involved,but if your a baseball fan and
you like the mechanical back box,then it may be a worthy purchase.

#3992 10 years ago
Quoted from way2wyrd:

OK opinion time.

austin.craigslist.org link

opinions??

--Jeff

Quoted from alb0711:

I'd wait a week or two and then offer the seller $300 or so - if he takes it great and if I didn't get it - it wasn't meant to be.

If you really want it Jeff make an offer right away for the $300-$350 range. The Playfield is hash and would require a complete airbrush paint job. Sounds like it has more problems then just missing screws as well. Cool game once it had a total restore though.

Just my 2 cents

Ken

#3993 10 years ago
Quoted from EM-PINMAN:

If you really want it Jeff make an offer right away for the $300-$350 range. The Playfield is hash and would require a complete airbrush paint job. Sounds like it has more problems then just missing screws as well. Cool game once it had a total restore though.

Im a cheap bastard my offer is nowhere near the asking price.
I dont think the pf repaint would be too hard and mechanically im not real worried about it.

Im going to look Friday and we shall see how it plays out

thanks for the opinions

--jeff

#3994 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I have a SE as well and those DC powered bumpers can be pretty wicked.

- jeff

#3995 10 years ago

Another Jersey guy here with a SE my first pin..can't wait to play it again, I removed the back glass and I'm keeping the pin warmed..too cold in the unheated studio to play

#3996 10 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

A little sprucing up, and it will likely be at the Allentown show.

For sale or for playing.

#3997 10 years ago
Quoted from Pin-it:

For sale or for playing.

Gotta think about it. I usually don't bring games that I'm not intending to sell, so it might be for sale.

#4000 10 years ago

Spanish is priced about right ,the Ding Dong is hard to tell whats its worth as the photo is too far away.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 24.98
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 80 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/80 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.