20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 306 of 350.
#15251 7 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Would you take it for $150? 100?

I'd pay $100. It's not far from me. If nothing else I could stick it in mom's garage with the other two parts games.

#15252 7 years ago

She's 94, she don't care.

#15253 7 years ago
Quoted from heatwave:

Sometimes you get lucky on Craigslist.....
Saw an ad this morning for a King of Diamonds - $100. Almost choked on my coffee and immediately sent the guy an e-mail.
The ad had been up about an hour, but I was the first e-mailer. Went and picked it up earlier this afternoon.
I have a KOD sample game, but this one has a much nicer back glass and and once I clean up the play field (looks like it hasn't been cleaned since it was on route but luckily the ball was clean), I think will also be a little nicer.
I had been on a streak of "just missing" games so nice to get a win even if it's just an upgrade vs. a new title I've been wanting. Will do a full shop out but probably not till the late summer or fall.

Oh my word! That's the steal of the century!!!

#15254 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Holy crap Levi! That's 3 now!?! Many of us would like to find one in our lifetime.

It's always been my goal to own all the Wonderlands!!!

Maybe the game is more common than I thought I always figured it was rare.

#15255 7 years ago

Wonderland is the most beautiful classic pin of all IMHO. But do post a video of how it plays!

#15256 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Wonderland is the most beautiful classic pin of all IMHO. But do post a video of how it plays!

Some games look better than the they play.

Some games play better than they look.

You should know that, don't you have a King Pin?

#15257 7 years ago

1970's

Quoted from Pinballprowess:

centigrade 37

team one

#15258 7 years ago

Manufacturer: Gottlieb
Game/Type: Lawman / EM 2 Player
Month/Year: October 1971
Production: 1,750
Cost: $350
Link/Contact: cnj.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "...this machine is working great and cosmetically is super nice."

Added over 8 years ago: **This posting has expired.**

#15259 7 years ago

If I didn't already have a sheriff I would have picked that lawman up yesterday on my wonderland trip. How can people bitch about "a rich mans hobby" when deals
Like that just sit there?

Wonderland is one of the better playing woodrail games. It's very fast and playable, and even has a cool ruleset where completing certain sequences lights scoring awards. It's got a fun layout and has just the right amount of gobble holes (one!)

I'll get some video together at some point.

#15260 7 years ago

I tried to contact the person selling the Lawman yesterday just asking for a pic before I take a 80 mile trip one way but never got a response . The trip is no big deal but I just wanted a simple pic

#15261 7 years ago

Just sent another response . I'm a a wedgehead guy but sometimes things sound to good to be true

#15262 7 years ago

You should know that, don't you have a King Pin?

Sure do... I have two King Pins! :p

#15263 7 years ago
Quoted from boilerman:

1970's

centigrade 37

team one

But wonderful when these things both 'do' come together.

Say a... Heat Wave, Teacher's Pet... or Niagara for example

#15264 7 years ago

I sure wish an inexpensive Lawman would show up in SoCal. I would want a photo too, but would be willing to drive the 80 miles for a 350 lawman.

#15265 7 years ago
Quoted from NicoVolta:

Sure do... I have two King Pins! :p

Man, I hated to take mine down.

That was painful!

But rotation is my only choice in this limited space.

I should be collecting coins or stamps or something...

Yeah, like THAT'S gonna happen. : )

#15266 7 years ago
Quoted from Vic_Camp:

Looks real nice ....show us more pictures.
What a find.

Here is the playfield. Plenty dirty but I think it will clean up very nice. Looks to be no planking and the black lines around the inserts are hardly worn at all. Plus the plastics are a very vibrant green with no scratches or chips. Cabinet is pretty nice with a few of the usual gouges.

Playfield_(resized).JPGPlayfield_(resized).JPG

This should be a spectacular game when it's finished. I'm psyched, particularly for $100.

KOD_Back_Box_(resized).JPGKOD_Back_Box_(resized).JPG

#15267 7 years ago

I'm more than willing to drive the 80 miles but I can't get the guy to contact me back to at least tell him I want to see it. He probably sold it already.

#15268 7 years ago

Oh yeah...the playfield is going to look excellent after a cleaning and waxing etc.

#15269 7 years ago

The wonderland and the old man who sold it to me. He insisted on doing most of the work taking it apart. Took forever but I wasn't gonna tell him he was too old to disassemble a pinball machine.

At least he let me do the heavy lifting.

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#15270 7 years ago

That looks like the worlds nicest Wonderland.

#15271 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

That looks like the worlds nicest Wonderland.

No doubt. The others all have wear from those powerful slingshots and the frog drinking the tea is always worn. It does have the usual concave inserts, the old man used nail polish to fill them in. I think it turned out ok. In the past I've used water thin super glue.

The lockdown bar and wood rails are gorgeous.

#15272 7 years ago

In my opinion it's about the prettiest pinball machine of them all.

Glad to hear it's a great player too. I assumed that looking at the layout.

#15273 7 years ago

That is beautiful. Never seen one in-person, but I've always loved that back glass and looks like a great player.

#15274 7 years ago

Some of the best artwork ever on a game.

Stunning example with original cabinet paint, congratulations.

#15275 7 years ago

But wonderful when these things both 'do' come together.
Say a... Heat Wave, Teacher's Pet... or Niagara for example

Niagara is a terrible game

#15276 7 years ago

I think he is saying games that both look and play great. Which is what I always look for when bringing in a new game and why others don't make the cut. It has to have both. Wonderland looks like it fits the bill to a tee.

#15277 7 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Niagara is a terrible game

Yes, well if it's so terrible... perhaps you'll sell me yours?

#15278 7 years ago

Some of the best artwork ever on a game.
Stunning example with original cabinet paint, congratulations.

Thanks!

The cabinet is just ok, with lots of scratches and such. But the art is all there. Similar to the other wonderland games I've seen. They used pretty solid paint back then. Probably lots of lead holding it together.

#15279 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Thanks!
They used pretty solid paint back then. Probably lots of lead holding it together.

--- Start old man rant --
Wish they still had the stuff available. That old paint that contained lead was really nice to work with - it flowed & laid down much more evenly than today's stuff & we liked it. You kids stay off of my lawn.
--- end old man rant ---

Seriously, it was good stuff!

#15280 7 years ago
Quoted from dasvis:

Seriously, it was good stuff!

So was this.

leaded-gasoline-pump-photo_(resized).jpgleaded-gasoline-pump-photo_(resized).jpg

#15281 7 years ago

Yes it was.
My '64 Thunderbird ran SO much better with the leaded Ethel hy-test. Now I have to load it up with damn octane booster.
Ahh- the good old days.

#15282 7 years ago

When I worked at a Shell station we had regular, super, and that new unleaded stuff they called super-regular. Wasn't long after that Union was the only station left with the good stuff. They kept it around for quite a while.

The original reason they came out with unleaded is lead destroys cat converters which came out in 1975.

At the same time lack of lead destroys valve seats in older vehicles that don't have hardened seats installed. But they can be retrofitted during a valve job.

#15283 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

The original reason they came out with unleaded is lead destroys cat converters which came out in 1975.

The decrease in violent crime and brain damage was just sugar on top!

#15284 7 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

The decrease in violent crime and brain damage was just sugar on top!

I used to love the smell of high test in the morning!

#15285 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

At the same time lack of lead destroys valve seats in older vehicles that don't have hardened seats installed. But they can be retrofitted during a valve job.

That's right. We had an automotive machine shop & made good $$ on valve job work replacing seats with hardened. We really did not see too much valve seat recession in heads unless the motors were used often under heavy load situations... pulling trailers, etc.

#15286 7 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The wonderland and the old man who sold it to me.

This is me in 30-40 years eyeing the buyer with an eagle eye as I take it apart for the last time to pass the torch.

#15287 7 years ago

Yes, well if it's so terrible... perhaps you'll sell me yours?

Such a poor game that I don't have one

As a gesture of goodwill I would take a CQ Niagara off someone's hands

#15288 7 years ago
Quoted from Rat_Tomago:

This is me in 30-40 years

me in 10-15 yrs

#15289 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

me in 10-15 yrs

Me in 15 - 20 years years except my 60's - 70's Gottliebs' will be pictured

#15290 7 years ago

Sandals, shorts, and t-shirt. That's me right now!

#15291 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Sandals, shorts, and t-shirt. That's me right now!

He was also smoking Marlboros in between removing the head and the legs. And there was an open can of bud on the work bench.

Pretty much one of my favorite pin pickups ever.

#15292 7 years ago

After you loaded it up did he say "now get off my lawn"?

#15293 7 years ago

Such a poor game that I don't have one
As a gesture of goodwill I would take a CQ Niagara off someone's hands

Yeah, I might extend my generosity on something like that too.

Ha!

I've been thinking about my choice in that particular group though... I probably should've said Sittin' Pretty or something along those lines, because it is such a huge player's game. I wouldn't call Niagara that BUT... sometimes a game has such a brilliant playfield layout, they're 'still' great.

For instance, like Rocket and All-Star Basketball... Niagara is a game that is a lot more fun than it looks.

#15294 7 years ago

Rocket is a lot of fun. Fastest playing woodrail I own. Or have played.

#15295 7 years ago

Yeah, I might extend my generosity on something like that too.
Ha!
I've been thinking about my choice in that particular group though... I probably should've said Sittin' Pretty or something along those lines, because it is such a huge player's game. I wouldn't call Niagara that BUT... sometimes a game has such a brilliant playfield layout, they're 'still' great.
For instance, like Rocket and All-Star Basketball... Niagara is a game that is a lot more fun than it looks.

Sittin Pretty is a real player's game for sure! Tough as nails.

Niagara - it's all about the artwork

All Star Basketball and Rose Bowl are cool. Rose Bowl is all about yards and touch downs - points not scored in the game. Very similar layout to All Star Basketball.

#15296 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

After you loaded it up did he say "now get off my lawn"?

No. But he wrote down my license number and name just in case I passed him "funny money" lol. And I thought he was writing me a receipt!

As far as Sittin' Pretty...great looking game but shitty player in my opinion. Roto takes up WAY too much room and it's almost impossible to get the ball back up top where all the scoring is. I had a super nice one and was glad to sell it. The art and animated backglass are great though.

#15297 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Rocket is a lot of fun. Fastest playing woodrail I own. Or have played.

It really IS a lot of fun... but not really what I would call a player's game. No way to save the ball, no matter how good a player you are. Once the ball heads for the sides or goes down the middle... kiss it goodbye! I saw where you said pretty much the same thing awhile back on one of the threads (maybe even this one) so, yeah. But again... such a great playfield layout... and even a great rule set on this game, make it hard 'not' to like.

#15298 7 years ago

Sittin Pretty is a real player's game for sure! Tough as nails.
Niagara - it's all about the artwork
All Star Basketball and Rose Bowl are cool. Rose Bowl is all about yards and touch downs - points not scored in the game. Very similar layout to All Star Basketball.

Hmmm, you're right.... I just looked at Rose Bowl on the IPDB.

Haven't ever played the game but does have some similarities to All-Star Basketball.

#15299 7 years ago

Hmmm, you're right.... I just looked at Rose Bowl on the IPDB.
Haven't ever played the game but does have some similarities to All-Star Basketball.

I think Rose Bowl looks pretty cool as the whole game is focused on scoring touch downs. Advance yards etc. Kind of a unique ruleset. And it has a KO hole special. And rollover specials.

I think this was one of the more highly rated players of the 50's but not many people even aware of the game anymore. I have never played one or even seen a video of the game but I can see it looks like it would be fun if tuned properly.

image-1_(resized).jpgimage-1_(resized).jpg

#15300 7 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

me in 10-15 yrs

Make sure I am there that day. There are a ton of Bally machines that you own that I may never come across otherwise. I will let you tell me to "Get off your lawn!" I will be 52-57 years old during that time period.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Playfield - Protection
The Pinball Scientist

$ 24.98
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 306 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/306?hl=spider3582 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.