Topic Stats

• 17,163 posts
  • 370 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 day ago by Skidave
  • Topic is favorited by 107 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2,411 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20180714_185926 (resized).jpg
image-4 (resized).jpg
image-23 (resized).jpg
Ro Go Flyer (resized).png
MV5BZjh (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
download (resized).jpg
image (resized).png
image (resized).png
image (resized).png
Arrowhead (resized).jpg
00g0g_6Wb3R4dkm95_600x450 (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpg
DSCN8660 (resized).JPG
HitRun (resized).jpg
00L0L_3iJFLR1k8TG_1200x900 (resized).jpg

There are 17168 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 344.
#16751 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

On the plus side, the fires are all out now.

That's great to know!

#16752 6 months ago

It's a vicious circle. It gets hot and dry and windy for a while and everything burns. Then it rains like heck and all the mud and rocks come sliding down. But before you know it brush and plants are growing back all over again.

On the plus side we haven't had a major earthquake in a while, but just like death and taxes we know it's coming.

#16753 6 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah, but NJ to CA is a looooooooong way, rain or shine!

Sh*t, I was in San Diego a few days ago.

#16754 6 months ago

Well, I can get to San Diego in two weekends from now if it's still there. Rain or shine.

I'm surprised at least one local I know down there hasn't snagged it but he's a truck driver and is probably in NJ.

#16755 6 months ago

Game: Super Star
Manufacturer: William
Type: EM - 1 Player
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: longisland.craigslist.org link

OP: For sale is an original Williams super star add a ball pinball machine item works well just checked out and needs nothing if posted item is still available, emails with no ph# will go unanswered, email offers will not be responded to, cash only, can help load.

Superstar (resized).jpg

#16756 6 months ago

Game: Score-Board
Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Type: Woodrail EM - 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1956
Production: 1,300
Cost: $1250
Link/Contact: detroit.craigslist.org link

OP: GOTTLIEB SCOREBOARD 4 PLAYER. ORIGINAL NEVER RESTORED. GOOD WORKING CONDITION.

Scoreboard (resized).jpg

#16757 6 months ago
Quoted from Matesamo:

Game: Score-Board
Type: Woodrail EM - 4 Player
Month/Year: March 1956
Production: 1,300
Cost: $1250
Link/Contact: detroit.craigslist.org link
OP: GOTTLIEB SCOREBOARD 4 PLAYER. ORIGINAL NEVER RESTORED. GOOD WORKING CONDITION.

Awesome. I've really been looking for one of those. Will give him a call in a bit. Hope he's willing to ship. That's a very long drive =/

#16758 6 months ago
Quoted from nman:

Awesome. I've really been looking for one of those. Will give him a call in a bit. Hope he's willing to ship. That's a very long drive =/

Nice, hope it works out for you, it is a nice looking machine. For a second I was going to offer to pick it up and then realized its in MI, lol.

#16759 6 months ago
Quoted from nman:

That's a very long drive =/

Road trip!

#16760 6 months ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Target Pool / EM 1 Player

That posting is "expired". Wonder if it sold at all. I'd have been interested if it was in my area.

#16761 6 months ago

I'm actually looking into the feasibility, but I'm severely lacking in available weekend time for the foreseeable future

Damn, my brother just moved away from Ann Arbor within the last year. That would have been really convenient.

Spoke with the guy earlier though and he seems pretty nice and flexible so I'm hopeful we'll be able to work something out in fairly short order. Thanks again Matesamo for the heads up on it

#16762 6 months ago
Quoted from PinballFever:

That posting is "expired". Wonder if it sold at all. I'd have been interested if it was in my area.

No, it's still there. But I figured after all the hyping we did here that somebody might have snatched it up by now. If it's still there next weekend, I'll might be willing to make the long drive just for the heck of it. I gotta work this weekend.

#16763 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

No, it's still there.

Link? I get a "This posting is expired" page.

#16764 6 months ago

Weird, it was there 5 minutes ago and now it's gone.

#16765 6 months ago
Quoted from o-din:

Weird, it was there 5 minutes ago and now it's gone.

I can see it.

Surprising it isn't already gone at that price and it looks to be in decent shape.

#16766 6 months ago
Quoted from nman:

I'm actually looking into the feasibility, but I'm severely lacking in available weekend time for the foreseeable future
Damn, my brother just moved away from Ann Arbor within the last year. That would have been really convenient.
Spoke with the guy earlier though and he seems pretty nice and flexible so I'm hopeful we'll be able to work something out in fairly short order. Thanks again Matesamo for the heads up on it

At his asking price expect it to be there a good while. Mr. Pinball price guide from a year or two ago has Score Board valued at $475.

#16767 6 months ago

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Shameless self promotion..I need room. This game looks good and plays strong. 1967 Gottlieb Paul Bunyan.

#16768 6 months ago
Quoted from bonzo71:

philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Shameless self promotion..I need room. This game looks good and plays strong. 1967 Gottlieb Paul Bunyan.

Fun game with 6 flippers, 2 bullseye targets, 3 ABC targets and a rollunder. It's a 1968 game though.

#16769 6 months ago

Fun game with 6 flippers, 2 bullseye targets, 3 ABC targets and a rollunder. It's a 1968 game though.

will fix...thanks

#16770 6 months ago

Game/Type: Paul Bunyan / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: September 1968
Production: 1,900
Contact/Link: philadelphia.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Works great..rebuilt pop bumpers..very nice cabinet backglass and coin door...good rubber."

Added 162 days ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#16771 6 months ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Game/Type: Paul Bunyan / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: September 1968
Production: 1,900
Contact/Link: philadelphia.craigslist.org link

Condition: "Works great..rebuilt pop bumpers..very nice cabinet backglass and coin door...good rubber."

Good game. If I was closer... oh wait I already have one and I don't need another. A friend shopped mine for me years ago and it still plays great. It's my wife's favorite.

#16772 6 months ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: King Pin / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: September 1962
Production: 1,250
Cost: $800
Contact/Link: peoria.craigslist.org link
Condition: "One of the top Williams reverse wedgeheads of this era due to theme and great playability. They don't come up for sale very often. I bought this game working last year and have enjoyed it but it's time to move it on. I just finished cleaning and waxing the playfield and placing new rubber rings. I left it original as I bought it. The previous owner had fabricated a plywood back door (missing) for the game and painted the legs grey. He also touched up the backglass the best he could - Shay Arcade sells backglasses for this game.. The cabinet is good with your normal imperfections for this era. The playfield is good with some flipper drag above the lower flippers which you see on a lot of games from this era. I have more pics of the mechanicals inside the game and back of the game - if you're interested I can send them."

Added 162 days ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#16774 6 months ago

Quick Draw - $350?!?

Yeah, that'll last a while...

lancaster.craigslist.org link

Freakin' New England!! GOT ALL THE PINS!!!

#16775 6 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Quick Draw - $350?!?
lancaster.craigslist.org link
Freakin' New England!! GOT ALL THE PINS!!!

Uh, last time I checked, Pennsylvania isn't part of New England!

#16776 6 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Unless your are in TN. (:

#16777 6 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Yeah yeah... you know what I mean. :p

Being from Texas I'll just say "up yonder!"

#16778 6 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Spin-A-Card - $150 OBO!?!
washingtondc.craigslist.org link

E-mailed the guy, he said had someone interested and wanted to know if I wanted to "bid" higher on it.

I passed after telling him I was more than happy to accept the posted price.

Not going to risk an 16 hour drive for unscrupulous seller.

#16779 6 months ago
Quoted from gdonovan:

E-mailed the guy, he said had someone interested and wanted to know if I wanted to "bid" higher on it.
I passed after telling him I was more than happy to accept the posted price.
Not going to risk an 16 hour drive for unscrupulous seller.

One of those, huh?
I like to say, " I didn't realize it was an auction."

#16780 6 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

It's a good looking game and I would certainly pick it up for $150.

I had one before and while it was fun I thought it was one of the few Gottlieb games I've played that was a little "unbalanced": You very often ended the game missing just one or both of the Aces which are only made via the return lane which isn't really a 'shot' (and of course the spin-spot feature). I contrast this with games like King of Diamonds or Sing Along where you seemingly 'miss' the special by a different card or spot on each a game.

It does have great pop bumper action.

#16781 6 months ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

One of those, huh?
I like to say, " I didn't realize it was an auction."

Now to be fair he said $150 OBO - Best offer does not mean best offer BELOW asking price. Fantastic game worth $500 as it sits from the looks of the pictures, don't even see the typical outhole wear. I got one in similar shape but drove 1000 miles each way to get it.

#16782 6 months ago

I would like to own the AAB version Hearts & Spades. The layout, artwork, and flow are all very nice... with bells too!

Can't do Spin-A-Card though. Like too many Gottliebs it is a "play for specials" game and thus not very useful for high score/tournament play. Like KOD, Flip-A-Card, etc, all targets have the same value and give no special point bonus when completing the set. Blech.

#16783 6 months ago

SaC is a very good game for the most experienced players when set up right, its fun fun fun. For the new or average player, the summer of love babes on the BG, and of course the beads on the head used in '69 makes it kinda unique looking and attractive as well. Bright colors, kick holes to the top, loads of action on the configuration of pops, and of course 3 games for a quarter. Randomize BG feature is really cool, and gives a brief break and some action from the PF to the BG, and then back when kicked to continue play. A very fine combination of looking up, down, and then all around. Like an extra ball each time. Rewire it for one game per quarter, and this title *kills* it on location for family friendly pub/bars (20-25 bucks a week off season, at times 20 bucks a day on weekends in season) where parents enjoy an adult beverage while the little turds run off with lunch money and entertainment for a while prior to the meal being served. Hearts and Spades is indeed a better player as AAB, but for location work the replay version here is a clear winner. Marginally underrated for its designed intent to make money on location at 7.5. HaS at 7.7 wins in large part due to 600 or so produced for collect-ability vs 2000+ produced.

#16784 6 months ago
Quoted from SuperDaveOsbourn:

SaC is a very good game for the most experienced players when set up right, its fun fun fun. For the new or average player, the summer of love babes on the BG, and of course the beads on the head used in '69 makes it kinda unique looking and attractive as well. Bright colors, kick holes to the top, loads of action on the configuration of pops, and of course 3 games for a quarter. Randomize BG feature is really cool, and gives a brief break and some action from the PF to the BG, and then back when kicked to continue play. A very fine combination of looking up, down, and then all around. Like an extra ball each time. Rewire it for one game per quarter, and this title *kills* it on location for family friendly pub/bars (20-25 bucks a week off season, at times 20 bucks a day on weekends in season) where parents enjoy an adult beverage while the little turds run off with lunch money and entertainment for a while prior to the meal being served. Hearts and Spades is indeed a better player as AAB, but for location work the replay version here is a clear winner. Marginally underrated for its designed intent to make money on location at 7.5. HaS at 7.7 wins in large part due to 600 or so produced for collect-ability vs 2000+ produced.

I prefer it over my Central Park for gameplay. For whatever reason, it gets 4-1 play over my other EMs with newbies. It's got something that's for sure.

#16785 6 months ago
Quoted from John_in_NC:

Now to be fair he said $150 OBO - Best offer does not mean best offer BELOW asking price.

I don't agree.
When naming a specific price and OBO, it is basically stating that if you show up with the asking price, you get the item. OBO is usually included when the seller isn't very sure that his asking price will be met. Otherwise, why name a price at all! I don't care for those kind of shenanigans. Research the item before listing it for sale in order to get a reasonable idea of it's value. Don't put potential buyers though that kind of agony.

#16786 6 months ago

OBO means the seller is willing to accept best offers below the asking or posted price. (not above the asking price)

#16787 6 months ago

OBO used to mean the best offer below the asking price. Sadly, I'm seeing more and more of OBO meaning above the asking price. This breed of seller is lazy and doesn't want to research the price and is using CL and other sites as an auction. I don't deal with sellers like that.

#16788 6 months ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

I would like to own the AAB version Hearts & Spades. The layout, artwork, and flow are all very nice... with bells too!
Can't do Spin-A-Card though. Like too many Gottliebs it is a "play for specials" game and thus not very useful for high score/tournament play. Like KOD, Flip-A-Card, etc, all targets have the same value and give no special point bonus when completing the set. Blech.

Please sell all the Gottlieb replay em's with specials (the "Blech" kind) you come across to me! And cheap too since they're no good

#16789 6 months ago
Quoted from hoov:

Please sell all the Gottlieb replay em's with specials (the "Blech" kind) you come across to me! And cheap too since they're no good

Me too if they are on the West coast!

#16790 6 months ago
Quoted from hoov:

D'oh! Don't get me wrong... Gottlieb made some fine games with superb artwork. Oftentimes I just wish the rules had been designed with a little more care in terms of scoring potential and completion awards.

Earning specials is a nice bonus, but if that is the primary goal of the game at the expense of "scoring, shots, and speed", it isn't gonna last long in my fleet.

Still... when I see 'em... I'll keep turning 'em your way!

#16791 6 months ago

Drinking coffee this morning, thought I had my day planned, took a quick look at pinside and see this

Quoted from NicoVolta:

washingtondc.craigslist.org link

Emailed the guy, game still available ( price had increased slightly, but still in low-end range ). Made the three hour drive and picked it up. Really nice backglass, some playfield wear around the pops, 25,400 on the meter. Only game I've ever bought with no sign of prying around the coin door.

Anyway, thanks for wrecking my plans for the day, Nick!

#16792 6 months ago

Actually, Gottlieb replay games were designed so you had to have a good game to achieve either high score or specials.

Quoted from NicoVolta:

D'oh! Don't get me wrong... Gottlieb made some fine games with superb artwork. Oftentimes I just wish the rules had been designed with a little more care in terms of scoring potential and completion awards.
Earning specials is a nice bonus, but if that is the primary goal of the game at the expense of "scoring, shots, and speed", it isn't gonna last long in my fleet.
Still... when I see 'em... I'll keep turning 'em your way!

Thanks!

Actually, Gottlieb replay games were designed so you had to have a good game to achieve either high score or specials. My primary goal is to achieve both specials and points and not to concentrate on one or the other - that way nothing suffers as a result. In short, replay games and aab games are different animals designed by the same person, but enjoyment can be had from either. Personally, I like the shorter game times of replays - I had a Gold Strike and although it was a good game it was too easy to win free balls - you could turn it over two or three times and the game would linger on and on............. My hands and fingers were tired after just playing one machine

#16793 6 months ago
Quoted from hoov:

I'm seeing more and more of OBO meaning above the asking price. This breed of seller is lazy and doesn't want to research the price and is using CL and other sites as an auction. I don't deal with sellers like that.

Oh I get it, thanks.

Quoted from Pinbee:

Emailed the guy, game still available ( price had increased slightly, but still in low-end range ). Made the three hour drive and picked it up. Really nice backglass, some playfield wear around the pops, 25,400 on the meter.

Nice pickup! I used to play a SaC at the local swimming pool. The only goal in my mind was to get that red special lit then cradle the ball and try to hit it several times.

#16794 6 months ago

Awesome pickup, Pinbee! Just trying to... help? Am I helping your situation? Hehe

I hear ya Hoov. AAB’s rock but only if they are hard as hell! Flipper Fair is a keeper for this reason. You MUST constantly fight to earn extra balls or it’s drain-drain-drain-over.

Think I’m split 50/50 on replays vs. AAB’s... it just depends upon the game. Lucky Hand over Jacks Open? Yes! Dimension over 2001? Hell no.

But hey, we need differing opinions otherwise not all of the games would be saved!

#16795 6 months ago

You need to play Team One set on three ball. Can be really hard to get an extra ball.

#16796 6 months ago

OBO means the seller is willing to accept best offers below the asking or posted price. (not above the asking price)

English is my first language and OBO = Or Best Offer, nothing more nothing less. Any other interpretation is an assumption.
This person was asking too little for whatever reason, received an offer something over asking. So far I would say that's the best offer. I wouldn't fault the seller for not knowing the market, they could have obtained it in an estate. Best thing to do is call them up, offer a fair price. I once bought a $50 (asking) World Fair for $200 that way.

#16797 6 months ago
Quoted from Pinbee:

Drinking coffee this morning, thought I had my day planned, took a quick look at pinside and see this

Emailed the guy, game still available ( price had increased slightly, but still in low-end range ). Made the three hour drive and picked it up. Really nice backglass, some playfield wear around the pops, 25,400 on the meter. Only game I've ever bought with no sign of prying around the coin door.
Anyway, thanks for wrecking my plans for the day, Nick!

Nice! Win win, the guy likely didn't know what he had. Nice pick-up!

#16798 6 months ago

OBO means 'or best offer.' There was no under, or over stated, and no time limit either. If someone injected that into the post, that is the injectors fault, not the seller. Now, I do agree its annoying folks are posting on CL and getting bidding wars, but who ever said CL couldn't be that format of market place? You, me, some rules, or something you hoped CL wouldn't have turned into but is now?

To the buyer, good find, hopefully good price in the 150-200 range. That is likely what is was worth, and that is always fun to see. Particularly if the BG was mint, and the PF was in good standard condition for this title (almost always wear from the kicker holes). Smashing the lite red, or getting a credit when it drains out of chance is fun as well, and when the knocker is 120 VAC and *CRACKS* it frightens the player, also alerts others in the area of play this person is 'special'.

Many games that Ed and Art put together were indeed special, this one included.

#16799 6 months ago
Quoted from Billc479:

You need to play Team One set on three ball. Can be really hard to get an extra ball.

I have an Abra Ca Dabra but have heard Team One has a better ruleset although I just can't get past the artwork. Still, would like to try one someday.

#16800 6 months ago
Quoted from hoov:

I have an Abra Ca Dabra but have heard Team One has a better ruleset although I just can't get past the artwork. Still, would like to try one someday.

Team one is a fun pin. Tim M brings his very nicely restored example to the NW pin show in Tacoma, WA every year.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Chapel Hill, NC
3,250 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Philadelphia, PA
€ 8.40
$ 89.00
Cabinet Parts
Pappy's Pinball Palace
$ 160.00
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 25.00
$ 44.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 18.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 40.00
Playfield - Decals
Great American Pinball
Lighting - Interactive
Professor Pinball
$ 12.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 48.00
Cabinet - Other
ModFather Pinball Mods
$ 209.99
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
$ 800.00
Cabinet Parts
Pinball Playfields
There are 17168 posts in this topic. You are on page 336 of 344.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside