20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 321 of 350.
#16001 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

If anyone is interested in viewing photos of the games formerly in my collection, and now for sale (link at post 15955 by Pecos above, Atlanta auction posted on Craigslist), feel free to send me a private message. Here's the list of those games:
*1963 Midway Race Way (exceptional all-original example of this title, see above)
*1963 Midway Slugger (fairly scarce, under-the-radar, super fun pitch & bat)
*1960 Williams Official Baseball (professional artist hand-painted, highly detailed playfield mannequins, very nice original example)
*1965 Gottlieb Bank-A-Ball (very nice example)
*1965 Gottlieb Buckaroo (very nice playfield, good original backglass, average cabinet)
*1967 Gottlieb King of Diamonds (repainted cabinet)
*1933 Bally The Pennant (very nice, original example)
I sold these games several years ago to a collector who has a microcar and pinball museum in Atlanta. However, from the limited photos, the condition of the games appear to be quite similar to when they were purchased from me. Here are a few photos of some of the games, when they were in my line-up:

bruce did the same person purchase all of your games? funny they all ended up in a auction.
they look like they were really nice machines.

#16002 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

bruce did the same person purchase all of your games? funny they all ended up in a auction.
they look like they were really nice machines.

Yes Dave, plus several others, because he liked the first group he acquired from my collection. The machines and microcars, plus other collectible items in this auction are from a singular collection. The seller has the largest microcar collection in the world.

#16003 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Yes Dave, plus several others, because he liked the first group he acquired from my collection. The machines and microcars, plus other collectible items in this auction are from a singular collection. The seller has the largest microcar collection in the world.

surprising a guy that had these would put them in a auction, it is always a gamble on who shows up to bid. then again if the right people show up they can run the price up. they are really nice so i am sure even with auction fees he will still make out.

#16004 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

surprising a guy that had these would put them in a auction, it is always a gamble on who shows up to bid. then again if the right people show up they can run the price up. they are really nice so i am sure even with auction fees he will still make out.

For this particular seller, convenience is far more important than the revenue generated by the auction. I suspect that Pinside and Mr. Pinball ads for these games would have yielded much higher sales prices.

#16005 7 years ago

Always loved all the details and inside jokes on Raceway's background. Someone is going to be happy with that purchase!

#16006 7 years ago

Pinwiztom and pinballprowess stopped by this afternoon and gave most of my games a pretty good workout. Proud to say no malfunctions seemed to manifest themselves on any of them.

Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun!

#16007 7 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Cost: "This Saturday February 4th at 12 noon EST Vintage Pinball Auction."
Contact/Link: atlanta.craigslist.org link
Condition: "All pinballs in fully restored immaculate conditions as part of a museum liquidation. For full catalog and auction information please contact.
Gottlieb Dancing Lady Pinball Machine
Gottlieb Dodge City Pinball Machine
William's Space Mission Pinball Machine
Bally Bow and Arrow Pinball Machine
William's Space Mission Pinball Machine
William's Jumpin' Jack's Pinball Machine
Bally Rocket III Pinball Machine
Gottlieb Buckaroo Pinball Machine
Gottlieb King of Diamonds Pinball Machine
Gottlieb Grand Slam Pinball Machine
Gottlieb Sing Along Pinball Machine
Gottlieb Bank a Ball Pinball Machine
Gottlieb Square Head Pinball Machine
Gottlieb Pro-Football Pinball Machine
Gottlieb Soccer Pinball Machine
Bally Touchdown Arcade Game
Gottlieb Volley Pinball Machine

Anyone have an update on what these ended up going for? Looked like an amazing collection based on ZMET's photos.

#16008 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pinwiztom and pinballprowess stopped by this afternoon and gave most of my games a pretty good workout.

Thank you Brian for your hospitality.
I 've been looking forward to SEEING AND PLAYING your collection for quite some time
and was not disappointed.
Very nice looking games for the most part and all played very well.
Liked Pinky a lot for a 1950 impulse flipper pin.
And came away with a slightly better appreciation of GTB Fashion Show
as a "more fun to compete" type of game.
Was sorry that the '63 WMS Big Deal was still in process of being refurbished, maybe next time.
cheers Tom

#16009 7 years ago

Here's a nice 1970's Williams 2 player loaded with features.
cnj.craigslist.org link

#16010 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Here's a nice 1970's Williams 2 player loaded with features.
cnj.craigslist.org link

Just can't get into the look of that game. Someone we both know was fortunate to have unloaded his "Funk Fest".

#16011 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Liked Pinky a lot for a 1950 impulse flipper pin.

Best $100 I've spent since I've been in the hobby.

#16012 7 years ago
Quoted from davideokills:

Anyone have an update on what these ended up going for? Looked like an amazing collection based on ZMET's photos.

Final gavel, including the 21% buyer's premium, was:

Official Baseball-----$4,537.50
Race Way------------$4,235
King of Diamonds---$3,327.50
Buckaroo------------$2,420
The Pennant---------$2.420
Bank-A-Ball----------$2,178

The liveauctioneers website auctions fetch prices all over the map, and this auction was no exception. As indicated previously, the Race Way, Official Baseball and Bank-A-Ball were the gems in the lot.

#16013 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Final gavel, including the 21% buyer's premium, was:
The liveauctioneers website auctions fetch prices all over the map, and this auction was no exception. As indicated previously, the Race Way, Official Baseball and Bank-A-Ball were the gems in the lot.

Wow. That's a heavy premium for quality.

#16014 7 years ago

That's nuts! What did the Dodge City go for? One of my favorite short flipper games.

#16015 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Pinwiztom and pinballprowess stopped by this afternoon and gave most of my games a pretty good workout. Proud to say no malfunctions seemed to manifest themselves on any of them.
Thanks guys, it was a lot of fun!

Yeah, thank YOU

Had a great time... will have to get you over here sometime!

#16016 7 years ago

chambersburg.craigslist.org link

condition: fair
make / manufacturer: Ballys
model name / number: Sea Ray
size / dimensions: Full size pinball

Pinball machine currently doesn't work. Has been setting in my basement for years. Not broken, just not working from not being used. Cosmetically in good shape, must pickup. $175

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2085

#16017 7 years ago

PA... forever home of the killer deals...

#16018 7 years ago

At the liveauctioneers auction on Saturday, the Midway Slugger pitch and bat sold for $1,815. That game was in poor condition when I acquired it. However, I rate it as an overall solid 7, upon completion of the restoration. I don't think that the seller modified that game after buying it from me years ago. Slugger is a fun and unusual game, which features hybrid pinball and pitch & bat action, with slingshots as well as add-a-ball rewards, 2 ramps, 2 gobble holes, and variable value target scoring.

Quoted from ZNET:Final gavel, including the 21% buyer's premium, was:

#16020 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Bally
Game/Type: Trio / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: July 1965
Production: 750 (!)
Cost: $325
Contact/Link: cincinnati.craigslist.org link
Condition: "In great condition. Plays well. Everything works. Playfield is in near mint condition. Cabinet shows minor wear but still very nice. Backglass is almost perfect. Chimes sound great and very loud. ...I haven't had any issues with the game. Just plug it in and start playing."

Added over 7 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#16021 7 years ago

jacksonville.craigslist.org link

A Doodle bug and a rough looking Stern Stars.

#16022 7 years ago

~~~MIDDLE POP ALERT~~~
Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Spanish Eyes / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: March 1972
Production: 3,905
Cost: $525
Contact/Link: milwaukee.craigslist.org link
Condition: "Plays very well and in really nice condition. New rubber, etc.
Backglass is perfect. Playfield and cabinet are quite nice.
Fun Player. "

Added over 7 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#16023 7 years ago

If you like wood rails...

cnj.craigslist.org link

This is not my listing.

#16024 7 years ago

For me, Pokerface is one of the better playing machines of that era. Love the artwork too.

#16025 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

For me, Pokerface is one of the better playing machines of that era. Love the artwork too.

it is in my top 5 wood rail games

#16026 7 years ago

hartford.craigslist.org link

Another woodie , doesn't look
Too bad

#16027 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I recall reading that Wayne Neyens identified his favorite designed game as Queen of Hearts. Queen of Hearts is among my favorite woodrails as well. I love the roll-unders.

Needless to say, the success of Queen of Hearts led to Poker-Face's very similar design, save for the latter's extra gobble hole and drain saver. However, there are a few very good games which I don't want in my line-up and Poker-Face is one of them. Poker-Face, like Minstrel Man, may possess a valuable teaching moment about historical oppression and stereotypes. Nevertheless, I can't have fun playing those games, as a player and as a collector, when I'm reminded of that needless oppression in the not-too-distant past. Perhaps I would feel differently if the hobby itself was more racially diverse.

#16028 7 years ago

Surf Champ in GA. I really want a Surfer but a Surf Champ would be okay too. $1500.... I'll wait for a bit more of a project Surfer.

athensga.craigslist.org link

surf champ 2 (resized).jpgsurf champ 2 (resized).jpg

surf champ 1 (resized).jpgsurf champ 1 (resized).jpg

#16029 7 years ago

Good deal...

IMG_1642 (resized).PNGIMG_1642 (resized).PNG

IMG_1643 (resized).PNGIMG_1643 (resized).PNG

IMG_1641 (resized).PNGIMG_1641 (resized).PNG

#16030 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I recall reading that Wayne Neyens identified his favorite designed game as Queen of Hearts. Queen of Hearts is among my favorite woodrails as well. I love the roll-unders.
Needless to say, the success of Queen of Hearts led to Poker-Face's very similar design, save for the latter's extra gobble hole and drain saver. However, there are a few very good games which I don't want in my line-up and Poker-Face is one of them. Poker-Face, like Minstrel Man, may possess a valuable teaching moment about historical oppression and stereotypes. Nevertheless, I can't have fun playing those games, as a player and as a collector, when I'm reminded of that needless oppression in the not-too-distant past. Perhaps I would feel differently if the hobby itself was more racially diverse.

So how do you feel about Gottlieb's "Square Head"?

#16031 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

So how do you feel about Gottlieb's "Square Head"?

or any of the objectified women on most every pinball BG and PF
since the beginning of time?

#16032 7 years ago

I am part native American and am not offended by Pokerface or any of the other injun themed woodrails of that time period. It would go nicely along side my Frontiersman and Arrowhead. I wouldn't mind adding a Smoke Signal to the lineup someday either.

#16033 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am part native American and am not offended by Pokerface or any of the other injun themed woodrails of that time period. It would go nicely along side my Frontiersman and Arrowhead. I wouldn't mind adding a Smoke Signal to the lineup someday either.

I don't think I've ever seen a "Smoke Signal". Looks like a cool game.

#16034 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Looks like a cool game.

Yes it does. With a nice layout and lots of features. Great art too. You can earn a replay by all five balls going in the gobble hole. Sounds easier than it probably is. I've been on the lookout for one for some time.

image-5 (resized).jpgimage-5 (resized).jpg

image-2 (resized).jpgimage-2 (resized).jpg

image-1 (resized).jpgimage-1 (resized).jpg

#16036 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

O-din, It is axiomatic that none of us speak for any minority group, even if we happen to be a member of that oppressed group. (I too am a member of a minority group.) That is why I specifically expressed my opinion in the context of MY gameroom. I do not begrudge anyone who is able to enjoy Minstrel Man or Poker-Face in their home line-up. I just don't want either of those titles in my home. Neither your preference nor mine is better or worse. On an unrelated note, Smoke Signal's playfield reminds me of Williams Army Navy (the first score reel game, as I recall).

JRPinball, There are dozens of other Pinside threads addressing the objectification of women in the hobby so there's no point in recreating that wheel here. In my experience, women are beginning to enter the hobby in increasing numbers. Certainly, WOZ helped to some extent in that regard. I do not think that the same can be said for racial diversity, however. Anyone who has attended a pinball expo anywhere in the USA, in the last two decades, will note the homogeneous attendance.

#16037 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

O-din, It is axiomatic that none of us speak for any minority group, even if we happen to be a member of that oppressed group. (I too am a member of a minority group.) That is why I specifically expressed my opinion in the context of MY gameroom. I do not begrudge anyone who is able to enjoy Minstrel Man or Poker-Face in their home line-up. I just don't want either of those titles in my home. Neither your preference nor mine is better or worse. On an unrelated note, Smoke Signal's playfield reminds me of Williams Army Navy (the first score reel game, as I recall).
JRPinball, There are dozens of other Pinside threads addressing the objectification of women in the hobby so there's no point in recreating that wheel here. In my experience, women are beginning to enter the hobby in increasing numbers. Certainly, WOZ helped to some extent in that regard. I do not think that the same can be said for racial diversity, however. Anyone who has attended a pinball expo anywhere in the USA, in the last two decades, will note the homogeneous attendance.

Z, I was not the person who brought up the women issue. I asked how you felt about Gottlieb's "Square Head". In case anyone doesn't know....
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squarehead

#16038 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Z, I was not the person who brought up the women issue. I asked how you felt about Gottlieb's "Square Head". In case anyone doesn't know....
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=squarehead

JR, My apologies. I meant to address PINWIZTOM's comment #16031. Regarding your Gottlieb Square Head observation, below is a pertinent link:

http://www.cracked.com/article_16967_8-racist-words-you-use-every-day.html

#16039 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

JR, My apologies. I meant to address PINWIZTOM's comment #16031. Regarding your Gottlieb Square Head observation, below is a pertinent link:
http://www.cracked.com/article_16967_8-racist-words-you-use-every-day.html

Ok, but I'm still wondering if you find Gottlieb's "Square Head" to be offensive; at least as offensive, as the other two games you named?

#16040 7 years ago

I am a full blooded "kraut" and i am not offended by squarehead,
even though its original intent (the term) was to diminish or offend.
I can see where minstrel man may tend to go over the line in today's society.
Not really offended by depiction of hillbillies (in lots of Parker BGs)
or palefaces donning indian headdress on pinball artwork packages
or the depiction of a page cut boy with traditional dress in clogs for Dutch Boy paint
or William Penn on Quaker Oats.
nor the depection of skinny pointy people and the fat guy on the Backglass on WMS Gulfstream.
But that is me, i tend to let things roll off my back and let it go.
My wife may not be thrilled with the general depiction of women on pinball artwork packages
emphasizing boobs and cleavage and micro waists, yet Elvira and Scared Stiff are her two favorite machines.

#16041 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I am part native American

I could see that when i finally meet you in person,
also for some reason i was thinking you were related to iggy pop too.

#16042 7 years ago

I'm basically a mutt with parts from all over the world. I'm sure like many others.

The way I see it, there are enough offensive and inconsiderate people living in the world today to let the intentions of a colorful pinball backglass from 60 years ago bother me now. But again, that's just me

#16043 7 years ago

I would like to add that pinwiztom showed no mercy when he stepped up to my games. He played amazingly well even on the ones he'd never played before. They don't call him pinwiz for nothing.

#16044 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I would like to add that pinwiztom showed no mercy when he stepped up to my games. He played amazingly well even on the ones he'd never played before. They don't call him pinwiz for nothing.

Did you ply him with liquor

#16045 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Did you ply him with liquor

No, it was mid afternoon on a Saturday and even I hadn't hit the hard stuff yet. Tom is a serious player who doesn't seem to get distracted. All these older guys come to my house and show me up on my own games!

It's all good. I need all the practice I can get for the money games I play with the usual crew.

#16046 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Ok, but I'm still wondering if you find Gottlieb's "Square Head" to be offensive; at least as offensive, as the other two games you named?

I think that it’s folly to rank ethnic slurs in terms of an "offensive meter." Consequently, I will merely observe that Americans of Scandinavian and Germanic descent have been generally embraced since their wave of immigration whereas other ethnic groups have not.

#16047 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

Oh jeez... well, enjoy

stereotype (resized).jpgstereotype (resized).jpg

#16048 7 years ago
Quoted from ZNET:

I think that it’s folly to rank ethnic slurs in terms of an "offensive meter."

Just wondering if you would object to having that game in your home for the same reasons as the others you've named. That's all.
I don't mean to be a pest, but I really didn't know that "Square Head" was an ethnic slur until fairly recently. That they made a game with a specific ethnic slur as it's title seems to me to be far more insulting than depicting American Indians in a comedic manner on a pinball game. Personally, I don't find it offensive, but others might. Whether a group has been "generally embraced" or not really isn't relevant, because what's offensive to one member of any group, may not be to others.
What's offensive to me is the double standard that seems to exist when it comes to matters such as these. "Hogan's Heroes" is still shown regularly in syndication, but "Dukes of Hazzard" is not. I guess it all depends on who's ox is getting gored. Over and out.

Now, back to the thread topic.
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

#16049 7 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Now, back to the thread topic.
hudsonvalley.craigslist.org link

That's a pretty nice North Star for that money.

#16050 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Actually, o-din... they call him "pinwiz" for more anaTOMical reasons. hahaha

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 24.98
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 321 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/321 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.