20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 350.
#14901 8 years ago
Quoted from cantbfrank:

Wanna be the King? You can, at a good price.

That's a steal

#14902 8 years ago

Getting pretty close to 300 pages on this great thread

Take a bow o-din

#14903 8 years ago

6_(resized).jpg6_(resized).jpg

#14904 8 years ago

And this thread brings so much fun and joy to the group (especially when it goes OT),
whereas the only other thread to surpass this one in postings is the JPop thread which
only brings tears and jeers.

#14905 8 years ago

If nothing else we sure learned a lot about the history of this particular title.

orangecounty.craigslist.org link

#14906 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

And this thread brings so much fun and joy to the group (especially when it goes OT),
whereas the only other thread to surpass this one in postings is the JPop thread which
only brings tears and jeers.

I think the Ghost Busters thread has overtaken the Jpop one which is certainly a good thing.

#14907 8 years ago

I think the Ghostbusters and the Skit-B threads are both just over 10K+ in 3rd place.

#14908 8 years ago

On Sale means way over priced to begin with
and now simply over priced.
Aurora is a hub for antique stores here just north of Salem.

CCoin Rawhide and GTB King Kool

"They are all ON SALE and price to sell or we will be sending them off to the auction."

a veiled threat

portland.craigslist.org link

#14909 8 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

On Sale means way over priced to begin with
and now simply over priced.
Aurora is a hub for antique stores here just north of Salem.
CCoin Rawhide and GTB King Kool
"They are all ON SALE and price to sell or we will be sending them off to the auction."
a veiled threat
portland.craigslist.org link

To be picky, that "Rawhide" is the Stern version after they took over Chicago Coin. Pretty sure it's the same exact thing, though, besides the tiny "Stern" text above the name.

#14910 8 years ago

Oh I'm sure it sounds like a Chicago Coin with that "door bell" chime!

#14911 8 years ago

This one is kind of entertaining....."no low ballers" however, I'm not going to give you a price! But I've seen these go for $2000.00...

stlouis.craigslist.org link

#14913 8 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Lunar Shot / EM AAB 1 Player
Month/Year: August 1967
Production: Unknown
Cost: $500
Link/Contact: greenbay.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "works.
original. not restored"

Added over 8 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#14914 8 years ago

At least there is some paint left on the backglass. I believe this is what an Ali Baba is supposed to look like. Maybe there aren't too many left?

d377c12cbc2c6c8115268a4abdaf10226060d70e_(resized).jpgd377c12cbc2c6c8115268a4abdaf10226060d70e_(resized).jpg

#14915 8 years ago

Well, if you're an EM pin fan in Anchorage, that tired Ali Baba is probably like gold. Bad example, gold may be more plentiful there.

#14916 8 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

This one is kind of entertaining....."no low ballers" however, I'm not going to give you a price! But I've seen these go for $2000.00...
stlouis.craigslist.org link

"I've seen newer ones go for 13,000$." Where, Fantasy Islad ? This dude is on narcotics and its a parts game? I'm laughing at this delusional ad , it's worse than sneaker guy in NYC

#14917 8 years ago
Quoted from 1974DeltaQueen:

"I've seen newer ones go for 13,000$." Where, Fantasy Islad ? This dude is on narcotics and its a parts game? I'm laughing at this delusional ad , it's worse than sneaker guy in NYC

Yonkers, not NYC. Well, not much difference.

#14919 8 years ago

I know who got it... Nanna nanna nah nah!

#14920 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Well, if you're an EM pin fan in Anchorage, that tired Ali Baba is probably like gold.

Unlike mine, it has the correctly painted coin door. There's a plus.

#14921 8 years ago

Two EMs for $500: Williams Hot-Line and Gottlieb Spirit of 76 austin.craigslist.org link

#14922 8 years ago

DANG! That's a great deal in Austin, TX!

#14923 8 years ago

These posted a few days ago...and are local to me.

valdosta.craigslist.org link

#14924 8 years ago
Quoted from jodini:

DANG! That's a great deal in Austin, TX!

I'll sing the mantra Wish I was closer.....

#14925 8 years ago

May have to send my brother over from Houston..........Hmmmm. Is the Spirit of 76 worth $500? Buy two, sell one, get one for free......

#14926 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Two EMs for $500: Williams Hot-Line and Gottlieb Spirit of 76 austin.craigslist.org link

So my wife is gonna kill me...............Seller is a nice guy and a steel guitar player. Actually going to deliver them to my brother's house in Tomball TX for me for nada since he has a gig close by. My poor wife........

#14927 8 years ago

Congrats. I picked up a players condition Hot Line a little over a month ago. I've been playing it non-stop. It's a great little game.

#14928 8 years ago
Quoted from DaveBuckholts:

So my wife is gonna kill me...............Seller is a nice guy and a steel guitar player. Actually going to deliver them to my brother's house in Tomball TX for me for nada since he has a gig close by. My poor wife........

Grats that's an awesome haul. I've heard both are great players. I'm looking at an SO76 tomorrow actually. No where near the deal you got though. Enjoy

#14929 8 years ago

Odin, are you still looking for Heat wave?
There's one for sale....little far away.... in SD $600

#14930 8 years ago

Manufacturer: Williams
Game/Type: Wild Card / EM 1 Player
Month/Year: October 1977
Production: 901 (!)
Cost: $450 Make Offer
Link/Contact: newyork.craigslist.org link
Condition: OP: "Machine goes on, score resets, accepts coin, delivers ball, flippers work, The flippers seems to have a minor intermittent problem staying consistent, a few internal relays will need to be cleaned.
machine works with or without coins, back glass is mint, playing field is excellent.
never used in a commercial arcade.
sorry, but i lost the keys.. >>NO KEYS<<
Cosmetically, this pinball machine is in >>Remarkable<< all original condition."

Added over 8 years ago: **This posting has been deleted by its author.**

#14931 8 years ago
Quoted from Pecos:

Wild Card / EM 1 Player

Always wanted one of these.
Got a feeling the photos are from some other source,
or is this fella selling his whole collection prior to his move.

#14932 8 years ago
Quoted from Shiny_balls:

Odin, are you still looking for Heat wave?
There's one for sale....little far away.... in SD $600

Where is it?

#14933 8 years ago

Looks like a really nice condition Williams 70's game.

#14934 8 years ago

Exactly! San Diego is a large area! That could mean as close as Oceanside. (Odin would love that) or all the way in El Cajon or Imperial Beach. (That would make O-din groan)

#14936 8 years ago

OK thanks! I guess if he was willing to ship that would make it $1000 game. My piggy bank is telling me to stop getting so enthused.

#14937 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

My piggy bank is telling me to stop getting so enthused.

Mine too!

#14938 8 years ago

It's hard to find a good Craigslist EM game. I look everyday. Most of the time they are asking twice what it is worth. Common sayings. Rare - when it's not, easy fix - when they have no idea. Here's a popular one - worth 3000 dollars when restored or I'm only asking 1500 sold for 3000 on different site. How about great shape but motor always turns. Plays perfect- just because the score reels turn. . I like when they throw bright new rubbers on a old needs to be cleaned playfield with faded posts.
. Here's another one . Backglass minor flaking- when it's terrible. I love this one - great shape for a 40 year old machine when half the playfield paint is missing. I could deal with alot of this stuff but they want crazy money. 40 year old rare Pinball lights up ,motor always turns easy fix. Great shape for age . A few scratches on playfield. New rubbers. Played perfect when put into storage. 1500 bring help I can't help load .

#14939 8 years ago
Quoted from Spider3582:

It's hard to find a good Craigslist EM game. I look everyday. Most of the time they are asking twice what it is worth. Common sayings. Rare - when it's not, easy fix - when they have no idea. Here's a popular one - worth 3000 dollars when restored or I'm only asking 1500 sold for 3000 on different site. How about great shape but motor always turns. Plays perfect- just because the score reels turn. . I like when they throw bright new rubbers on a old needs to be cleaned playfield with faded posts.
. Here's another one . Backglass minor flaking- when it's terrible. I love this one - great shape for a 40 year old machine when half the playfield paint is missing. I could deal with alot of this stuff but they want crazy money. 40 year old rare Pinball lights up ,motor always turns easy fix. Great shape for age . A few scratches on playfield. New rubbers. Played perfect when put into storage. 1500 bring help I can't help load .

Patience, my friend. Good ones do turn up now and then.

#14940 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I know who got it... Nanna nanna nah nah!

You picked up another machine?

What, do you have a warehouse?

I'd like to see them all set up in a row sometime. Running or not.

It might be time to sell Bert one.

#14941 8 years ago
Quoted from fflint_18:

You picked up another machine?
What, do you have a warehouse?
I'd like to see them all set up in a row sometime. Running or not.
It might be time to sell Bert one.

Twasn't me, but a little birdie told me it might be at the Allentown show.

#14942 8 years ago
Quoted from Spider3582:

It's hard to find a good Craigslist EM game. I look everyday. Most of the time they are asking twice what it is worth. Common sayings. Rare - when it's not, easy fix - when they have no idea.

I think finding decent EM deals on CL depends on your market. I've found no trouble where I'm located, only having to drive one hour max. It does take some experience, which I don't have much of yet. But, I've purchased four good EM machines for $55 to $220 and all have been in above average shape and less than 1400 produced.

You have to understand who you're buying from before you see the game. There are plenty of "flippers" out there that will buy a machine and either put in the minimum to get it working or just resell as is. You have to be careful with these people and I tend to walk away from them. But, you can find a good deal if they've sat on a game for several weeks. That's what I let them do when they're price is outrageous. Let them sit on it and then check back.

It's best to find people that are selling games they've owned for several years and they now have minor functional issues. I avoid looking at games needing cabinet repaints or major playfield touch ups. I am not an artist and that's a lot of time to spend on something that doesn't affect the play of the game.

Keep looking and you'll spot some good buys. You just have to be ready to see the game on short notice. Good luck.

#14943 8 years ago

I have noticed some great deals in different parts of the country , but here in the East not so many

#14944 8 years ago

Nice looking Williams Perky wood-rail for $110 seattle.craigslist.org link

#14945 8 years ago
Quoted from goldenboy232:

Nice looking Williams Perky wood-rail for $110 seattle.craigslist.org link

Same one?

ebay.com link: Williams Perky Pinball 1956 Wood Rail Restored

#14946 8 years ago
Quoted from Spider3582:

I have noticed some great deals in different parts of the country , but here in the East not so many

Gotta disagree. They do come, but you have to be lucky to see them early and be fast on the draw. Look at the $250 Gottlieb "King Pin" a few posts back. My friend out on Long Island got it. I've bagged a few good CL deals too. Several, thanks to this thread. Keep looking and be patient.

#14947 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

I've bagged a few good CL deals too. Several, thanks to this thread. Keep looking and be patient.

Agree! Was looking and looking for an Atlantis and found mine outside of NYC from a CL post in this thread. It helps that my daughter lived in the city.

#14948 8 years ago

I will be looking at Craigslist and this site for a good deal on a EM. .I see deals but they aren't wthin 100 miles of me . Let's see how long it is for a deal, not a worn down machine someone says new rubbers, does not start but easy fix . Normal wear for age . 1500 dollars

#14949 8 years ago
Quoted from Spider3582:

I will be looking at Craigslist and this site for a good deal on a EM. .I see deals but they aren't wthin 100 miles of me . Let's see how long it is for a deal, not a worn down machine someone says new rubbers, does not start but easy fix . Normal wear for age . 1500 dollars

Hook up with a good Pinsider here before Craig's List. Don't want you to get a bad first impression.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 24.98
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Cabinet - Other
Space Coast Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Chesapeake, VA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 299 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/299?hl=davebuckholts and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.