Topic Stats

• 17,182 posts
  • 370 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 days ago by pinhead52
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,412 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

Neptune ad (resized).png
20180714_185926 (resized).jpg
image-4 (resized).jpg
image-23 (resized).jpg
Ro Go Flyer (resized).png
MV5BZjh (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
image (resized).png
image (resized).png
Arrowhead (resized).jpg
00g0g_6Wb3R4dkm95_600x450 (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
DSCN8660 (resized).JPG
HitRun (resized).jpg

There are 17187 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 344.
#16851 6 months ago

Thanks JR for the heads up.
Someone local could ask to go see it in person just to see what the seller would do. It looks like a foreign scammer from the butchered english language.

#16852 6 months ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Someone local could ask to go see it in person just to see what the seller would do. It looks like a foreign scammer from the butchered english language.

Nope, he's there. I bout the his Volley, although not the Volley pictured in the ad.

#16853 6 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I feel that I should warn everyone here about a Craigslist seller who is using lifted photos in his ad. If you want to split hairs, he doesn't name the machines he's selling, or claim that the photos are his games, so you could say he isn't actually being dishonest. However, proceed with caution here, and ask for actual photos of the games he's selling if you're dealing with him.
The "Volley" has been sold, but it's not the same one shown in the photo.
The "King of Diamonds" is actually a "Diamond Jack", and not nearly in the condition of the "KOD" pictured.
He does have a Williams "Darling" for sale, but who knows if it's the same one shown in the photos.
newyork.craigslist.org link

Huh, I was speaking with him the other day. Prices were all over the place! I asked for photos but never received any. The drive was too far for me to bother.

Thanks for the public service, it's good to be part of a group that helps out.

#16854 6 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Huh, I was speaking with him the other day. Prices were all over the place! I asked for photos but never received any. The drive was too far for me to bother.
Thanks for the public service, it's good to be part of a group that helps out.

What games did you ask about? What was he offering? He didn't even have a "King of Diamonds", but a tired "Diamond Jack" that I hear he wanted 3K for!

#16855 6 months ago

Nice Lady Luck here. Used to be mine so I can verify top working condition. I'm sure maybe someday I'll miss it. Nice example for sure. Can't keep them all!

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

#16856 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Nice Lady Luck here. Used to be mine so I can verify top working condition. I'm sure maybe someday I'll miss it. Nice example for sure. Can't keep them all!
orangecounty.craigslist.org link

Looks like the person you sold it to got tired of it pretty quickly. It's a decent player, but not a good looker. I play Vic Camp's when I get down there. I believe I still have the high game on his.

#16857 6 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Looks like the person you sold it to got tired of it pretty quickly. It's a decent player, but not a good looker. I play Vic Camp's when I get down there. I believe I still have the high game his.

He's played it a bunch at my place along with the rest of us. It's really a top game, but with my 21 now set up again, I guess it's kind of redundant.

It was a package deal with another game just to help make some room around here and when they bring a truck and cash on Super Bowl Sunday, I say lets load em up!

#16858 6 months ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

Nah, just a product of the public education system right here in the good ol' USA. (ducking)

#16859 6 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

What games did you ask about? What was he offering? He didn't even have a "King of Diamonds", but a tired "Diamond Jack" that I hear he wanted 3K for!

Volley. Wanted $400 but pics never came through so that was red flag for me being far enough away.

The original Darling price, as I understood it, was $1,500!!!!!

#16860 6 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Volley. Wanted $400 but pics never came through so that was red flag for me being far enough away.
The original Darling price, as I understood it, was $1,500!!!!!

When did you talk to him? Did he offer you a free jukebox if you bought two machines?

#16861 6 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Nah, just a product of the public education system right here in the good ol' USA. (ducking)

The good news is that the seller is seeking only "instreaded" potential buyers, a nonexistent constituency.

#16862 6 months ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

When did you talk to him? Did he offer you a free jukebox if you bought two machines?

Jukebox plus Volley for 400.

Sounded like a high school kid.

Is what it is, could have been legit just new to selling.

#16863 6 months ago
Quoted from RonSS:

Jukebox plus Volley for 400.
Sounded like a high school kid.
Is what it is, could have been legit just new to selling.

Yeah, but post photos of the actual items you're selling, or at least state otherwise. Anyone should know that.

#16864 6 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, but post photos of the actual items you're selling, or at least state otherwise. Anyone should know that.

Lack of common sense is not illegal. It should hurt but it's not illegal. See it way too often.

#16865 6 months ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Lack of common sense is not illegal. It should hurt but it's not illegal. See it way too often.

Yeah. If it were, our jails would be bulging!

#16866 6 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah. If it were, our jails would be bulging!

they are!

#16867 6 months ago

Yep... not only more people in jail here than any other country on earth, but also highest per capita, and over 20% behind bars without a sentence.

Prison business sure is profitable. Unfortunately, the lobbyists tend to argue for stiffer penalties across the board... because, you know... can't make money when your "customers" go home.

Of course, you and I pay the bill for this.

Land of the free? Oh well. Too topical for pinball. Let's roll on... glad pinball isn't illegal.

Actually, in some cities, it still is. "Gambling equipment not zoned for residential areas"... *sigh*

#16868 6 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Land of the free? Oh well. Too topical for pinball. Let's roll on... glad pinball isn't illegal.
Actually, in some cities, it still is. "Gambling equipment not zoned for residential areas"... *sigh*

Nic should I check with the FBI to see if there is a reward for you?

#16869 6 months ago
Quoted from Grayman_EM:

Nic should I check with the FBI to see if there is a reward for you?

LOL luckily not... just too many political podcasts during EM rebuild time.

#16870 6 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Land of the free?

Of course it is. That's why everybody wants to live here.

Unknown (resized).jpg

#16871 6 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Land of the free? Oh well.

The reason prisons aren't overcrowded in many other countries is that they simply execute, maim, or beat lawbreakers senseless for seemingly minor infractions. Maybe that would work here.

#16872 6 months ago

Yikes... never thought of it that way. :/

#16873 6 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

The reason prisons aren't overcrowded in many other countries is that they simply execute, maim, or beat lawbreakers senseless for seemingly minor infractions. Maybe that would work here.

Damn straight. Hang'um high.

#16874 6 months ago

New topic.....

Pinball in prisons

#16875 6 months ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

New topic.....
Pinball in prisons

"From the three major manufacturers, I hereby sentence you to play only Road Race, Zig Zag, and Ro Go for the next ten years..."

NOOoooOOooOOOOooooOOOO!

#16876 6 months ago

Serious criminals in solitary only get Chicago Coin.

#16877 6 months ago

<blockquote
NOOoooOOooOOOOooooOOOO!
"Take him to Detroit!"

#16878 6 months ago
Quoted from DropTarget:

New topic.....
Pinball in prisons

There's a 'stooges episode with a "marble machine" in a prison.

#16879 6 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

"From the three major manufacturers, I hereby sentence you to play only Road Race, Zig Zag, and Ro Go for the next ten years..."
NOOoooOOooOOOOooooOOOO!

"Zig Zag" isn't so bad. Maybe change that to "Darling".

#16880 6 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

"Zig Zag" isn't so bad. Maybe change that to "Darling".

Darling is fun to play with others though...

#16881 6 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

NOOoooOOooOOOOooooOOOO!

After working on the one at MOP, Road Race wasn't all that bad.
So I will make the following substitutions:
Gottlieb Airport
Williams Toledo
Bally 70's El Toro (or ANY 60's Bally other than On-Beam).

#16882 6 months ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

Heretic! My Grand Tour, Bazaar and Sky Divers are all very fun to play.

El Toro does look boring though.

#16883 6 months ago

El Toro is the game I will get to spend all eternity with in the afterlife.

#16884 6 months ago

It's hard to bag on almost any title on here without pissing somebody off. It's all subjective. Heck, even Rogo is on 3 Pinsiders wishlist.

#16885 6 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

It's hard to bag on almost any title on here without pissing somebody off.

Road Race is the most awesome EM pinball game ever! (Know anybody looking to buy one?)

#16886 6 months ago

I don't but the art isn't so bad and somebody probably has fond memories playing it in their youth.

#16887 6 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I don't but the art isn't so bad and somebody probably has fond memories playing it in their youth.

It is a cool looking game. As is Bally El Toro.

#16888 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

El Toro is the game I will get to spend all eternity with in the afterlife.

Maybe you can have the cabinet made into a coffin so it'll stay with you in the afterlife.

http://gameroomblog.com/stuff/dracula-real-coffin-spookiest-pinball-machine-ever

#16889 6 months ago

I'll be honest, its been 45 years and I still haven't found another El Toro to play!

Except the Williams version that I own. That particular game is such a butt kicker I can't see it ever leaving.

As far as the Bally one, I do suppose it will be waiting for me somewhere when all is said and done.

#16890 6 months ago
Quoted from CactusJack:

After working on the one at MOP, Road Race wasn't all that bad.
So I will make the following substitutions:
Gottlieb Airport
Williams Toledo

*gasp* no Cosmos? Dixieland? Campus Queen?

Would sub Big Ben for Toledo in 3" Williams world.

Anyway, eh, nothing to add lately to the CL finds. Slim pickin's around here lately...

#16891 6 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Anyway, eh, nothing to add lately to the CL finds. Slim pickin's around here lately...

Same here. Looks like we've all done good work fishing it out.

Thought I saw a mustache man on CL a while ago, but this is what we got today.

losangeles.craigslist.org link

#16892 6 months ago
Quoted from AlexF:

It's hard to bag on almost any title on here without pissing somebody off. It's all subjective. Heck, even Rogo is on 3 Pinsiders wishlist.

Really? I could hook them up!

#16893 6 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Really? I could hook them up!

You have a Rogo? Well it is classic Christensen. Hard to not find something redeemable in almost any pinball.

#16894 6 months ago

No, it's not mine. My wife's brother-in-law has one. Very nice all around. Mint coin door and back door on it. They never play it.

#16895 6 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

They never play it.

Ha, well there you go.

#16896 6 months ago

If one could only have one pinball machine in their house while growing up and it was RoGo, that would be a friend of mine.

#16897 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

If one could only have one pinball machine in their house while growing up and it was RoGo, that would be a friend of mine.

Well, it was a series of happenstance events. He's only had the "RoGo" maybe five or six years. His brother moves people and moves stuff, so he came upon this "RoGo". I got it cleaned up and working for him. It had a brand new chime assembly in it, but apparently the person who installed it didn't know how to connect it, so they ran lamp cord up to the score reels to power the chimes!!! I undid all that, and hooked it up correctly. So now it basically just sits in his finished basement. My family goes up there to visit once in a while, and I usually play a game or two, then ask myself why! I'm pretty sure he'd sell it.

#16898 6 months ago

A buddy of mine grew up with a RoGo in his house. His dad still has it, but it doesn't work any more. I offered my services or a trade at one time, but that never happened.

#16899 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

His dad still has it, but it doesn't work any more.

Better that way!

#16900 6 months ago

Hey, O-din, pretty sure we have an El Toro in Banning. Come out and come to the realization you are better off without one.

Funny story: last year while working the show, some guy came up and asked if there was an El Toro in the house (apparently, with 500 pinballs, it takes too much effort to look for yourself). I showed him to the Bally one. He said that was the one he was looking for.

I think he may have only plays 5 balls..........

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chapel Hill, NC
3,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 8.40
$ 10.95
Apparel - Unisex
Pinball Wheezer
$ 128.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 39.95
$ 29.99
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 76.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
$ 15.00
$ 36.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
MONSTERFISH MODS
$ 66.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 27.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
There are 17187 posts in this topic. You are on page 338 of 344.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside