20211104_113300 (resized).jpg
20211104_110835 (resized).jpg
20211103_202710 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_2021-11-03-20-49-01 (resized).png
Screenshot_2021-10-11-08-52-23 (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 350.
#13751 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Well its a hand shake deal at this point just need to pick it up. Thanks for you opinions! Soon ill be in the EM club!!

Funny how the SS guys come around to the EM side of things sooner or later. Welcome to the club.

#13752 8 years ago
Quoted from MikeO:

Funny how the SS guys come around to the EM side of things sooner or later. Welcome to the club.

I grew up playing Bally's Playboy and Stern's Dracula. My best friend/next door neighbor had them (still has em) and I know they aren't EM but they definitely are like today's games. My fav (well besides Tron) SS game is Cyclone which has that slower pace to it 1 ball. I love shooting drops so I am really excited to get this game home.

#13753 8 years ago

What? No love for the "original" AAB game? Hey, what do I know? It's the only one I've got. I'd say snag that Capt Card at that price. It's getting cold around here so we need some good games in the house now too, not just the garage.

DSCN4092.JPGDSCN4092.JPG

#13754 8 years ago

That one might make more nickels than dimes. Lots of nickels.

#13755 8 years ago

Anyone lined up to get this El Dorado (if the ad is real):

stlouis.craigslist.org link

Here's the ad in case it gets taken down: my mom has an old pinball she wants out of her basement by this weekend, 1st $200 gets it. I don't know anything about this machine, so please don't ask.

#13756 8 years ago

Anyone lined up to get this El Dorado (if the ad is real):

Here's the ad in case it gets taken down: my mom has an old pinball she wants out of her basement by this weekend, 1st $200 gets it. I don't know anything about this machine, so please don't ask.

Hoov -

I sent an email early this morning, so far no reply. Not sure if it's real but certainly a good price if it is (and game is not a total wreck).

I haven't had anything to work on since I got the 'Pitch and Bat' from you so I'm ready for a project if it works out.

#13757 8 years ago
Quoted from kporter946286:

Hey Guys, I know this isn't the best thread for this but You all seem nice, knowledgeable and have been around the block. I have been actively seeking my First EM (which is why I have been here a lot lately) and I got a lead on a AAB Capt Card for a $575. From the photo's The Cabinet, Backglass and PF all look to be of average to above average condition and its fully working. Anyone have any opinions on this game, price or other info that would help me out?

I have a players condition High Hand and it's my favorite EM in the collection, haven't had a chance to play the AAB version. What can make the game frustrating is that you get no bonus for draining down the middle. With the bonus maxed out, you sometimes debate saving an outlane drain if you are trying to beat somebody's score. With enough drops down on the two lower banks, you can sometimes get some serious ricochet action going which then throws it SDTM... it can get moving pretty fast.

#13758 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

my mom has an old pinball she wants out of her basement by this weekend, 1st $200 gets it. I don't know anything about this machine, so please don't ask.

Sure......Ill go down in your basement and check out this hard to find pinball machine that you don't want much money for. Oh and I'll also place the lotion in the basket too for you

#13759 8 years ago

You never know, I got a Lucky Hand and Gold Strike for $200 each. That was years ago though and not on Craigslist.

Anyone that knows anything about pinball may be too cautious to respond to the ad. In the meantime some regular homeowner that just wants a machine and has no idea about what titles are collectible grabs it.

#13760 8 years ago

Here's one up here locally. Anyone interested?

Monterey Classic Pin Ball Machine
1960 vintage....needs some electronic work and new rubber.
$175

MontereyMonterey

#13761 8 years ago

Well, at least it needs nothing! A mere pittance for this gem!

newjersey.craigslist.org link

#13762 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

Hmmm, wonder why it has the wrong coin door?

#13763 8 years ago

Probably not an error, since he also has a DMD machine listed for a mere $58650!

#13764 8 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Hmmm, wonder why it has the wrong coin door?

Yeah, good eye. Obviously has the wrong cabinet style. Looks like an NOS playfield in it.

#13765 8 years ago

Actually, the playfield looks to be totally redone. The fonts for the lettering don't look quite correct. Nice job though otherwise.

#13766 8 years ago
Quoted from jrpinball:

newjersey.craigslist.org link

Those pictures are of a virtual pinball that someone made (as in, it's computer-generated images). The guy who did it had a thread here on Pinside.

#13768 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Those pictures are of a virtual pinball that someone made (as in, it's computer-generated images). The guy who did it had a thread here on Pinside.

well....there ya go.

#13769 8 years ago
Quoted from jwilson:

Here's one up here locally. Anyone interested?
Monterey Classic Pin Ball Machine
1960 vintage....needs some electronic work and new rubber.
$175
Monterey

She is pretty. You don't plan on crossing the lake anytime soon do you?

#13770 8 years ago
Quoted from DirtFlipper:

Here is what he said about it here on PS in another thread.

"This is an add i posted. Good catch on the spelling error I have been selling a lot of tools on Craigslist and was getting so tired of the scammers so i decided to post this bogus add to troll them. Has been working like a charm. Glad i could give you guys a laugh and no, i didn't find these 3d renderings on Google, I made them myself"

#13771 8 years ago

Ok, so what is being sold then? Is this a scam? Both the CL seller and the Pinsider who did the VP are in Denville, NJ.

#13772 8 years ago

Maybe he is selling a "virtual" pinball machine.

#13773 8 years ago

Nothing is being sold. He said he was tired of seeing over priced pins on his local CL and was he was trolling those guys as a joke/ retaliation???

#13774 8 years ago

hilarious

#13775 8 years ago

Hey did anybody get that Keeney Towers in VA? Finally got up the nerve to go for it, and the ad had been removed (I know, I know, classic case of snoozers vs. losers). Looks like they had tried to sell it almost a year ago. Would love to clean it up and take it to York this year!

#13776 8 years ago
Quoted from davideokills:

She is pretty. You don't plan on crossing the lake anytime soon do you?

Nope, not any time soon. But if someone was interested I'd be happy to act as a proxy.

#13777 8 years ago

Oh man!! I wish I could pick this one up. I love this game, but money is tight right now.sfbay.craigslist.org link

#13778 8 years ago

With all these $500 Sing Alongs floating around, makes me glad I passed on a pricier one.

#13779 8 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Oh man!! I wish I could pick this one up. I love this game, but money is tight right now.sfbay.craigslist.org link

I'll send you $50 via paypal as a gift if that would help you get it. It is a beautiful game and it would be great to see another pinsider get it.

#13780 8 years ago
Quoted from davideokills:

I'll send you $50 via paypal as a gif

OMGosh... You are to kind!! I can't believe you'd do that. Thank you so much for the offer, but I couldn't expect that. I've got $300 set aside. Another one will pop up when I have all the $$ thank you again for the offer.

#13781 8 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

OMGosh... You are to kind!! I can't believe you'd do that. Thank you so much for the offer, but I couldn't expect that. I've got $300 set aside. Another one will pop up when I have all the $$ thank you again for the offer.

You're already at $350! A few more people in the giving mood and you'll take that beauty home for Christmas.

#13782 8 years ago

If the motor on my '58 Chevy truck/pinhauler weren't on its last few breaths, I'd drive up this weekend to grab that Sing Along. That game is high on my wish list.

#13783 8 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Oh man!! I wish I could pick this one up. I love this game, but money is tight right now.

I'll throw $10 into the pot as long as that doesn't mean I'm

Quoted from davideokills:in the giving mood

#13784 8 years ago

you guys are awesome.

#13785 8 years ago

Looks like I missed out on the El Dorado when it was @ $200, 3 days later it looks like same game listed for $2,200!

Oh well. I just picked up this 1967 Bally World Cup (SOLD to me!).

I remember playing this once as a kid and it's a nice addition to my 4 pins and a pitch and bat game. Go pick it up tomorrow. It needs a little work but seems to be in very good condition overall. I'm excited!

#13786 8 years ago

Neat. I actually had 3 of those World Cup games at one time. They are a lot of fun. I wish I would have held on to one of them.

#13787 8 years ago

In my best Price is Right voice, it looks like we've got us "a new CAR!!!!".

Thank goodness. Now I can have breakfast and get back to working on my pinball machines.

DSCN4096.JPGDSCN4096.JPG

#13788 8 years ago

Nice work. Looks good.

#13789 8 years ago

Thanks! It wasn't easy.

#13790 8 years ago

What are your guys thoughts on a Gottlieb Buccaneer? I've only played one a few times and thought is was fun. There's an opportunity to buy one from a friend. Backglass is flawless, playfield is about a 7 out of 10 and the cabinet needs a redo. Oh and it doesn't work. He wants $350 and told me he would hold it for me until after the new year. Thoughts?

#13791 8 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

What are your guys thoughts on a Gottlieb Buccaneer?

I've got a Buccaneer. I really like it!

Buccaneer.jpgBuccaneer.jpg

#13792 8 years ago

hahaha! Sorry I was meaning the 1976 version.

#13793 8 years ago

Oh, can't help you with that one.

#13794 8 years ago

Fun game, I have the aab version Ship Ahoy. Love getting to upper playfield by ripping thru the spinner!!

#13795 8 years ago
Quoted from poppapin:

Fun game, I have the aab version Ship Ahoy. Love getting to upper playfield by ripping thru the spinner!!

A guy is buying a Cow Poke from me Sunday and bringing me his Ship Ahoy that needs restored. I'll have to fit that in with the other 10 projects I have

#13796 8 years ago
Quoted from hoov:

bringing me his Ship Ahoy that needs restored

Are you redoing the cabinet? If so what are you doing for stencils?

#13797 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

In my best Price is Right voice, it looks like we've got us "a new CAR!!!!".
Thank goodness. Now I can have breakfast and get back to working on my pinball machines.
DSCN4096.JPG

Nice, you did nice work on that front end. That thing looks exactly like my 2004, I think it has the leather interior also? Is it an LE? Mine's a 4-cylinder LE with leather. Yours is a lot shinier all the way around, but then again, you have a long way to go to catch up to the 120,000 mile mark. That thing will last forever, I would still be driving mine if I hadn't handed it down. Best money you could ever spend on a car.

I'm guessing you put new headlamp assemblies in? They look so nice when they are shiny and clear like that, mine are fogged out almost to oblivion. Got to get them changed out.

#13798 8 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Nice, you did nice work on that front end. That thing looks exactly like my 2004, I think it has the leather interior also? Is it an LE? Mine's a 4-cylinder LE with leather.

Thanks! I told mom when she bought it to get a 4 cyl, but she had to have a V-6 3.0 with side airbags. So it took a while to get. It is an LE with cloth interior. If you are going to replace the headlites, Toyota will fit better than aftermarket. They use slightly different seals on the outside and getting these to fit the fenders was a real bitch. They still aren't perfect, but they will have to do.

#13799 8 years ago
Quoted from bicyclenut:

Are you redoing the cabinet? If so what are you doing for stencils?

Not doing the cabinet as I still haven't done a re-paint - I try to buy projects that I can just touch-up the cab.

#13800 8 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

I'm guessing you put new headlamp assemblies in? They look so nice when they are shiny and clear like that, mine are fogged out almost to oblivion. Got to get them changed out.

To keep them from hazing over this is highly recommended.
http://www.lamin-x.com

I just refreshed the hazed headlamp surface on my '03 Ford Focus SVT and they look new again. I did it a year ago and they hazed again in that time. So I did the Lamin-X to them this time and they look great. The Lamin-X has UV resistance to it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Machine - For Sale
Roswell, GA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Hoover, AL
$ 45.00
Flipper Parts
Tom's Pinball

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

850 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saratoga Springs, NY
$ 24.98
Cabinet Parts
Space Coast Pinball

1,100 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Knoxville, TN
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 17,460 posts in this topic. You are on page 276 of 350.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/some-nice-looking-em-classics-just-came-up-on-cl/page/276 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.