New! Dark mode!

Browsing Pinside at night? Getting tired of all the white? Switch to dark mode using the button in the top right (or CTRL-B)!

(Topic ID: 38621)

Some nice looking EM classics just came up on CL

By o-din

7 years ago

Topic Stats

• 17,366 posts
  • 387 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by Sea_Wolf
  • Topic is favorited by 108 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,432 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

pasted_image (resized).png
Clown4 (resized).jpg
Clown3 (resized).jpg
Clown2 (resized).jpg
Clown1 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20200626-153214 (resized).png
Screenshot_20200518-091713 (resized).png
1742757 (resized).jpg
20190812_105522_resized (resized).jpg
IMG951054 (resized).jpg
IMG951053 (resized).jpg
IMG_1697 (resized).JPG
IMG_1068 (resized).JPG
IMG_1069 (resized).JPG

There are 17366 posts in this topic. You are on page 348 of 348.
#17351 83 days ago
Quoted from Agent_Hero:

This and the Mr. & Mrs. Pac-Man have been listed for months, on CL and Ebay. I wondered why Heat Wave has lasted so long since it seems to be a popular title. Paint pattern being incorrect seems like a minor complaint since it looks decent and it's not a crazy high price.

Agree. Offers on machines like that don’t usually last long on Craigslist.

#17352 82 days ago

Nice original condition on this 60 year old game.

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

#17353 81 days ago

Something weird about that Golden Bells BG

My game's main background is white not blue.
Here is typical BG with White.

#17354 81 days ago

The first review on IPDB says he had one with a white backglass and one with blue backglass.

https://www.ipdb.org/rate/showrate.pl?gid=1045

#17355 81 days ago

I guess it could be due to fading, but all the Golden Bells games that I owned (2) and also played, all had the white background.
My current game's glass does have some Reds fading to pinkish but different shades of fade,
The white is just too uniform thruout to likely be due to fade.

#17356 81 days ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Something weird about that Golden Bells BG
[quoted image]
My game's main background is white not blue.
Here is typical BG with White.
[quoted image]

Yes, faded for sure. Note the 500,000 on the backglass is white as well, yet the same shade of blue in the other backglass. Strange though how reds usually fade out more than blues, but this definitely is a fade issue. Must be the light blue color

#17357 81 days ago

I doubt it's due to fade. All the Golden Bells I've seen have had the white glass also. As mentioned above reds are usually the color most prone to fade.

I'm guessing it's like Rocket where some early production games had a different glass variation.

#17358 81 days ago

The light blue must have been super susceptible to a quick fade, because prior to this every Golden Bells
that i have seen was always a bright white background, and at same time some usual red fading
but those reds always tended to fade to various shades of light red or pink or tan.
The fact that the white is so uniform gives me some cause for suspension of blue to white fading.

The BG does look better with white background, makes the WMS logo and games name really pop out better.

#17359 81 days ago

Would need to see if Duncan Brown or Pacak or Sam Harvey
might have some press photos of the orgiinal game, even in B&W one should be able to tell if background is blue or white.

From ipdb flyer
its still hard to tell

But Based on the 500,000 and 50,000 scores, I might tend to agree that they might have been light blue on original games (samples/proto)
and maybe changed to white with regular production.

#17360 81 days ago

I believe a reproduction was made of this glass (Shay?). I wonder if it's white or blue.

#17361 81 days ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I believe a reproduction was made of this glass (Shay?). I wonder if it's white or blue.

I just checked Shay's website, and it is listed. However, at least on my computer "Rocket", "Golden Bells" and "Golden Gloves" are grayed out.

#17362 81 days ago

A bit pricey I think for a Golden Bells.

1 month later
1 month later
#17364 7 days ago

What to make of this? Same Aladdin’s Castle Machine, same picture. One at an estate sale in Glencoe Illinois and one for free in a 3rd floor apartment in Niles near Chicago. Serial killer in the apartment?

chicago.craigslist.org link

#17365 7 days ago
Quoted from Sea_Wolf:

What to make of this? Same Aladdin’s Castle Machine, same picture. One at an estate sale in Glencoe Illinois and one for free in a 3rd floor apartment in Niles near Chicago. Serial killer in the apartment?

I'm guessing they will ask for a deposit to hold it for you and rip you off, but either way, yeah that's sketchy.

#17366 7 days ago
Quoted from tbaum:

I'm guessing they will ask for a deposit to hold it for you and rip you off, but either way, yeah that's sketchy.

That would make sense. Bait you with the “Free” offer and then ask for a deposit for a machine they obviously don’t have.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Apparel - Men
Pinside Shop
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
La Porte, IN
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
350 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Oakland, CA
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Kansas City, MO
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Chester, VA
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Boards
PinSound
$ 28.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 219.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 175.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
M&M Mods
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
pinballmod
$ 78.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 35.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 89.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball
There are 17366 posts in this topic. You are on page 348 of 348.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside